Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hauki
May 11, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Not that i need it, but nonetheless: I killed the loving big bird 3 times now while holding the screaming eagle in hand, still the prophecy wont go off.
Do i need to kill map-big bird instead of aqueduct-big bird?

You've got it in an active weapon swap right? Correct difficulty?
In response to the other dude, I'm pretty sure mine had gems in it and the upgrade worked fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014

killstealing posted:

Panda: this instead of doryani's and a kaom's chest?

I think so. Even a good excuse to run Blood Rage to get a couple of frenzy charges here and there with the Cold to Fire link.

Kaom's is pretty expensive atm compared to Kingsguard, but I think I'm gonna make the switch to these when I can afford it.

Throw in a lvl3 empower, and your discharge is doing almost double base damage from lvl 20 at lvl 26. You can get it to level 28 with both gems corrupt, which is more than double base damage :shepface:. At this point you might be able to almost completely ignore damage passives on the tree and just grab every HP node on the planet.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 8, 2016

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

J posted:

Did you put any gems in the screaming eagle? I've heard those upgrade prophecies don't work right if the item in question has gems in it.

Wonder if my piety kill fails because of that too. Once my electricity works longer than five minutes at a time I'll have to test it again

panda clue
May 23, 2014
I loving love Chris Wilson. He posted this to shut up the whiners:

left is previous, right is current (post-nerf). Skill is unusable garbage now, right guys??

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Zotix posted:

Can you elaborate for someone who recently picked the build up and has watched some of his videos?

Just a personal thing. Damage looks fine, but the mechanics of it don't match how I want to play.

J
Jun 10, 2001

panda clue posted:

Throw in a lvl3 empower, and your discharge is doing almost double base damage from lvl 20 at lvl 26. You can get it to level 28 with both gems corrupt, which is more than double base damage :shepface:. At this point you might be able to almost completely ignore damage passives on the tree and just grab every HP node on the planet.

Just out of curiousity real quick I looked at your current tree and what it would look like ditching damage nodes and grabbing the tireless wheel and the scion life rectangle....that puts the build at 257% max life, :wth:

I'm almost certainly going to try this poo poo as my 2nd character. How is lightning warp for getting around when you have it linked with less duration? I haven't used it in a few leagues, last time I used it, it was rather fucky if you had good cast speed and less duration for the sake of moving around quickly, is it any better now in that regard?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

J posted:

Just out of curiousity real quick I looked at your current tree and what it would look like ditching damage nodes and grabbing the tireless wheel and the scion life rectangle....that puts the build at 257% max life, :wth:

I'm almost certainly going to try this poo poo as my 2nd character. How is lightning warp for getting around when you have it linked with less duration? I haven't used it in a few leagues, last time I used it, it was rather fucky if you had good cast speed and less duration for the sake of moving around quickly, is it any better now in that regard?

I actually tested a set of three 20/20 gems on standard (lw/fc/ld), and its really fast. Right now I have all level 19 gems with no quality and it takes about half a second for a teleport across the screen to fire. All with quality, it is pretty much instant. With the new uber laby, I think a lot of people are going to make making the switch from WB to lightning warp and flame dash, because WB is kinda poopy in trials.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
Has anyone done Uber Lab as Flameblast? Still scared after reading all the 1 shot comments from folks.

I've got ~4.5k HP, and will have blasphemy-temp chains-enfeeble. Flasks will probably be 3 life-basalt-quicksilver.

Do you stay in melee range and circle him to avoid wind slash/telegraphed attacks? Or do you kite around the room and stay at range?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I had a gem in it... thanks, got it now.

New problem:
I got a 6link chest.
RF is worthless in a 6link, as there are 2 supports for it, so that leaves me with discharge.
What supports should i go with in a marauder 10 endurance discharge?

Discharge - Fire Pen - Iron Will - Elemental Focus - controlled Destruction - AoE?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ImsaKidd posted:

Has anyone done Uber Lab as Flameblast? Still scared after reading all the 1 shot comments from folks.

I've got ~4.5k HP, and will have blasphemy-temp chains-enfeeble. Flasks will probably be 3 life-basalt-quicksilver.

Do you stay in melee range and circle him to avoid wind slash/telegraphed attacks? Or do you kite around the room and stay at range?

He hit me for 5k through 6 endurance charges and 11k armour

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

panda clue posted:

I actually tested a set of three 20/20 gems on standard (lw/fc/ld), and its really fast. Right now I have all level 19 gems with no quality and it takes about half a second for a teleport across the screen to fire. All with quality, it is pretty much instant. With the new uber laby, I think a lot of people are going to make making the switch from WB to lightning warp and flame dash, because WB is kinda poopy in trials.

