Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

SEKCobra posted:

No idea what you're on about, I'd never buy any on-ears, they are uncomfortable as gently caress. And I sure as hell won't buy anything from Bose, the #1 lifelong spam subscription seller. Because once you buy/look at Bose and they somehow get your data, you'll get their mail for about 20 years.
All I was saying was that yours aren't noise cancelling.

Wow never thought I'd encounter a noise canceling headphone :spergin: lord.

Mine are pretty comfortable and block a lot of the noise since the cover and muffle my entire ear. And they're $10. I like my headphones. Sorry your ears make it difficult to wear these kinds of headphones. Is that good enough for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Mine are pretty comfortable and block a lot of the noise since the cover and muffle my entire ear. And they're $10. I like my headphones. Sorry your ears make it difficult to wear these kinds of headphones. Is that good enough for you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise-cancelling_headphones And as that article states, you usually rely on a closed system, making on-ear not very viable.
Yours don't have any active noise cancellation, therefore not being noise cancelling. Just because you can't hear the outside world because you are listening to something at full volume, that still doesn't make it the same thing. I'm not arguing for it, since I don't care for the technology either, but you are grossly misusing the technical terms.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

By your logic, a car with sport shift is a manual.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I bought the water filter pitcher recommended by rhesweethome. Using it to fill up my ice cube trays and hydration pack. I've noticed my water has less of a chlorine taste already so that's a win.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Josh Lyman posted:

By your logic, a car with sport shift is a manual.

Is that the actual name for the "flappy paddle"?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Coredump posted:

I also bought a Daskeyboard 4 when they were on sale last week. I got the professional with cherry blues.

Damnit. This is the first time I've ever heard of these going on sale. Was it a good drop?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

travisray2004 posted:

Damnit. This is the first time I've ever heard of these going on sale. Was it a good drop?

They went down to $126, 25% off I think. Here's where I heard about it: http://deals.kinja.com/the-most-popular-non-gaming-mechanical-keyboards-are-ch-1779618176

Coredump has a new favorite as of 14:16 on Jun 8, 2016

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I wish somebody made one of these with a modern trackpoint. Apparently the old IBM ones are garbage and Lenovo doesn't make mechanical keyboards any more.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No trackpoint is the modern trackpoint.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

The one's on Lenovo Thinkpad laptops are pretty good. Although the reason a person learns this in the first place is because their trackpads are so god awful you take desperate measures.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

I had some disposable income, but like hell I can afford a Bluetooth soundbar machine.

Oh and some "high speed" broadband too, 11mbps, wooharr. Thanks BT.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought an Acer Aspire :lol:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
After almost 10 years of using my old Philips HD ready TV (with the weird 1366*768 resolution), and using it for PC couch gaming, I upgraded it to this proper new model that can finally handle decent resolution and frequency.

Sony Bravia KDL-40W705

It's so different and looks so much better now with a TV that can handle a gaming source. It's even more beautiful and fluid than what I imagined it would look like.

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 23:11 on Jun 8, 2016

absolem
May 21, 2014

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 [is] immoral
insofar as it is coercive towards someone, yes

I am retarded and compassion is overrated.

AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS

mobby_6kl posted:

I wish somebody made one of these with a modern trackpoint. Apparently the old IBM ones are garbage and Lenovo doesn't make mechanical keyboards any more.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/tex-yoda

Id really like one of these, even though it's a 60%

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

I bought an Acer Aspire :lol:

Why?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why not? I bought one years ago and it has suited my needs. Building your own is for dumb-rear end children and buying a custom-made PC just means "shittier warranty".

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I blew up my M3 and melted down

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Not that it really matters but I find it funny that no one who has tried to refute my argument has managed to come off with an intelligent point.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fayez Butts posted:

Not that it really matters but I find it funny that no one who has tried to refute my argument has managed to come off with an intelligent point.

