Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Anos posted:

Tonight Clinton will finally assume her true form and it will be glorious and slightly unsettling.

In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Trump's never struck me as a guy who allows people to get shouty with him.

Another reason for the idea of mandatory government service for all citizens. People who have never answered to anyone need to be screamed at by a superior until they lose the erroneus idea that everything they think and say are automatically right. Trump and Tagg Romney seem prime examples of that sort of cancer in society.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bunleigh posted:

The site is really something else. Busted links, titled "Home Page", super basic template, kinda seems like some poor lackey had to whip this up in 10 minutes while Trump stood behind him shouting spittle into his ear.

Donald Trump posted:

I have so many websites. I have them all over the place. I hire people, they do a website. It costs me $3.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Crain posted:

I 100% buy into the idea that he truly believes his own hype and is telling lobbyists/Party Leaders to go gently caress themselves and to fall in line.

I really doubt even the hands that hold the money can tell him what to do. Not because he's actually good business leader/whatever it was that he said during the primary, but because he's a petulant child who cannot abide having anyone try to stand up to him.

Trump's never struck me as a guy who allows people to get shouty with him.

Although I kind of agree, he probably also hasn't ever pissed powerful people off to such a degree while being unable to back out and still claim to have some sort of moral high ground. They're all stuck in this very public deal and he's torching their brand in a spectacular fashion.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Talmonis posted:

Another reason for the idea of mandatory government service for all citizens. People who have never answered to anyone need to be screamed at by a superior until they lose the erroneus idea that everything they think and say are automatically right. Trump and Tagg Romney seem prime examples of that sort of cancer in society.

I've often wondered if Trump's ever actually been in any sort of legit physical confrontation. Simply because it almost feels like he zero concept of what it means to cross the line so spectacularly that somebody decks you.

ReidRansom posted:

Although I kind of agree, he probably also hasn't ever pissed powerful people off to such a degree while being unable to back out and still claim to have some sort of moral high ground. They're all stuck in this very public deal and he's torching their brand in a spectacular fashion.

Interesting point. Here's a question: Let's say that the likely matchup of Trump vs Clinton goes down, and Trump gets shellacked in historical fashion: does it hurt his brand overall, or does he benefit from the insane amount of media saturation we've seen over the last year or so?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Congratulations to Iowa State Senator David Johnson for being the first elected official to publicly leave the Republican Party because Trump sucks so much.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/david-johnson-leaves-gop-trump-hitler

quote:

Johnson, who said he would change his registration to No Party, compared Trump’s rise to the top of the GOP ticket to the rise of Adolf Hitler in the 1930s.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

ReidRansom posted:

Oh absolutely. I just think he's dumb enough to try and tell the GOP elites to gently caress off.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
New SCOTUS hiring rule:

- 23.1 Applicant must be 3rd generation white american only, as judgement will be impaired due to country of origin.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
^ - Too easy to game the system. Make the requirement to be an Anglophone only, as well.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but what's this about Governor Cuomo saying that any company in New York that boycotts Israel will be blacklisted?

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 7, 2016

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Mister Macys posted:

I haven't seen it mentioned, but what's this about Governor Cuomo saying that any company in New York that boycotts Israel will be blacklisted?

Cuomo is a massive piece of poo poo - news at 11.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

CommieGIR posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I can't wait for this trial. He couldn't even resist doubling down on his 'Mexico only sends up its worst' bullshit.

Of all the dumb poo poo hes said this year this was the one i thought he could most easily handwave away.

From the start i took that to mean "By the very nature of criminally crossing a border, taking financial and physical risks these people are much more likely to be running from a criminal past and know they would be screened out of legal immigration options". Of course he made no attempt to frame it this way because hes dim witted.

While we are at it, is there any truth to the right-wing talking point that 1/3rd of mexico said they would be interested in moving to the US when polled? Thats a scary number but they do lie a lot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Mister Macys posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/06/nyregion/cuomo-new-york-israel-boycott-bds-movement.html

Cuomo's stopping all state buisness with companies who are boycotting israel, cause gently caress him

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
So today I learned Democratic pledged delegates are not actually bound to the candidate that they're supposedly pledged too.

That factoid makes the entire Bernie superdelegate argument so completely stupid that it's unfathomable that anyone can make it with a straight face.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

A Winner is Jew posted:

Cuomo is a massive piece of poo poo - news at 11.

I'm Canadian, a little bit more explanation than that would be appreciated.

