Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm going to poop in the voting booth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

We just have these little plastic podium things with flag-festooned dungeon master screedns, so that's a no-go for me.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That's what Tupperware is for

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Men should have the right to slap women

To end all domestic violence. Because not being able to slap her just makes men raging and they end up bashing her head instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4vVR9aPx50

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Okay so I'll just put you down for Green Party.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I keep seeing posts on Tumblr of people begging everyone to vote for Hillary now that is not going to get elected, often mentioning that the last time this happened Bush was elected. I don't know how much that is worth but at least some Bernie Bros (really? that's their name?) seem to know what they are doing.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Green party's antivaxx as gently caress so please point that out to your idiot Bernie bro friends and make fun of their support of Big Polio.

Well they don't outright say it in their health platform but it's got all the markers of idiot pseudoscience bullshit that antivaxx jerks spout.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Someone condense the last page and a half of posts into a facebook comment chain and post it here

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Don't vote for Trump, even ironically.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Otisburg posted:

Hey, uh, that's some really good D&D positing about what pragmatic, cool voters you are for supporting HRC in this, the IOSM thread. Good posts, enjoy reading them.

*Starts slowly reaching for the LoB-signal while maintaining eye contact.*

Yea, becuase social media is not a place where people discuss politics at all. Basically people are either being idiots because of the election or the Stanford rape case, and the election is way less depressing.

paradoxGentleman posted:

I keep seeing posts on Tumblr of people begging everyone to vote for Hillary now that is not going to get elected, often mentioning that the last time this happened Bush was elected. I don't know how much that is worth but at least some Bernie Bros (really? that's their name?) seem to know what they are doing.

But you see Hillary is worse, because there's all these scandals involving her that are totally not manufactured by the GOP machine.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
The Presidency should not be handed off between two political families.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Green party's antivaxx as gently caress so please point that out to your idiot Bernie bro friends and make fun of their support of Big Polio.

"Bernie Bros" don't have kids so they don't care.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Byzantine posted:

The Presidency should not be handed off between two political families.

TBF only one of them is really a political family. :v:

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
The Green Party in the UK used to be a decent local government/protest vote, but then Natalie Bennett became leader, and it became a mess. Not only did they decide that someone who was born in Australia and lived there until she was 33 (and still has a strong accent) would be someone the British public would be likely to pick as thier head of state, but she gave some very rambling and incoherent speeches during the 2015 general election. Then she ran on a series of bizzare policies which didn't effect the average voter, like banning bullfighting and keeping apes as pets, or things that are really against the public mood, like unbanning terrorist groups, nationalising football companies, scrapping road buliding, and turning army bases into wildlife sanctuaries. The most awakard moment was when asked about how any of her ideas would be funded was to stop talking and leave long moments of silence, coughing and mumbling.

The only reason they weren't the worst (non-satirical) party running in the last British General Election was because UKIP and Nigel 'please pay attention to me and my casual racism' Farage took up so much media attention. What is it with Green Parties being a bit....odd?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Having grown up in Germany I am used to the green party having at least some power and not being that crazy/lovely.

twistedmentat posted:

But you see Hillary is worse, because there's all these scandals involving her that are totally not manufactured by the GOP machine.

Hey buddy, no smoke without fire

TRUMP/PALIN 2K16 :patriot:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

That's what Tupperware is for

Or an absentee ballot

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Haha did you seriously just quote yourself to make a joke? :v:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fathis Munk posted:

Haha did you seriously just quote yourself to make a joke? :v:

:laffo: yeah I think he did.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
Got a hot take here.

http://imgur.com/gallery/NZYrPaE

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
At least comments are calling him out on his lovely opinion.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

At least the top comments are all calling him a stupid dick.

Dammit Fathis!

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Having to type out "First thing's first, rape is bad ok." should set off some kind of alarm in your brain to just stop typing immediately.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

MizPiz posted:

TBF only one of them is really a political family. :v:

Same difference. Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton was bullshit in 2008 and it's not any better now just because a non-dynastic snuck in there.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I think there's a pretty big difference between a family where political power is passed down between generations like the Bushes and a family where a husband and a wife have both held important political power, especially if they both come from families without a history of political power, like the Clintons. One is nepotism, one is two people who have a lot in common including career ambitions getting married.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

BobbyK posted:

Having to type out "First thing's first, rape is bad ok." should set off some kind of alarm in your brain to just stop typing immediately.

