Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Zoness posted:

The point is that she mei be annoying but she's not so strong as to need nerfs, if mei were nerfed she would be outright unplayable and she's already not in a good place.

And yes her right click owns but someone who is consistently headshotting with unaided mei right clicks is probably still handicapping themselves by playing mei in that capacity.

If you're good enough at aiming to be hitting longrange headshots with Mei you could instead play Widowmaker and singlehandedly win games until your mmr is high enough to play against other bullshit Widow players. Or something.

I do wish something could be done to make Mei playable in team games because she's fun, but alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Mei's ult is comparable to Hanzo's anyways. His denies a rectangle of space for three seconds or kills them. While mei denies about an equal amount of space [in one spot] for five seconds but freezes targets if they stay too long instead of killing them outright.

Fat Aggression
Aug 18, 2006

Dias posted:

Yes. "Sorry, sorry, I'm sorry, sorry" when it's right on the spawn's exit during setup. Might be just me tho.

The "sorry sorry" line is just a equipable voice line, doesn't have anything to do with ice wall.

Fat Aggression
Aug 18, 2006

Edit: double post, also I'm dumb vvv

Fat Aggression fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 8, 2016

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Fat Aggression posted:

The "sorry sorry" line is just a equipable voice line, doesn't have anything to do with ice wall.

he's saying he spams that line when he walls people into their spawn, as is his god-given right

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Your Computer posted:

Maybe there's something wrong with your game, she yells loud and clear in mine. :confused: Like, there's nothing quiet about it at all, it's as loud as Hanzo or Pharah or anyone else.

McCree is easily the loudest, but Torb, Hanzo and Genji aren't too far behind. After that it's Pharah, Mercy, Zenyatta, Winston, Reaper, and Lucio, loud but not demanding. Junkrat I'm not sure if he says anything, but the rip start to the wheel is loud, and the way it increases as it gets closer to you is helpful. Widowmaker, Soldier 76, Symmetra and Bastion are on the softer side, Mei is dead silent, the ground just starts freezing. Tracer just has beeping, if not for the icon I'd probably miss her quantum bomb. Reinhardt and Roadhog don't seem to say anything, or if they do it's lost in the fact that their ultimate itself is both loud and instant. Never hear what D.Va says, even though I know it's "Nerf this!", I just hear a mech rocketing across the battlefield and see a flashing red icon. Haven't seen enough Zarya's to comment on how loud she sounds.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 8, 2016

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I never even realized mei had a callout until this argument, and i play with headphones on, so all of you claiming to hear it as loud as mcrees or hanzos can kindly stop pretending.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've never had any problems hearing her callout so I think you're just deaf.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

The Shortest Path posted:

If you're good enough at aiming to be hitting longrange headshots with Mei you could instead play Widowmaker and singlehandedly win games until your mmr is high enough to play against other bullshit Widow players. Or something.

I do wish something could be done to make Mei playable in team games because she's fun, but alas.

she can boost symmetra or torb for obnoxious first turret placements for ult charge

probably best with symmetra so you can use her teleporter to switch to a better hero

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

McCree is easily the loudest, but Torb, Hanzo and Genji aren't too far behind. After that it's Pharah, Mercy, Zenyatta, Winston, Reaper, and Lucio, loud but not demanding. Junkrat I'm not sure if he says anything, but the rip start to the wheel is loud, and the way it increases as it gets closer to you is helpful. Widowmaker, Soldier 76, Symmetra and Bastion are on the softer side, Mei is dead silent, the ground just starts freezing. Tracer just has beeping, if not for the icon I'd probably miss her quantum bomb. Reinhardt and Roadhog don't seem to say anything, or if they do it's lost in the fact that their ultimate itself is both loud and instant. Never heard what D.Va says, I just hear a mech rocketing across the battlefield with a flashing red icon. Haven't seen enough Zarya's to comment on how loud she sounds.

this is all very strange to me, maybe it's something with peoples' sound settings? everybody except widowmaker, winston and roadhog has a very loud, clear callout when they're using their ultimate. widowmaker's is quiet on purpose, roadhog is just him laughing, and winston is a roar.

i find it very suspicious that you've never heard HAMMER DOWN, FIRE IN THE HOOOOOLE or NERF THIS cause come on those are some of the most obvious ones in the game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Junkrat I'm not sure if he says anything, but the rip start to the wheel is loud, and the way it increases as it gets closer to you is helpful.

