Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

titties posted:

The most interesting one I had was getting to a vantage point and trying to identify 3 Epsilon cultists that were attending a funeral, then shooting them in the head.

yeah we had that one last night except it was medical staff at a hospital we had to eliminate :devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I had to shoot mascots outside the cinema earlier

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Honestly completing a pick up or sale should immediately trigger an associate paycheck. I think it does so currently for the sale but not pickups. That would make it way better to remain a loyal associate over the long term and see a job to the end.

v Absolutely! I've loved it so far as both a CEO and a henchman

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I had to pop an astronaut.

TBH I think it's a good update, they just need to balance payouts.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

UserErr0r posted:

They could make it so when you sell the packages, it distributes pay to anyone that helped collect that cargo, whether or not they're an associate at the time, along with paying anyone that helped sell it.
There are a lot of things R* could do to fix it, I was talking about solutions that we could do in-game as players.

Akion posted:

TBH I think it's a good update, they just need to balance payouts.
:agreed:

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Holy poo poo you guys, I'm gone for 24 hours and this thread gets over 200+ new posts? gently caress that took a long time to read.

That's some bullshit that you can't run the new warehouse poo poo in invite only sessions...

Fill me in on the pro moves so I can start formulating a plan when I get back.

PS Los Santos International airport is the spitting image of LAX. Truly a mind gently caress. I also visited "Mirror Park."

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

titties posted:

The most interesting one I had was getting to a vantage point and trying to identify 3 Epsilon cultists that were attending a funeral, then shooting them in the head.

My favorite one was stealing a shipment of elephant tusks and illegal furs. The waypoint led Psion and me to an RV parked in the alley with a few construction workers hanging out nearby, but when we approached the RV, a pair of box trucks pulled in behind us to block the alley at either end, while the construction workers pulled assault rifles out of their jackets and tried to bushwack us. Totally was not expecting that, but it was cool and flavorful as hell.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

ninjahedgehog posted:

My favorite one was stealing a shipment of elephant tusks and illegal furs. The waypoint led Psion and me to an RV parked in the alley with a few construction workers hanging out nearby, but when we approached the RV, a pair of box trucks pulled in behind us to block the alley at either end, while the construction workers pulled assault rifles out of their jackets and tried to bushwack us. Totally was not expecting that, but it was cool and flavorful as hell.

Yeah, I got that one and panicked. In hindsight, I should have just RPG'd the truck in front.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I think my favorite part of last night was my third-party "performance review" courtesy of usersa after one of our missions.

We split into two groups, I'd just flown c0upe and the associates into a hot zone (rather flashy, I might add) right in the middle of the freeway where they all jumped out and stormed a truck. I returned the chopper to the warehouse while they drove and waited for their return. Right as I'm landing the chopper:

user: "So c0upe, how would you rate Slim's performance on this mission"
c0upe: "Well, he..."
[helicopter explodes from a sticky]

I don't know when or how you stuck that on there, but it was hilarious.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

titties posted:

Not that I saw. As far as I can tell, the payout bonus for associates goes up for completing pickups even though associates don't get paid for those. When I was working for Otiosely, I signed out of GTA and then jumped to another session. He came into the session and hired me back and I was still at a 40% bonus rate. We hadn't sold anything at that point, only stocked the warehouse. I don't know if the bonus only applies to the SecuroServe paycheck or if it also applies to the delivery payout. My starting paycheck from SecuroServe was 6k, by the end of the session it was about 9k.

Filling the warehouse like BitBasher did nets a slightly larger profit for the CEO but kind of bones the associates. They don't get paid until you deliver goods, and since BitBasher only made one delivery Fallin only got paid once (aside from the regular SecuroServe paycheck which only comes every 15 minutes or so).

BitBasher invested about 200k in those crates, so he made a profit of about 500k.

If he had sold them in chunks of 6 for about 90k each, he would have made about 340k in profit, while Fallin would have gotten (I assume) about 60k + Securoserve pay.

I don't see any good solution for this except to just take turns at being CEO.

