Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It'll be interesting to see how the best friends dynamic shifts now that Woolie's been replaced with Satsui no Hado Woolie

No fun allowed.png but with 'hype' and Woolie's face on the robot's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It'll be interesting to see how the best friends dynamic shifts now that Woolie's been replaced with Satsui no Hado Woolie

Violent Woolie.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"Who are you" "I'm Woolz but stronger."

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

I guess it really has been a long time since Pat played Dark Souls 1, where the game eventually just gives you 20 estus flasks (unless you intentionally avoid it). Or DS2 that just kind of drowns your character in various healing items.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

RareAcumen posted:

No fun allowed.png but with 'hype' and Woolie's face on the robot's.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

#wooliewasright

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie attempting the backdown on Twitter

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Watching the Salt and Sanctuary video on Vessel, and two things come to mind:

1) Holy poo poo it really IS just Dark Souls, and

2) I understand explaining mechanics, but man do the SBFP guests really like to hand-hold when someone else is playing. "Okay kill them, roll past these, use that bonfire..."

Backseat gamers, everywhere.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Woolie = satan?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Depths posted:

Woolie = satan?

He has had an affinity towards bible villains, actually... most recently on part 29 or 30 of Twilight Princess

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aww, you're a sweetheart.

HoboTech posted:

Watching the Salt and Sanctuary video on Vessel, and two things come to mind:

1) Holy poo poo it really IS just Dark Souls, and

2) I understand explaining mechanics, but man do the SBFP guests really like to hand-hold when someone else is playing. "Okay kill them, roll past these, use that bonfire..."

Backseat gamers, everywhere.

I told them letting me guest in the LP was a bad idea.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Woolie called himself a race traitor for dating a white girl. :stare:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Y'all acting like woolie being a wishy-washy motherfucker is a new development

he's literally the reason "there are two schools of thought" is a sbfp running gag

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie is right.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I called him being wishy washy when the Noel Brown thing was reported, this is p standard woolie

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
We all knew the Woolie hole led to a dark place, we just didn't know how dark.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'll give infinite cred to woolie if the cutlass/machete story is true.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Dias posted:

Woolie is right.

He used the word "martyr" to describe Noel Brown, let's not kid ourselves here.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's really a 50/50 split between Woolie having a bad opinion or not knowing what 'martyr' actually means.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

i mean not about that about stupid hero rein

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Noel Brown is a genre.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I haven't listened to the podcast, but if what he meant is that they made Noel a scapegoat, I don't think he's 100% wrong. Noel should've been banned a long time ago, but they're kinda making an example out of the guy right now too. Which, mind you, isn't a bad thing, the FGC really could use some examples - especially one that punched a dude with a broken leg at a streamed tournament. I'm not even gonna get into him hitting his (ex?) girlfriend, assuming TOs wanted to keep stuff about what happens in tournaments only and not overall scumbaggery.

There's no way you can defend him, regardless. Guy's a piece of poo poo that got away with some massive BS because he was friends with JWong. Kinda like Marn too.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Woolie implies that the punching thing was understandable and that there's always two sides to everything, and literally said verbatim what this Noel person said on his facebook post about how it was totes fine how he groped her before Pat cut in to point out how bullshit the excuse was.

Then calls the dude martyr and says he was crucified. He mentioned several times that it's not really a discussion for the podcast, so i'm really leaning towards him thinking Noel didn't deserve it but reeling it back to avoid catching fire on that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I appreciate Woolie's "not everything is black and white" attitude and I think more people would do well to think that way about serious issues, but the Noel Brown thing is a very odd place to use that attitude to stand his ground because there were other people who literally saw it happen exactly as it was later described

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 8, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's the stupid FGC mentality of siding with "our" guy rearing its ugly head. Shame that Woolie is justifying that poo poo. Also someone should tell him that Noel's printscreens were pretty heavily edited to make him seem "nicer" than he actually was.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Woolie was wrong

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Any time I hear about anyone trying to make the FGC more palatable for that mainstream cash money, I always think about the World Series of Dice skit from Chappelle's Show.

The way people dance uncomfortably around the fact that most 'e-sports' have all the class, poise, and refinement of a cock-fighting tournament is an endless, clean-burning source of comedy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

"There's always two sides to everything" says woolie, seemingly unaware that sometimes there is in fact not

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ruggington posted:

Woolie was wrong

Anubis B has plenty of cover and if you don't know you can LoS block D.Va's ult (not even that Rein's shield blocks it), you deserve to die.

But yeah, he's wrong about Noel.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dias posted:

Anubis B has plenty of cover and if you don't know you can LoS block D.Va's ult (not even that Rein's shield blocks it), you deserve to die.

But yeah, he's wrong about Noel.

It was Day 1 on the beta! That person did a hype thing that was really cool to see and very much understanding of the core gameplay design of cooperation before people really knew how everything worked together.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Dias posted:

the FGC really could use some examples - especially one that punched a dude with a broken leg at a streamed tournament.

Wasn't that also him?

fake edit: yeah, it was.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It was Day 1 on the beta! That person did a hype thing that was really cool to see and very much understanding of the core gameplay design of cooperation before people really knew how everything worked together.

yeah and then people kept sharing it as "look how smart"

it's not it's dumb there's even a better one where the rein actually shields up after the charge, survives AND kills the zero suit d.va

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dias posted:

it's not it's dumb there's even a better one where the rein actually shields up after the charge, survives AND kills the zero suit d.va

GODDAMMIT, BE PERFECT AT THE VIDEO GAME WITHIN SEVEN MINUTS OF PLAYTIME

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think his point is that people kept sharing it as a smart maneuver even after it was discovered that it actually isn't.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

dias was right

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

It's the stupid FGC mentality of siding with "our" guy rearing its ugly head.

aka literally every time Woolie is forced to discuss the FGC's latest bit of grime

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

heh, overwatch fans huh? heh, always telling people how to play

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I think his point is that people kept sharing it as a smart maneuver even after it was discovered that it actually isn't.

Well that just flew right by my head because I just saw it as a hype thing.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Stop dropping your shield Reinhardt, godammit.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I mean, at least that game is competitive. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dias posted:

Fair enough, I guess. For me i've only seen it shared alongside with .gifs of kamina, goku or the iron giant dying because self sacrifice looks dope as hell. :shrug: