Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Not even Trump can save us now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I wonder if he'll look back on that post in the decade from now that he fears and try and justify being wrong.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Tesseraction posted:

I wonder if he'll look back on that post in the decade from now that he fears and try and justify being wrong.

poo poo, dude, it's NRx. He'll look back on the post a decade from now and try to tell us that he was actually right.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Heresiarch posted:

That said: I really, really dislike the way that the word "neurotypical" is used by some (much?) of the autistic spectrum community, including people I consider friends and allies. I fully understand the intent of the term, in the same way that "cis" is merely a way to say "not trans", but in my experience it's being used very commonly (but not exclusively) as a pejorative and not merely a descriptor. It reminds me uncomfortably of the way that SF and related fandoms often refer to non-fans as "mundanes" or "normies" or something as a way to feel superior to those people who had typically mistreated them.

This is actually directly relevant to this thread, given the use of "neurotypical" as a slur by Ozy (who is apparently not on the spectrum) against Curvature (for being mean to libertarians) and Storming The Ivory (for not liking the Tumblr rationalists), both of whom are hella spectrum. And its use primarily as a misogynist slur by many of the Tumblr rationalists (and not just brazenautomaton) against the women who keep not putting out for them. 'Cos women on the spectrum apparently don't exist (for them).

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This thread needs a "source your quotes" rule.

Grenrow
Apr 11, 2016

divabot posted:

This is actually directly relevant to this thread, given the use of "neurotypical" as a slur by Ozy (who is apparently not on the spectrum) against Curvature (for being mean to libertarians) and Storming The Ivory (for not liking the Tumblr rationalists), both of whom are hella spectrum. And its use primarily as a misogynist slur by many of the Tumblr rationalists (and not just brazenautomaton) against the women who keep not putting out for them. 'Cos women on the spectrum apparently don't exist (for them).

Nostalgebraist was kind of getting there too with all the "Phil Sandifer is being mean to rationalists which is like bullying people with autism!" stuff in their review.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

This thread needs a "source your quotes" rule.

LoB is actually a cool dude who saves threads from certain ruin.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Hermetic posted:

Nah, if this thread's going to have callouts, then it's going to have callouts. Don't start backpedaling now when someone you like fucks up.

Though I am amused you wimped out on whatever you originally said. Can't even stand by your own lovely insults without panicing? :smug:

No you loving moron you edited in an extra sentence, presumably to stop dsyp-ing.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Puppy Time posted:

Welp, that's quite the meltdown.

re: neurotypical

I'd never considered the term before, but Heresiarch makes some p. good points; even leaving aside the insulting use in some circles, I think it's also not great in that it implies that there's only one way to be neuro-atypical (autism), when that's really obviously not the case.

I have some autistic acquaintances that use "allistic" to describe people who don't have autism.

I like screaming FUCKIN NORMIES but I thrive on hating everyone and benig a miserable jerk as a defense mechanism so like

Whatever

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

OfficialGBSCaliph posted:

No you loving moron you edited in an extra sentence, presumably to stop dsyp-ing.

LOL you actually think I was playing fifth dimensional chess with posts, when I just happened across something I hadn't read yet and edited to avoid double-posting. That is the saddest thing. I'm not even going to bother calling you a pathetic rear end in a top hat with the emotional stability of a syphilitic child. I don't need to...You just self-owned.

Nice to see that even you realize straight-up calling me a bigot like a person with courage and intelligence might would have rang hollower than your skull, so you took the circuitous route, hoping that a thin veneer of borrowed wit would let you slide. I like it when people trying to insult me realize they have nothing. :3:

Now drop it and go back to talking about the alt-right before you embarrass yourself any further. Tia

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Hermetic posted:

LOL you actually think I was playing fifth dimensional chess with posts, when I just happened across something I hadn't read yet and edited to avoid double-posting. That is the saddest thing. I'm not even going to bother calling you a pathetic rear end in a top hat with the emotional stability of a syphilitic child. I don't need to...You just self-owned.

