Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Black Canary better be in Injustice 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Ah, I found it. Loved this page, especially since by sheer coincidence I read it less than a week after I'd seen BvS.

I miss smiling Superman helping people too, kid.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

Black Canary better be in Injustice 2.

Why? She has the perfect ending in comic. gently caress fate.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Make like Mortal Kombat X and Dinah and Ollie's kid is the main character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Why? She has the perfect ending in comic. gently caress fate.

Yeah but there's another one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If you mean in the video game, I agree, her powerset is at least different than the overabundance of "flying beam mans".

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Having watched a bit of this despite my better judgment I can now say I really hope they write an actual ending because this is garbage. I don't want "Let's call the real heroes from an alternate universe to fix everything!" to be the end of the story. That's lame as hell.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but you see it from the perspective of the 'normal' universe, where they go to the broken alternate one and fix it. That's standard alternate universe storytelling there.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

There is one thing in the comic that annoyed the poo poo out of me and I honestly can't tell if Buccellato messed up or if DC's editorial staff put their foot down on a non-canon digital series.

A few years ago, DC had that whole bad PR situation where the creative team on Batwoman left early because DC wouldn't let her get married. DC doubled down on the stupidity by going "Hey, we're not anti-gay! We're just anti-marriage! Marriage is worse than cancer!"

In Year Two, Batman's building up towards this huge siege against the Hall of Justice using both his own army of vigilantes (except for Black Lightning who for some reason just stopped showing up in the comic with no explanation) and the Gotham police. As Batman does his Bill Pullman ID4 speech, we get panels of different characters interacting with their loved ones. When he mentions "wives," we see Batwoman and Renee Montoya embracing and acting like this might be the last time they see each other. Taylor's subtly mentioning, in a one-off panel, that in his reality, Batwoman's indeed married.

During Buccellato's run, he kills off Huntress. Not a big surprise, what with her not being in the game. Thing is, Montoya takes it badly. REALLY badly. Goes back to hard drinking badly. Tearfully calls up an old girlfriend badly. Overdoses on super pills and calls out Superman for a rage-filled suicide run badly. The kind of reaction you'd expect from having your spouse get killed. Meanwhile, Batwoman and Montoya have zero interaction during all this and Batwoman doesn't have any notable reaction to Montoya's death.

So either DC was being extremely petty by saying that gay marriage can't exist in their Superman murder story (even when both spouses are dying) or Buccellato simply can't tell Huntress and Batwoman apart.

STAH.txt

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

Having watched a bit of this despite my better judgment I can now say I really hope they write an actual ending because this is garbage. I don't want "Let's call the real heroes from an alternate universe to fix everything!" to be the end of the story. That's lame as hell.

"Lame as hell" is a good way to describe about 95% of the story in the game. There are a few neat moments like Luthor's last stand, but it's largely awful.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Lurdiak posted:

"Lame as hell" is a good way to describe about 95% of the story in the game. There are a few neat moments like Luthor's last stand, but it's largely awful.
The worst bit is when you're controlling Superman and Black Adam is trying to slow you down by grabbing cars off the highway and throwing them at you, and you get a minigame to use your heat vision to destroy the cars.

The cars from the highway. Which still have people in them.

And you're playing as the good Superman from the regular universe.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The worst bit is when Yellow Lantern Hal Jordan tells Green Lantern Hal Jordan "You're awfully quick to judge the choices we've made, let me explain-" and GL Hal cuts him off and starts punching him. Phew! There was almost shades of grey in this story.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Because surely we are lacking stories where superheroes have shades of gray. It's a punching game. I don't care what reason Fear Mongering Hal has for following Nazi Superman. He's earned a right hook .

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If you have over 2 hours of cutscenes maybe there should be more to your story than Good Guy Punches Bad Guy.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I would watch Hal Jordan get punched for two hours, are you kidding me?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yellow Hal betrayed the Corps, and was going to let Sinestro execute Guy Gardner before he got his yellow ring. Then he murders Guy himself.

Something tells me Green Hal's not going to be sympathetic.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

And throwing punches before you even have time to think is a very Hal Jordan thing to do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everyone already knew it was being announced next week anyway, but Gamestop leaked Injustice 2 so it's unofficially official now.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Travis343 posted:

I would watch Hal Jordan get punched for two hours, are you kidding me?

Feel free to stare at my avatar for hours on end.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

And throwing punches before you even have time to think is a very Hal Jordan thing to do.

