Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

panda clue posted:

also thanks for buffing the build yet again, GGG!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1676133

I didn't realize Discharge had a target limit...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

whypick1 posted:

I didn't realize Discharge had a target limit...

It's an exception to the rule of AoE skills hitting all targets inside their area. Of course, no one knows WHY it's the exception.

That's really fantastic news for self-cast or non-CoC discharge though, the target limit is a significant clear speed inhibitor.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Not sure if this is legit or not, but some dude just found the silliest Ventor's I've ever seen on softcore:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

nightwisher posted:

That's really fantastic news for self-cast or non-CoC discharge though, the target limit is a significant clear speed inhibitor.

yea, I had resigned myself to being forced to use prolif when clearing for it to not feel like piss in large density packs. The change is great.

In other hilarious news, reddit is absolutely melting down over GGG buffing discharge and nerfing shield charge in the same patch.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
The shield charge nerf is warranted IMO, the aoe scaling was ridiculous. Damage nerf sucks, don't think it needed it really. Also the Discharge buff mostly affects selfcasting and provides much less to the actual broken part of it, that it can be linked to CoC and have an engine created around it that propels it straight into broken as gently caress territory.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

J posted:

How are y'all discharge juggernaut dudes holding up in reflect maps?

in theory, prolif gem + rotp + purity of fire. in practice, swap discharge gem for RF, equip rotp, run through the map and accept a slightly slower speed if rerolling isnt an option

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Bugsy posted:

Boooooooo.

And after watching ziggy play vortex I now have zero desire to ever play it.

Can you elaborate for someone who recently picked the build up and has watched some of his videos?

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
The thing is, the discharge change does almost nothing for CoC builds; it is strictly a quality of life buff for self-cast discharge. I don't think discharge itself is op, but I do think the interaction between it and CoC pushes it there.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I ran the lab once more with two keys and got ~8 blue jewels and a bunch of poo poo rares

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Mystery Prize posted:

The thing is, the discharge change does almost nothing for CoC builds; it is strictly a quality of life buff for self-cast discharge.

If you try to explain this to anyone on the official forums or reddit you will be shot.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Mystery Prize posted:

The thing is, the discharge change does almost nothing for CoC builds; it is strictly a quality of life buff for self-cast discharge. I don't think discharge itself is op, but I do think the interaction between it and CoC pushes it there.

If I were to venture a guess, I'd say this might be a precursor to CoC being nerfed. Which is something Reddit has been begging for for months, so them moaning about this balance change is silly.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
the official forums reaction to the shield charge nerf:

https://i.imgur.com/rfFWukr.gifv

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Chris Wilson in a reddit saltmine posted:

Discharge was made consistent with other large AoE skills. Perhaps it does too much damage, but at least its behaviour is correct now. The problem with Discharge is CoC, which is receiving some love in 2.4.0 <3

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Zotix posted:

Can you elaborate for someone who recently picked the build up and has watched some of his videos?

Yeah, I'm curious about it too. Ziggy's videos made degen vortex seem pretty cool.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I cant find the fucker for Day of Sacrifice part 1.
Wiki says "Vaal Ruins" which would be the act 2 zone by that name, but ive reset it 10 times without the prophecy showing up, and cleared it 5 times blind and still nothing...

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Wiki says "Vaal Ruins" which would be the act 2 zone by that name, but ive reset it 10 times without the prophecy showing up, and cleared it 5 times blind and still nothing...

I got it in a random vaal side area.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Best thing about poe.trade going down was that I found out exiletra.de existed.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Yeah that was a bitch to clear out, I found it in Vaal Ruins. This mob hunt prophecy type doesn't show up on the quest tracker. Just run through it until you find a Vaal Fallen (melee mob, holds a 2-hander). It's a pain at normal difficulty mob densities.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

What are some uniques I could get for levelling if I'm doing a Blade Vortex build?

Longbike
Sep 7, 2011

Cheap Trick posted:

What are some uniques I could get for levelling if I'm doing a Blade Vortex build?

Cybil's paw is great, though you can't equip it until near the end of normal. Pretty sure I used that, some random spell damage shield and a stone of lazwhar to just waltz through most of the game last league.

Come to think of it, two Cybil's would probably have been even better than one and a shield.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Okay I have to share this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbKqdZGfSJs

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Phobophilia posted:

Yeah that was a bitch to clear out, I found it in Vaal Ruins. This mob hunt prophecy type doesn't show up on the quest tracker. Just run through it until you find a Vaal Fallen (melee mob, holds a 2-hander). It's a pain at normal difficulty mob densities.