Nice to see that even you realize straight-up calling me a bigot like a person with courage and intelligence might would have rang hollower than your skull, so you took the circuitous route, hoping that a thin veneer of borrowed wit would let you slide. I like it when people trying to insult me realize they have nothing. :3:

Now drop it and go back to talking about the alt-right before you embarrass yourself any further. Tia

Did I ever tell you about the man who taught his rear end in a top hat to talk? His whole abdomen would move up and down you dig farting out the words. It was unlike anything I ever heard. :eyepop:

This rear end talk had sort of a gut frequency. It hit you right down there like you gotta go. You know when the old colon gives you the elbow and it feels sorta cold inside, and you know all you have to do is turn loose? Well this talking hit you right down there, a bubbly, thick stagnant sound, a sound you could smell. :kimchi:

This man worked for a carnival you dig, and to start with it was like a novelty ventriliquist act. Real funny, too, at first. He had a number he called “The Better ‘Ole” that was a scream, I tell you. I forget most of it but it was clever. Like, “Oh I say, are you still down there, old thing?”:buttfame:

“Nah I had to go relieve myself.”:mmmsmug:

After a while the rear end start talking on its own. He would go in without anything prepared and his rear end would ad-lib and toss the gags back at him every time. :raise:

Then it developed sort of teeth-like little raspy in-curving hooks and started eating. He thought this was cute at first and built an act around it, but the rear end in a top hat would eat its way through his pants and start talking on the street, shouting out it wanted equal rights. It would get drunk, too, and have crying jags nobody loved it and it wanted to be kissed same as any other mouth. Finally it talked all the time day and night, you could hear him for blocks screaming at it to shut up, and beating it with his fist, and sticking candles up it, but nothing did any good and the rear end in a top hat said to him: “It’s you who will shut up in the end. Not me. Because we dont need you around here any more. I can talk and eat and poo poo.” :negative:

After that he began waking up in the morning with a transparent jelly like a tadpole’s tail all over his mouth. This jelly was what the scientists call un-D.T., Undifferentiated Tissue, which can grow into any kind of flesh on the human body. He would tear it off his mouth and the pieces would stick to his hands like burning gasoline jelly and grow there, grow anywhere on him a glob of it fell. So finally his mouth sealed over, and the whole head would have have amputated spontaneous except for the eyes you dig. Thats one thing the rear end in a top hat couldn’t do was see. It needed the eyes. But nerve connections were blocked and infiltrated and atrophied so the brain couldn’t give orders any more. It was trapped in the skull, sealed off. For a while you could see the silent, helpless suffering of the brain behind the eyes, then finally the brain must have died, because the eyes went out, and there was no more feeling in them than a crab’s eyes on the end of a stalk. :goatsecx: :tutbutt: :cthulhu: :cry:

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Dank meme. :3:

If you cared half as much about laughing at the alt-right as you do about raging at me for what you think I meant in an apology, people might read your posts. :)

Hermetic has a new favorite as of 19:16 on Jun 8, 2016

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Marvel as the thread dies from the exact identity policing and bickering that the NRx people criticize

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Hermetic posted:

Nice meltdown 😂

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Heath posted:

Marvel as the thread dies from the exact identity policing and bickering that the NRx people criticize

Like I said, this is the alt-right's broken clock moment. Hysterical children among the progressive liberal movement shrieking hate and insults at one of their own for insufficiently apologizing after an offhanded comment, then trying to pull a "lol i trol uuuuuuuu" tantrum when called on mislabeling that person and revealing their own lovely bigotry. This thread has become what 4chan imagines Tumblr to be. Neoreaction wins, hail God Emperor Drumpf, First of His Name, Lord of House Tinyhands.

Nice meltdown 😂

Not really a signed post, but definitely the best meta post. Now go away, preferably forever.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Heath posted:

Marvel as the thread dies from Hermetic's inability to stop posting about how not owned he is

ftfy

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Grenrow posted:

Nostalgebraist was kind of getting there too with all the "Phil Sandifer is being mean to rationalists which is like bullying people with autism!" stuff in their review.

It's been a theme for a while. c.f. one rationalist posting about actual harassment by a horrible nerd and the collective transmuting this into her being mean to the neurodivergent who just can't help it. It's a standard rationalist deflection when called out for horrible behaviour.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

It's been a theme for a while. c.f. one rationalist posting about actual harassment by a horrible nerd and the collective transmuting this into her being mean to the neurodivergent who just can't help it. It's a standard rationalist deflection when called out for horrible behaviour.

It's kinda the "Criticizing Israel is necessarily anti-semitic" except even dumber because there are at least some weird anti-semites who use being anti-Israel as a smokescreen.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Yeah, my favorite part of being owned was when I was misidentified by a bigot who is still mad that I didn't apologize properly for something that upset them. I am totally owned. I am a corncob.

You win 100%.

You can stop posting now. I hope that your bottom has been properly powdered by this capitulation.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
You should be hermetically sealed in another thread

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

You should be hermetically sealed in another thread

http://www.theonion.com/article/report-nobody-loving-cares-52974

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Tesseraction posted:

And then they actually wrote that storyline in a few years back where the Doc destroys the Prime Minister's career in six words.

