Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
does it bother anyone else that roadhog is the one that uses a gun that shoots junk while junkrat has the ultimate that is more associated with roads.

i just want them to be junkhog and roadrat.

im also ashamed to say that i called them by each others names for the entire beta and for a week on live which was very confusing for my premades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Everyone should just have fun by which I mean play Mei and put ice walls in character's faces or behind Rein when he thinks he has his team backing him up and then turn into an ice block when you're about to die and then put another wall up when you unfreeze and then run away

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

I'd rather just click on everyone's head as Widow or McCree and win tbh

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Zoness posted:

does it bother anyone else that roadhog is the one that uses a gun that shoots junk while junkrat has the ultimate that is more associated with roads.

i just want them to be junkhog and roadrat.

im also ashamed to say that i called them by each others names for the entire beta and for a week on live which was very confusing for my premades

His name is actually meathog

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
McCree is hard to play on console for scrublords like me

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
this game used to be fun

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Ahhpple posted:

I'd rather just click on everyone's head as Widow or right click as McCree and win tbh

more people should play Genji because he's really fun and really satisfying, and he scratches that weeb itch that you have if you're an idiot manchild like me

I've recently started hitting my voice quip during my taunt as Genji to do the Challenge emote and "Come on" together and it works wonders for my mood when I'm duoqueuing and we're getting shitstomped

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

IronicDongz posted:

this game used to be fun

it looks like it might be but no way in hell am i buying an indie voxel game in 2016

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Alman posted:

McCree is hard to play on console for scrublords like me

this is not the first time I've heard this, I have a sibling who plays on the PS4 and he is convinced that Tracer sucks, McCree is only okay, Genji is unplayable, and Soldier: 76 is the greatest character to ever exist in terms of Offense heroes

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Lady Naga posted:

Oh well I never realized it's that simple. If something is good; it's broken. Thanks for clearing that up.

Perfect timing too, there's a new Planet Overwatch article.

i agree with this article. i mean, as much as i can since its more fact/data than opinion, but i guess i more mean "hero limits only artificially create diversity" like is mentioned at the bottom. when i was watching those tournaments with friends id comment how every comp was the same every map, every game mode. turns out this wasnt just my imagination and hey things got MORE stagnant, not less

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Wangsbig posted:

it would be good if you did not post, ideally ever again

Again I am very upset that the dota 2 streamer man doesn't like me.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

guts and bolts posted:

this is not the first time I've heard this, I have a sibling who plays on the PS4 and he is convinced that Tracer sucks, McCree is only okay, Genji is unplayable, and Soldier: 76 is the greatest character to ever exist in terms of Offense heroes

Mapping jump to LB instead of A makes Genji and Hanzo playable, but it's still super hard to reliably land shots. I've had some of my best games as Hanzo but largely due to just spamming arrows in the direction of a group of enemies. Way harder than WASD especially without aim assist

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Countblanc posted:

it looks like it might be but no way in hell am i buying an indie voxel game in 2016
well, that's fine cause when I say "used to", I mean "it's bad now". if you scroll down on that page the review by craparse describes pretty well how it went bad.

the original game still exists under the name BuildAndShoot and is free

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Papercut posted:

play Mei and put ice walls...behind Rein when he thinks he has his team backing him up and then turn into an ice block when you're about to die and then put another wall up when you unfreeze and then run away

I....want to go home right now. lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Zoness posted:

:jerry:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Papercut posted:

Everyone should just have fun by which I mean play Mei and put ice walls in character's faces or behind Rein when he thinks he has his team backing him up and then turn into an ice block when you're about to die and then put another wall up when you unfreeze and then run away

I realised in the random hero brawl that I'm a Mei god so now I want her legendary skins + the skating intro for when I never get play of the game

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

exquisite tea posted:

The hitboxes are slightly larger than the character models because it's more fun to be forgiving to the shooter and hit people, than it is to not hit people. You might think you are simply too good at the game for this kind of inaccuracy to stand, but then I would also remind you of how you probably leapt to your death on Lijiang Tower three matches ago and blew yourself up with your own rockets.

I'm kinda alright for this until its the guys that are taking you out in single shots.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I bump Halo while playing Mercy this feels like the right thing to do. Thank you Beyonce for giving me the confidence to be a strong independent woman who heals scrubs.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I realised in the random hero brawl that I'm a Mei god

"I did great when everyone else couldn't play a good class"

hmm yes good metrics, good metrics indeed...

actually it says here Mei is bad save your points

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mortimer posted:

let me have this please

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Few things in Overwatch make me sadder than losing to a Symmetra because her teleporters just get to sit in complete peace, please do a service to your fellow teammates and upon hearing the "Enemy has a teleporter" -message, switch to Tracer upon your next death in order to destroy it or at the very least find it and inform your team of its location if you can't get to it.

Unless you're in my opposing team of course, in that case do not do that thing and just continue as normal.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Mei is cool, just don't expect to win a lot of fights. I mean, one of her powers is to stop fighting cmon.

