Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

That's actually pretty amazing, god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Happy JoJo Day

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, if it was inspired by fansubs of the 90s OVA, then it makes sense that the comic starts off with the N'Doul homage.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Araki drew the main character of Usogui as part of its 10 year anniversary celebrations.
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=11189

Usogui sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Gods of Manga shouldnt allow any non-fukamoto gambling 'gas

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Happy birthday, Araki.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

quote:

Jochen "Joe" Weltjens

are you loving serious

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

okay, so who's buying a namechange to Jochen Weltjens

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yinlock posted:

are you loving serious

It's not that crazy. It'd be better if his middle name were Joe or if his last name were Weltjos or something like that

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Please celebrate Araki Day with this comic about the author of Neuro and Assassination Classroom going to eat dinner with Araki

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

no collagen, master araki is truly a vampire lord.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm behind on news, what's this stuff about an OVA in the anime thread?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's a Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan OVA being released to owners of all thirteen blurays if they redeem the vouchers enclosed within them.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ooooh, neat!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
You will die in Hirohiko Araki's lifetime.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I am okay with that

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

What's the popular guess on the rohan OVA? Louvre?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

What's the popular guess on the rohan OVA? Louvre?

My bet's on Poaching

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Bad Seafood posted:

I've already died, actually.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm honestly not sure what scares me more: Dying before JoJo is finished, or Araki dying before JoJo is finished.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

My bet's on Poaching

That would make me very, very happy

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
a second animated tonio adventure... dare i dream

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i know it wont happen but i would love it to be Rohan goes to Louvre as the ova.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Moltrey posted:

I'm honestly not sure what scares me more: Dying before JoJo is finished, or Araki dying before JoJo is finished.

I don't want to live in that second world, so the reaper can just take me now.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

i know it wont happen but i would love it to be Rohan goes to Louvre as the ova.

i want them all

every single chapter of thus spake rohan kishibe

also dead man's letters

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

no they will not posted:

a second animated tonio adventure... dare i dream

Oi oi oi oi oi

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm okay with David spending a cour or two on Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe and Dead Man's Questions

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think the OVA will be new, but written by Araki

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I want a Dead Man's Questions VA just so Kira's VA (assuming it's his ASB one) can speak more words at me.

I'd love for them to animate some of the bigger parts of Purple Haze Feedback, but I have no idea how that would even work

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013

Moltrey posted:

If you die before it's finished, at least you will never know the the pain of a life without jojo.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also you could be a ghost and read the manga over people's shoulders, if you think about it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/dimolto_bene_/status/741093946151952385

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Welp, pack it up everyone we've reached the peak of humanity. It's all downhill from here.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Ooooh, also, say hello to (a teeny tiny) Heaven's Door:

https://twitter.com/gerotake/status/741104942522327042

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

this guy's been available for a while now, i guess they're doing another run? i bought one a few months back to display proudly in my kitchen. there's also a variant in the red & yellow alternate colors

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yeah, just another run, I believe. I'm too lazy to look it up but I thought they were a little harder to come by in this color; I actually kind of prefer the orange version.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They get to the part where Joseph's first on the boat, shortly after Okuyasu is pulled out of the electric cable.

I wasn't super into this episode.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 10, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Oh, they didn't do a cliffhanger with oku? I mean I guess that makes sense since even in the manga it's really low key but I had wondered...

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Japanese anime magazine claims that Diamond Is Unbreakable is gonna be 39 episodes

Nothing we didn't really already figure, but it's nice to have something more recent confirming it. I used to be really scared at the idea of only 39 episodes, but nah it's gonna be fine.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Moltrey posted:

Japanese anime magazine claims that Diamond Is Unbreakable is gonna be 39 episodes

Nothing we didn't really already figure, but it's nice to have something more recent confirming it. I used to be really scared at the idea of only 39 episodes, but nah it's gonna be fine.

Always better to leave 'em wanting more than to overstay your welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

as was said before, SDC was kind of artificially extended due to there not being great places to cut off and it being a Big Deal, so more judicious editing in terms of pacing is more than welcome. they've already shown that they can easily get everything in there while keeping from stretching things out too long, so i'm not worried a bit.