The Doctor has always struck me as a total rear end in a top hat, but that episode really cements it- he has a total meltdown at the Prime Minister for not letting a ship full of murderous space pirates go to find some other planet to terrorize, then destroys her career with the same misogynist whispers that were deployed against Thatcher at the end of hers. I've heard it defended as a reference to the sinking of the Belgrano but Jesus, what do you have to think of Argentine people for that analogy to work?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm not going to get into the other incredibly dumb things you've said so far today but this particular line:

Hermetic posted:

I didn't apologize properly for something that upset them.

shows that you don't actually understand what people are asking of you or why. Which is fine, but you really should shut up about it.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
A Small Frozen Thing: Yo, please don't use "autistic" as a slur.
Hermetic: Lol, u mad bro?
A Small Frozen Thing: That totally wasn't an apology, you rear end in a top hat.
Hermetic: Why are you still mad about this, you're the only one who cares. I'm not a bigot, why are you so sensitive? Lol
Half a dozen people: Actually, we care about this too, you rear end in a top hat.
Hermetic: Lolololol, only one person cares about this, why u so mad?
Literally everyone else in the thread: Shut the gently caress up, Hermetic.
Hermetic: I'm still not mad, why are you going on and on about this? I'M TOTALLY NOT MAD! I APOLOGIZED! I'M NOT A BIGOT!

:aaaaa:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
A strange game

The only winning move is not to post(about Hermetic)

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

I'm not going to get into the other incredibly dumb things you've said so far today but this particular line:

shows that you don't actually understand what people are asking of you or why. Which is fine, but you really should shut up about it.

Seems like you're desperate for the last word. :smug:

People asked nothing, they just started raging like mindless animals. I apologized because I'm a nice person. It was accepted like I had poo poo on someone's kid. So gently caress you and gently caress any other stupid rear end in a top hat who keeps bringing it up.

gently caress yourself and die, thanks.

pookel posted:

A Small Frozen Thing: That totally wasn't an apology, you rear end in a top hat.
Hermetic: Why are you still mad about this, you're the only one who cares. I'm not a bigot, why are you so sensitive? Lol
Half a dozen people: Actually, we care about this too, you rear end in a top hat.
Hermetic: I'm still not mad, why are you going on and on about this? I'M TOTALLY NOT MAD! I APOLOGIZED! I'M NOT A BIGOT!

Actually...

Hermetic: That guy seems legit autistic.

SFT: gently caress YOU SHUT UP.

Hermetic: poo poo, that upset people. Sorry.

SFT: HOW DARE U

Rest of the thread: OMG SOMEONE TO RAGE AT YAY!! :downs:

Hermetic: Please shut up.

Rest of thread: LOL U MAD BRO?? :downs:

Hermetic: Please shut up.

(Rest of thread finally does when mods get involved)

LATER

Some Random Person: Fuckin' autists...

Hermetic: You might wanna avoid that word. It upsets really lovely people.

lovely People: HOW DARE U :downs:

Hermetic: Holy gently caress shut up and die you idiots.

lovely People: LOL TYPICAL STRAIGHT WHITE MAN :downs:

Hermetic: Actually I'm not that, you bigoted shitbags.

lovely People: LOL U MAD BRO I WIN I WIN I WIN :downs:

Hermetic: For gently caress's sake, just shut up.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

A strange game

The only winning move is not to post(about Hermetic)

But you'll keep doing it because you're stupid and mad, and I'm a target you feel okay about taking that out on. Bless your heart.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I apologize for mislabeling you, my LGBT PoC friend.

Now please stop melting down.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Small Frozen Thing posted:

I apologize for mislabeling you, my LGBT PoC friend.

Now please stop melting down.

I accept your apology because I'm not a trash person who drags things out when the other person is legitimately contrite. Now back on the ignore list you go.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hermetic posted:

Now go away, preferably forever.

Turn your monitor on

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Oh no, I absolutely agree with this. I actually lingered on what term to use for a while, but since he said he had issues with depression before "non-disabled" wasn't accurate.

I'm glad that it's not just me, then.

Puppy Time posted:

I have some autistic acquaintances that use "allistic" to describe people who don't have autism.

This is a really good term (it even follows the same Greek etymology, "alla-" for "other" instead of "auto-" for "self") except that "allistic" and "autistic" sound similar enough when spoken that I could see communication problems occurring. Or maybe not, it would have to end up in wide use to see.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Goons, man. This thread will never become the sneer culture front HQ if one moron who can't shut up still gets replied to because the goon's honor demands the last word in. I think the original point was made, that Hermetic is a bigot and an obvious troll.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Fututor Magnus posted:

Goons, man. This thread will never become the sneer culture front HQ if one moron who can't shut up still gets replied to because the goon's honor demands the last word in. I think the original point was made, that Hermetic is a bigot and an obvious troll.