Also, isn't he Democrat?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I've often wondered if Trump's ever actually been in any sort of legit physical confrontation. Simply because it almost feels like he zero concept of what it means to cross the line so spectacularly that somebody decks you.

Interesting point. Here's a question: Let's say that the likely matchup of Trump vs Clinton goes down, and Trump gets shellacked in historical fashion: does it hurt his brand overall, or does he benefit from the insane amount of media saturation we've seen over the last year or so?

Honestly, I think it hurts him a lot. By most accounts, licensing is the largest single chunk of his business, and the actual owners of those properties are probably all very strongly considering (if they haven't already decided) telling him to gently caress right off as soon as they're contractually permitted to do so. Because at this point, that giant "Trump" on your hotel is almost certainly driving more customers away than it's bringing in.

e: as for physical confrontations, sure, with at least one wife. but probably too much of a coward to frog up to anyone that wasn't obviously weaker. classic bully poo poo

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 7, 2016

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Mister Macys posted:

Also, isn't he Democrat?

Yes. Democrats aren't any less attached to Israel than republicans. Schumer is one of the biggest Israel defenders and he's a NY democratic senator.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Mister Macys posted:

Also, isn't he Democrat?

the tl;dr on the current thing is indeed that he's creating (created?) a blacklist of anyone who has ties or associates with those who have ties to the BSD / Israel boycott movement. So, channeling some element of McCarthy vibes there I guess.

Other poo poo that new yorkers hate include his industry-friendly stance on fracking, closed-door shenanigans, threatening to remove sheriffs if they didn't fall in line behind his gun program, etc. Typical career politician bullshit. I haven't lived in NYS in close to a decade at this point so there's probably a lot of other things people hate.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Talmonis posted:

No you see making people serve means we're really just giving a handjob to the evil bourgeois.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Of all the dumb poo poo hes said this year this was the one i thought he could most easily handwave away.

From the start i took that to mean "By the very nature of criminally crossing a border, taking financial and physical risks these people are much more likely to be running from a criminal past and know they would be screened out of legal immigration options". Of course he made no attempt to frame it this way because hes dim witted.

While we are at it, is there any truth to the right-wing talking point that 1/3rd of mexico said they would be interested in moving to the US when polled? Thats a scary number but they do lie a lot.

How about you go gently caress yourself.

How about I'm a complete idiot that can't read.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 7, 2016

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

MattD1zzl3 posted:

A lot of Mexicans think the US is a great country and they would like to live there, and that's scary?

everyone knows why

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Mister Macys posted:

Also, isn't he Democrat?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/12/nyregion/in-moreland-commission-inquiry-insufficient-evidence-to-prove-a-crime.html

Like I said, he's a huge piece of poo poo.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Sword of Chomsky posted:

I think they meant that the right-wing people lie a lot, not that Mexicans do.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Sword of Chomsky posted:

Im talking about right wing media, moron... jesus christ not everything is an attack on mexicans.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

MattD1zzl3 posted:

It was cherry picked from a 2012 poll that showed also that the net immigration was 0 or less, meaning there was more returning to Mexico then coming in.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2014/08/26/mexican-president-pena-nietos-ratings-slip-with-economic-reform/

quote:

....a representative sample of 1,000 randomly selected adults from across the country between April 21 and May 2, 2014. The poll also finds that as the immigration debate rages on in the U.S., a plurality of Mexicans (44%) believe life is better north of the border for those who migrated from Mexico. And roughly a third (34%) still say they would move to the U.S. if they had the opportunity, including 17% of Mexicans who would do so without authorization. Nonetheless, the declining net rate of migration from Mexico to the U.S. is reflected in the percentage of Mexicans who report having a friend or family member living in the U.S. – 32% today, down from 42% in 2007.

And 'if they had the opportunity' is a vague term. Most do not have the chance, or can afford the traffickers.

BUT SCARY MEXICANS WILL RAPE YOU BUGGABUGGABUGGA

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Sword of Chomsky posted:

I'm pretty sure he meant that bobble-head republicans lie a lot, and not mexicans? :confused:

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Well I'm glad that our daily Minute Of Hate is over.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I'm pretty sure he meant that bobble-head republicans lie a lot, and not mexicans? :confused:

It's Matt. Never be certain.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

citybeatnik posted:

In fairness, MattD1zzl3 is often quite racist, so I can understand someone leaping to that conclusion.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

citybeatnik posted:

It's USPol, it's never over, it's just waiting for the next goon

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Assuming someone is being a disingenuous racist isn't a good way to post, I am sorry.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Dick Trauma posted:

I just flipped through the California voter guide for senator and it's maybe three traditional cardboard cutout candidates and like, 20 goddamn loving lunatics. Each candidate gets to have a statement printed and they're insane.