I'm still not sure about the staff thou, it sucks because I have about 3ex tied up in doryanis and I don't want to sell them if it ends up being inferior to use the staff. Kaoms is 5ex as well, so I can barely afford it if i sell my doryanis

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

killstealing posted:

I'm still not sure about the staff thou, it sucks because I have about 3ex tied up in doryanis and I don't want to sell them if it ends up being inferior to use the staff. Kaoms is 5ex as well, so I can barely afford it if i sell my doryanis

Did you try buying cards? I spent about a day picking up cheap cards and got my kaoms for around 100c. This was on day 2-3 though so it might be harder now.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah that's an idea but I don't trust my luck that much - I'm working on 6 socketing my staff and I'm at 300 jeweler orbs & counting

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

killstealing posted:

Yeah that's an idea but I don't trust my luck that much - I'm working on 6 socketing my staff and I'm at 300 jeweler orbs & counting

Median jewlers is ~350, so you're not really unlucky yet.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Any idea what this is worth? I'm not seeing any rings with rarity and that much to resistances on POEtrade so I feel like it's worth asking.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

killstealing posted:

The staff is like 8 chaos and you can play around with it just using the 5L in your kingsguard. That's what im doing this very second!

killstealing posted:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Jeweller%27s_Touch

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
yah but im trying and failing to save money for the kaoms lmao

I suck and dont have a lv20 IC gem so even with 10 charges its not full IC uptime

panda clue
May 23, 2014

killstealing posted:

yah but im trying and failing to save money for the kaoms lmao

I suck and dont have a lv20 IC gem so even with 10 charges its not full IC uptime

get on IRC you dumb nerd so i can talk to you about this gay build

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

YoungSexualNorton posted:

This is pretty similar to one of my favorite builds that I've done throughout the last few hardcore leagues, except with melee splash/double strike as a duelist which didn't need any additional AOE radius so I stayed almost exclusively on the southern part of the tree. Crit is pretty hard to come by, but in my experience the huge multiplier makes it by far the biggest dps boost you can get, especially since you've got a ton of bonus accuracy which is the other concern.

Survivability is actually not that bad if you keep fortify up, use granites, and don't walk face first into gigantic physical attack waves. My deaths have almost never been to physical damage, ironically. It looks like your spec carries enough armor to do alright. I would personally swap out the movement speed for the endurance charge on your ascension, but that may be too much of a HC concern. You're going to be whirling everywhere anyway unless that nerf really killed the skill.

As for the open sockets, I found single target damage a little bit lacking so I used a 4L vaal double strike to drop on bosses. Combined with vaal haste it'll double your dps for however long the duration lasts.

Thanks for this. I forgot about Ancestral Totems and was just considering using Vaal Lightning Strike for single target anyways. Also I forgot Tempest Shield entirely. Right now I guess my planned links would be:

Chest: 5L/6L main attack
3L: WB - Faster Attacks - Fortify/whatever if I have Fortify in main attack
3L: Ice Golem - Blind - Minion Resist
4L: Increased Duration - Blood Rage - CWDT - Tempest Shield
4L: Determination - Blasphemy - Assassin's Mark - Enduring Cry
4L: Ancestral Protector - MPD - Inc Crit Chance - Bloodlust? (I'd want to fit Voidheart into my build)

This skips Vaal Skills entirely but I think it's okay.

I'm not taking the movespeed node for the 10% movespeed, I'm taking it because it makes you completely immune to Freeze, Chill, and Temporal Chains. It's very unintuitively worded and the mechanics are weird but when it says "you cannot be slowed below base speed" it actually refers to "speed" and not "attack speed" or "movement speed" or "cast speed." Tar ground reduces your movement speed and will still impair your movement, but chill and Temp Chains both cut your "speed," freeze sets it to 0%. I mean, it's debatable whether or not an Endurance charge would be better, but I think the QoL upgrade is so huge I really wouldn't want to drop that node. If I really wanted to go all in, I'd consider dropping both that node and the Fortify node for the whole Endurance charge branch but I'm not confident it's better that way.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Welp, looks like I'm not done with my discharger after all. Gonna get that staff and drop RF, and pick up blood rage. Gonna miss that heal from kingsguard though.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Any idea what this is worth? I'm not seeing any rings with rarity and that much to resistances on POEtrade so I feel like it's worth asking.

