Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
And if they were able to cure them of their Future-Salamanderism so easily why didn't they explore Warp 10 a little more

y'know give it a shot it worked once at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Just watched Tasha give Wesley a speech on why drugs are bad

Keep in mind that at that time the US govt was secretly giving tv shows extra money to add anti-drug propaganda. That's one reason there were so goddamn many "very special episodes" back then.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I just like that something that an ensign and a low life maquis guy, with the help of Neelix, figured out something that without a doubt every government in the galaxy had probably spend a lot of time trying to figure out.

"Oh we just found these crazy dilithium crystals and hosed around on the holodeck, nbd"

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
ya gotta have a furry guy chock full of seemingly useless anecdotes; that's the lynchpin of every major scientific breakthrough

Or Whoopi Goldberg in a silly hat, that works too

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

https://youtu.be/ir84RorvUlw

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

I gotta say when I thought "dire consequences of going to Warp 10 a theoretically infinite speed" I was not thinking hyper-evolved salamanders so uh like good on Voyager for subverting my expectations there I guess

Those evolved salamanders are going to come back and haunt the Federation and Alpha Quadrant.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I just like that something that an ensign and a low life maquis guy, with the help of Neelix, figured out something that without a doubt every government in the galaxy had probably spend a lot of time trying to figure out.

"Oh we just found these crazy dilithium crystals and hosed around on the holodeck, nbd"

The lack of a functioning ownership economy has killed the research incentive within the Federation. Like we've seen, half of the earth's population is involved in working at fake restaurants, the other half in dining at them.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

JediTalentAgent posted:

Why don't they just beam intruders into space? Seal all decks and release knockout gas through atmospheric controls.

Of if you want to be inhumane, route intruders through to the holodeck and trap them in the hell that is an endless Voyager corridors.

edit: The holodecks seem to run fine with their power supply, so turn this into real-life "Sims" entertainment for the crew with the safeties off.

Releasing waves of flesh-eating bugs, failing life support, etc.

The episode of DS9 with the tiny little runabout going around torpedoing Jem'Hadar, when Sisko gets free he instantly fills the entire ship with knockout gas in like two button presses. Which makes sense why ships are taken over dozens of times in all the various series.

You have to be careful with those two button presses. It's either HMS Penafore or knock out gas.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

Or Whoopi Goldberg in a silly hat, that works too

Whoopi's hats are crucial to galactic cohesion.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

What power does Whopee invoke when the claws come out?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Automatic Slim posted:

An episode of The View is beamed into your head

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Automatic Slim posted:

Unfortunate "foot-in-mouth" quotes. . . oh you're talking about on the show.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I bet Wil Wheaton cranked his junk at warp 10 speeds when she did Playboy.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
if you separate her from her silly hat she loses her powers, just like Samson and his hair

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Why are drugs bad?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

The General posted:

Why are drugs bad?

They make you feel good when you take them but it gets to the point where you need to take them to keep from feeling bad.

Wes just kinda sits there with his mouth open.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The General posted:

Why are drugs bad?

Tasha says drugs make you feel good but when the drugs wear off you feel bad and that's why drugs are bad.

A Vulcan would say that logically you should be on drugs always then.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chomp8645 posted:

Tasha says drugs make you feel good but when the drugs wear off you feel bad and that's why drugs are bad.

A Vulcan would say that logically you should be on drugs always then.

Nancy Regan was guest writer on that episode

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Nevermind

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 22, 2022

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'm gonna do drugs just to spite Tasha

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
drugs are bad because they only provide artificial happiness

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I only do drugs to remind myself how much I don't like drugs.

Edit: I've a terrible memory so I take drugs every day.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I'm gonna do drugs just to spite Tasha

Meanwhile I'm sitting here watching The Emissary while hitting my oil pen :D

God bless Canada and our love of weed.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
new meme do not still

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tasha Yar from the rape planet seems like a great candidate for doing drugs

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The guys left and right of Stewart. Are they producers or fans who forked over tons of cash to get a portrait with the entire cast?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Automatic Slim posted:

The guys left and right of Stewart. Are they producers or fans who forked over tons of cash to get a portrait with the entire cast?

One has waistbanded his erection so I'm going to go with fans.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Tasha was cool and horny af. Another good character brought to you by TNG.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Ishara > Tasha

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
tasha got to gently caress data. if only we all could be so lucky.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Automatic Slim posted:

Ishara > Tasha

Ishara was in the top teir of all time TNG Trek totty. Her, Ensign Teri Hatcher & Ensign Ro. Extra props for Ishara for getting there with that awful glacial-shef femullet haircut too.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
If you are up for some cringe-comedy, watch Trekkies! It's one of those movies where you have to pause and take a sympathy-embarrassment break every 10 minutes. Denise Crosby is the "tour guide" and her and Brent Spiner looking at fan art in her garage is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7I-zgnVf5E

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

dreezy posted:

tasha got to gently caress data. if only we all could be so lucky.

Yeah I'd gently caress Data, but only when he was the hillbilly neighbor on Mama's Family.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

criscodisco posted:

Yeah I'd gently caress Data, but only when he was the hillbilly neighbor on Mama's Family.

You'd have settled for Vinton and you know it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
god drat mama's family. now theres a show I at one point was fortunate enough to have forgotten about. THANKS THREAD :pwn:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Blistex posted:

If you are up for some cringe-comedy, watch Trekkies! It's one of those movies where you have to pause and take a sympathy-embarrassment break every 10 minutes. Denise Crosby is the "tour guide" and her and Brent Spiner looking at fan art in her garage is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7I-zgnVf5E

If you watch the first, watch the second if only to see the kid who will never get laid blossom into a much more normal seeming guy with a real life wife

The General
Mar 4, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

Ishara was in the top teir of all time TNG Trek totty. Her, Ensign Teri Hatcher & Ensign Ro. Extra props for Ishara for getting there with that awful glacial-shef femullet haircut too.

Ishara has the most perfect Android 18 year.

As for trek hotties, Sito Jaxa and Amanda Rogers.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

shadow puppet of a posted:

You'd have settled for Vinton and you know it.

There would be no "settling" involved. I totally have a thing for "aw shucks" kinda guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

The General posted:

As for trek hotties, Sito Jaxa and Amanda Rogers.

Why no love for Jadzia Dax? She was clearly the prettiest Trek cast member.