Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Evil Canadian posted:

Do any of the other legendary skins get special voice lines/animation differences or is that just Wolf Hanzo(he is the only one I have noticed so far)? I almost have enough gold and am looking at 'Nam war looking 76 but if its just the m16 I will pass.

Roadhog, Torbjörn, Junkrat, Mercy, Symmetra, Pharah and Hanzo are to my knowledge the only ones with skins that change some skill visuals and/or voice lines. E: Apparently Zarya's does also.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jun 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Viking Mercy gets "'TIL VALHALLA" for her rez, which is pretty cool.

And Devil/Imp Mercy adds "... for a price" :devil:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Shy posted:

And Devil/Imp Mercy adds "... for a price" :devil:
Fun fact, "'til Valhalla" is the battle cry of the Norwegian Army:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYy7a8Fhb1w

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Welp just saw a reaper inside the wall on point B on temple of Anubis, in the statue coffin, thing specifically, he could shoot out and even did an ult to wipe us off, couldn't touch him

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I'm playing whatever I have the least time in. A really great way to lose a lot and maybe learn- but mostly lose. Here's my Plays of the Game... of the Day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thyjN4I5s18

The symmetra one on volskaya was hilarious. You know how volskaya is a lovely map that hugely favors defense so the attackers always hold back and then push with all the ults at once in one final attempt at victory and the defenders counter with the same? That's exactly what happened and in the ensuing chaos everyone ignored me because I'm just symmetra. Then I got my beam damage maxxed out and all of a sudden I am melting dudes.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Reaper can cheat on the final point of anubis. Teleporting to the top of the statue glitches you into it, you can shoot out and contest the point, the only thing that can hit you is hanzo ult.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gentleman Baller posted:

I'm sick of the game choosing my 5 man Junkrat ult as PotG when I manage to score 5 man kills using trick shots, environmental kills or direct hitting aerial targets. Is it BM to emote after these plays to give them better priority? I've been doing it to a pretty good effect today but I don't want to be a jerk.

always taunt, anybody who gets angry isn't having enough fun anyway

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I finally got to try out Charging D.Va's self-destruct as Reinhardt. Gave D.Va her mech back right in time for it to take her with it :smuggo:.

Lker
Oct 26, 2010
I would like to recommend LW Pine's twitch stream. Though the stream is entirely in Korean, he is exactly that widowmaker that got a Kotaku article. He plays almost all the classes with about as good aim as his sniper, and he has been streaming more regularly (though at Korean local times). Apparently he has a team of sorts too, so expect him to show up in a future pro e-sports event?

Lker fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jun 8, 2016

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Here is the anubis point B wall cheater
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0_AjDFAFK0

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Lker posted:

I would like to recommend LW Pine's twitch stream. Though the stream is entirely in Korean, he is exactly that widowmaker that got a Kotaku article. He plays almost all the classes with about as good aim as his sniper, and he has been streaming more regularly (though at Korean local times). Apparently he has a team of sorts too, so expect him to show up in a future pro e-sports event?

always nice to be reminded I'm a palsied ape with a mouse in comparison to a pro player

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Gotta love Winston. I feel like playing with The Emperor Palpatine while unleashing force lightning and sick slams to all directions

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ihmemies posted:

Gotta love Winston. I feel like playing with The Emperor Palpatine while unleashing force lightning and sick slams to all directions

No joke, I think everytime I switch to Winston I improve my team by a lot.

Being a chaos monkey is hilarious and jumping to people in order to force them to change positions works wonders at my mmr.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Everyone should get cute little widowmaker visors whenever she activates her ultimate (it would also let you know the other team has wallhacks if you missed her callout)

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Everyone should get cute little widowmaker visors whenever she activates her ultimate (it would also let you know the other team has wallhacks if you missed her callout)

I like this a lot. I bet Winston would look great with those visors :laugh: And also, it would be like an icon that blinks on your screen that indicates that you have visors available, you would press some key and then there would be a 1 second break in your actions (apart from running and such) as you put them on.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I think I'm realizing "missed the enemy ultimate callout" is really just a symptom of being deaf or some poo poo because there's inevitably someone who whines "ugh the callouts are so quiet" and is later like "oh I didn't know Reaper was back there" despite the cape-flapping noise of him ghosting in, the boot steps of him running by, the BLAM BLAM BLAM of his shotguns, and so on, all occurring right behind them. I've gotten to the point where I point everything out in plain, clear, loud english over voice comms for everyone - the beeping of the enemy team on the point, the various different footstep sounds, dragons, high noons, recon visors, bastion toots, etc. I think it helps.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

yeah he did this poo poo twice, second time with 10s left on the clock. when he was attacking. gently caress that guy

(I'm asb)

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

FAUXTON posted:

I think I'm realizing "missed the enemy ultimate callout" is really just a symptom of being deaf or some poo poo because there's inevitably someone who whines "ugh the callouts are so quiet" and is later like "oh I didn't know Reaper was back there" despite the cape-flapping noise of him ghosting in, the boot steps of him running by, the BLAM BLAM BLAM of his shotguns, and so on, all occurring right behind them. I've gotten to the point where I point everything out in plain, clear, loud english over voice comms for everyone - the beeping of the enemy team on the point, the various different footstep sounds, dragons, high noons, recon visors, bastion toots, etc. I think it helps.

I'd imagine a lot of people are playing without headphones and/or with something playing in the background.