10C or so maybe. It's a lot like an above average Ventor's Gamble roll, but far from the max potential.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

TheRat posted:

He hit me for 5k through 6 endurance charges and 11k armour

Was that a normal attack, or the melee slash?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

panda clue posted:

get on IRC you dumb nerd so i can talk to you about this gay build

ugh fine

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Vasudus posted:

Welp, looks like I'm not done with my discharger after all. Gonna get that staff and drop RF, and pick up blood rage. Gonna miss that heal from kingsguard though.

idk dude, I don't like it for a few reasons. I've been running double Singularity since you can get an almost perfect rolled one for 1-2c, and I honestly feel its a better choice than Doryani. The staff adds in the cold to fire link, which makes Discharge cost even more mana, which is already sometimes a problem for this build considering I have almost nothing buffing my mana/regen. On top of that, both Singularities have 8% reduced mana cost for 16% total, which makes the switch feel even worse.

Assuming you deal with the mana issues another way (which honestly wouldnt be [i]too[i/] difficult), I'm also losing 35%+ cast speed which makes Discharge feel [i]insanely[/] better to play imo. The actual time spent casting each Discharge feels like almost half what it is with the staff, and at that point, why am I not just casting two Discharges when I need to instead of buffing the damage to only require 1 discharge maybe 20%~ more of the time. Even while theoretically the staff is more DPS, you one shot almost everything anyways, and I'd rather more usability at this point than more damage.

Speaking of damage, I did actually test both double Singularity and the staff on 5Ls in a Wasteland with 80% increased fire resistance. Clearing felt faster with Singularities, and neither were able to outdps Voll's regen with that much fire res :shepface:. I have done him before without the fire res mod, fwiw.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Well I have my Cospri's Will and 6 socketed it but spend 50c or so trying to 6L it. Passed on two different 5L and now have a 4L.

I've also become pretty dependant on Warlord's Mark because the life leech lets me sustain Blood Frenzy, the mana leech means I don't need MGoH jewels and the endurance charges means that I'm running around with 6 power, 5 frenzy and 3 endurance charges at all times.

My Quill Rain/Blast Rain setup is still critting tonnes and I'm not even capped yet and the really nice thing about Assassin is that every bit of my crit applies equally to my spells and attacks.

Current set up is here, character is NotSmallButConcentrated. Although given that the Concentrated Effect is the 6th link it might be a long long time before I run it again...

Is Warlord's Mark worth running long term? Or will an Atziri's Promise and some MGoH jewel's completely obsolete it? I think my second curse has to be Enfeeble for sure as I'm feeling very very squishy (currently running tier 5 maps with only <3.7k health).

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If anything I might just drop RF entirely and run with double singularity. It's getting annoying trying to manage bow staying in range for RF and staying safe as I get into higher tier maps. I'm doing 8s and 9s right now and I've died to some dumb poo poo like getting hit hard, discharging, having RF start to eat my HP, then another mob or pack slamming me. Though the target increase from the patch should help somewhat.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Just to confirm, the damage to hindered enemies should double dip on burns and also apply to RF's damage, right? I assume that a global 'damage' mod just applies to every sort of mechanic.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

panda clue posted:

Just to confirm, the damage to hindered enemies should double dip on burns and also apply to RF's damage, right? I assume that a global 'damage' mod just applies to every sort of mechanic.

From what I've seen, yeah, it applies to everything. And the range is juuuuuuust long enough that my Inc AOE discharge hits things that are under it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

panda clue posted:

yes

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

welp rip server

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Social Media posted:

welp rip server

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Was just going to ask what was going on as the website wont load anything much less a message about downtime.

J
Jun 10, 2001

glad I have my lawyer on retainer for times like this

panda clue
May 23, 2014

J posted:

glad I have my lawyer on retainer for times like this

charan, is that you?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Right when I went to fight Plaza boss too, gg ggg.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
I was waiting on a guy to finish his uber lab run so I could buy an item from him. He was a good 30m into it too. rip that guy.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

"Server guys are fixing. This was a manual configuration mistake and will be corrected very soon. We're really sorry about that mistake, it's not good and won't happen again!"

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Plaza boss is loving nuts, I can't wait to hear the complaints from HC players.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Finally finished uber lab on my pizzablaster. It wasn't easy. I am level 88 and I have one conclusion about the build.

I loving hate flameblast. Rerolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

funmanguy posted:

Finally finished uber lab on my pizzablaster. It wasn't easy. I am level 88 and I have one conclusion about the build.

I loving hate flameblast. Rerolling.

join the poisonquake crew and smash your way to victory with an oversized croquet mallet

• Locked thread