Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DemeaninDemon posted:

I like Hillary and Sanders. So um I guess shoot me?

A monster, just like 80someodd percent of all Democratic Party members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Clinton's upsetness was probably more about how if somehow in Cali a bunch of her supporters decide gently caress it it's over and she winds up losing in a squeaker she's going to personally Vince Foster whoever in AP released that story.

Fortunately, research seems to show that people vote more often when they think their candidate is going to win.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

DemeaninDemon posted:

Same, I voted for Bernie because I like his policy positions better, but I actually think Hilary is more likable

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Just voted for Hillary. :chord:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

The Glumslinger posted:

Same, I voted for Bernie because I like his policy positions better, but I actually think Hilary is more likable

I didn't vote because I was disenfranchised by an arcane selection process that occurred while I was at work.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
If they can accept genocide they can accept anything

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Al! posted:

If they can accept genocide they can accept anything

no no no it's okay you see because cenk has an armenian co-host

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

I didn't vote because I was disenfranchised by an arcane selection process that occurred while I was at work.

I voted for Kasich. :smith: Looking forward to voting for Hillary soon!

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Hillary is a underrated orator.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Ok

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

LionYeti posted:

I'm a huge Hillary supporter but she really is not a good speaker.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Ogmius815 posted:

I don't think this is exactly true-- she came across that way in 2008 because she was up against Barack Obama, but she's really quite a decent speaker. I think when she gets on a topic she feels really and truly passionate about is when she shines, partially because her struggle this cycle has been to demonstrate her humanity without coming across as "weak" or "shrill."

Debates, now, she's stellar at.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/BenHowe/status/740379362445393924

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Posting from the right side of history

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm already perma-toxxed against Donald Trump, but I'll just make it official and REGULAR TOXX for Hillary Rodham Clinton.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Ogmius815 posted:

Obama's Kershaw and Hillary is like Jeff Samardzija. Both are good big leaguers but one is on a whole different level.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I thought she would win California, but if she pulls off even a 10 point win, it's gonna be a really big momentum boost.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Maybe it was

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DemeaninDemon posted:

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
ROD HAM

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Trump is the Manchurian Candidate

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LionYeti posted:

She's getting better.

Can someone tell me what that excitement we saw at her rally last night is justified by in her record that I as a progressive should get excited about? I'm 100% going to vote for her but I don't get it...

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

mcmagic posted:

Can someone tell me what that excitement we saw at her rally last night is justified by in her record that I as a progressive should get excited about? I'm 100% going to vote for her but I don't get it...

If there's a position Bernie supported in Congress, there's a 94% (or whatever) chance that Hillary supported it too if it occurred during her tenure.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

computer parts posted:

If there's a position Bernie supported in Congress, there's a 94% (or whatever) chance that Hillary supported it too if it occurred during her tenure.

except gun control. shes more progressive than him on that

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

computer parts posted:

That is from the selective set of bills that came before congress though. What issue am I supposed to feel better about her position than his?

Al! posted:

except gun control. shes more progressive than him on that

Maybe this? Though they both are on board with what Obama has proposed.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

mcmagic posted:

That is from the selective set of bills that came before congress though. What issue am I supposed to feel better about her position than his?

Why can't you be excited for both? Do you have a rare and precious excitement gem that you can only give to one candidate? Did Sanders bern your cherry?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Necc0 posted:

Why can't you be excited for both? Do you have a rare and precious excitement gem that you can only give to one candidate? Did Sanders bern your cherry?

No. I can get excited for multiple candidates. It's just that Hillary Clinton isn't one of them. This is about her specifically.

tabris
Feb 17, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
:toxx: me for YAAAS QUEEN.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

mcmagic posted:

She's getting better.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

mcmagic posted:

She's getting better.

mcmagic, I just wanna check- you do know this is a toxx thread, right? You're toxxed for her now.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

mcmagic, I just wanna check- you do know this is a toxx thread, right? You're toxxed for her now.

The best part about toxx threads.

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx
Add my :toxx: to the list of late comers who know the H-Dawg is gonna drop-kick Trump through the glass ceiling

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

:toxx: also the one thing people aren't banking on is that open misogyny is still far more widely accepted than open racism, so Clinton will have a far more difficult time than Obama.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Goatman Sacks posted:

:toxx: also the one thing people aren't banking on is that open misogyny is still far more widely accepted than open racism, so Clinton will have a far more difficult time than Obama.

You're not wrong but you're forgetting that while in day to day life it's much more accepted to be misogynist than racist, in elections women are a major key vote that you literally cannot win without. So while Trump may be able to be more openly hateful than Romney and McCain was, he'll do so at the cost of further angering a demographic he already does poorly with and he absolutely can't afford to lose.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah, blacks are still a minority, demographically. Women are a majority of voters.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Crosspostingquoting

:smith:

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

A Winner is Jew posted:

Crosspostingquoting

:smith:

lol beriebros don't exist

e: forgot this was the toxx thread, oh well #imwithher :toxx:

sexy fucking muskrat has issued a correction as of 19:01 on Jun 8, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
When I phonebanked for Hillary, it was 100% women volunteering.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

When I phonebanked for Hillary, it was 100% women volunteering.

Weirdly enough, when I phonebanked for her it was only older women and younger men (like me). I think there was only one woman my age there (because her mother brought her), and none of the men seemed like they were past 35.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
It's weird to me how many of Trump's supporters desire to feel safe. I mean, that's not how the world works. We're the United States of America, we're the most powerful country that exists. Of course groups are going to take shots at us. If you want a safe existence move somewhere else.

• Locked thread