Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Funkopop seems like the most forced merchandise since minions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
When's this game supposed to come out again? Is that the final UI design? :gonk:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

I'm happy the tradition of Megaman Youtube Poop lives on.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

I dunno... In general the Funkos are awful, but I definitely prefer their interpretation of Mega Man's left hand...

Edit: I mean, goddamn... I heard that if your hand is bigger than your face, you have cancer, so maybe that's what happened to the franchise.

Lurdiak posted:

What the gently caress is with those proportions. X and Sigma look like they've been resized in Paint.

Everybody in the Classic and X series have huge hands and feet, it's been like that since forever. It wasn't until the Zero series that the designs started shifting towards more human-like proportions.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

gandlethorpe posted:

When's this game supposed to come out again? Is that the final UI design? :gonk:

The 21st.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Gortarius posted:

I love those explosions they show in the trailer. I love 'em. Playstation 1 would be proud.

Barkley 2 Q: Can you add a weapon modifier that plays the pew pew pew voice whenever you shoot it? Bonus if the enemies explode into pizza too.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I always liked the huge feet in Mega Man because it makes sense that you'd want a large surface area contact with the ground to hold up all the heavy robot parts.

Have they ever put out official stats on the characters' weights? If Roll tried to piggyback Dr. Light would it kill him?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Everybody in the Classic and X series have huge hands and feet, it's been like that since forever. It wasn't until the Zero series that the designs started shifting towards more human-like proportions.

Man the X1 armor is cool.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Light Gun Man posted:

I always liked the huge feet in Mega Man because it makes sense that you'd want a large surface area contact with the ground to hold up all the heavy robot parts.

Have they ever put out official stats on the characters' weights? If Roll tried to piggyback Dr. Light would it kill him?

Back in the 8-bit days, I assumed Mega Man was an average sized man. But now, after 30 years of media, I believe that Mega Man's weight is always the exact weight your younger cousin was when you first wanted to finger him.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

The Human Crouton posted:

Back in the 8-bit days, I assumed Mega Man was an average sized man. But now, after 30 years of media, I believe that Mega Man's weight is always the exact weight your younger cousin was when you first wanted to finger him.

:stare:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...? I think you need to phrase that differently?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think Mega's 4 feet tall and about 200 pounds, don't remember where I read it though.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...? I think you need to phrase that differently?

I think that Inafume is a creepy man, and that the lack of detail available in 1987 led us to believe that Mega Man was a robot that shot other robots. As time went on he was able to show us more of his vision. Mega Man and his enemies seemed to get younger, more human, and say "pew, pew, pew!".

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

I think that Inafume is a creepy man, and that the lack of detail available in 1987 led us to believe that Mega Man was a robot that shot other robots. As time went on he was able to show us more of his vision. Mega Man and his enemies seemed to get younger, more human, and say "pew, pew, pew!".

Ohh okay, I think I get it.

Last Celebration posted:

I think Mega's 4 feet tall and about 200 pounds, don't remember where I read it though.

That is a small fat robot right there.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Who weighs more, Megaman or Wolverine?

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Motto posted:

They never made better looking armors than the first, imo. X2's isn't bad though.

For all of his faults, I don't quite think Inafune is creepier than your posting

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

fivegears4reverse posted:

They never made better looking armors than the first, imo. X2's isn't bad though.

X3's is my personal favorite, design wise. Though I do think the Blade Armor might be a tie.

I really like the more prominent v-fins.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Light Gun Man posted:

They also have some giant jets in thier feet for dashing and jumping. Even classic megaman has some red circles on the underside of his feet that do.... something.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Tengames posted:

Even classic megaman has some red circles on the underside of his feet that do.... something.

Dr. Light designed him with the knowledge that, someday, Mega Man would acquire a kick attack from an evil train-shaped robot.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

X3's is my personal favorite, design wise. Though I do think the Blade Armor might be a tie.

I really like the more prominent v-fins.

15 years ago I read the comment on MMHP about how the buster in the X3 armor looks like a Duster Buster, and ever since I can't that the design seriously

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

These would be the new worst posts if I believed they were serious.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Tengames posted:

They also have some giant jets in thier feet for dashing and jumping. Even classic megaman has some red circles on the underside of his feet that do.... something.

Maybe they are like coolant? access? ports and that's where the spikes get in and stab something important that makes him blow up. Bad design if so.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Motto posted:

I will never not love the Falcon Armor from X5.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Gortarius posted:

I love those explosions they show in the trailer. I love 'em. Pizza Hut would be proud.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dammit my wallet doesn't need this right now.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

fivegears4reverse posted:

For all of his faults, I don't quite think Inafune is creepier than your posting

What, you're not a fan of the Ultimate Armour?

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Dabir posted:

Armor the size of a postage stamp.

How about this instead.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dabir posted:

Get that gutter trash out of here.

THIS is the Ultimate Armor. :colbert:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

TopHatGenius posted:

Armor the size of a postage stamp.

Fuckin' wikis.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I beat x4 and have absolutely no memory of the ultimate armor.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm not sure if it's accessible without cheats in X4.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

One gripe I have with MN9 among many, even though I'll never buy the game: That boss fight looks incredibly dull because it's just two small/very far-away characters duking it out in a large, static room. You'd never encounter this in Shovel Knight or Shante because the visuals work on a portable console, hence everything is close-up, legible and expressive. It's why Blackadder 1 was a bit of a misfire with its scope. You can see Rowan Atkinson fall off his horse from 50-feet away and that may as well be anyone, but show him up close and he'll make you laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS12p0Zqlt0

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Motto posted:

I'm not sure if it's accessible without cheats in X4.

The only games you can get it without cheats are X5, X8 and Command Mission.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
The Vermillion Destroyer, Zero Getter Robo Ray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_dzxeDtJWk

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

TaurusOxford posted:

The Vermillion Destroyer, Zero Getter Robo Ray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_dzxeDtJWk

The more I see the more I keep expecting a HD/updated textures patch to be announced at some point.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Light Gun Man posted:

Maybe they are like coolant? access? ports and that's where the spikes get in and stab something important that makes him blow up. Bad design if so.
They're holes for foot pegs, so you can stand him up on Rush Jet or in play sets.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I reckon it's something to keep him stuck to the floor for whatever reason. I mean there's that distinctive Megaman foot sound, so maybe the hole thing is causing that?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
It's how Mega Man poops.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I never noticed OG MM had 'em, I always assumed X's were little jets for his dash. Doesn't his dash animation even have little flames/smoke puffs?

e: I guess it's smoke/dust like this:

but I always kind of imagined it as being smoke from a little jet like this:

also if you want to try to talk about realism in your shooty robots the air dash makes it even more likely they're little jets

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Man look you can see the sparks from the jet burst in that screenshot.