Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Looks like California will be deciding between a Democrat and a Democrat for Senate this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

WampaLord posted:

Trump would be willing to build the Moonbase as long as he could put a hotel up there too.

He'd then claim he was first* on the Moon because all the Apollo missions were faked

*his slaves who build it for him

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Shes Not Impressed posted:

The Zookeeper Gingrich is going to tame the Wild Donald

He is a teacher of the rules of civilization and leader (possibly) of the civilizing forces.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

xrunner posted:

Did you miss the entire second sentence?

Maybe

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

VikingofRock posted:

Looks like California will be deciding between a Democrat and a Democrat for Senate this year.

One of them is a Blue Dog who mocked Native Americans, so there's a chance that, with Republican support, we end up with a worse senator than even Feinstein.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

WampaLord posted:

Trump would be willing to build the Moonbase as long as he could put a hotel up there too.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Gold makes a good radiation shield. Can't stump the Trump.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

zoux posted:

Yeah the first thing I thought was "uhoh Uber."

You mean "gently caress Uber" surely?

Don't care if it's convenient to people who hate cabs (or live in red areas with lovely infrastructure) Uber sucks and I want to see them and the rest of the parasite economy (AirBnB especially) burned to the loving ground.

Jarmak posted:

Are you naturally unable to process context or do you just choose to ignore it?

If it's not the former then I'm impressed with their mastery of the latter.

This just keeps getting better. Please take a pot shot at the Terminator, Donald, please. :munch:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

That implies Chris kyle only shot "bad guys"

Exactly, the dude's statement was that an Iraqi American would be biased against Kyle because he killed a lot of "bad guys" in Iraq.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

McAlister posted:

It's even more bizarre when you've looked at their tax filings and seen that most of the executive board gets $0 in salary.

It really blows the narrative of charity-as-sinecure out of the water when the kid you have working there donates a couple hundred grand a year( Chelsea gets about 50k a speech and donates it to the foundation ) and gets no salary at all.

The problem comes down to narratives. We have all sorts of negative stories about powerful women and you can easily prompt people to cast Hillary as a villain by attributing some element of a story to her.

People are loving shocked to see the column of $0 salaries because it is the exact opposite of what the story of the corrupt charity has trained them to expect.

I'm phone posting over lunch but I'll try to do an unwinding of all the bullshit narratives in that "but I don't trust her" post tonight.

So only the already wealthy can afford to work for them? How is this a good thing?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Evil Fluffy posted:

This just keeps getting better. Please take a pot shot at the Terminator, Donald, please. :munch:

Few things would top Arnold calling Trump a girlie man on Twitter.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

That's it I'm watching Spaceballs and will imagine Trump as President Skroob.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

You learn something new every day, I didn't know that there's an Iraqi-American judge working at the ICC.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

So only the already wealthy can afford to work for them? How is this a good thing?

Post/Avatar combo perfection.

Goodness forbid they do absolutely free charity work! Only the rich can afford to work for them! What is it like in your head? Do you believe the voices in your head are other people?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

I seriously doubt Donald Trump would insult a fellow WWE Hall of Famer. That hallowed institution requires a level of decorum.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Zoux, what the gently caress did you do to twitter?

I'm sorry!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In my rage, I have destroyed it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Caught on video: a white hospital volunteer attacking a black family in North Carolina. Not caught on video, the volunteer saying:

quote:

Get your black kids out of here. Do you even have a job? Do you know what a job is, friend of the family? This is what Donald Trump’s talking about, people like you.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Could one of you post an electoral map showing the consequences of Hillary being +5%, and Trump -5%?

I know the reverse has been done, showing the Dems still win. I want to know just what a landslide of blue looks like.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

awww, I get to watch a person learn what "volunteering" is. This is a big moment in his life.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Luigi Thirty posted:

Caught on video: a white hospital volunteer attacking a black family in North Carolina. Not caught on video, the volunteer saying:

lol it appears to be largely about him having saggy pants, what a maniac

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So what are the odds Hillary will actually follow up on Obama's Elkhart suggestions of expanding Social Security and union membership?

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Luigi Thirty posted:

Donald Trump has pulled back the bark on the rotting log that is the Republican Party.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

Saggy pants are illegal in a number of cities for totally not racist reasons

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Mister Macys posted:

Could one of you post an electoral map showing the consequences of Hillary being +5%, and Trump -5%?

I know the reverse has been done, showing the Dems still win. I want to know just what a landslide of blue looks like.

Not all that impressive actually. Hillary +5% just nabs Arizona, Missouri and Georgia.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

McDowell posted:

So what are the odds Hillary will actually follow up on Obama's Elkhart suggestions of expanding Social Security and union membership?

What can she do that will expand union membership?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's too bad Trump did the whole teleprompter thing last night; if he was still running at 100% Trump he probably would have done it already.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Trabisnikof posted:

What can she do that will expand union membership?

Staff the NLRB I guess.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Macys posted:

MO, AZ, GA, NC and NE's 2nd flip

e: SC, IN and MS are within a point

e2: had MS not MO as blue, whoops

WhiskeyJuvenile fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 8, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

If Hillary manages to gain that much. She probably flips Utah as well.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dexo posted:

If Hillary manages to gain that much. She probably flips Utah as well.

Romney won Utah by 50% in 2012, so that'd be quite a shift.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

e: SC, IN and MS are within a point

So would this be the biggest electoral landslide in history?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I doubt this will hold up but Clinton and Trump are within a point of each other in UT with some insane number like 30% saying neither. Mormons really loving hate Trump.

LeeMajors posted:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Utah(not to generalize but Mormons) loving loves Mitt Romney, and loving hates Trump.

Wasn't Trump polling miserably there?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

This may come as a surprise to you but the Mormon had a large base of support in Utah.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

:vince:

Holy gently caress!

That's, uh, something...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

theflyingorc posted:

Same kind of maniac old lady verbally accosted me at a bus station for having a shirt that said "Bomber Squad" with a cartoon wold logo from some RAF squadron and gave me the finger asking if my name was Chavez for some insane reason.

Racist old people are amazing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dexo posted:

Utah(not to generalize but Mormons) loving loves Mitt Romney, and loving hates Trump.

Wasn't Trump polling miserably there?

Again totally don't expect this to hold up but still, lol

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

LeeMajors posted:

Not even close. Ronnie Raygun wiped the floor with Carter in 84. 80 was also more of a blowout. see this for historical maps.

http://imgur.com/gallery/4Ezd1rS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Actually it was 88.

• Locked thread