"I'm not a rapist but....."

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Madkal posted:

"........I am, however, a libertarian"?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BobbyK posted:

Oh, don't worry, he's definitely not victim blaming!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I hate being reminded that imgur is not merely a no-hassle image hosting service.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I started reading his bullshit but fatfingered something on my keyboard and the page jumped to https://imgur.com/gallery/vYQZ6

Much better

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

BobbyK posted:

Someone condense the last page and a half of posts into a facebook comment chain and post it here

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
can someone link me to the "I am, however, a libertarian" post? I'll miss that thread title.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

OldMemes posted:

The Green Party in the UK used to be a decent local government/protest vote, but then Natalie Bennett became leader, and it became a mess. Not only did they decide that someone who was born in Australia and lived there until she was 33 (and still has a strong accent) would be someone the British public would be likely to pick as thier head of state, but she gave some very rambling and incoherent speeches during the 2015 general election. Then she ran on a series of bizzare policies which didn't effect the average voter, like banning bullfighting and keeping apes as pets, or things that are really against the public mood, like unbanning terrorist groups, nationalising football companies, scrapping road buliding, and turning army bases into wildlife sanctuaries. The most awakard moment was when asked about how any of her ideas would be funded was to stop talking and leave long moments of silence, coughing and mumbling.

The only reason they weren't the worst (non-satirical) party running in the last British General Election was because UKIP and Nigel 'please pay attention to me and my casual racism' Farage took up so much media attention. What is it with Green Parties being a bit....odd?

Funnily enough the Australian Greens party is doing pretty well and is not staffed by loonies. Maybe the Aus Greens didn't want her?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

nerdz posted:

can someone link me to the "I am, however, a libertarian" post? I'll miss that thread title.

I can't find it in the thread, but here's the source: https://www.reddit.com/r/changemyview/comments/4i0cvz/cmv_the_age_of_consent_should_be_lowered_to_14/

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Madkal posted:

"Don't worry my friend was a rape victim and they agree with me that..."

I was going to go further but I can't even ironically say this stuff. I don't have the LoB confidence.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

quote:

He is a 2016 presidential candidate running for the Libertarian Party.
Some of you may be willing to vote for him because he is not Trump or Clinton, but here is some more information about him.

He spent 8 years as the Governor of New Mexico.
He is fiscally conservative, and socially liberal.

Fiscally for:
Reducing subsidies
Reducing defense spending
Balancing the budget to decrease government debt
Eliminating the double taxation created by taxing both corporations and employees income tax
Eliminating federal income tax and replacing it with a 23% sales tax, so money isn't taxed before you used it
Pro FairTax
Eliminating free trade barriers created by lobbies

Socially for:
Separation of church and state
Gay Marriage
Legalization of prostitution to make its safer
Legalization of marijuana to reduce crime rates, violence, and government spending on prisoners
Pro Choice
Education reform (leaving education to the states)
State run environmental cleanup programs
Pro Gun
Removing Obamacare
Opening the border to increase the taxes paid by immigrants
Raising retirement age to 70 to reduce government costs

No candidate is perfect, but know all of your candidates before you cast your ballot.
Ron Swanson Tax

WOAH Front Page

Shameless plug for @wholelottaderp 's website about voting third party
https://www.burnmyvote.org

See if you can tell if it was made by an imgurian.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

just as a note, this is what happened recently in the national libertarian convention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d45x4OpMoow

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Imgur "tax" is the dumbest concept I've come across. Harmlessly pandering, but still dumb.

"I didn't like your post until you posted a cat picture at the end, now you got my upboot here have an upvote gif to see how much I enjoyed your post"

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Gary Johnson stuff

Haha holy crap a 23% federal sales tax? That would be a massive tax increase for everyone not making, like at least 120k/yr.

e: Just checked, a single filer hits a 23% tax burden at 140k/yr takehome.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Who do you think most libertarians are or aspire to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The Saddest Rhino posted:

just as a note, this is what happened recently in the national libertarian convention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d45x4OpMoow

Let's be honest, that made the libertarian convention more entertaining than either of the other two. The only thing that could top it is if riots did actually break out.

Edit:

goose fleet posted:

Who do you think most libertarians are or aspire to be

Some combination of Elon Musk and Clint Eastwood.