Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Well internet reporters seem very adamant that Steppenwolf is the villain of part one, so I assume that it'll be "Steppenwolf and some New Gods are the recon/heralds/occupying force Darkseid sends, they're pushed back by the League, Darkseid decides if he wants something done right..." which would have him either as a minor role or being introduced towards the end of it. I have to imagine keeping him as the major villain will be kept for the sequel. My guess is the main closure of the story they're going to go for will be the the Superman arc of going from the unsure man of MoS and BvS to defending His World and standing in the face of Gods, now having risen from the grave, Wonder Woman finding her faith in man again, Bruce regaining hope, Flash and Cyborg proving themselves, Aquaman being... Aquaman (I guess his main arc in JL will be, from stuff that's been mentioned, that Atlanteans and Amazons are not on good terms, and his arc will be learning to forgive and accept Diana as an equal and a partner), that sort of stuff. Delivering emotional closure to the stuff in BvS rather than straight plot bows beyond the Steppenwolf stuff.

I also assume we'll find out who is playing some of the New Gods at SDCC and I bet Willem Dafoe is Highfather or some poo poo. And supposedly Javier Bardem has been in negotiations, and I can only imagine if you're looking for a Darkseid...

That would be fascinating, by the way. Two No Country alums playing the galactic-level, end boss baddies of two comics publishers in big crossover blockbuster event pictures that basically tentpole an entire year for their respective studios alongside one other huge property (Star Wars and Harry Potter). How different the industry has gotten since 2007.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jim Gordon gonna be jacked in Justice League apparently.

https://twitter.com/itsNeha_/status/740325146666356739

I keep telling myself it's fake, but I just... I don't know.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

teagone posted:

Commissioner Gordon: the 7th member of the Justice League. :black101:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

teagone posted:

There's no way that's real. :stare:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Another photo. You be the judge:

https://twitter.com/CallMeTopes/status/740329752548900864

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmaooo a ~65 year old mans triceps are as big as my calf muscles thats fuckin' awesome, good for him. Even with a daily trainer that had to be a mountain of effort.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Though to be honest, Simmons looked pretty fit in Whiplash. The guy has a really solid foundation to build on for an older dude.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Christ Almighty.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Simmons has always been a beefy guy, but good god almighty

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE1RkVuvvJl/

Zack Snyder gives everyone compulsive gym disease it seems, even his photographer (Clay Enos) is loving ripped to shreds

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I'm pretty sure those photos are from his audition reading for Snyder.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The Cameo posted:

Zack Snyder gives everyone compulsive gym disease it seems, even his photographer (Clay Enos) is loving ripped to shreds

Was just about to post a link to that instagram. poo poo is confirmed real, lmao. J.K. Simmons went HAM in Gainsville.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Holy poo poo. I'm doubly impressed with the super old school arm blaster being used, but that's impressive. I hope I'm still moving weights if I get to his age. Life goals.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

bring back old gbs posted:

lmaooo a ~65 year old mans triceps are as big as my calf muscles thats fuckin' awesome, good for him. Even with a daily trainer that had to be a mountain of effort.

Its just diet, exercise and a personal trainer. Oh and a shitload of HGH.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
JacKed Simmons. That's dope. Whiplash was the first time I was really blown away by him, even with his great JJ performance. I heard he was scary as gently caress on Oz, and I believe it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

The Cameo posted:

Well internet reporters seem very adamant that Steppenwolf is the villain of part one, so I assume that it'll be "Steppenwolf and some New Gods are the recon/heralds/occupying force Darkseid sends, they're pushed back by the League, Darkseid decides if he wants something done right..." which would have him either as a minor role or being introduced towards the end of it. I have to imagine keeping him as the major villain will be kept for the sequel. My guess is the main closure of the story they're going to go for will be the the Superman arc of going from the unsure man of MoS and BvS to defending His World and standing in the face of Gods, now having risen from the grave, Wonder Woman finding her faith in man again, Bruce regaining hope, Flash and Cyborg proving themselves, Aquaman being... Aquaman (I guess his main arc in JL will be, from stuff that's been mentioned, that Atlanteans and Amazons are not on good terms, and his arc will be learning to forgive and accept Diana as an equal and a partner), that sort of stuff. Delivering emotional closure to the stuff in BvS rather than straight plot bows beyond the Steppenwolf stuff.

According to one supposed leak, Justice League is about Steppenwolf invading to recover three Mother Boxes (whatever those are) that were left behind the last time Darkseid invaded Earth and was repulsed by an alliance of Atlantis, the Amazons, and humans.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!

