Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was also made into one of the animated movies, Justice League Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

What's the one where he has an empty box with the Wonder Woman logo on it, because "Wonder Woman doesn't have a Kryptonite"?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Tower of Babel isn't actually Batman himself using his countermeasures though.

Wasn't there another story where Wonder Woman does it because of some prophecy of how the League will die if they face the villain so she wants to do it on her own?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

It was also made into one of the animated movies, Justice League Doom.

Ignore this and read the comic. The movie wasn't the worst animated film but it doesn't hold a candle to the original.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gaz-L posted:

Wasn't there another story where Wonder Woman does it because of some prophecy of how the League will die if they face the villain so she wants to do it on her own?

Yeah, that's Wonder Woman: A League Of One.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Madkal posted:

Ignore this and read the comic. The movie wasn't the worst animated film but it doesn't hold a candle to the original.

Oh yeah, definitely don't watch the movie instead of the comic or anything.

It really only uses the premise of "someone steals Batman's Prima Official Justice League Strategy Guide" and changes the reason, roster, and some of the methods.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Gaz-L posted:

I'm honestly unsure if you're joking, but it was. Like it's one of the more well-known Justice League stories, by Mark Waid.

The idea also got used at the start of Snyder's Endgame, and in the Brave and the Bold episode that happened to be on TV while I was writing this.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The idea also got used at the start of Snyder's Endgame

That was terrible, though

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Speaking of that - I remember a panel of Batman being a badass by telling Martian Manhunter that Superman "took ten thousand dollars worth of meteorite, but for you I just need one match" and it makes me wonder how the hell J'onzz Bon J'ovi survived the Silver Age with the rampant cigarette smoking, especially when posing as a detective.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Travis343 posted:

That was terrible, though

Yeah, it wasn't great. Point being it's an idea that's popped up a lot of times, especially since Tower of Babel.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Ghostlight posted:

Speaking of that - I remember a panel of Batman being a badass by telling Martian Manhunter that Superman "took ten thousand dollars worth of meteorite, but for you I just need one match" and it makes me wonder how the hell J'onzz Bon J'ovi survived the Silver Age with the rampant cigarette smoking, especially when posing as a detective.

New Frontier, some of the best comics ever.

From one of the best animated adaptations ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s4knWZ6yVs

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

prefect posted:

Amazing Alfred panels.

I know it was last page, but the second Alfred scene is too great not to post.

Gavok posted:

Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Five #22

Alfred proves to be the loving man.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Travis343 posted:

What's the one where he has an empty box with the Wonder Woman logo on it, because "Wonder Woman doesn't have a Kryptonite"?

Isnt her kryptonite really dumb though like "Weld her bracers together"?!? or "Tie her up with her own lasso"?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SynthOrange posted:

Isnt her kryptonite really dumb though like "Weld her bracers together"?!? or "Tie her up with her own lasso"?

In Tower it was make her think she is fighting until her body gives up.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

I don't think bondage has been a depowering thing for Wonder Woman for decades.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I think the best idea for a weakness is something that got explored in Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia; Wonder Woman is from an ancient civilization where certain mores were literally enforced by the gods, and if you dig in and do your research, you can find a way to bar her from acting against you.

Like, just as a top-line idea, get her to offer you bread and drink (like, say, at a fundraiser) and you've suddenly got a viable hideout, because no less a deity than Zeus himself enforces guest-right.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

In Endgame Batman had somehow gotten a lasso of lies that immobilized her because she was a force of truth? It was dumb.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They released the Injustice trailer just now.

https://www.facebook.com/injusticegame

Based on all the armoring up going on in it, it looks like there's going to be some kind of armor shifting mechanic in the game? Or possibly the style mechanic from Mortal Kombat depicted as armor I guess.

The only new character in the trailer is Supergirl.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

For people who don't get their gaming news from Facebook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRwNlsUR7-o

Now I'm going to be on the edge of my seat until Bane is confirmed.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 8, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm thinking maybe some kind of super mode, like the V trigger or whatever it's called in Street Fighter 5?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well that was way off.

Someone posted this in Games. He didn't include the source, 'cause Xbox thread:

quote:

But we didn’t want to stop there. At NetherRealm, we always want to make games that are fun, challenging and innovative. We strive to give players a level of control that makes playing our games a truly personal experience. For that reason, we have introduced a brand new Gear System, allowing players to build their own version of Superman, their Batman and ultimately, their Injustice Universe.

