Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
In the end, the better team remained in the 1. Bundesliga. Sucks for Nürnberg though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
C'mon, Würzburg make us Franconians proud tomorrow!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

carding two Franks for wasting time and then not adding a single minute to stoppage time was a serious dick move by the ref

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Watching Duisburg just now and you know what? They deserve to get relegated. This is so bad that I'm almost happy to be a Sechzger. It's even below our subpar quality.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

frankenfreak posted:

C'mon, Würzburg make us Franconians proud tomorrow!

:unsmith:

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

AlexF posted:

Watching Duisburg just now and you know what? They deserve to get relegated. This is so bad that I'm almost happy to be a Sechzger. It's even below our subpar quality.

The team that forced 1.FCN into the relegation match, you mean? :gonk:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

dear whoever ends up making the DFB thread for the Euro, this absolutely needs to be in the OP

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

lol at Max Kruse still in there

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
That Özil is hugely dissappointing. Höwedes and Löw rule though.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Lmao ter Stegen

I was gonna complain about Leno getting exactly two shots at his goal, neither of which he had a chance to get, but I'll take it compared to the abuse ter Stegen will take after this

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I can't believe ter Stegen's bad luck. At least this game is pretty entertaining now.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I hope this is the usual "tournament team" antics and that we are not really going to be horrible at the Euros.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Yesterday's Mickey Mouse game was not an indication of how well we'll do at the Euro (which we'll win), no

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I'm back, let the shitposting resume

rip Nürnberg
rip #DieMannschaft

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Die Club, Die.

gently caress this man shaft.

Germany thread open this evening probably.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778200

Criticize whatever you like, I'm not changing it for fear of work.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Kicktipp is dead, long live the Kicktipp! Sorry I dropped out this year, I forgot one too many days and sorta lost the wil to live keep playing. Without further ado, here's the standings as well as the Bonus results:

Lovin' those final game tipps, lads. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll sit here and celebrate my singular Tagessieg. If you want to check out the results yourself, you have one loving day before I reset the Kicktipp to EM 2016. Should we invite the rest of the forum?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The more, the merrier.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I should've gone for an extremely funny 69-0 tipp for the cup final but I wanted to overtake frankenfreak so I went for a boring, normal tipp (and still lost).

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Katana Gomai posted:

Kicktipp is dead, long live the Kicktipp! Sorry I dropped out this year, I forgot one too many days and sorta lost the wil to live keep playing. Without further ado, here's the standings as well as the Bonus results:

Lovin' those final game tipps, lads. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll sit here and celebrate my singular Tagessieg. If you want to check out the results yourself, you have one loving day before I reset the Kicktipp to EM 2016. Should we invite the rest of the forum?

Nah m8 gently caress em kicktipp is bundesliga thread territory.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

hopterque posted:

Nah m8 gently caress em kicktipp is bundesliga thread territory.

:yeah:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://twitter.com/FCAugsburg/status/738397522562043904

With Weinzierl to Schalke being official, Augsburg have signed Schuster from Darmstadt.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

The will-he-won't-he got pretty absurd towards the end, like an interview with Weinzierl in the Augsburger Allgemeine where he openly stated "Yep, I'm going to Schalke" and the FCA facebook saying like two days later that "Entgegen anderslautender Meldungen kann ein Wechsel von Markus Weinzierl zum FC Schalke 04 nicht bestätigt werden.", even though literally everybody knew what was up. Here's hoping that Schuster will continue his good work in Augsburg.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

EM Kicktipp has begun, tipp tipp tipp!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
well then

https://twitter.com/Tim_Wiese/status/739845740332224512

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
:thejoke:

WHAT A BREAKFAST
Jan 13, 2006
I tend to forget about Kicktipp (but still check Comunio every single day), but I'd give it a chance. Login?

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004
https://www.kicktipp.de/goons/

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/Tim_Wiese/status/740180862747193344

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
In less funny new, former Bayer Leverkusen and Union Berlin coach Sascha Lewandowski has been found dead in his appartement :(

quote:

Trauer und Entsetzen im deutschen Fußball: Der ehemalige Bundesliga-Trainer Sascha Lewandowski ist im Alter von nur 44 Jahren gestorben. Lewandowski wurde bereits am Mittwoch tot in seiner Wohnung aufgefunden, wie die ermittelnde Staatsanwaltschaft und die Polizei Bochum am Donnerstagmorgen bestätigten.

Einzelheiten über die Todesursache sind noch nicht bekannt oder werden zumindest nicht veröffentlicht. "Es ist ein laufendes Verfahren. Mehr können wir dazu derzeit nicht sagen", teilte Staatsanwalt Andreas Bachmann mit.

Sascha Lewandowski war Anfang März beim Berliner Zweitligisten 1. FC Union wegen eines Burnout-Syndroms zurückgetreten, das auch "funktionelle Herzbeschwerden verursachte". Die Eisernen trauern, sie stellten ein Schwarz-Weiß-Foto Lewandowskis auf ihre Internetseite. "Wir sind tief bestürzt und unglaublich traurig. Unsere aufrichtige Anteilnahme und unser tiefes Mitgefühl gilt der Familie und den Angehörigen", sagte Union-Präsident Dirk Zingler.
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/frueherer-bundesliga-trainer-sascha-lewandowski-ist-tot-1.3027027

He retired as coach from Union Berlin in March at age 44 after being diagnosed with Burnout-Syndrom.
The police believes that he commited suicide. gently caress depression.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

For real.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

ephex posted:

In less funny new, former Bayer Leverkusen and Union Berlin coach Sascha Lewandowski has been found dead in his appartement :(

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/frueherer-bundesliga-trainer-sascha-lewandowski-ist-tot-1.3027027

He retired as coach from Union Berlin in March at age 44 after being diagnosed with Burnout-Syndrom.

Jesus christ.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The new TV deal was just announced and it looks like not a whole lot will be changing after all. The one big change is that the Friday games will be shown exclusively on Eurosport, not sky.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Any info how much money will change hands? I'm very much into numbers after all.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Healbot posted:

Any info how much money will change hands? I'm very much into numbers after all.

All told, the DFL will be getting between 1.1 and 1.5 billion € each season with this new deal. Still not even close to the Premier League's TV deal, but still.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That's up to a 25% increase, not bad.

Edit: also loving depression, man.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

ephex posted:

poo poo. Horrible news.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Healbot posted:

That's up to a 25% increase, not bad.

Edit: also loving depression, man.

it's actually a 90% increase from 628 million to 1.16 billion per year, that's massive

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Katana Gomai posted:

it's actually a 90% increase from 628 million to 1.16 billion per year, that's massive

While it's a big increase, the math given by media is wrong, since the €2,59b were for three years and not four, like the new deal.

It's a hair above 28%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Stupid me, thinking the Lügenpresse would do their job right

• Locked thread