Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I feel like the random brawl would be a LOT more fun if it gave you a random character at the start of the round and then stuck you with them for the duration. As it is, it just feels like a disjointed mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i got a sweet as heck pentakill quintuple kill with my tire this evening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW_KuhHBnBI

i've started to only play like one or two games a night now but when the games are this fun, it's a good time

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Had a pretty amazing game I stumbled on while solo queuing tonight. Everyone was Reinhardt. Both teams. 12 Reinhardts swinging their hammers, yelling HAMMER DOWN constantly, and suiciding off the edge of Numbani. It was pretty amazing.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'm heartbroken I didn't get :potg: for using Mei's ultimate to freeze the entire enemy team right before they could contest our KOTH point at the very end in this week's brawl.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I just want to play Reinhardt like I'm a Space Marine in Warhammer, but everyone wants to me shield or some poo poo idgi.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

PureRok posted:

I just want to play Reinhardt like I'm a Space Marine in Warhammer, but everyone wants to me shield or some poo poo idgi.

I'm just going to start doing that. Who needs shields when you have faith?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

They should give Reinhardt a rear view mirror when he shields.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Papercut posted:

I feel like the random brawl would be a LOT more fun if it gave you a random character at the start of the round and then stuck you with them for the duration. As it is, it just feels like a disjointed mess.

It'd be better so the randomizer could at least make an even amount of healers. One team having two Lucio on KOTH with the other having a Symmetra is not that fun.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
The most hilarious POTG I've seen yet was a 6k where zarya dropped a black hole, mei dropped a blizzard at the same time, everyone was caught in one or both, then pharah used her rocket barrage, the reaper ran in and death blossomed, and at the end you see a riptire going in with nothing left to kill.

Thor-Stryker posted:

It'd be better so the randomizer could at least make an even amount of healers. One team having two Lucio on KOTH with the other having a Symmetra is not that fun.

And we won.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Thor-Stryker posted:

Or the defending team getting Mercy three times in a row, and your team gets two symetras and back to back zenyattas.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJi3ddhwESI

Soldier 76 is really fun, feels like there's a lot of room to grow with this guy.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Thor-Stryker posted:

And it switching every death makes it impossible for the losing team to build ult, so it just turns into the world's biggest snowball. I was all excited because I thought random hero would give me a chance to practice with some of the characters I never use, but it's not good for that at all.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Tom Gorman posted:

Well holy gently caress. I've been the worst McCree since launch. I'd pick him occasionally and would just be a detriment to my team. I sucked. Turns out because I was aiming for the head with Fan the Hammer and that poo poo can't even land headshots apparently.

Started aiming for the meat and pulling down like an AK in counterstrike and killed 26 people in a round.

literally same

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
melee cancelling reloads doesn't actually let you shoot more, right? it's just a way to sneak a melee attack in?

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Do brawls count toward your stats?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Zorodius posted:

melee cancelling reloads doesn't actually let you shoot more, right? it's just a way to sneak a melee attack in?

reload cancelling is so you can start shooting faster in all games forever

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Zorodius posted:

It's a noticeable increase in speed for Reaper.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yeah its a boost for Reaper, but I don't think anyone else gets anything other than possibly the smallest boost from it (aside from the free 30 damage)

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Tequila Sunrise posted:

It's a noticeable increase in speed for Reaper.

wrongo. the melee reload-cancel nonsense lets you pull out new guns faster but you cant actually shoot them until almost the same amount of time as a normal reload has passed.
https://gfycat.com/HappyQuickAardwolf

slowing it down, melee-cancelling your reload lets you shoot a whole 2 frames faster, which probably won't matter in the slightest during a game. the only benefit is that you get to punch and have fresh guns ready if that doesnt finish someone off.
https://gfycat.com/RichHoarseIbex

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

red plastic cup posted:

wrongo. the melee reload-cancel nonsense lets you pull out new guns faster but you cant actually shoot them until almost the same amount of time as a normal reload has passed.
https://gfycat.com/HappyQuickAardwolf

slowing it down, melee-cancelling your reload lets you shoot a whole 2 frames faster, which probably won't matter in the slightest during a game. the only benefit is that you get to punch and have fresh guns ready if that doesnt finish someone off.
https://gfycat.com/RichHoarseIbex

2 frames faster is essentially an extra 45 minutes to shoot someone because TICK RATE

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i plan on playing this game for a long time if 2-3 balance things are taken care of and no awful ones crop up, so those 2 frames could add up to thousands or even millions of frames over the course of my life. that matters man

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
Is there any good way of dealing with a Junkrat who's gotten himself wedged in somewhere tight? He's probably the hero that makes me the maddest because he's a huge headache for mobile glass-cannon type characters like the ones I usually play, getting in close range with him is suicide and he keeps you on your toes even at medium range, he dominates enclosed spaces, and the most effective counters to him are characters I hate and am bad at and would prefer never playing (namely Widowmaker). Are there any effective ways of shutting him down that I'm overlooking or is being a pain in the rear end just his thing?

e: Well I mean other than McCree, I already play McCree way more than anybody else as it is and sometimes I just want to shake things up a bit and play Tracer okay

