Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Everyone should hunt squirrels and deer, instead of building an internet for Ligur to post on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

doverhog posted:

Everyone should hunt squirrels and deer, instead of building an internet for Ligur to post on.

The Internet is America's kalashnikov rifles.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
I suggest you quickly denounce the internet and go work in a salt-mine or concentrate on farming turnips, thereafter making it uncessary to read posts from people you don't agree with.

Mayhap everyone at the farm would be gender-neutral.

edit: esp true for valiant warrior rexroom

doverhog
May 31, 2013

The damage is already done, but in this case you must admit that the engineers were at fault...

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
In what way end where?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

As an engineer I can safely say engineers are terrible.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Andrast posted:

As an engineer I can safely say engineers are terrible.

Relinquish your position, deny your education and go learn naistutkimus then.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

Relinquish your position, deny your education and go learn naistutkimus then.

I'm quite happy being terrible, thank you.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

ok i was wrong it wasn't better, it was about as good. it's because finland is colder and the summer days are longer: http://yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2015/11/09/suomen-saan-valoisa-puoli-aurinkopaneeli-tuottaa-parhaiten-kylmassa

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Andrast posted:

I'm quite happy being terrible, thank you.

This is an acceptable position.

And hey, there's a high chance you wont' be one of the folks in Finland that have been recently hosed over, or currently are, or in the near future. At least you terrible engineers still have a chance to hold a job as we slide further into this 9+ year depression...

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Aika monta antenni-inssiä sai kenkää tuossa taannoin, jos et huomannut.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Rappaport posted:

Aika monta antenni-inssiä sai kenkää tuossa taannoin, jos et huomannut.

Joo huomasin. Meinasin, jotta korkeampi tsäänssi olle jäämättä ihan jalkoihin (samoin kuin talouden alalla) kuin monella muulla. Täällä on vielä aika paljon isoja IT-palveluita tarjoavia firmoja jotka pärjää ihan ok, ja hyville ohjelmistokehittäjille tuntuu löytyvän edelleenkin töitä etenkin jos olet jonkin sortin linux-nörd.

Vai mitkä olis turvallisempia aloja kuin insinörd/taloushenkilö sun mielestä?

Selkeät vastaukset: lääkäri, hoiva-ala, sossutäti. Ja ainakin PK-seudulla hyvillä sähkäreillä ja putkareilla riittää hommaa, jos ei muuten niin ne on kymppinä jossain ryhmässä jossa kaikki muut on virolaisia :v:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Puistokemisti posted:

http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2016060821691089_uu.shtml Better hope this this hole works out because wind and solar will never be viable energy sources in Finland.

They will delve too greedily and too deep, and the entire construction crew will be eaten by morlocks.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Hogge Wild posted:

ok i was wrong it wasn't better, it was about as good. it's because finland is colder and the summer days are longer: http://yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2015/11/09/suomen-saan-valoisa-puoli-aurinkopaneeli-tuottaa-parhaiten-kylmassa

Problem with this is that solar panels blazing at full power at 4am during summer aren't much value. Especially since during summer the whole country uses less electricity. And since they basically don't produce any electricity during winter, we still need coal plants to power generation.

Herman Merman posted:

They will delve too greedily and too deep, and the entire construction crew will be eaten by morlocks.

It's in Otaniemi, they are all engineers there.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Kemper Boyd posted:

Kinda half-joking about how one gets one's rear end kicked there.

Unironically I'd avoid the grilli at the cathedral because they are really bad about hygiene.

Not even half a joke. A couple of years ago a rantaruotsalainen got mad at us since he thought we made fun of him talking in swedish to his friend. Even after convincing that it was not like that, they just kept on picking a fight

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Puistokemisti posted:

http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2016060821691089_uu.shtml Better hope this this hole works out because wind and solar will never be viable energy sources in Finland.

Wind is viable in the parts of Finland that matter.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
We can make all the unemployed to stationary bike, firing up a dynamo, to create energy.

It's more efficient than solar or wind anyhow.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Cerebral Bore posted:

What's her stance on nuclear power?
Against, as is pretty much the entire left, and ironically every environmentally conscious party.

Rexroom posted:

Probably pro-renewable energy sources. Which to me is a good idea.
Being pro-renewable is good. Being anti-coal (and polluting energy sources in general) is most important, and while use of renewables contributes to getting rid of them, achieving it seems unfeasible if you insist on discounting nuclear as an important part of the solution.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I want to see Li Andersson rolling coal for some reason now.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Elukka posted:

Against, as is pretty much the entire left, and ironically every environmentally conscious party.

Against in what way? If you have direct quotes from her on the subject it would be appreciated.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

His Divine Shadow posted:

I want to see Li Andersson rolling coal for some reason now.

Now I don't know if you mean rolling coal rolling coal or "rolling coal" rolling coal.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I want to see everybody who is or ever has been rolling coal get banned from driving anything except those Tesla cars for the rest of their lives.

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

Jerry Cotton posted:

Now I don't know if you mean rolling coal rolling coal or "rolling coal" rolling coal.

Get high (on carbon monoxide)

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Desperately trying to cover up a tear in the human-flesh mask but the reptilian mouth still giving it all away!

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Geriatric Pirate wrote an open letter to Li Andersson.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
kunniakepulainen: http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2016060921700843_uu.shtml

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'd say that's pretty good by image.fi standards (even Asiaton's quality has fallen since they moved to image, there's just something about that place...)

doverhog
May 31, 2013

What did you do GP to get that AV? Was it a good laugh?

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

I want to see everybody who is or ever has been rolling coal get banned from driving anything except those Tesla cars for the rest of their lives.

Hmm yes let's make rolling coal another privilege of the rich

Joakim Brecht
Aug 20, 2013
Do all Finnish libertarists look like Tuomas Enbuske?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Rolling coal is a sex thing?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Joakim Brecht posted:

Yes.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Joakim Brecht posted:

No, most of them look like the computer nerds they are.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

doverhog posted:

What did you do GP to get that AV? Was it a good laugh?

I got like 3 in the same thread, it was about minimum wage. Not a funny laugh, I think you can just tell the guy was just angry, some of the American posters here are really invested in this forum, they basically post 15 hours per day. I think this one was after I kept pointing out that a minimum wage worker in America was almost as likely to come from a household in the fourth quintile (i.e. richer than 60-80% of the population) than the bottom 20% by income, or that the biggest problem for most households under the poverty line isn't low wages but a lack of (full-time) work.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

This poo poo is really passive-aggressive even by Finpol standards, and that's actually somewhat of a feat.

Herman Merman posted:

Hmm yes let's make rolling coal another privilege of the rich

I'm assuming that we have already eaten the rich in this hypothetical scenario, so this criticism is kinda inapplicable.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

I concur.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

It was a luxurious post about GPs AV that I decided was really dumb a second after hitting post, so enjoy the dot, minimalism is nice too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I hope you pointed out afterwards that Finland isn't even in Scandinavia, GP