Cythereal posted:

According to one supposed leak, Justice League is about Steppenwolf invading to recover three Mother Boxes (whatever those are) that were left behind the last time Darkseid invaded Earth and was repulsed by an alliance of Atlantis, the Amazons, and humans.

Eh. I hope they bring the Anti-Life Equation into it.

Not the stupid one from the recent comics though; just the concept.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

A Major and a Batou spottted in downtown Hong Kong

http://imgur.com/gallery/cUPBt

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

The Cameo posted:

Holy poo poo, a real life master roshi!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Alan Sepinwall (TV Critic) talked about chatting with Simmons and Simmons telling him he wanted to get in shape since he saw himself in Oz and thought he looked too fat.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DrVenkman posted:

Alan Sepinwall (TV Critic) talked about chatting with Simmons and Simmons telling him he wanted to get in shape since he saw himself in Oz and thought he looked too fat.

Apparently a whole bunch of the actors in Oz started hitting the weights when season 1 started screening and they realised what they looked like naked :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
WB have signed Sacha Baron Cohen to star in Mandrake the Magician

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/sacha-baron-cohen-mandrake-the-magician-1201790878/

I guess they're banking on Doctor Strange making comicbook magicians cool again, or at least bankable. It's kind of amazing how many comicbook characters created in the 1930s are getting movies these days

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Sam Jones and Billy Zane better cameo.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Oh yeah. Most def need Flash Gordon and the Phantom.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

~DEFENDERS~

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
What's the odds that they're not planning on a Defenders shared universe?

Edit: poo poo, do Paramount still have the rights to The Phantom? That'd be a spanner in the works.

Edit 2: Fox own Flash Gordon, there ain't gonna be any Defenders film

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 8, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Obviously they're going for the Arkham Asylum look for Gordon. He was pretty buff in that one.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently a whole bunch of the actors in Oz started hitting the weights when season 1 started screening and they realised what they looked like naked :v:

Very ambitious, since the average life span of a character in HBO's Oz was two episodes.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

WB have signed Sacha Baron Cohen to star in Mandrake the Magician

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/sacha-baron-cohen-mandrake-the-magician-1201790878/

I guess they're banking on Doctor Strange making comicbook magicians cool again, or at least bankable. It's kind of amazing how many comicbook characters created in the 1930s are getting movies these days

:allears:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope it's comics accurate and the whole movie is him just saying "I'm so loving rich. I know so many loving spells." Readily dispatching low level gangsters who don't stand a chance. Every once in a while saying "virtual reality!" and turning sand into a cake while onlookers go "Wow! So magical!" Giving a tour of his mansion all like "Yeah this is the orb of power. I could destroy the world with it easily."

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

greatn posted:

"This -- orb of power. Could destroy world -- easily."

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cool Injustice 2 trailer. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX0WA6yIZ7I

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Looks in line with the DC movies released so far - so dark you can't see a goddamn thing, muted colors and moody Superman. The twist is...they all look like Transformers now! I kid, I kid - that was pretty sweet

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Is that Bryan Cranston?

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I couldn't stop laughing that EVERYONE has auto-armoring suits after the shot/shot/shot/shot of everyone powering it on.

I'm going to guess that's a gameplay feature in the new one, but drat was that kinda masturbatory.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Mortanis posted:

I couldn't stop laughing that EVERYONE has auto-armoring suits after the shot/shot/shot/shot of everyone powering it on.

I'm going to guess that's a gameplay feature in the new one, but drat was that kinda masturbatory.

drat you boon!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mortanis posted:

Kinda cool for Flash's boots, Batman always had that poo poo so what can ya do, but then Supergirl and Superman's mech suits start assembling and it goes full retard. I love the Injustice comics but that trailer was toooo much. That couldn't have been Blur studios, right? I don't think they'd release something with such poor action choreography.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

pretty sick that Batman's fully-armored look is Beyond

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

setafd posted:

pretty sick that Batman's fully-armored look is Beyond

It looked Kingdom Come to me.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I feel dumb for even stretching my brain this far but in the Injustice universe people have been coming at Superman with kryptonite, magic, nukes, red sun energy, alien armies, ancient pantheons and Kryptonian HGH pills for five years straight so some extra contingency armor actually isn't a terrible idea.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
It's a gameplay thing, you get different armor for characters that affects their stats, seems like a terrible idea for a fighting game but w/e it's not like the MK team has ever been primarily balance-oriented (still bugs me tho just cuz I like being certain that me being bad at fighting games is the reason i lost)

• Locked thread