Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pelleas
Apr 24, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K_EpsjGpeQ&t=8s

Robbie Lawler scares me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

drat, I wanted to post this.

Robbie Lawler is scary.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Sometimes I think about how lucky we are to have organizations like the UFC around because, like, imagine if Robbie Lawler or Mark Hunt were just untethered and wandering the streets

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

DoombatINC posted:

Sometimes I think about how lucky we are to have organizations like the UFC around because, like, imagine if Robbie Lawler or Mark Hunt were just untethered and wandering the streets

Be nice to everyone you meet so secret warlords don't steal your soul with violence

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Saying you would literally kill your opponent usually comes off sounding corny, but Lawler really pulled it off there.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Speaking of Conor, Forbes says he made $22M this year, good for #85 on their athlete list. $18M of that is salary and only $4M endorsements.

e:

quote:

UFC star Conor McGregor fought three times over the past 12 months, including headlining two of the three best-selling UFC fights ever on pay-per-view. UFC 194 where McGregor knocked out Jose Aldo in 13 seconds had 1.2 million buys. McGregor lost to Nate Diaz at UFC 196 (their rematch will be at UFC 202 in August) which sold a massive 1.5 million units. His cut of PPV revenue pushed McGregor's earnings in the Octagon to $18 million. The Irishman also banked an estimated $4 million outside the Octagon through appearances and endorsement partners Reebok, Fanatics, Monster Energy, BSN, Bud Light, Rolls Royce and Electronic Arts.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lmfao the corner audio for rockhold's corner is fantastic. when he gets dropped until about 5 seconds after the ref waves it off there's just dead silence, eventually pierced with "gently caress!!!"

Oh, wow. That's something.

"Use the Jab!" - Daniel Cormier. Guess he's dropped Luke twice now.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

More from the same interview

https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/740690017832579073

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i love him

mewse
May 2, 2006

threeagainstfour posted:

Robbie Lawler is scary.

Channeling Hendo there

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

This might be one of the coolest, scariest things I've ever seen. No hint of mirth or irony, just a statement of fact.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

DoombatINC posted:

I've said that many times. Robbie having an outlet to channel his violence has likely saved countless lives.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

When Connor shot the only thing I could think of was Matt Huges I think story about guys wanting out and giving up an arm or whatever.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
It's actually lame to say you'd "steal someone's soul" because it's a weird high concept confusing thing to say and it doesn't mean anything.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Work Friend Keven posted:

When Connor shot the only thing I could think of was Matt Huges I think story about guys wanting out and giving up an arm or whatever.

Is That the one guy that Hughes just laughed and kept hitting him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

It's actually lame to say you'd "steal someone's soul" because it's a weird high concept confusing thing to say and it doesn't mean anything.

It does in the context of fighting because it's a pretty common euphemism for beating someone until they give up and then beating them some more - something Robbie lawler is capable of doing. Imo anyway.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Yeah the point of Hughes story is that he's a freakin jerkwad!! But the concept.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Web forum all atheist, think souls are real (but strictly in a dungeons and dragons sense where liches can digest one over 1d4 turns)

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
h e was talkin about dark souls

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
I can't wait until Bisping loses and he goea from "always been good" to "always been bad".

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

He's always been ok

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He's gotten better recently. Parillo has done a lot to clean up his boxing.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dan Didio posted:

Guess he's dropped Luke twice now.

:thurman:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Web forum all atheist, think souls are real (but strictly in a dungeons and dragons sense where liches can digest one over 1d4 turns)

Keven I don't say this enough but I appreciate your A+ posting game.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Eagerly awaiting Conor's twitter reply from his hidden Icelandic bunker.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun random fact, some of the devs from EVE Online train at the same gym in Iceland as Gunner and McGregor. Same with a few dudes I know from Iceland.

Granted its like the only gym in Iceland but that's pretty neat. Apparently the gym is pretty nice given the location and country its in.

There's also a penis museum in Reykjavik so maybe that's why Conor goes there. To check out the dicks.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Unfunny Poster posted:

Fun random fact, some of the devs from EVE Online train at the same gym in Iceland as Gunner and McGregor. Same with a few dudes I know from Iceland.

they were sponsoring him for a while and he even did this weird thing where he grappled like 15 dudes from the company for reasons I'm still not aware of

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

-Atom- posted:

they were sponsoring him for a while and he even did this weird thing where he grappled like 15 dudes from the company for reasons I'm still not aware of

Yeah I remember that. It was some random sponsorship thing they thought would be funny, which it sort of was in their own weird Icelandic way.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
i too love robert lawler

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

In the Brock interview, it sounds like he's just now gearing up to train now. Wouldn't that be far too short of a camp?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

A friend of mine did one of those art giveaway deals on his blog and I won, so now I get to pick whatever I want that'll fit on a 2.5x3.5 card and he will sketch it for me. I've gone back and forth on a few ideas but now I'm going to crowd source it, what should it be of?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Rich Franklin's nose after Silva smushed it with his shin.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Bluedeanie posted:

A friend of mine did one of those art giveaway deals on his blog and I won, so now I get to pick whatever I want that'll fit on a 2.5x3.5 card and he will sketch it for me. I've gone back and forth on a few ideas but now I'm going to crowd source it, what should it be of?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9vdoX3Ju0

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

the answer was so simple, I didn't see it when it was right in front of me this whole time

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

Robbie lawler dressed like the Harry Potter monster that steals souls stealing conor's soul

Titodick.jpg

Don (d)Raper with his hand on Michael Bisping's shoulder like a proud father.

Mark hunt exiting the octagon via staircase of clouds hand in hand with Samoan Jesus to a KFC in the sky.

Quil mulhern.

Frank Edgar crying.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

Robbie lawler dressed like the Harry Potter monster that steals souls stealing conor's soul

Titodick.jpg

Don (d)Raper with his hand on Michael Bisping's shoulder like a proud father.

Mark hunt exiting the octagon via staircase of clouds hand in hand with Samoan Jesus to a KFC in the sky.

Quil mulhern.

Frank Edgar crying.

All of these are good. I think I'll do roidtech for this one but I like his style so I might become a ~patron of the arts~ and commission a batch

Thank you all for helping me pump more weird mma fanart into a market so thoroughly cornered by hassy, my friends

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
https://twitter.com/KevinI/status/740691886080331776

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

JHomer722 posted:

In the Brock interview, it sounds like he's just now gearing up to train now. Wouldn't that be far too short of a camp?

He had to have been training for years to compete with the elite athletes in professional wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Robbie Lawler is the best.

• Locked thread