Build the walls

MeiAGA

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Has anyone run a full Mei stack with mics full of Donald Trump rally audio yet? I'm sure it has but has one of them made it to youtube?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Why is Lucio considered less useful on Defense than Mercy? That competitive chart posted earlier showed him picked half as often as Mercy on Defense. Is it because his speed boost isn't as needed? I've always thought he was pretty useful on D because your team is often pretty concentrated near the point. After the initial push I usually only use his speed boost to help the team escape ults or get back to the frontlines after a wipe anyway, and those are both still issues on Defense.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Kanfy posted:

Few things in Overwatch make me sadder than losing to a Symmetra because her teleporters just get to sit in complete peace, please do a service to your fellow teammates and upon hearing the "Enemy has a teleporter" -message, switch to Tracer upon your next death in order to destroy it or at the very least find it and inform your team of its location if you can't get to it.

Unless you're in my opposing team of course, in that case do not do that thing and just continue as normal.

what if my team already has a tracer, a reaper and two genjis?

:negative:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mortimer posted:

Be nice.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Imagined posted:

Why is Lucio considered less useful on Defense than Mercy? That competitive chart posted earlier showed him picked half as often as Mercy on Defense. Is it because his speed boost isn't as needed? I've always thought he was pretty useful on D because your team is often pretty concentrated near the point. After the initial push I usually only use his speed boost to help the team escape ults or get back to the frontlines after a wipe anyway, and those are both still issues on Defense.

Speed boost is better for pushing and mercy ult is better on defense to stop people from having to make a long run back

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Expanded hitboxes seems to specifically be for console support, any other PC FPS would just up the projectile speed instead of giving players the feelbads when some hanzo strikes your head a foot to the left of your actual model's head.

The only time increased projectile speed wouldn't be the answer is if it was in a projectile heavy game, I believe I recall Tribes:Ascend having trouble with speed and projectiles because it was a lot of resources for the server and players to track when 80% of weapons were projectiles that fly halfway across the map.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Isn't Roadhog's real name like Mako or something

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Mako Rutledge

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Imagined posted:

Mercy's rez charges incredibly quickly, especially compared to Lucio's miserably slow ult charge time. But perhaps more importantly you're very, very not going to run both in a Hero Limit 1 tournament, nor do I think 2x Mercy is better than Mercy/Lucio even if you could use that. The reason you're seeing Lucio at a lower representation is because Mercy/Symmetra is a lot better than Lucio/Symmetra for those times a team wants to run Symmetra on defense since Mercy can aggressively rez Symmetra if she dies before getting to play a tele.

e: If you look at the raw data he links any time Lucio sees a dip in play it's because Symmetra sees a rise in play so yeah there you go. And obviously Zen is royally hosed lol

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Prav posted:

what if my team already has a tracer, a reaper and two genjis?

:negative:

Then you frown but do it anyway and switch back afterwards, that thing's gotta go. :colbert:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Mercy's rez charges incredibly quickly, especially compared to Lucio's miserably slow ult charge time. But perhaps more importantly you're very, very not going to run both in a Hero Limit 1 tournament, nor do I think 2x Mercy is better than Mercy/Lucio even if you could use that. The reason you're seeing Lucio at a lower representation is because Mercy/Symmetra is a lot better than Lucio/Symmetra for those times a team wants to run Symmetra on defense since Mercy can aggressively rez Symmetra if she dies before getting to play a tele.

e: If you look at the raw data he links any time Lucio sees a dip in play it's because Symmetra sees a rise in play so yeah there you go. And obviously Zen is royally hosed lol

Got ya. Guess I need to put more time into Mercy then. Not that I'll ever be "competitive" but I like to make the optimal plays.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Just don't expect to play mercy to where she is as good as in tournament play when your teammates don't position properly and die properly.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Zoness posted:

Why would you do this

Macaluso posted:

It's Dennis!

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
That's why I just continue calling him Pudge, everyone knows what it means

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

henkman posted:

Speed boost is better for pushing and mercy ult is better on defense to stop people from having to make a long run back

I imagine Mercy is used more for defense because your team has more control over the area, meaning it's safer to damage amp and your deaths will be more concentrated in the area you're defending meaning better ultimates for her.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i counter widowmaker by running up to her, giving her a big hug and letting her die to my total mayhem grenades

I counter Widowmaker as Mercy, by absorbing all of her bullets with my head, and now she isn't shooting people on my team who are actually good.

:smug:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

I realised in the random hero brawl that I'm a Mei god so now I want her legendary skins + the skating intro for when I never get play of the game

I'm so mad at myself for not even trying Mei before spending my 1000 credits on someone else. I want that drat fire fighter skin.

Countblanc posted:

It's probably also to do with preventing snowballs, right? Like many many offense games are won, even at competitive level, by coordinating ults to get a team kill, then just steam rolling to the end before the defense can regroup. Mercy ult is a better counter to this because she can come in when all the offense ults are finished, whereas Lucio needs to use his ult right away to keep his team from dying and in that case the offense just holds the rest of their ults until he's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Brosnan posted:

That's why I just continue calling him Pudge, everyone knows what it means

I actually don't. What is a "Pudge"?