Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Does anybody know if the official Le Mans stream will have RLM commentary? I can't seem to find any info on it anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

jammyozzy posted:

Does anybody know if the official Le Mans stream will have RLM commentary? I can't seem to find any info on it anywhere.

It won't, they haven't been using the radio feed at all for a couple of years now and Graham and John are too busy doing that to do the usual dedicated stream comms.

I can't even remember who they had last year but I do remember the small part I heard not being that great

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
That's a shame, by far my least favourite bit of watching LM is trying to sync RLM with whatever video I have.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Xisticide posted:

It won't, they haven't been using the radio feed at all for a couple of years now and Graham and John are too busy doing that to do the usual dedicated stream comms.

I can't even remember who they had last year but I do remember the small part I heard not being that great

from what I remember (posted by Eve in the MWM collective on Facebook): Le Mans chooses a different set of people to commentate Le Mans. I have zero clue why they do this, but they do. Therefore, while all the 6-hour WEC races have Hindy and Goodwin, the official stream does not for Le Mans - they will be on RLM instead.

Kinda sucks, but at least we now have the option to align streams and cobble together the best coverage. I remember the dark old days when all we had was Speed TV coverage in the U.S. (after the great years where Speedvision had full coverage save the Canadian GP).

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Thankfully this year they are separate weekends

Unfortunately my computer won't be fixed in time for Le Mans :(

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Kilonum posted:

the European GP at Baku is set to be the same weekend as Le Mans. that's like 9 days away and I'm not sure that GP will actually happen.

at least we know Le Mans will!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

harperdc posted:

the European GP at Baku is set to be the same weekend as Le Mans. that's like 9 days away and I'm not sure that GP will actually happen.

at least we know Le Mans will!

if FOM had to be dicks and schedule a race on the same day as le mans, i'm really glad they picked the one no one cares about

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

wicka posted:

if FOM had to be dicks and schedule a race on the same day as le mans, i'm really glad they picked the one no one cares about

and one most likely to be canceled (because holy jesus that circuit :psyduck: ) buuuut too late for anybody to pull a Hulkenberg and make the Le Mans attempt alongside F1 commitments.

Ah well, at least they're not trying to torpedo the entire championship like Bernie did in the early '90s.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The other big 24 hour race coming up, the 24 Hours of Spa looks like it's gonna be cool too, Blancpain just announced they're reviving the N class, which means we'll have Super Trofeo and Ferrari Challenge drivers in the race for maximum hilarity.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

If anyone was curious what an in car camera with gentleman racing superstar Vadim Kogay is like, here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeAmLvqAChY

He hits the barrier going about 130kph after realizing that brakes do not always stop you.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 9, 2016

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
This morning I got invited to go to Le Mans with one of the factory teams and I had to say no :(

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

drgitlin posted:

This morning I got invited to go to Le Mans with one of the factory teams and I had to say no :(

I will go instead!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

drgitlin posted:

I would make that heroic sacrifice and go to le mans in your place gladly

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

If anyone was curious what an in car camera with gentleman racing superstar Vadim Kogay is like, here you go

He hits the barrier going about 130kph after realizing that brakes do not always stop you.

That's Our Vadim!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

njsykora posted:

The other big 24 hour race coming up, the 24 Hours of Spa looks like it's gonna be cool too, Blancpain just announced they're reviving the N class, which means we'll have Super Trofeo and Ferrari Challenge drivers in the race for maximum hilarity.

lol I can't wait to see all the Ferrari Challenged Driver carnage.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Note how he decided not to drive into the lengthy part of the escape area & instead decided to turn straight into the fence.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Norns posted:

lol I can't wait to see all the Ferrari Challenged Driver carnage.

Glad of it

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Dude drives like how I sim race. Look at me clipping all the curbs! Let me just go a little bit deeper into this corner... oh poo poo. Welp.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

For me, nothing will ever beat that texas oilman who, at sebring a couple of years ago, reversed back onto the track right in front of traffic.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Eurosport isn't part of the Sky Sports package....what the loving hell? Have to subscribe to another set of channels if I want Le Mans (which is sport) on the telly.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just pay WEC for their stream it is good

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Or pay £5 a month for Eurosport Player which is great.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Those lines by Kogay were loving awful. I knew he was bad, but drat.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Minto Took posted:

Those lines by Kogay were loving awful. I knew he was bad, but drat.