I've said it a few times but I'm just happy to have some real action in free roam that doesn't boil down to being petty over a random kill.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

I think my favorite part of last night was my third-party "performance review" courtesy of usersa after one of our missions.

We split into two groups, I'd just flown c0upe and the associates into a hot zone (rather flashy, I might add) right in the middle of the freeway where they all jumped out and stormed a truck. I returned the chopper to the warehouse while they drove and waited for their return. Right as I'm landing the chopper:

Dude, you got owned.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Slim Killington posted:

I always knew it was either coupe or user that stickied the titan

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
user's always sticky

...wait, that came out wrong

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Psion posted:

user's always sticky

...wait, that came out wrong

well yeah if he's always sticky....

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Sounds like it's coming out just fine then.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Zigmidge posted:

I always knew it was either coupe or user that stickied the titan

zig I swear I had nothing to do with your unfortunate titan accident :(

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I think when I get home today I'm going to venture into the public wilds to see if I can hire some pubs to get my warehouse filled and sold so I can upgrade to a medium warehouse.

I also need to think of a new Corp name that isn't just a reference. 'Gangland Waste' is my current top candidate.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
My go to VIP organization name is "Anal For Orphans", would be nice to see that on a big sign.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I think the trick is to just slowly fill your WH when you are loving around in open, then when it's time to empty it get on Mumble and line up enough goons to cover your sale safely. Once you've sold yours, you help anyone else that needs to sell theirs, and so on...

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Akion posted:

I think the trick is to just slowly fill your WH when you are loving around in open, then when it's time to empty it get on Mumble and line up enough goons to cover your sale safely. Once you've sold yours, you help anyone else that needs to sell theirs, and so on...

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

Has anyone had a warehouse attack happen? I heard people saying it could happen last night.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 8, 2016

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

hellfaucet posted:

Holy poo poo you guys, I'm gone for 24 hours and this thread gets over 200+ new posts? gently caress that took a long time to read.

That's some bullshit that you can't run the new warehouse poo poo in invite only sessions...

Fill me in on the pro moves so I can start formulating a plan when I get back.

PS Los Santos International airport is the spitting image of LAX. Truly a mind gently caress. I also visited "Mirror Park."

Pictures when you get back papa hellfaucet? :allears:

sigseven
May 8, 2003

That was heavy.

CascadeBeta posted:

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

Has anyone had a warehouse attack happen? I heard people saying it could happen last night.

I haven't seen one yet, but it was mentioned in the update newswire:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52624/gta-online-further-adventures-in-finance-and-felony-now posted:

DEFEND YOUR WAREHOUSE
Major players attract attention and warehouses stocked with high volumes of valuable goods won’t stay secret for long. Act quickly to avoid losing a percentage of your Special Cargo in surprise attacks from resident gangs of Los Santos. Defend your ground – gang members run counter operations with full frontal attacks and raids from back alleys.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Can you not sell warehouses?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
My guess would be that attacks are based on how full the warehouse is, maybe with a modifier depending on the size of the warehouse, something like 90-100% for small, 75% for medium and 50% for large? I've never had more than 9 boxes though so I dunno really.

Akion posted:

It looks like they work the same as properties, you can have up to 5 and trade small ones to reduce the cost of larger ones.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 8, 2016

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Corporation name chat: MAGNUM V.D.

Akion posted:

Warehouses and offices work like the other properties do: you can sell one back for 50% of the purchase price but only when buying another.

E: beaten but only because my post got ate by accident

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

So this update is clearly the "drain everyone's bank accounts" update, which is fine if you have people willing to cough up 10+ million to get an organization fitted up (office, warehouse, upgrades, all that poo poo) which is cool I guess.

I like it, but it's also sort of a frustrating change of pace from GTAO where I could ignore pubbies at will. on the other hand, I did learn that if some fucker in a Kuruma tries to harass you, the limo gun will punch through and kill them if you put enough rounds into the windshield. All in all, a good update if you've been showered with hacker money.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Honestly if they upped the value of the goods for owners and gave employees a larger percentage this might be the best update yet. No, it's not perfect, but it really captures that "high-end criminal in an open world" feeling better than any of the others. It's just a shame that grinding Pacific Standard is a way more profitable and boring use of your time.