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 8, 2016

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Random mode was weird tonight. Four times out of five it gave us our chosen starting characters. It gave my friend his least favorite character Zarya every other death. And at least twice on king of the hill our opponents got three tanks, a mercy and a lucio. The second time it happened, on ilios lighthouse, it gave us three widowmakers just before overtime. Fun.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Well he's a projectile character, which means if you aren't running into rollers all day (his grenades stay active when they're on the ground, unlike the TF2 demoman, in case you didn't know) then he has to land directs to deal any notable damage to you. This is generally quite difficult against the Offensive heroes since they're small and have movement tools. Take advantage of this by trying to duel him at a range where you're comfortable tracking him with a hitscan weapon but also comfortable dodging his spam. If he has the high ground you need to either hope your team takes care of him or get the high ground yourself, and if he's spamming around a corner you probably just need to ignore him for the time being as a 200 HP hero.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Tequila Sunrise posted:

2 frames faster is essentially an extra 45 minutes to shoot someone because TICK RATE

you need to turn in your av and gangtag now for being wrong on line

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Be genji and reflect his grenades into his face

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Countblanc posted:

(his grenades stay active when they're on the ground, unlike the TF2 demoman, in case you didn't know)

I actually hadn't realized that, or at least I never consciously thought about it and realized it worked different from Demo grenades, so it could be that I'm trying to fight him like I would fight a Demoman and that's leading me to walk into grenades on their second bounce thinking that they're safe. I'll have to keep that in mind.

I can generally outduel him if conditions are favorable, but every now and then I run into a situation where there just isn't really anything I can do about him--like if he's spamming up the objective so I can't get near it or he's in some narrow hallway where there's no room to dodge and I can't get around him--and for some reason that drives me up the wall more than any other character in the game when they're in their element.

That and his loving traps, they're the worst and I really hate that they do such a huge chunk of damage when you activate them, just to add yet another way Junkrat can accidentally finish you off even after you've killed him.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jun 8, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Game is still very much fun.

https://giant.gfycat.com/PassionateAromaticKookaburra.webm

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Opposing Farce posted:

Is there any good way of dealing with a Junkrat who's gotten himself wedged in somewhere tight? He's probably the hero that makes me the maddest because he's a huge headache for mobile glass-cannon type characters like the ones I usually play, getting in close range with him is suicide and he keeps you on your toes even at medium range, he dominates enclosed spaces, and the most effective counters to him are characters I hate and am bad at and would prefer never playing (namely Widowmaker). Are there any effective ways of shutting him down that I'm overlooking or is being a pain in the rear end just his thing?

e: Well I mean other than McCree, I already play McCree way more than anybody else as it is and sometimes I just want to shake things up a bit and play Tracer okay

Tracers always gently caress me up as Junkrat.

Jejoma
Nov 5, 2008
Did matchmaking get altered in an update? Either that or I just got matched up 15 straight games with people way better than my group who also happened to be the most vapid, piss guzzling poo poo talkers I've encountered so far.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Big shout out to TheBaron and everyone else in our group who recorded my drunken D.va antics. :v:

https://youtu.be/xtbfwybHAmQ

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

red plastic cup posted:

you need to turn in your av and gangtag now for being wrong on line

You can pry it from my cold, dead, but constantly regenerating hands.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I really like playing, but every time I launch this game I end up quitting feeling lovely because I just got stomped five times in a row. I don't understand why the game does this to me.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
Had a Symmetra POTG. And it wasn't one of those "watch Symmetra walk around doing nothing while kills pop up on screen". I mean, sure, I got one kill from my turrets, but what you saw was me first beaming a Genji to death, then a Soldier: 76 before it faded to me chasing after a Roadhog, beam locked on, with him desperately trying to get away from me. Watching Symmetra chasing after tanks is always good for a laugh.

A friend got a POTG a couple of rounds later as Torb. He was dead, so it was just the camera crammed into a corner next to his turret while it killed two people (but you couldn't actually see anything due to aforementioned corner-cramming), before he respawned and stood around doing nothing for five seconds.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So are the people at level 100+ just playing non-stop since launch or what?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Opposing Farce posted:

winston so long as you don't get caught on the bear trap. you can jump right in his face and tank his damage and he doesn't have enough health to survive the lightning gun that long

obviously a mccree or reaper will utter ruin junkrat's day if you get close enough. hanzo and widow murder him at long range and soldier can win that fight at any range at all. he doesn't have a hard counter since he's pretty easy to kill and requires better aim than most due to the nature of his primary. hell, you can just walk up to a junkrate as reinhardt and hold the shield up until the trap disappears. zarya can use her shield, too

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Opposing Farce posted:

Playing as Junkrat, even a mediocre Pharah will shut me down. A well-played Reaper or Tracer is also a problem. I actually have less trouble against McCree than with other heroes, because I can stay out of line of sight and bounce grenades around corners and down hallways at him (plus the grenade hit + point blank mine combo actually kills him as fast as he can kill me).

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Back Hack posted:

Big shout out to TheBaron and everyone else in our group who recorded my drunken D.va antics. :v:

https://youtu.be/xtbfwybHAmQ

A great goon made :potg: if there ever was one.

:thurman:

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Verranicus posted:

So are the people at level 100+ just playing non-stop since launch or what?

The über nerd seems to be this guy:
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/GamerSuiteTv-2234

Level 222 with 198 hours of playtime and AFAIK that only counts the games itself so there's a few dozen hours of waiting etc. on top of that... according to my calculations, it's been 367 hours since launch.
Of course, could be several people on one account. Also, he's "that guy", aka the Hanzo/McCree with 43-44 % winrate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

When was the last time (in beta) that new maps were patched to the game?