Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

how much money should I bet on Brock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outy
Aug 27, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

How much do you hate money?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

All of it.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

$69.420

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

All of the money in your bank account.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

JaySB posted:

I had a buddy who wrestled in WWE and says that they're actually quite strict about their testing for steroids and their no tolerance policy.

"guy who wrestled in WWE" and "Brock Lesnar/Triple H/Randy Orton" are two very different categories as far as testing is concerned. If they don't want to have a guy tested, they can just add him to the permanent payroll, which because they have their HQ in Connecticut, drug testing full-time employees is illegal.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Memento posted:

"guy who wrestled in WWE" and "Brock Lesnar/Triple H/Randy Orton" are two very different categories as far as testing is concerned. If they don't want to have a guy tested, they can just add him to the permanent payroll, which because they have their HQ in Connecticut, drug testing full-time employees is illegal.

Part one is very true. But why would you do part two if your company wide policy is "no steroids" it's not like they have athletic commissions to deal with or sanctioning bodies right?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Dont laugh that's pretty close to word for word from the super samoan himself

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

JaySB posted:

Part one is very true. But why would you do part two if your company wide policy is "no steroids" it's not like they have athletic commissions to deal with or sanctioning bodies right?

Because the company wide policy in WWE is "No steroids unless you make us a gently caress ton of money because we're enormous hypocrites". They're a publicly traded company and as such have appearances to keep up with regards to steroids and concussions, both brought about by lawsuits, but if you're one of a very few protected species', they don't test you at all.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Maybe we can talk more about how the WWE drug tests.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Man, pro wrestling.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Pettis is dropping to featherweight

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Can't wait till he gets beat very badly by Aloe Vera or Holloway.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
pettis was way overrated and now it's going the other way where everyone acts like he sucks terribly

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The problem Anthony Pettis has is that he was competing in the premier division and ransacked a lot of guys but he's on a skid so he sucks now apparently

Curious to see how he does at 145

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
give tony the conor mcgregor at featherweight treatment, marcus brimage, max hollow- oh.

seriously tony i'm not sure a wrestle heavy division is good news for you.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone else TLAℲ?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Pettis is not bad but there's a lot of bad matchups for him at 145. Anybody who can pressure him will give him problems, and while his offense remains stellar he never learned how to move in directions other than backwards and forwards.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

There is no amount of money you shouldn't bet on Brock Lesnar

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

attackmole posted:

This is the only time I've ever heard of a Diaz street fight and can imagine the other dude being the one that started it.

Also, at the time I was pretty sure that they were wrong for curb stomping Mayhem Miller live on TV but hindsight has really improved my view on that one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T_NzErHdngk

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

HEY NONG MAN posted:

nah let's talk about anthony pettis

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I'm personally pretty excited for UFC 200 but not because of any thing brock lesnar will do but because we get to see jon jones kil la man

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I am incredibly excited to see Brock Lesnar fall unconscious to the powerful punches of Handsome(Only Face) Mark Hunt

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Remember when he couldn't make weight for whatever season of TUF and he got really mad about it and threw a tantrum?

"Come on, doc, I can do it!"

"I'm not a doctor, and no."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HEY NONG MAN posted:

they don't until people start asking questions, then some low level dweeb usually gets randomly tested. literally nobody involved in any major programs has been popped for a drug test failure in five years, and that dude failed for synthetic weed.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
INT.DAY

Contestant Jason Guida sitting facing camera in interview room.

JASON GUIDA
"I'm not Gabe Rudiger. I'm not walking out of the house until someone makes me walk out of that house."

CUT TO

Dan Didio posted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also of note is they have a "three strikes" rule where three failures results in a release with a 2 year lock out clause. noted wwe main eventer randy orton failed once, got suspended, failed again pretty soon after, then they changed the rule how suspensions work (they just get taken off house shows), failed again and they said the first time wasnt really a failure, and then they announced a special "recovery clause" where if you take a class they take a strike away and its known as the randy orton rule.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jesus loving Christ way to be completely oblivious.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Dan Didio posted:

Was it him that they pushed into the sauna and then sat against the door trying to get him to make weight?

Rude_Dude
Jun 2, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Was it him that they pushed into the sauna and then sat against the door trying to get him to make weight?

No, that was Gabe Ruediger. Jason Guida didn't even get to do his "Get Into the House" fight because he missed weight.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The comedy of it was that he was overweight by like one pound and had to be stopped during the weight cut by a doctor because of his body shutting down during the cutting process.

Had he been more mindful of what he ate like the day before he would've been fine.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If there was a tv show that comprised solely of Jason Guida getting owned in new and exciting ways, it'd probably break ratings records week in week out.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

JOHN CENA posted:

also of note is they have a "three strikes" rule where three failures results in a release with a 2 year lock out clause. noted wwe main eventer randy orton failed once, got suspended, failed again pretty soon after, then they changed the rule how suspensions work (they just get taken off house shows), failed again and they said the first time wasnt really a failure, and then they announced a special "recovery clause" where if you take a class they take a strike away and its known as the randy orton rule.

Please tell me more about this soap opera you enjoy watching.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fozzy The Bear posted:

tna performed drug testing once in 2009 and 85% of the roster failed so they got rid of the drug testing

wwe actively avoids touring in states that have an athletic commission that still regulates pro wrestling.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

JOHN CENA posted:

tna performed drug testing once in 2009 and 85% of the roster failed so they got rid of the drug testing

wwe actively avoids touring in states that have an athletic commission that still regulates pro wrestling.

How do you know 85% failed? Was it part of that week's script?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Apparently Becky is like totally going out with Johnny right, but Johnny isn't really into Becky so Johnny was handing out with Mary BUT she's Zacky's girlfriend and they were like totally getting married next week live on TV. When Zacky found out, he got like totes mad and threw a tantrum over it and demanded a fight for a belt to settle the beef. Then when the fight happened on a Sunday at 9pm, Joey who used to date Becky ran out and hit Johnny with a chair and helped Zacky win the belt.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

because when congress called for an investigation on performing enhancing drug use and concussions within wwe tna took it upon themselves to also be investigated despite nobody asking them, and their owner went on to perjure herself and promised that their drug testing would be zero tolerance.

quote:

TNA did drug testing several weeks back and wrestlers did fail tests, were told that they had failed tests, and there was no disciplinary action nor suspensions over at least some if not all of the failures. The basic message is people are still doing what they were doing, and there were people concerned after the testing because some knew they would fail. The monitoring of the testing was also said to not be at WWE level, where you have someone watching you and your pants have to be below your knees and shirt above your nipples to make sure you aren't sneaking someone else's urine into the testing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah yeah yeah but did TNA invade WWF on that month's PPV or was this just a bunch of steroid junkies trying to pretend they didn't do steroids off of TV?

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Fozzy The Bear posted:

How do you know 85% failed? Was it part of that week's script?

Yer kinda dumb dude.

Like seriously a better own would be like WHO loving CARES ABOUT YER FAKE GAY SPORT or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Tr33 posted:

Like seriously a better own would be like WHO loving CARES ABOUT YER FAKE GAY SPORT or something.

But I like MMA.

• Locked thread