Who even remembers what this is about?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Bape Culture posted:

I blew up my M3 and melted down

Please have more meltdowns and link to your build thread please. Is that a t56 magnum? Which LS is that? What flavor of M3 did you have?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Now I want an LS3 in my '98 C5. You even made me google it and found someone's build page saying how easy it was.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

davebo posted:

Now I want an LS3 in my '98 C5. You even made me google it and found someone's build page saying how easy it was.

Is a swap from LS1 to LS3 worth the trouble?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Coredump posted:

Please have more meltdowns and link to your build thread please. Is that a t56 magnum? Which LS is that? What flavor of M3 did you have?

LS3 with a lairy cam. Tremec 6060. Looked at magnum but I think I'll be okay coz circuit car not drag launches etc. CAE shifter should make it feel spectacular. Plus I think I'll be the only one in the world! E46 (the best one). I want 500hp/ton.

Build thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717784

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I bought 10 indoor cycling sessions on Groupon and I'm too intimidated to go to them. I hate gyms.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Mu Zeta posted:

I bought 10 indoor cycling sessions on Groupon and I'm too intimidated to go to them. I hate gyms.

Do it fatso. No one's gonna judge you or care you're there sweating and gasping for breath after only 3 minutes.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Sony Bravia KDL-40W705

I just got a Sony and it's awesome except for the lovely adware/bloatware (DirecTV, etc.) plastered all over the main menu. And it crashes sometimes :( There's methods to remove the "Sony Recommendations" bar on the menu but mine keep coming back.

Looks amazing, though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought some sparkling green tea that was not sparkling and now I am very mad.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Aramek posted:

Is that the actual name for the "flappy paddle"?
No, flappy paddle is a manual with paddle shifters like F1 cars.

Sport shift is an automatic where you and move the gear shifter to the side and shove it forward or backward to shift.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

No, flappy paddle is a manual with paddle shifters like F1 cars.

Sport shift is an automatic where you and move the gear shifter to the side and shove it forward or backward to shift.

Some people call them "manumatics", thinking it magically turns the transmission into a manual when they move the lever over to control the gear changes. Nope, it's still an automatic, you're just overriding the computer.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Regulars at any gym will only notice/care about you if you are insanely hot and/or insanely rude. Otherwise, to put it in terms you are more familiar with, you are the white noise GBS poster in a PYF thread and most people won't even read the words you

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Building your own is for dumb-rear end children

You sure are smug about being wrong aren't cha?

But as someone who works on computers, take the loving Acer back. They're a bottom tier company who makes a really terrible product.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

treiz01 posted:

You sure are smug about being wrong aren't cha?

But as someone who works on computers, take the loving Acer back. They're a bottom tier company who makes a really terrible product.

He's Acer tier

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Buying a pre made computer is like paying $1,000 for a Men's Warehouse suit instead of getting MTM.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

flosofl posted:

Some people call them "manumatics", thinking it magically turns the transmission into a manual when they move the lever over to control the gear changes. Nope, it's still an automatic, you're just overriding the computer.

It's a perfectly good portmanteau and you're the only one who thinks magic is involved.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

Buying a pre made computer is like paying $1,000 for a Men's Warehouse suit instead of getting MTM.

Actually it's like paying 400.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

It's a perfectly good portmanteau and you're the only one who thinks magic is involved.

? It doesn't change the transmission into a manual is what I was trying to say. It's still an automatic transmission.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

PCOS Bill posted:

He's Acer tier

Hah! I like it. Serious talk though people. As someone who takes computers apart for a living, don't buy Acer.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

treiz01 posted:

Hah! I like it. Serious talk though people. As someone who takes computers apart for a living, don't buy Acer.

I bought a refurbished Acer 27" 4k monitor for like $180. Will I regret this?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

nocal posted:

Regulars at any gym will only notice/care about you if you are insanely hot and/or insanely rude. Otherwise, to put it in terms you are more familiar with, you are the white noise GBS poster in a PYF thread and most people won't even read the words you

drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

colas posted:

Is a swap from LS1 to LS3 worth the trouble?

Definitely not, it's just a thing that I want but won't do.

Instead I bought more beer.