FIRE IN THE HOLE is extremely prominent

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Kerrrrrrr posted:

this is all very strange to me, maybe it's something with peoples' sound settings? everybody except widowmaker, winston and roadhog has a very loud, clear callout when they're using their ultimate. widowmaker's is quiet on purpose, roadhog is just him laughing, and winston is a roar.

i find it very suspicious that you've never heard HAMMER DOWN, FIRE IN THE HOOOOOLE or NERF THIS cause come on those are some of the most obvious ones in the game

I remembered nerf this after I posted, from when I played her myself, but I don't hear it when others are doing it, all the "loving run she's done it again" alarms going off cover it up. Fire in the hole sounds familiar, never heard hammer down, I just hear a big loving hammer coming down.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I don't consistently get enemy/ally callouts in different languages/lines. I hear Hanzos use both languages on both sides, for example, and not in killcams. When I Zarya Ult I usually hear the russian line and I've heard enemy mercy use both "Heroes never die" and "Helden Sterben Nicht"

I haven't really paid much mind to it since in premades you can just ask who ulted and you usually say "i'm ulting" anyway.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 8, 2016

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I've heard literally all of them except mei's. I just never noticed it since im always frantically trying to escape it.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
I'm glad that at least half of my matches today have been on Temple of Anubis.

Delete this stupid loving map from the game, tia Blizz.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

, never heard hammer down, I just hear a big loving hammer coming down.

Fun fact about his ult, if he starts the animation but gets knocked into the air, he will hold the animation until he touches the ground. Otherwise his scream blends into the hammer attack audio.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

I remembered nerf this after I posted, from when I played her myself, but I don't hear it when others are doing it, all the "loving run she's done it again" alarms going off cover it up. Fire in the hole sounds familiar, never heard hammer down, I just hear a big loving hammer coming down.

once again proving you have no loving clue what you are talking about, maybe play the game more before you complain about problems that don't exist

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Zoness posted:

I don't consistently get enemy/ally callouts in different languages/lines. I hear Hanzos use both languages on both sides, for example, and not in killcams. When I Zarya Ult I usually hear the russian line and I've heard enemy mercy use both "Heroes never die" and "Helden Sterben Nicht"

I haven't really paid much mind to it since in premades you can just ask who ulted and you usually say "i'm ulting" anyway.

Then you're not parsing it correctly.

Callouts are definitely different for allies/enemies and sometimes different situations (e.g. tracer)

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i play with headphones on and have never heard a sound of any sort

do i need to plug them in

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

New goal: get good at Genji. It just feels so good when things go well as Genji and I want that to happen more often.

Prerequisite: find groups where someone, anyone else is willing to play support, holy poo poo

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Vermain posted:

Her kit as it stands is an absolute hot mess of balance. You can't really increase her damage or reduce her time-to-freeze more than they currently are without her feeling woefully oppressive, and more coordinated teams can largely circumvent her or just kill her from range. I suspect she's just going to be kept in the "mediocre but playable" zone for most of this game's life until (if) they do a pass on her kit.

There are other ways to tweak Mei, you know

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

do genji's throwing stars have damage falloff with distance?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Tales of Woe posted:

do genji's throwing stars have damage falloff with distance?

no

Harrow posted:

New goal: get good at Genji. It just feels so good when things go well as Genji and I want that to happen more often.