Ok, just ran into him in a leftover desert map that happened to spawn vaal-type enemies.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've decided to do a Pathfinder for my next character, which is a chaos damage kb person. Planning on using double obliterators, double mings.

I probably want flask stuff on my belt, right? And I'm presuming several utility flasks to take advantage of all the flask goodies to hopefully have 100% uptime.

I've never done a flask build before.

J
Jun 10, 2001

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Does that count as +4 for discharge? Yikes

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

voltron lion force posted:

Does that count as +4 for discharge? Yikes

Yep.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Panda: this instead of doryani's and a kaom's chest?

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Longbike posted:

Cybil's paw is great, though you can't equip it until near the end of normal. Pretty sure I used that, some random spell damage shield and a stone of lazwhar to just waltz through most of the game last league.

Come to think of it, two Cybil's would probably have been even better than one and a shield.

Oh drat, that claw looks the business. Thanks for the tips.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Holy poo poo the Blackheart upgrade ring! http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voidheart. Pretty sure this will be way better than Ming's Heart if you don't have an Atziri's Disfavour for my poisonquake build.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Poison and bleeding? drat, that's actually pretty sweet.

OneTymChampion
Mar 3, 2003
Can I get an invite? Ingame is tigerbelly.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Vasudus posted:

I've decided to do a Pathfinder for my next character, which is a chaos damage kb person. Planning on using double obliterators, double mings.

I probably want flask stuff on my belt, right? And I'm presuming several utility flasks to take advantage of all the flask goodies to hopefully have 100% uptime.

I've never done a flask build before.

I did this. Its blood awesome. It takes time before KB is better than bladefall though. Lvl 70ish.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

soscannonballs posted:

Holy poo poo the Blackheart upgrade ring! http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voidheart. Pretty sure this will be way better than Ming's Heart if you don't have an Atziri's Disfavour for my poisonquake build.

That's actually probably the poo poo for my current build too although it means I lose an endurance charge. I'm also gonna have to make up a shitton of resists... somewhere if I keep throwing in more uniques.

I guess I've got belt, boots, shield & head, plus the 15% all from chest. That's doable.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
KB Obliterate is indeed beautiful for clearing, it feels like my old ice shot HoA proliferator. However, something about it really doesn't interact well with my computer: I'm getting awful framerate drops from the popcorning all over my screen (which certainly doesn't help with general stutteriness in 2.3).

So basically, if a rare or a unique mob shows up by itself without any retinue to explode on their face, I'm in a bad position: I can't reliably land a good frost wall or a wither totem on top of them at 30 freaking fps.

Also, I'm seriously having a hard time trying to sustain my KB on mana, I think I really need to get the boot enchant.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The last time I did KB I went with ghost reaver, eldritch battery and a LGoH gem. Reserved 100% mana, had enough leech to keep KB going forever, and LGoH had stupid levels of healing.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Not that i need it, but nonetheless: I killed the loving big bird 3 times now while holding the screaming eagle in hand, still the prophecy wont go off.
Do i need to kill map-big bird instead of aqueduct-big bird?

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.

Phobophilia posted:

So basically, if a rare or a unique mob shows up by itself without any retinue to explode on their face, I'm in a bad position: I can't reliably land a good frost wall or a wither totem on top of them at 30 freaking fps.

I switched over to using a spell totem + frost wall + faster casting. The loss of wither damage/slow is way made up for by not having to deal with missing my walls. It's ok right now in low yellow maps, but my damage really does feel like it's tapering off at this point and I'm worried that the next obvious damage upgrades are getting chaos enchants on jewelry. I don't know if I'll bother though.

But drat that clear speed, especially in tightly walled maps.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Not that i need it, but nonetheless: I killed the loving big bird 3 times now while holding the screaming eagle in hand, still the prophecy wont go off.

Are you in the correct difficulty?

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

theshim posted:

By the way, for any of us thinking of running discharge juggernaut, is there a good leveling build or guide out there? Would like to do it, but it does not sound like the type of build to level with.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1666930

This is a pretty cheap build to start with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Did you put any gems in the screaming eagle? I've heard those upgrade prophecies don't work right if the item in question has gems in it.

• Locked thread