Bad lines, braking way early and slowly leading to him not even fighting the wheel barely. I could probably get in his car and lap better than him. Happy that, that Ferrari team that had him 2 years ago ditched him and went to an all pro lineup in Blancpain and fighting for wins.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Kilonum posted:

Update: might be fixed as early as the 17th. So I might be able to stream Le Mans. If not, 7 solid weeks of no computer is hell (this Sunday makes 6)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just get a Chromecast or something for your TV they are like $20

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

julian assflange posted:

Eurosport isn't part of the Sky Sports package....what the loving hell? Have to subscribe to another set of channels if I want Le Mans (which is sport) on the telly.

Eurosport is and has always been part of the basic Sky package, is it even possible to get Sky Sports without the core Sky pack?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Coming up on the greatest race in the world!

Time to start watching Truth in 24 and the sequel.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

go3 posted:

Coming up on the greatest race in the world!

Last month, brother :smug:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

dsriggs posted:

I wouldn't rate the Coke 600 that highly.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

dsriggs posted:

High speed parades in the streets of Mediterranean city-states aren't races.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

2016 LM spotter guide is out. P1, P2, and GTE Pro all look fun. Also GTE Am continues to exist.

http://www.spotterguides.com/portfolio/16lm/

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Goetta posted:

Just get a Chromecast or something for your TV they are like $20

https://twitter.com/Kilonum/status/741313208842084352

$31.88 including sales tax at the Staples next to my work for a gen 2.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Le Mans plans:

Getting the streaming package, bbqing, adult libations, having some buddies over.

Going to set my sim rig up for people to do La Mans laps too.

Gunna be a good day I think.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Can anyone tell me if there will be any streaming or anything of the sorts for Pikes Peak?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Helicon One posted:

Eurosport is and has always been part of the basic Sky package, is it even possible to get Sky Sports without the core Sky pack?

It's not. It's part of the entertainment plus pack. You can get just sky sports through a Now TV (sky) box though I don't see the point of those

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
For those who can't watch Le Mans live on Eurosport/can't stream, Quest (UK Channel, base package on Sky and Virgin iirc) have:
-Start from 1:30 pm
-Live coverage/highlights 8pm-9pm Saturday
-Recap of the night's events at 10am Sunday Morning
-The last hour and finish live.

Also the have live coverage of the FIA World RallyCross Championship every round :getin:

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jun 12, 2016

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

julian assflange posted:

For those who can't watch Le Mans live/can't stream, Quest (UK Channel, base package on Sky and Virgin iirc) have:
-Start from 1:30 pm
-Live coverage/highlights 8pm-9pm Saturday
-Recap of the night's events at 10am Sunday Morning
-The last hour and finish live.

Also the have live coverage of the FIA World RallyCross Championship every round :getin:

Heres the US schedule

8:30-2:00 Fox Sports 1
2:00-4:30 Fox Sports 2
4:30-6:00 online only
6:00-6:30 Fox Sports 2
6:30-7:00 online only
7:00-7:30 Fox Sports 2
7:30-10:30 online only
10:30-2:30 Fox Sports 2
2:30-9:30 Fox Sports 1

For you non-Americans, almost no one actually gets Fox Sports 2 (I dont think my cable company even offers it) so if you want to watch the race on TV in this country you effetively can only watch the first 5 hours and the final 7 and a half hours (and its been this way for years).

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Basticle posted:

Heres the US schedule

8:30-2:00 Fox Sports 1
2:00-4:30 Fox Sports 2
4:30-6:00 online only
6:00-6:30 Fox Sports 2
6:30-7:00 online only
7:00-7:30 Fox Sports 2
7:30-10:30 online only
10:30-2:30 Fox Sports 2
2:30-9:30 Fox Sports 1

For you non-Americans, almost no one actually gets Fox Sports 2 (I dont think my cable company even offers it) so if you want to watch the race on TV in this country you effetively can only watch the first 5 hours and the final 7 and a half hours (and its been this way for years).

even my grandma gets FS2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The official stream was really goddamn awesome last year, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't just watch that instead.

• Locked thread