Prerequisite: find groups where someone, anyone else is willing to play support, holy poo poo

I have the same problems :saddowns:. I know the sequence for loving over the standard sniper spots on anubis as genji but I really want more practice on other maps. I love attacking anubis point A as genji because you get a whole half of the map that you want the defense to focus on as you harass their backline. Thanks for listening to my tale of Genji.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

this poo poo is literally in the OP but nobody reads OPs anymore so i'll just... leave this here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSQaVF5kmdc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tH3QhM4tGw

Reading OPs in a blizzard subforum thread definitely goes against everything I believe in.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 8, 2016

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Fire in the hole sounds familiar

maybe if it was spelled FIYYAAH IN THA HAUUUL

(cause it's junkrat)

Zoness posted:

the non-english lines/extra loud lines are when either YOU are ulting, or when the enemy is ulting. so you'll hear yourself say gotovnosti, the enemy will say gotovnosti, but a zarya teammate says fire at will.

this poo poo is literally in the OP but nobody reads OPs anymore so i'll just... leave this here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSQaVF5kmdc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tH3QhM4tGw

edit: well some of the lines in those videos are old but you get the idea.

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 8, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Specifically, the only projectile that has damage falloff is Mei's icicle. All hitscan weapons have falloff except for either of Widowmaker's gun's modes.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 8, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Lady Naga posted:

Specifically, no projectiles have damage falloff, only hitscans (except for Widowmaker's assault mode for whatever reason.)

Mei's icicle has falloff

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

FatSamurai posted:

I really wish they would get rid of Mei's slowdown, make it less severe, or have it be a separate setting on her weapon secondary to damage. When other heroes ambush you, you have a chance to get away or fight back, but Mei's freeze acts so fast whenever I get hit I just let go of my mouse and wait while she has her ten minutes to line up a headshot to kill me. I can deal with any other kills but being slowly buried in snow is just the worst.

Don't wander off solo!

Its kinda lovely dying to Mei like that, but she can't really single you out unless you get icewalled off.

Its like nothing compared to the head hitboxes allowing for hanzo/widow to pick you off as you round a corner. Or McCree/Roadhog CCing then blowing you up.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Countblanc posted:

Mei's icicle has falloff

I literally just edited this in you jeeeerk

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dear Blizzard, please read my 90-page dissertation on how McCree is ruining the game. Oh by the way, what's an ult callout?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Indecisive posted:

once again proving you have no loving clue what you are talking about, maybe play the game more before you complain about problems that don't exist

You're defective, the problems exist, I'm not the only one saying it, and you're unwilling or unable to admit Senpai has problems

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

I do like how "some of the ult callouts are too quiet, especially mei" is now "what is an ult callout?"

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I can maaaaybe understand not hearing Widowmaker's callout but you legitimately have to either have ear problems or be listening to something else to not hear callouts, least of all 冻住,不许走! every five minutes.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I never even realized mei had a callout until this argument, and i play with headphones on, so all of you claiming to hear it as loud as mcrees or hanzos can kindly stop pretending.

yeah her's is really quiet and by the time you hear it it's too late

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
ya'll deaf or something

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Drakes posted:

Its like nothing compared to the head hitboxes allowing for hanzo/widow to pick you off as you round a corner. Or McCree/Roadhog CCing then blowing you up.

I was watching Star's stream yesterday and he got headshot by a widow while he was completely behind a wall in the killcam. He was next to the corner but still behind it. The widow couldn't actually see any part of his character model.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Noam Chomsky posted:

yeah her's is really quiet and by the time you hear it it's too late

She shouts in Chinese as loud as humanly possible, every single time.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Lady Naga posted:

I literally just edited this in you jeeeerk

Death comes.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

pakman posted:

I was watching Star's stream yesterday and he got headshot by a widow while he was completely behind a wall in the killcam. He was next to the corner but still behind it. The widow couldn't actually see any part of his character model.

That has nothing to do with hitboxes.

Countblanc posted:

Death comes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjuvjctlMvE

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah the random hero mode is completely ruined by ults. The team that gets Mercy pretty much always wins because they have a healer and she can revive them with their ult charges. So while most of the enemy can't get a single ult up you can comfortably keep your entire team alive because her ult charges so fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

I really like Lucio. In addition to the healing and speed boost, he's a solid fighter: Small size and fast speed makes him hard to hit; his gun does decent damage, and is good at killing immobile characters at range, or spamming at chokepoints. It's easy to disengage due to speed and repel gun, and he spends less time getting back to the fight after dying.