Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
After coming to my senses last night, I have realized that the most important thing in any game is the question 'Am I having fun?' and I have realized the answer to that question up to today was a resounding no. I have attempted to change that and I present to you the USS Gay Pride Parade. Proudly making GBS threads out rainbow fun in all colors of the spectrum with a shower of golden torpedoes to complete the serenade.
The new FUN build

And some action shots. Note, torpedoes may not actually be golden but it's the thought that counts.

I'm sorry for being such a fun hating rear end in a top hat 3 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.

Hooray! Now I can finally fulfill my Tom Selleck role playing fantasies!

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

So the vorgon vorlon ship is a Na'kuhl mock up that didn't make the cut, but was developed and hey gotta use it anyway?

edit: get ready for Risa to be covered in these.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
It's true. This Andorian has no dick.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

18 Character Limit posted:

Those "collar" hoobajoos are just going to encourage the degenerates.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Ladies and gentlegoons, we are going to have our work cut out for us this summer. Godspeed.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

So the vorgon vorlon ship is a Na'kuhl mock up that didn't make the cut, but was developed and hey gotta use it anyway?

The new shirt pattern is... Gorns with boobs?

This is one of those joke things that made it into production by accident, I hope.

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jun 8, 2016

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Good god.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

He is. All the time.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

faxmachine posted:

He is. All the time.

So then why does evil exist, huh? :shepface:

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Roadie posted:

Gotta have something to make him look good right??

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Roadie posted:

No one is reading the in-game reports.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Roadie posted:

Evil... to whom? :smuggo:

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

DancingShade posted:

Evil... to whom? :smuggo:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
For those who can read German, the Vorgon ship stats are up early

http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10004973-werte-des-schiffs-zum-sommerereignis-2016

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Or in English: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10005843-star-trek-online%3A-summer-event-2016-ship-stats

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10006153-star-trek-online%3A-agents-of-yesterday-coming-july-6th

July 6? That is 20 days earlier then I thought. It is also a Wednesday?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

quote:

Agents of Yesterday also brings back iconic characters from Star Trek: The Original Series and introduces classic playable starships, including the infamous Enterprise, Constitution-class ship.

Well, they're not wrong. How many sentient lifeforms did Kirk and co ruthlessly butcher in their 5 year killing spree?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Star Trek Magazine confirms Science Officer 0718 will have VO from Joseph Gatt, his actor from Into Darkness.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 8, 2016

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

The collar to this is labelled 'control' in the tailor, too. The suit can be coloured only in silver to near-black metallic, no shiny pink vinyl or anything. :(

Edit: they added a new hot/cold artifact search minigame that pubbies are terrible at. So many tears in zone chat.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 9, 2016

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

quote:

I'd also like to request that builds not be used as a thinly veiled way to show off a DPS number.
Builds should be fun and about adding character to your ship, captain, crew and STO experience. It's great that you did 100K+ in ISA, but aint nobody got time for that.
Deftesing content in this game is easy, having fun while you so it takes creativity. Focusing on an irrelevant dps min/max number changes the infrormation from "this is fun to fly" to "look how good i am". That latter having no place on this sub imo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/4nbtau/posting_etiquette_for_stobuilds/

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
I despise people who think that 'interesting' and 'effective' in RPGs and MMOs have to be diametrically opposed. It's just the "ROLEplaying not ROLLplaying" bullshit from the AD&D days all over again.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

:lol:, Zen is up to 415 dil

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Soviet Commubot posted:

Won't take long to hit 500. Can't see it going down again.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

DancingShade posted:

At which point doing all the things to grind dilithium every day gets you ... what, 17 cents worth per character, if you have access to a mine? 18 if you're Vet enough?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

DancingShade posted:

Oh man I totally solved this last night. Introduce SWTOR's collection/account unlock system but charge dil for the account unlocks.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Soviet Commubot posted:

Cryptic has literally no reason to fix it too. It encourages people to buy dilithium (since you get a good return for the dollar) and discourages people trading it for zen (so indirectly encouraging zen sales). At least you don't have to use dilithium for the auction house and poo poo like in Neverwinter,

SKY COQ posted:

Oh man I totally solved this last night. Introduce SWTOR's collection/account unlock system but charge dil for the account unlocks.
This would require Cryptic to have enough competent coders to revamp the cstore. Which they don't. I mean right now you can't even buy a bundle if you have one of the items in it, there's no way they could add a TOR-style collection without the whole game collapsing under a pile of lovely code.

Semi-related, I love how it's been two years now and Risa is still a laggy, unplayable mess of a map. Their big attention-grabbing player retention event and it runs like rear end regardless of comp and specs. Time to turn graphics settings to minimum for a month. :allears:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
For something that should have been in the game day one, it's nice to finally have visible cool-down timers. That was a much needed improvement.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

DancingShade posted:

There are now four forum threads about the dilithium market.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1214364/reasons-for-a-need-in-the-dilithium-refinement-cap
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1214945/dilithium-market
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1216594/dilithium-exchange-rate-400-all-time-record
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1216621/how-to-get-dil-off-the-market

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Neverwinter hit the cap a while back and I'm not sure if it ever went back down.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I remember when it had 6 million zen ordered at 500 so you had to wait for ages. Haven't really kept up with it obviously but it went down to 400 once that I noticed and then right back up. I assume it's still way the gently caress broken but don't care enough to actually check.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Asimo posted:

Semi-related, I love how it's been two years now and Risa is still a laggy, unplayable mess of a map. Their big attention-grabbing player retention event and it runs like rear end regardless of comp and specs. Time to turn graphics settings to minimum for a month. :allears:

That's our fault.

The performance tanked the same update bort added the 'kill cover shields' script.

Coincidence? I think not.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Asimo posted:

Which they don't. I mean right now you can't even buy a bundle if you have one of the items in it, there's no way they could add a TOR-style collection without the whole game collapsing under a pile of lovely code.

They must have the code, you can buy the Delta and LOR packs even if you own items in it already.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Cryptic just stealth-announced the Chronos-class Temporal Dreadnought and added it to the Temporal pack.

Designed to face the greatest threats of the temporal battlefield, the massive Chronos-class Dreadnought is truly a force to be reckoned with. When the Temporal Cold War goes hot, Starfleet calls for the power of the Chronos. This ship is available to all factions.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SKY COQ posted:

Cryptic just stealth-announced the Chronos-class Temporal Dreadnought and added it to the Temporal pack.

Designed to face the greatest threats of the temporal battlefield, the massive Chronos-class Dreadnought is truly a force to be reckoned with. When the Temporal Cold War goes hot, Starfleet calls for the power of the Chronos. This ship is available to all factions.

It looks like a dress shoe that accidentally stepped on a small child's toy rocket ship and got stuck.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I really do not get the macro-suede hull. Did Starfleet discover a 31st century orbital gekli tannery someplace?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Geko Leaking their poo poo on twitter again

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Do people normally play with that many buttons? That seems like overkill.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

ShadowMoo posted:

Do people normally play with that many buttons? That seems like overkill.

Yes, though generally one does not keep their weapons on their buttons. And usually has the Bridge officer buttons hidden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10010203-star-trek-online%3A-console-ui

More console stuff.

They are simplifying some things. No individual shield face power distribution. Abilities can be set to auto-cast

The player is flying the Akira-Carrier, but there are no carrier commands.

• Locked thread