I'm literally none of that, but I do agree that you're posting because you're a moron desperate for the last word. If you think I'm a bigot, then post proof

If you can't, then please remove yourself from the thread and forum. Actually do that anyway, thank you and god bless. :shobon:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Fututor Magnus posted:

I don't like mislabeling people, so I had to apologize. Also I'm pretty sure he's completely sincere.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

I honestly don't think Hermetic is a bigot, at least not by the standards of a thread dealing with the alt-right. But, you know...

Hermetic please consider that maybe the thread being repeatedly derailed into multi-page shitfests of you vs. the entire rest of the thread, not because of any clear difference of ideology like but just because everyone finds you that obnoxious, maybe is not entirely the fault of everyone except you, and maybe needs to be arrested by behaviour changes from people in the thread other than 'everyone except you'.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I don't like mislabeling people, so I had to apologize. Also I'm pretty sure he's completely sincere.

Sincerely a bigot who's looking to troll, that much is clear to me.

But consider that if Hermetic never posted here, would you still have the problem of a headache as you're reading through the thread? Probably not. Hermetic is an oppressor even in the grimbertarian sense.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Speaking of which, I apologize for sticking an extraneous "A" in your name.

FWIW, I have not seen "neurotypical" used as an insult often, if at all. Most of my online friends have been neurodiversity people - either autistic themselves, or parents of autistic kids, or having otherwise nonstandard brains - and if it's been used as an insult among them, it's been a playful insult, said with affection. Things like "My NT husband and kid just don't get why my Aspie kid and I like math so much. Weirdos!" I'd be happy to not use it if it bothers people, though, and if there's a suitable replacement. I'm not sure there is, though.

(FTR, I'm pretty sure I'm on the spectrum myself, too. I'm not just internet-diagnosing; I'm raising a kid with an autism diagnosis, and he reminds both me and my parents of myself as a child. I also have an easier time relating to him and understanding what he's thinking than I do with my other kid, or with non-autistic people in general. But there's no real reason for me to seek a diagnosis at this point, and I can't afford it anyway, so ....)

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Fututor Magnus posted:

Sincerely a bigot who's looking to troll, that much is clear to me.

But consider that if Hermetic never posted here, would you still have the problem of a headache as you're reading through the thread? Probably not. Hermetic is an oppressor even in the grimbertarian sense.

Fututor's Rap Sheet posted:

Transphobia in fyad. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

Banned for posting "soon german will be replaced with islamic just wait. allo becomes allah-hu akbar"

2/10 trolling attempt. Barely worth mocking. Yawn.

Peel posted:

I honestly don't think Hermetic is a bigot, at least not by the standards of a thread dealing with the alt-right. But, you know...

Hermetic please consider that maybe the thread being repeatedly derailed into multi-page shitfests of you vs. the entire rest of the thread, not because of any clear difference of ideology like but just because everyone finds you that obnoxious, maybe is not entirely the fault of everyone except you, and maybe needs to be arrested by behaviour changes from people in the thread other than 'everyone except you'.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that it's people raging incoherently and me either mocking them because I'm tired of stupid assholes, or telling said stupid assholes to get back on topic. I said a lovely thing, apologized, and moved on. The stupid assholes didn't, hence the mocking and telling them to get back on topic. I bear non-neurotypical people no ill will, but using mental illness and neuroatypicality (is that even the word?) as an insult is generally considered acceptable, and sometimes we all forget that it shouldn't be and let momentum carry us. I made my apology short, ironically, since I didn't want to cause a big to-do and wanted to just move on without antagonizing further.

I bear no responsibility for what stupid assholes do when they misinterpret said apologies, and will continue mocking stupid assholes who seem like they'd be fun to mock. Mocking stupid assholes is why I'm in this thread to begin with. It's just a shame that the stupid assholes are in the thread instead of on twitter/reddit.

Now get back on topic you stupid rear end in a top hat.

Hermetic has a new favorite as of 20:43 on Jun 8, 2016

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
If I make fun of Hermetic for his clear NPD would that be wrong from a PC standpoint?

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Jack of Hearts posted:

If I make fun of Hermetic for his clear NPD would that be wrong from a PC standpoint?

As long as I can mock you for your sad attempts at armchair psychiatry. :allears:

Hermetic has a new favorite as of 20:46 on Jun 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

pookel posted:

It's been used before in this thread but:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561