Remember when there was a photoshop thread all about Hal Jordan punching an old man?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bobkatt013 posted:

Remember when there was a photoshop thread all about Hal Jordan punching an old man?

Indeed, an old man with no arms.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Aphrodite posted:

Everyone already knew it was being announced next week anyway, but Gamestop leaked Injustice 2 so it's unofficially official now.

Yup.

Using a kryptonite batsuit to fight Flash. World's greatest detective.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gavok posted:

Yup.

Didn't Lex Luthor get cancer from wearing a kryptonite ring all the time?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Flash and Batman ended the first game on the same side, but that could just be 2 random choices and not related to the story mode.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

prefect posted:

Didn't Lex Luthor get cancer from wearing a kryptonite ring all the time?
Yes. In fact, from a kryptonite ring that Batman now keeps in his Batcave in case he has to fight Superman.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Ghostlight posted:

Yes. In fact, from a kryptonite ring that Batman now keeps in his Batcave in case he has to fight Superman.

Doesn't Superman know bats is Wayne? What would keep him from just leveling the manor/cave?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Doesn't Superman know bats is Wayne? What would keep him from just leveling the manor/cave?

Superman gave it to him. In the case that Superman lost control he wanted the ring in the hands of someone he trusts.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Gavok posted:

Yup.

Maybe he's got a Green Lantern ring and it's juicing the suit.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

site posted:

In the Injustice story? He tries. Twice. First time around Alfred (hopped up on super-pills) beats the ever living poo poo out of Superman. Second time Superman tries for a friendlier visit, but Batman is not there and just gets a dressing down from Alfred. And he's lucky that's all he got.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

CzarChasm posted:

In the Injustice story? He tries. Twice. First time around Alfred (hopped up on super-pills) beats the ever living poo poo out of Superman. .

Do you know what issue this is? I gotta see that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

site posted:

Do you know what issue this is? I gotta see that.

Veotax posted:

As requested: Superman has gone evil and is pretty much in the process of taking over the world, Lex Luthor (who is Supes' friend in the Injustice universe) has created a pill that turns regular people into super humans and Superman is going to give this pill to his army to enforce his rule. Green Arrow and Batman break into the Fortress of Solitude to steal the pill, Arrow accidentally shoots Pa Kent (Superman kidnapped his parents for their own protection after the US tried threatening them to get to Supes) and Superman kills Arrow. Batman escapes with the pill, but Superman follows and beats the poo poo out of him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Okay yeah, that was definitely badass!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Alfred wrecked his loving shoe on Superman's grill. That's some next level poo poo

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

site posted:

Well for a start the cave now has kryptonite in it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Ghostlight posted:

Well for a start the cave now has kryptonite in it.

tbh I'm not that familiar with Superman (or DC in general for that matter) so I dunno how much a small ring's worth of kryptonite affects him. Like, would it just being in the cave shut down all his powers if he's within 500 yards or something?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

site posted:

tbh I'm not that familiar with Superman (or DC in general for that matter) so I dunno how much a small ring's worth of kryptonite affects him. Like, would it just being in the cave shut down all his powers if he's within 500 yards or something?
It's entirely understandable since you've gotten a different message from other media lately, but in the comics Superman and Batman are best friends and trust each other. What stops Superman from levelling the cave is that he has absolutely no desire to do so. The whole point of giving Batman the ring was that Superman thinks that Batman will never use it against him unless Superman makes it necessary, and Batman is also the best possible judge for when Superman has actually crossed the line.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

There's actually a whole bit with Batman how he, personally, has devised countermeasures to disable every single member of the Justice League just in case like, they all decide to turn evil against him or something.

I'm kind of surprised that there's never been a plotline about that, if I'm being honest. Batman v the JL.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

There's actually a whole bit with Batman how he, personally, has devised countermeasures to disable every single member of the Justice League just in case like, they all decide to turn evil against him or something.

I'm kind of surprised that there's never been a plotline about that, if I'm being honest. Batman v the JL.

I'm honestly unsure if you're joking, but it was. Like it's one of the more well-known Justice League stories, by Mark Waid.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tower of Babel isn't actually Batman himself using his countermeasures though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Gaz-L posted:

I'm honestly unsure if you're joking, but it was. Like it's one of the more well-known Justice League stories, by Mark Waid.

Wait really? Huh. Guess I should give that a read, then.