Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

We are going series by series. This isn't the playoffs yet. There is much ogling to be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

criscodisco posted:

Why no love for Jadzia Dax? She was clearly the prettiest Trek cast member.

Close second, behind the black tar thing that killed Tasha :gizz::gizz::gizz:

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

shadow puppet of a posted:

We are going series by series. This isn't the playoffs yet. There is much ogling to be done.

So many TOS babes... I say we start at the beginning!

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Nigmaetcetera posted:

How come Picard didn't retire and write books about the people of Kataan after the events in The Inner Light? I mean, he had a big time interest in archaeology, and he spent something like 40 or 50 years there, wouldn't he want to honor them by telling their story to the galaxy? I mean, it's explicitly what they wanted.

Whoops meant to put this in applewhite's thread, oh well.

He enjoyed being a captain more than archaeologist. They sent the probe to a research institute at the end, so presumably there's some poor ensign somewhere who's job is to get brain jacked and relate what happened.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I was thinking non main members, also there's a lot of hate for Jadzia in these parts. Also she's my wife back off.

Edit: and Vash is hot as gently caress. Good on you Picard!

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

criscodisco posted:

Why no love for Jadzia Dax? She was clearly the prettiest Trek cast member.

There was a usenet group named alt.jadzia.dax.pant.pant.pant back in 1993.

Also: Ashley Judd.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

DS9: Leeta, Garak, and then Vaatrik Pallra the Bajoran collaborator milf that has Quark steal with list of names from the abandoned store on the promenade

Honorable mentions going to the Boslic freighter captain and the Dabo girl that wore a sheer bodysuit with strategic red floral print.

I can't believe I've got three filthy Bajorans on my gently caress list so far. I must admire Gul Dukat that much to even want to think like his benevolence.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

The General posted:

Ishara has the most perfect Android 18 year.

As for trek hotties, Sito Jaxa and Amanda Rogers.

Give me Ensign Robin Lefler as well. For DS9 Ezri, Arandis and the energy character Salli Richardson played.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 9, 2016

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
TOS really was the best trek

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Damnit, I forgot about the badly named "Kamala" from TNG. Sorry space Teri Hatcher, you'll have to settle for Okona, you are off the list.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

girth brooks part 2 posted:

He enjoyed being a captain more than archaeologist. They sent the probe to a research institute at the end, so presumably there's some poor ensign somewhere who's job is to get brain jacked and relate what happened.

I'm pretty sure the thing burnt out at the end of the episode. Poor Kataanians, nobody will ever know of them except through Picard's boring flute recitals. :(

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I think whatever actress played Jadzia had some mental problems that affected the show. At least it's a story I've heard.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Psych bitches I knew the actress was terry Farrell the whole time. loving owned.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Nevermind

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 22, 2022

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

oldpainless posted:

Psych bitches I knew the actress was terry Farrell the whole time. loving owned.

No, she dared to fight for the whole cast to get their contact honored and get a raise in the later seasons, so CBS killed her off unceremoniously and shipped her over to Becker, since she was still under contract.

They went ahead and canned her from Becker when her contact was up, and now she just raises her family and does local theater.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I'm pretty sure the thing burnt out at the end of the episode. Poor Kataanians, nobody will ever know of them except through Picard's boring flute recitals. :(

I wouldn't feel to bad for them. I mean what kind of idiot species sticks their entire history on a one and done probe.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

From what I've read, the actress for Jadzia wanted more loving money and tried to get others to hold out for more. Then after leaving DS9 did the exact same thing with her next job.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

I wouldn't feel to bad for them. I mean what kind of idiot species sticks their entire history on a one and done probe.

A species with limited technology and majestic spirits!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Its the only way out of several time-loops for meddling 29th century federation Timeships. You mark your whole timeline one and done and you get to avoid the temporal gangbang of various galactic powers trying to revive your civlization every few years to change the flap of a butterfy wing on your homeworld.

This way, at most, they go after Picard instead.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

The General posted:

From what I've read, the actress for Jadzia wanted more loving money and tried to get others to hold out for more. Then after leaving DS9 did the exact same thing with her next job.

Read my previous post. It wasn't greed, it was the raise promised in their contact, but CBS didn't want to give it to them. Then on Becker it was the same deal.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Watching the DS9 episode where people start having their imaginations manifest and Quark gets some babes, Sisko gets a baseball player he was a fan of, Bashir gets Slutty Jadzia, and O'Brien gets fuckin' Rumpelstiltskin.

Also baseball has been an extinct sport for 200 years because no one gave a poo poo about it so maybe the future isn't all bad.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Cthulu Carl posted:

Watching the DS9 episode where people start having their imaginations manifest and Quark gets some babes, Sisko gets a baseball player he was a fan of, Bashir gets Slutty Jadzia, and O'Brien gets fuckin' Rumpelstiltskin.

Also baseball has been an extinct sport for 200 years because no one gave a poo poo about it so maybe the future isn't all bad.

O'Brien was going to get a leprechaun but then Colm Meaney said he'd walk out over that

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Cthulu Carl posted:

I like how they never address that Buck Bokai was playing in a diminished talent league at that point and all his records are meaningless when you are being pitched to by lingering, silver-haired groundskeepers and anyone that can provably recall half the rules of the game.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
Season 1 DS9 didn't get good until "Duet" (the one where Kira has to guard a Cardassian war criminal)

The real turning point was when TNG ended; Ron Moore and all the good TNG writers went to DS9, and all the lovely ones from Season 1 went to Voyager and stuck around.

Which is why Voyager is... well, Voyager.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

BattleMaster posted:

O'Brien was going to get a leprechaun but then Colm Meaney said he'd walk out over that

Would have been better if they just had the actor reprise his role as The Well-Dressed Man from Twin Peaks.

"O-BRIEN-GIVE-ME-ALL-OF-YOUR-GARMONBOZIA"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Moved on to the next episode - it's a Troi's mom one. She's already ripped off Quark's ears and is ready to jump Odo's bones. Er, Odo's bucket, I guess.

I'm glad I'm re-watching these instead of doing something productive.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
That tng plot with the bugs trying to take over starfleet was p good it's a shame it was dropped.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Hector Beerlioz posted:

That tng plot with the bugs trying to take over starfleet was p good it's a shame it was dropped.

The way that dude died at the end of it was the best. I think he just exploded?

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Forgot how creepy season 1 Bashir was. Watching "Dax" now. "But not forbidden either" *follows her to her quarters like a loving creep*

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

rocket_man38 posted:

Forgot how creepy season 1 Bashir was. Watching "Dax" now. "But not forbidden either" *follows her to her quarters like a loving creep*

Please.

That's like 2 out of 5 Geordis.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
good god I need that as an avatar, I will degrade myself completely for that as an av

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

I remember watching that air for the first time thinking, "How did that pass the censors?" Yeah, producers seemed to have dropped this for the Borg.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

e:f,b

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Just noticed the uniform changes a few frames in.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Cthulu Carl posted:

Really that alone proves star trek is a utopia to strive for.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I like that Picard's phaser is set to 'Laser Pointer' and Riker's is set to 'Ark of the Covenant'.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

good god I need that as an avatar, I will degrade myself completely for that as an av

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Automatic Slim posted:

I remember watching that air for the first time thinking, "How did that pass the censors?" Yeah, producers seemed to have dropped this for the Borg.

Sort of. When they conceived of the Borg, it was supposed to be those bugs, which is why they said at the end that the bugs had sent a message back to the Delta Quadrant.

Then they realized it would be cheaper to hot glue some rubber hoses to extras and spray paint them black, and the new Borg were born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Ah, that was back when they had the tiny little phasers as well.