Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
BTW, if you don't want to browse Twitter feed, google searching Illustrated Police News gives tons of results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Geniasis posted:

Self-crucifying my rear end, look at the picture again.

It was the cat what done it, yer honor.

I love the pose of the cat in that picture. He's totally chilling, practically bored with watching the madman pounding spikes into his hands and feet with a huge mallet. He turns to look at the shrieking woman with the same bored expression.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Geniasis posted:

Self-crucifying my rear end, look at the picture again.

It was the cat what done it, yer honor.

I think you're onto something.

---

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I want to plaster my walls with those, they're all amazing.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

mods please change my name to Ghost With A Revolver, tia.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I'd love to see a series of short horror novels based on, and titled after these headlines.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

One of them is looking for valuables. One of them is looking for love. A horrible experience indeed.

Geniasis posted:

I'd love to see a series of short horror novels based on, and titled after these headlines.

This could be a great new thread for some goon writers to start up. :stwoon:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Everyone knows that Ghost with a revolver means business :ghost:
"In a city filled with the corruption of the living, the only straight shooter is a dead man."

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Kennel posted:

BTW, if you don't want to browse Twitter feed, google searching Illustrated Police News gives tons of results.

These are golden. All golden.

"Mother dearest, I'd hate to be a bother, especially on this most holy of nights, but I seem to be burning."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-m0A88M3dk

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

That's what you get for trying to steal from the Librarian.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Early effort at a concept album by Frank Zappa's album cover artist.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

"I'm Christ's bride! You're just Christ's side piece!"

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

"Ever since they built that whole foods in town, there's been an awful lot of "ghosts" around here"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

Can't seem to get around without another ghost showing up! They're getting somewhat tiresome...

junopsis
Dec 28, 2008
I'm trying to hunt down some old headlines that were posted on SA-- in one of the paranormal/ghost story threads, I think. I'm still looking but haven't been able to find them.
What they were was perfectly normal headlines, selected from some Canadian news feed database by a goon who worked in I think a newspaper? But he'd save interesting ones and post them on the forums as a collection, so that it implied weird lovecraftian dangers were happening around that part of Canada. It was cool.

Anyone remember those?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

Florida man having a strong moment of self-realization.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Viciously sharp banana, wasn't it?

Should have taken this class:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnUOdgrZj7g

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Thank god he didn't have any lingonberries.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Kennel posted:

These really are are amazing. I love it when they get posted.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

catlord posted:

This no poo poo nearly happened to one of my uncles. He would've walked out the second story window of his family's pub if one of the employees hadn't grabbed him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's a pretty good drawing of a donkey.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

catlord posted:

Everybody knows you never make the bear ride bitch. That guy must be new.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

junopsis posted:

I'm trying to hunt down some old headlines that were posted on SA-- in one of the paranormal/ghost story threads, I think. I'm still looking but haven't been able to find them.
What they were was perfectly normal headlines, selected from some Canadian news feed database by a goon who worked in I think a newspaper? But he'd save interesting ones and post them on the forums as a collection, so that it implied weird lovecraftian dangers were happening around that part of Canada. It was cool.

Anyone remember those?

You're in luck!

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Perhaps I'm just now getting the point, but there's a little dude riding the donkey being extra scary. No wonder they didn't survive.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

junopsis
Dec 28, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAA THANK
I had even been looking there, but man there's a lot of threads for stories and I figured I'd end up missing stuff. Thank you very much!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

From the "it's still real to her, dammit" department: LaFayette woman pulls gun on pro wrestler during Ringgold show.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

quote:

“Ms. Crowe did indeed pull the gun on Mr. Lee because of the way he’d talked to her,” Faulk said. “She said, ‘he was talking mean to me, and I got mad. I guess I just let my temper get the best of me and I pulled my pistol on him’.”

Lee says he told Crowe “to sit her toothless self back down,” and that she then approached the ring.

Making fun of someone's dental hygiene can bite gum you in the rear end.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RC and Moon Pie posted:

From the "it's still real to her, dammit" department: LaFayette woman pulls gun on pro wrestler during Ringgold show.

On Karl Stern's podcast, he told a story of having a call come in of an old man walking out and grabbing a loving axe because the heels pissed him off.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

whiteyfats posted:

Dave Berry was (is?) pretty funny.
He's retired and mostly just shares news stories with funny headlines on his blog. I remember a few years ago when he was still writing and he was half funny, half cranky old man.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GWBBQ posted:

He's retired and mostly just shares news stories with funny headlines on his blog. I remember a few years ago when he was still writing and he was half funny, half cranky old man.

I read his most recent book (probably the first time I had read him in five years) and a lot of it was dumb dad jokes. I'm worried if I go back to his other stuff I won't like him anymore.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Henchman of Santa posted:

I read his most recent book (probably the first time I had read him in five years) and a lot of it was dumb dad jokes. I'm worried if I go back to his other stuff I won't like him anymore.

That's pretty much always been his schtick. They're good dad jokes, but they're dad jokes.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

zakharov posted:

That's pretty much always been his schtick. They're good dad jokes, but they're dad jokes.

This is a very dated book, but it's still one of my favorites. Bad songs remain bad songs.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

RC and Moon Pie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9IyiH1D6XM

He did look at her crossways

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I love how back in olden times, they though something could frighten you unexpectedly and you'd be driven irrevocably mad on the spot.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I feel like this is less "woman killed by overtightening corset" and more "woman having corseting woes and being helped by a cheerful skeleton buddy." Just look how happy he is to help out!

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Henchman of Santa posted:

I never knew it, and don't know if it was supposed to be a secret, but I was stunned when I found out he was the guy behind profootballmock.com (i.e., the site with the facebook conversations between quarterbacks) the day he said he was done with it.

Grew up in Florida and read his stuff as a kid. He penned a long, scathing political article about the city government back around '96 or so. Wrote that at least if the mob was in charge, we'd have competent crooks running the place.

Duodecimal has a new favorite as of 00:12 on Jun 10, 2016

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Rough Lobster posted:

I love how back in olden times, they though something could frighten you unexpectedly and you'd be driven irrevocably mad on the spot.

They didn't have horror films so everyone's tolerance for spookiness was super low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Duodecimal posted:

I never knew it, and don't know if it was supposed to be a secret, but I was stunned when I found out he was the guy behind profootballmock.com (i.e., the site with the facebook conversations between quarterbacks) the day he said he was done with it.

Grew up in Florida and read his stuff as a kid. He penned a long, scathing political article about the city government back around '96 or so. Wrote that at least if the mob was in charge, we'd have competent crooks running the place.

I fondly remember his articles on telemarketers and the Do Not Call list.

http://m.deseretnews.com/article/515036176/Feel-poor-telemarketers-pain.html?pg=all

tl,dr: he published the number of one telemarketing company and they had to shut it down from all the calls they recieved from the public.