They should also make it possible for rival crews to steal your cargo rather than just destroy it, and then give you the chance to intercept and recover it while they're fleeing to their warehouse.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

ninjahedgehog posted:

Honestly if they upped the value of the goods for owners and gave employees a larger percentage this might be the best update yet. No, it's not perfect, but it really captures that "high-end criminal in an open world" feeling better than any of the others. It's just a shame that grinding Pacific Standard is a way more profitable and boring use of your time.

They should also make it possible for rival crews to steal your cargo rather than just destroy it, and then give you the chance to intercept and recover it while they're fleeing to their warehouse.

I agree, it's got some real potential that way.

if they also made it so selling a warehouse wasn't so all-or-nothing that'd be interesting. That poo poo with the Cuban 800s last night was cool but as ripper and user demonstrated (thankfully without bloodshed :v: ) one dude in a Hydra could completely gently caress your entire run. Selling on anything other than an empty or only-friendlies server is for suckers.

basically the risk:reward isn't quite there yet, but it's surprisingly close for Rockstar.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

I also can't stress enough how cool it is to watch your office gradually have more and more crap pile up as you make cargo runs. You just stole what your shady computer contact claims is $36,000 worth of jewelry or coke or illegal weapons or mink coats, of course you'd bring some back to the office to make sure it's the real deal.

How many different things are there, anyway? So far I've found:

Counterfeit money
Weapons and ammo
Electronics
Animal materials
Tobacco and alcohol
Narcotics
Art
Gemstones
Jewelry
Bullion
Biological materials (which, if you look at it in first person, turns out to be anthrax and bubonic plague :stonk:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I'm probably going to spend most of the weekend filling the 111 capacity warehouse just to see what it looks like. You're all welcome to help despite getting nothing in return, TIA.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

hellfaucet posted:

It's crazy how much of this game looks like actual LA/California, especially stuff besides obvious landmarks.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
They really nailed down NYC, too. I've never been there myself so I dont know the layout really, but if you watch any movie set in the city it really seems like a miniature condensed version.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Slim Killington posted:

I'm probably going to spend most of the weekend filling the 111 capacity warehouse just to see what it looks like. You're all welcome to help despite getting nothing in return, TIA.

same

ninjahedgehog posted:

Biological materials (which, if you look at it in first person, turns out to be anthrax and bubonic plague :stonk:

this was the best discovery last night.

"hey coupe? you know those medical boxes, the biohazard ones?"
"Yeah.....?"
"dude, it's anthrax."

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
Don't spend all your funbux yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKVI0LbChJM

I'm guessing these come with the content creator update because the prototypo is hotwheels as gently caress.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

honestly if I end my time playing GTA Online as anything other than an empty bank account and hundreds of millions tied up in assets all over the city, am I really doing Los Santos right?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Yeah, go look at Google Maps and look at stuff like the Santa Monica Pier or the Hollywood Bowl, or even the TV and radio towers above the Hollywood sign and it's pretty drat obvious what the real life inspiration was.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Psion posted:

honestly if I end my time playing GTA Online as anything other than an empty bank account and hundreds of millions tied up in assets all over the city, am I really doing Los Santos right?

trump spotted

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

ElwoodCuse posted:

It's crazy how much of this game looks like actual LA/California, especially stuff besides obvious landmarks.

Most of the buildings that are in this game have a real life counterpart in Los Angeles. Here's an interactive map that has many of these places identified.

http://grandtheftdata.com/landmarks/#0,0,2,satellite

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Jose Mengelez posted:

trump spotted

t:mad: you buddy

also answer my steam messages, geez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Jose Mengelez posted:

Don't spend all your funbux yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKVI0LbChJM

I'm guessing these come with the content creator update because the prototypo is hotwheels as gently caress.

That's not a car, it's a friggin' Batmoblie. :stare:

• Locked thread