Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Skip My Posts posted:

he's a coward for sure. man can't even drink a beer

would a coward make up a story for livejournal about how he owned a fuckin' pig????? i think not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Josuke Higashikata posted:

would a coward make up a story for livejournal about how he owned a fuckin' pig????? i think not!

Between this guy and that guy, there was also this guy: a mustacheod man's man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51C4VxzK-WM

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jun 7, 2016

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Don't know if this story is true or not, but it's worth it for the screen shot all the same

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cm-punks-first-ufc-fight-163324729.html

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Punk might as well retire now that fate has robbed us of the ultimate Punk v Slice dream match

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
What do we actually know about his smoker fights? I only heard of one like a year ago and I thought he won.

Although winning a smoker is about as prestigious as...gently caress all

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

DannoMack posted:

cm punk probably has a growth mindset like most people who excel in a given field

Most of his growths are on his lower back

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Golden Bee posted:

Most of his growths are on his lower back

Hmmmmm let's check the tape on that one...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wwe will probably try way too hard to get mickey gall to do an appearance for them if he beats cm punk

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I just want CM Punk to fight the loving green ranger, is that too much to ask?

JDF would just be another USADA victim.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JOHN CENA posted:

wwe will probably try way too hard to get mickey gall to do an appearance for them if he beats cm punk

They'll have Jericho beat Mickey Gall in a match just because they can't fire Punk twice.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

coconono posted:

They'll have Jericho beat Mickey Gall in a match just because they can't fire Punk twice.

poo poo they could barely fire Patrice O'Neil once.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Helwani says the current plan is UFC 203 for Punk/Gall (Sept 10)

Cleveland having a fun year

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A 15 year old ankle injury is due to rear its head in 5... 4... 3...

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

Hmmmmm let's check the tape on that one...

You make the call!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Captain Log posted:

What do we actually know about his smoker fights? I only heard of one like a year ago and I thought he won.

Although winning a smoker is about as prestigious as...gently caress all

i don't know what smoker fights are, but i remember hearing about his practice fights where he had about twenty and they said he maybe won one of them.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Smoker fights are the practice fights yeah

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

i don't know what smoker fights are, but i remember hearing about his practice fights where he had about twenty and they said he maybe won one of them.

Smokers are unofficial things where your gym brings in people to spar hard with you like an actual fight, oftentimes while a bunch of people crowd around the cage to cheer on and some people judge the fight in the event it should go to a decision. The idea is it helps you get a feel of where you are at on a competitive level and helps you understand what it's like to be in an actual fight, if you haven't yet. I don't know how effective they are at accomplishing these goals and hard sparring often has very bad consequences in terms of unnecessary damage and risk of injury, but that's what they are and it probably is not a great sign he's 1/20, and it's also probably bad that he's had in the neighborhood of 20 at a gym like Roufusport that is already known for going too hard and having a gym bully problem.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So he gets to hang around in the gym all day, collect free healthcare and have fake fights with his buddies in front of a crowd of screaming people? I can't imagine he ever wants to actually fight, he must be having the time of his life. It's like kids space camp but for MMA-loving ex-pro wrestlers.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

BGrifter posted:

So he gets to hang around in the gym all day, collect free healthcare and have fake fights with his buddies in front of a crowd of screaming people? I can't imagine he ever wants to actually fight, he must be having the time of his life. It's like kids space camp but for MMA-loving ex-pro wrestlers.

Minus the part where he's reportedly losing fights and getting the poo poo kicked out of him roughly 95% of the time, sure I guess

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

BGrifter posted:

He's probably getting beat up a lot more training at Roufusport than he would if he just took a fight and then trained at a non-idiot gym.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
If CM Punk had a dad like Sage's then maybe he'd be ready by now.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bluedeanie posted:

Minus the part where he's reportedly losing fights and getting the poo poo kicked out of him roughly 95% of the time, sure I guess

So it's exactly like summer camp then?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Kurohashi posted:

If CM Punk had a dad like Sage's then maybe he'd be ready by now.

What do his knuckles say, Kurohashi?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Getting hit in head for free is not fun.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

1st AD posted:

He's probably getting beat up a lot more training at Roufusport than he would if he just took a fight and then trained at a non-idiot gym.

Absolutely. Talking to some of my friends who still train there, it sounds like they've actually gotten worse in recent years and take it as a sign of weakness if you're not willing to hunt for knockouts in hard sparring sessions.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Yeah it is

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That's not good for your brain.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Tezcatlipoca posted:

That's not good for your brain.

"Fun" isnt the same thing as good for your brain, many fun things are not good for your brain/body and many things that are good for your brain arent fun

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's really going to happen this time. CM Punk will fight in the UFC Octagon.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'd still rather see CM Punk fight Octagon.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Punk got his start in IWA-MS so this is totally normal for him.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
CM Punk should ask for special rules like Muhammad Ali did against Antonio Inoki!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

manyak posted:

"Fun" isnt the same thing as good for your brain, many fun things are not good for your brain/body and many things that are good for your brain arent fun

Despite what you'd be inclined to think, many people in punchsports aren't big fans of being punched

Even Brock has basically said multiple times being punched isn't fun

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

Despite what you'd be inclined to think, many people in punchsports aren't big fans of being punched

it's also an integral part of a sport that lots of people enjoy (this is also called fun) participating in and watching

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Well yeah most people dont enjoy the exact moment that theyre being punched, but all the stuff surrounding that is fun which is why people do it as a hobby (i.e. "for free")

but lol "even Brock", a guy who never did striking most of his life and notably reacts badly to being hit

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Anyway i dont know anything about CM punk but the fact that he decided to do a bizarre MMA fantasy camp instead of getting a real job or doing literally anything else means a) he probably doesnt need the money that badly and b) he probably thinks its fun

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's also an integral part of a sport that lots of people enjoy (this is also called fun) participating in and watching

That wasn't what was originally being argued, I agree with that but he was specifically responding to "getting hit in head for free is not fun"

Audience isn't being hit in head, they're watching it. Difference.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
You don't feel getting punched in the face until afterward because of adrenaline, unless it's right on the nose and even that is more about how it messes up your vision. Try it some time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

manyak posted:

he probably doesnt need the money that badly

He doesn't, he's rich as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

manyak posted:

Anyway i dont know anything about CM punk but the fact that he decided to do a bizarre MMA fantasy camp instead of getting a real job or doing literally anything else means a) he probably doesnt need the money that badly and b) he probably thinks its fun

Then why hasn't he fought anyone?

• Locked thread