That said I've never once heard anyone complain about ult callouts being too quiet aside from Widowmaker's.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I listen like a hawk for stuff and I've genuinely never heard Widow's callout when she's on the enemy team. I didn't even know she had one.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
The random character brawl could be fun if ultra wasn't reset after each death and it didn't allow duplicate characters. At the moment you can end up losing based on the game giving your 4 Mercys

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jun 8, 2016

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

yeah he did this poo poo twice, second time with 10s left on the clock. when he was attacking. gently caress that guy

(I'm asb)

Yeah I was not a fan of that guy

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Fans posted:

I listen like a hawk for stuff and I've genuinely never heard Widow's callout when she's on the enemy team. I didn't even know she had one.
Yeah same, I'm literally half deaf and I usually hear everyone else's callouts fine despite it, but now that you mention it I don't think I've ever heard Widow's.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I've been doing some weapons testing, and I've discovered something pretty important about Hanzo's hitboxes: horizontally, they're pretty much identical to everybody else's. Vertically (UP only - not down), they're loving nuts.

This should be right:

We all knew they were crazy, but knowing the exact shape of their crazy is helpful.

SurreptitiousMuffin fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 8, 2016

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Fans posted:

The problem with Widow's callout is that I believe it isn't global, and is relatively quiet. As she's usually the backline of the backline, it's really easy to miss if you're too far away.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Heh, torb's turret is nothing compared to his gun apparently. It does 150dmg with M2 and like 70 with M1. And you can headshot. Also the melee hammer hurts as much as reinhardt's hammer. And you can poo poo armor packs continously everywhere. Good times against pubs.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
honestly the best way to play torb is to pop up a turret somewhere, gather enough scrap to poo poo out like four armor packs, then armor yourself up and rambo yourself into enemy lines and just keep making GBS threads armor back onto yourself

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kanfy posted:

I'd imagine a lot of people are playing without headphones and/or with something playing in the background.

That said I've never once heard anyone complain about ult callouts being too quiet aside from Widowmaker's.

I've heard people say Roadhog's was too quiet before he started shooting, I've heard them say Junkrat's was too quiet, Mei's wasn't loud enough, Soldier's, quite a few. The only one I think I can definitely say I've never heard someone complain about was Pharah's.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

FAUXTON posted:

I've heard people say Roadhog's was too quiet before he started shooting, I've heard them say Junkrat's was too quiet, Mei's wasn't loud enough, Soldier's, quite a few. The only one I think I can definitely say I've never heard someone complain about was Pharah's.

Pharah's is bugged so it never plays the full message

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Roadhog has a fast activation on his ult so being louder really wouldn't change much. Junkrat's is really goddamn loud and the tire makes a ton of noise. Soldier's is really loud too. Mei isn't super loud, but I think more of that is because it isn't in english so your brain skips over it a little easier.

Honestly they should just put an option to have a subtitle pop up on enemy ult activation, which helps hard of hearing people somewhat (they're still missing important directional info), and makes it a ton easier to not miss widowmaker.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hugoon Chavez posted:

No joke, I think everytime I switch to Winston I improve my team by a lot.

Being a chaos monkey is hilarious and jumping to people in order to force them to change positions works wonders at my mmr.

Most pug Widows and Hanzos, even the ones that seem to effortlessly kill your entire team, are really just trash who freak out when that big articulate gorilla leaps up on them. It's great to flip the tables and expose them for the fraud snipers they really are.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Zorodius posted:

Yeah it's weird, all I seem to hear is "Justice rains from aboaaarrugh"

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Yeah I was not a fan of that guy

i was screaming internally while coughing

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Zorodius posted:

"DEATH FROM AB-"

That's usually how it plays for me, even when I'm playing as Pharah.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Fun fact, "'til Valhalla" is the battle cry of the Norwegian Army:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYy7a8Fhb1w

This, and the knowledge of Germany's obsession with Viking lore in the past makes it very amusing to me that the German character gets the Viking outfit.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

WirelessPillow posted:

This, and the knowledge of Germany's obsession with Viking lore in the past makes it very amusing to me that the German character gets the Viking outfit.

but she's Swiss

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Rheinhard is german, mercy is swiss

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

ZypherIM posted:

Honestly they should just put an option to have a subtitle pop up on enemy ult activation, which helps hard of hearing people somewhat (they're still missing important directional info), and makes it a ton easier to not miss widowmaker.
Yes please. As someone who's hearing impaired, the footstep warning thing is useless to me. The lack of general subtitles is literally a killer. :smith:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Most pug Widows and Hanzos, even the ones that seem to effortlessly kill your entire team, are really just trash who freak out when that big articulate gorilla leaps up on them. It's great to flip the tables and expose them for the fraud snipers they really are.

This.... is oddly true. A lot of snipers I've been flanking will not attempt to escape yet I know more then a couple of Widows who had their cooldowns available.
As a matter of thought, I just realized most widows don't even use their gas mine.

Also, lol when D.Va tries to chase you as Widow, just hook shot back to your team and let them wipe her out.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thor-Stryker posted:

This.... is oddly true. A lot of snipers I've been flanking will not attempt to escape yet I know more then a couple of Widows who had their cooldowns available.
As a matter of thought, I just realized most widows don't even use their gas mine.

Also, lol when D.Va tries to chase you as Widow, just hook shot back to your team and let them wipe her out.

You can beat dva with widow if you're more than a few yards away. Just hit her with the gas mine and open up full auto with the rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Nice to see McCree and D.va getting nerfs.