Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
I've never had a beer I didn't like; all beer is delicious to me. But even after a little break from beer, it's like I can't feel normal beers. A 7.5%-8.5% IPA kicks in right away and gets me to where I need to be.

Overall this might be a sign of alcoholism though, the next stop being a bottle of port at nearly 20% for 5 bucks and then moving on to the hard stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i care. but i dont know if anyone else does. :shrug:

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

ipa's give you man tiddays
buy steel reserve
the only only honest "beer"

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
Post a video of you smoking beedies and drinking an IPA.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i can only drink through a tiny straw because i got my jaw wired shut. i can't speak. i can only post, and grunt, and masturbate (but since i can't open my mouth its kind of pointless, like smelling a steak but not tasting it)

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Stop being a loving pussy and drink Belgian beers. They start at 9 and don't taste like over hopped garbage.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jellidelic posted:

ipa's give you man tiddays
buy steel reserve
the only only honest "beer"

A homeless man at the grocery store recommended Steel Reserve to me. It tastes like rusty poo poo water at first but then your face goes numb and it's not so bad.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Stop being a loving pussy and drink Belgian beers. They start at 9 and don't taste like over hopped garbage.

oh yeah i drink those too, im high ABV man

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Belgian yeasts taste bad.

Go to hard alcohol you pansy. Scotch and rye whiskies are where its at.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Dave_Indeed posted:

A homeless man at the grocery store recommended Steel Reserve to me. It tastes like rusty poo poo water at first but then your face goes numb and it's not so bad.

ive drank those while employed and unemployed, tastes just as good either way

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

beer good

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

agreed. threads about beer...

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
My favorite IPA is Sculpin. What is yours OP?

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

this

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

im imaging drinking an ipa and i have to ask: is it like drinking an ira? they tend to be white, curly haired, somewhat extremist in political views, but let me tell you: once they're ground to a pulp and filtered through a brita filter, all corpses taste pretty similar.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Are people over IPAs yet? I want to go to a nice bar without being forced to choose a stout just to avoid some overhopped garbage. Please tell me people are over them :(

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

ColtMcAsskick posted:

Are people over IPAs yet? I want to go to a nice bar without being forced to choose a stout just to avoid some overhopped garbage. Please tell me people are over them :(

im not... 8% beats 5%

it's about math

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
IPA is gross. Drink Guinness.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i was also drinking a stout and i thought, what if there was a stout to cure gout? or a stout for people with gout? maybe we should make a stout that tastes like grout, how about grout stout? we could sell them out of an ice cream truck, call it the grout stout route. eventually we could fund an mma tie-in: the grout stout route bout maybe its just the gout talking, but i think we have a million dollar idea here. maybe then we could get that vampire dude from sesame street here and we'll have the grout stout route bout count.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Lt. Chips posted:

Belgian yeasts taste bad.

Go to hard alcohol you pansy. Scotch and rye whiskies are where its at.

Sorry you were born with lovely taste buds, bud.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Twat McTwatterson posted:

im not... 8% beats 5%

it's about math

Might as well just go straight for 95% neutral spirits then

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

i'm enjoying a cider right now, op

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Infidel Castro posted:

Sorry you were born with lovely taste buds, bud.

Yeah, it really sucks. I have heard so many great things about Belgians, but any that use that yeast have the exact same bad taste that turns my stomach. Oh well.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

kazr posted:

i'm enjoying a cider right now, op

I need to try more ciders and maybe meads.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I'm the same, but I'm no fan of IPAs at all. Porters, stouts, belgian ales are my thing. I also like scotch ales and up to trying other styles. Just not a fan of how IPAs taste at all. Alcohol percentage needs to be 8% or higher.

After trying out various microbrew stouts, Guinness tastes like a watered down stout and the aftertaste tastes like licking a metal spoon in comparison

to answer the following posts

ya im gay

e: owned by lowtax

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

do your shits smell like grass clippings

if not, drink more IPAs and you'll get there

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Belgian beer tastes like incense smells and most IPAs taste too bitter. Just drink 2 gallons of domestic light beer like god intended.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I drink bud light IPAs all the time

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

i drank a nw red ale yesterday, it was dankity. hoppiness is good but god drat a lot of ipas taste like grass and now they take up 90% of shelf/tap space gently caress

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ColtMcAsskick posted:

Might as well just go straight for 95% neutral spirits then

Wimp try 98%

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

I also was once a child who thought the most important thing about drinking was how fast it could get me drunk.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Millenials caused this iPa popularity FYI

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

nawcom posted:

I'm the same, but I'm no fan of IPAs at all. Porters, stouts, belgian ales are my thing. I also like scotch ales and up to trying other styles. Just not a fan of how IPAs taste at all. Alcohol percentage needs to be 8% or higher.

After trying out various microbrew stouts, Guinness tastes like a watered down stout and the aftertaste tastes like licking a metal spoon in comparison

ya im gay

I'm starting to see like a lot of coffee porters around now and I'd just like to stake out here and now that I liked them first. me. I liked the coffee porters before the hipsters did

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
There is absolutely no way that the thread title is true

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
I used to only drink ipas, then I remembered that I can buy a 30 pack of Hamm's for like 15 bucks tops.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

every beer is a friggin ipa now. i like em enough, but sometimes i want to drink something that doesnt taste like someone left a load of pennies in it

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LOL, I can't imagine willingly spending money on a beer that has was invented because Euros were desperate for something, anything, to get shitfaced on to forget they were in loving India.

nawcom posted:

ya im gay

Old Rasputin is legit good, but I learned in college that if you eat Doritos with it, the residues of both mix together to taste like Death.

Now I gotta go to Jungle Jim's and grab a bunch of bottles of the weirdest beers I can find.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i like really citrusy, bitter IPAs because they taste good

yeasty beers and wheat beers suck

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress ipas!!! lagers and pilsners and kolschs are where it's at

like Yuengling, they don't make a goddam ipa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

jackyl posted:

like Yuengling, they don't make a goddam ipa

they also don't make any beer at outside of the weak as hell bitchmade east coast of the US

• Locked thread