Dr. Akinyemi Olabode Agbede: "Rescue America! Rescue America! Rescue America! Californian!"

Ling Ling Shi: "Run for God's Heart and America's Freedom, challenge 10 giant chaos in economy and economy-related sectors."

Tim Gildersleeve: "I am a follower of Jesus Christ."

President Cristina Grappo (yes her name is "President"): "My education & expertise merits this prolific occupation in order to represent California, as United Senator."

Karen Roseberry: "S.A.V.E. the future!"

Jason Hanania: "01100101."

:psyduck:

Yeah seriously, like I really can't see The Great Gildersleeve as a politician. :v:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I'm curious to see what percentage of Americans would move elsewhere if they had the opportunity. If I had the money or ability to find work elsewhere I can think of a lot of places outside the US I'd like to move to. Every presidential election year people on both sides cry about moving to Canada if their team loses. People who get hosed over by medical debt might wish to move to a country with some form of UHC. People who get hosed over by their jobs might want to move to a place that has decent labor protections. Someone who's had a kid might want to move to a place that had guaranteed parental leave, etc.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Dick Trauma posted:

I just flipped through the California voter guide for senator and it's maybe three traditional cardboard cutout candidates and like, 20 goddamn loving lunatics. Each candidate gets to have a statement printed and they're insane.

Dr. Akinyemi Olabode Agbede: "Rescue America! Rescue America! Rescue America! Californian!"

Ling Ling Shi: "Run for God's Heart and America's Freedom, challenge 10 giant chaos in economy and economy-related sectors."

Tim Gildersleeve: "I am a follower of Jesus Christ."

President Cristina Grappo (yes her name is "President"): "My education & expertise merits this prolific occupation in order to represent California, as United Senator."

Karen Roseberry: "S.A.V.E. the future!"

Jason Hanania: "01100101."

:psyduck:

I'll just plug a local favorite: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodspaceguy

Could even be our governor this time round! The real question is what party will he be running as this time?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

happyhippy posted:

And 'if they had the opportunity' is a vague term. Most do not have the chance, or can afford the traffickers.

BUT SCARY MEXICANS WILL RAPE YOU BUGGABUGGABUGGA

But if that's your statement to say I'm worrying about nothing, arent we about to do immigration reform and open the floodgates?

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
The 01100101 guy is worth googling. His vanity campaign is essentially an ad for his crowdfunded direct democracy app.

quote:

A 100% evoting democracy will be more efficient than a 1% political party system because the will of the American People will drive federal legislation. The Evoting Service will be accessible to every American by both website and mobile device. Problems can be solved, and new laws passed, all in a matter of weeks. The speed at which it happens is up to the American People. ​

eviltastic fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 7, 2016

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jackson Taus posted:

It's worse than that - you've got to get both national parties, the relevant local parties, and frequently the state legislatures on board with any changes. In my state, if you want to change the primary calendar you'd have to either get a law through the state legislature (which would also involve moving some dates around for local town council races), or switch to a caucus system (which our local parties are not capable of handling in many jurisdictions). And in many states, the Presidential primary is the same day as state legislature or Congressional primaries. Moving those around every four years would really screw with people.

There were a lot of states this cycle that changed their primary laws when the RNC held firm on its demand that anyone who went before March 1 would lose almost all of their delegates. Even the notoriously pricklish NC legislature changed their omnibus election bill (which originally pegged their primary to the same week as SC) to accommodate. Truth is: many legislators will end up being delegates and they don't want to be left out.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

What time is trump's presser tonight?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Sword of Chomsky posted:

How about I'm a complete idiot that can't read.

I read it that way, too. I figured out that wasn't what he meant, but it's a valid interpretation of the sentence as written

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

As if the man could be any more based, here is an article by James (((Rosen))):

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Narciss fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mister Macys posted:

^ - Too easy to game the system. Make the requirement to be an Anglophone only, as well.

Clinton's probably going to do this poo poo on a national level too, especially if Schumer's running the Senate. Sadly there really isn't a "gently caress Israel it's a loving awful country we need to condemn them and not shield them from the rest of the world" option in the 2016 election. Obama's about as good as we're going to see for a long time.

Mister Macys posted:

Also, isn't he Democrat?

I wish Democrats has "go gently caress yourself Israel" as a party platform but sucking up to Israel is a very bipartisan thing.

• Locked thread