The Gear System uses RPG-like mechanics to reward you with loot drops every time you play the game. With each loot drop, you will earn character-specific gear to outfit and power up your roster – changing not only the look of each character, but your fight strategy and your personal approach to every match. As you gear up your characters, you’re building a roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains that reflects your choices, and your preferences, which can be vastly different than your opponents. A few play sessions in, you can expect your Aquaman to look and play different than anyone else’s Aquaman you may come across.

Edit: Looks like that's from the Playstation Blog:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/08/injustice-2-revealed-coming-to-ps4-in-2017/

Doesn't say much else, besides that it's a indeed direct story sequel.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 8, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"Your Aquaman will be different from anyone else's.... until the game's datamined to find the best gear combo, then everyone will use that"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Apparently the new characters will include Supergirl, Atrocitus and Grodd. Coincidentally, none of them have been touched on in the prequel comic. That's actually kind of impressive.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's weird, people kinda wanted Atrocitus to be in the last one because that was when the character was at the height of his popularity, but I don't think anyone gives a poo poo about Red Lanterns anymore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gavok posted:

Apparently the new characters will include Supergirl, Atrocitus and Grodd. Coincidentally, none of them have been touched on in the prequel comic. That's actually kind of impressive.

They can bring in pretty much anyone though, since they always have the regular non-Injustice universe to import characters from.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

They can bring in pretty much anyone though, since they always have the regular non-Injustice universe to import characters from.

Yeah, Green Arrow was loving dead in the Injustice universe and he was still playable.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Someone grabbed this screencap from the trailer. That tiny text says Central City so, uh, playable Captain Cold?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mover posted:

Someone grabbed this screencap from the trailer. That tiny text says Central City so, uh, playable Captain Cold?

I think that's a sonogram. Who's pregnant?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Mover posted:

The tiny text explicitly says "Leonard Snart, alias: Captain Cold".

I hope they cast Wentworth Miller.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People are already flipping out about the customization, as if that won't be an option you can disable for competitive play.

prefect posted:

I think that's a sonogram. Who's pregnant?

Maybe Injustice Black Canary's baby was a gun.

That kid really didn't take after its father I guess.

Phylodox posted:

The tiny text explicitly says "Leonard Snart, alias: Captain Cold".

I hope they cast Wentworth Miller.

Speaking of, Katie Cassidy has actually posted a few photos of her in a capture rig and said she's working on a video game.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jun 8, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They might just do it for alternate costumes, seeing as that's what they did for Amell for the first game.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

It's weird, people kinda wanted Atrocitus to be in the last one because that was when the character was at the height of his popularity, but I don't think anyone gives a poo poo about Red Lanterns anymore.

Funny thing is that a while back I did a list article about characters they should put in Injustice 2. I said that they should use Bleez because the game needs a Red Lantern and not only does she fill another female spot on the roster, but she's a scantily-clad cheesecake character and fighting games love those.

Then Mortal Kombat X came out and Netherrealm Studios was shockingly progressive enough to have all the women wear pants and not look like ridiculous T&A caricatures, so *shrug*.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think a lot of older school game devs are quietly realizing this isn't the mid-90s anymore due to all the noise that's been made about progressivism in video games these past 3-4 years. It's neat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's always the 90s in Outworld.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

It's always the 90s in Outworld.

Untrue, Kotal Khan has a distinct lack of Ray-Bans and pouches.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

I think a lot of older school game devs are quietly realizing this isn't the mid-90s anymore due to all the noise that's been made about progressivism in video games these past 3-4 years. It's neat.

The differences between the two big fighter franchises was pretty jarring.

NetherRealm: "Okay, we may have gone overboard making all the women in the last game look like strippers and for having an unlockable outfit where Mileena wears a couple strands of toilet paper. We've learned from that and now all of our female fighters wear respectable outfits. In fact, the main heroes of our new game will be very diverse and we'll even have a gay dude tossed in there."

Capcom: "Hey, who wants to see the inside of R. Mika's anus?!"

By the way, Lurdiak, you should be jazzed about the new Injustice because it means that Harley's ending from the first game probably isn't canon.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Did I voice particularly strong contempt for that ending? They're all kinda bad. My main problem with Injustice Harley was that the trailers strongly implied she was a redeemed hero who had an active role in the story but all she did was get slapped around by Joker as usual. You don't even get to play as her in story mode!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think any of the arcade endings would be canon.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What became of that whole THE JOKER'S TRUE IDENTITY WILL BE REVEALED!!! that happened a while back? Who is he really for sure this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

site posted:

What became of that whole THE JOKER'S TRUE IDENTITY WILL BE REVEALED!!! that happened a while back? Who is he really for sure this time?

There are three of them, possibly because of Jonathan Osterman.