Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Doctor Butts posted:

So is there a safe space to ask what the gently caress is up with this strange poo poo about Bernie's 'landslide' victory in California? The poo poo popped up on my Facebook and I couldn't find a reputable site to back up the claim.
I've seen poo poo about "Millions!" of mail-in and provisional ballots to yet be counted.

Hell, I wouldn't mind if the Burnination shifted to be a Trump attack surrogate while reminding us of the need for more progressive legislation but man, at some point you just gotta realize that it's not going to happen for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Gee, sounds like the long legal proceedings have been very stressful for her. Maybe she would have preferred it if they'd just grabbed her off the street and flown her to Italy with a black bag over her head.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is there a decent, unbiased summary of the Clinton email thing?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

boom boom boom posted:

Is there a decent, unbiased summary of the Clinton email thing?

She was foolish to manage state documents that way, but there is nothing to see. FBI has cleared her and now it's just a witch hunt.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

CommieGIR posted:

She was foolish to manage state documents that way, but there is nothing to see. FBI has cleared her and now it's just a witch hunt.

I should've said, I would prefer a source that doesn't have a gif of Yoda loving Luke Skywalker right next to the info

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

That's actually Chris Matthews loving Rachel Maddow, and forum poster CommieGIR is MSNBC.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

boom boom boom posted:

I should've said, I would prefer a source that doesn't have a gif of Yoda loving Luke Skywalker right next to the info
Well good luck finding one of those on the internet.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

CommieGIR posted:

is this official? link please

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Doctor Butts posted:

So is there a safe space to ask what the gently caress is up with this strange poo poo about Bernie's 'landslide' victory in California? The poo poo popped up on my Facebook and I couldn't find a reputable site to back up the claim.

a lot of them seem to be pointing back to a zerohedge (lol) article that's bernie-math as gently caress

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

boom boom boom posted:

Look this is the internet in 2016, you can have a decent, unbiased source, or you can have a source that doesn't have a gif of Yoda loving Luke Skywalker right next to, but you can't have both. :colbert:

anyway first four paragraphs of the Wikipedia article does a decent quick and dirty summery of it, although CommieGIR basically did just sum it all up.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Necc0 posted:

a lot of them seem to be pointing back to a zerohedge (lol) article that's bernie-math as gently caress

First we unskew the polls.

Then we unskew the minds :kheldragar:

Deofuta fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 9, 2016

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I read the loving article and it's just vague bullshit with no verifiable source of info. Just random bullshit.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dr_rat posted:

Look this is the internet in 2016, you can have a decent, unbiased source, or you can have a source that doesn't have a gif of Yoda loving Luke Skywalker right next to, but you can't have both. :colbert:

anyway first four paragraphs of the Wikipedia article does a decent quick and dirty summery of it, although CommieGIR basically did just sum it all up.

CommieGIR said the FBI had cleared Clinton, and the Wikipedia doesn't say anything about that

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Necc0 posted:

Normally a candidate's got a 50/50 chance of winning California. But Bernie's a political freak and he's not normal, so Hillary's got a 25% at best at beating him. See the three way, in the general, you got a 33 1/3% chance of winning, but Bernie's got a 66 2/3% chance of winning, because Trump KNOWS he can't beat Bernie and he's not even gonna try.

So Clinton takes her 33 1/3% chance minus Bernie's 25% chance and she's got an 8 1/3% chance of winning the general. So you take Bernie's 75% chance, if they were to go one-on-one, and add his 66 2/3% chance, Bernie should have 141 2/3% in the polls.

The numbers don't lie and they spell disaster for Hillary in California.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Necc0 posted:

This reminded me: I work at a medium sized govcon and there's someone who's been here several years who leaves zerohedge "gubmint is bad" articles in the men's room like once a week

I'm sure we're all gonna be persuaded soon, dude

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So in the scenario where Mormons find that voting for Trump is against their personal policy of gosh darn niceness, does Idaho follow Utah down the path of turning blue or voting 3rd party?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

Normally a candidate's got a 50/50 chance of winning California. But Bernie's a political freak and he's not normal, so Hillary's got a 25% at best at beating him. See the three way, in the general, you got a 33 1/3% chance of winning, but Bernie's got a 66 2/3% chance of winning, because Trump KNOWS he can't beat Bernie and he's not even gonna try.

So Clinton takes her 33 1/3% chance minus Bernie's 25% chance and she's got an 8 1/3% chance of winning the general. So you take Bernie's 75% chance, if they were to go one-on-one, and add his 66 2/3% chance, Bernie should have 141 2/3% in the polls.

marry me

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Who wants a terrible article to hate-read? I know D&D wants a terrible article! Eat up, friends.

Anarchists for Donald Trump—Let the Empire Burn
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/09/anarchists-for-donald-trump-let-the-empire-burn.html

quote:

What’s needed now in American politics is consternation, confusion, dissension, disorder, chaos — and crisis, with possible resolution — and a Trump presidency is the best chance for this true progress. This is a politics of arson. I’d rather see the empire burn to the ground under Trump, opening up at least the possibility of radical change, than cruise on autopilot under Clinton.

quote:

It may be that a Trump presidency, as Andrew Sullivan predicts in New York Magazine, will usher in the end of the democracy, the death of the republic, the rise of the hard totalitarian state. Given that we are already living in what Princeton political scientist Sheldon Wolin calls a soft or inverted totalitarian system, an illiberal democracy, the transformation feared by Sullivan will be welcome, clarifying, a fresh breath of honesty, in which the trappings are tossed aside and the ugly reality is revealed. Such a revelation, as the republic degenerates into tyranny, may inspire real resistance.

:allears:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

emdash posted:

This reminded me: I work at a medium sized govcon and there's someone who's been here several years who leaves zerohedge "gubmint is bad" articles in the men's room like once a week

How considerate of him to provide material fit for wiping your rear end with.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Who wants a terrible article to hate-read? I know D&D wants a terrible article! Eat up, friends.

Anarchists for Donald Trump—Let the Empire Burn
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/09/anarchists-for-donald-trump-let-the-empire-burn.html

:allears:

"Vote for Donald Trump because government will collapse and a bunch of people will die but that's okay because then a SHINING CITY ON A HILL shall be born."

Ugh. How is it that I can't seem to muster as much hate for the crazy right-wing as I can for the crazy left-wing?

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Gyges posted:

So in the scenario where Mormons find that voting for Trump is against their personal policy of gosh darn niceness, does Idaho follow Utah down the path of turning blue or voting 3rd party?

No because Idaho has a ton of white supremacists to balance out the Mormons

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Somebody blew up a Target women's bathroom in Chicago with a water bottle bomb.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

And as we learned from the Monty Hall problem, the probability of winning goes up if you switch your decision halfway through, so the Democrats' chances of winning in November are basically doubled again if the superdelegates change their mind and nominate Bernie.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

UrbicaMortis posted:

Is this dumb poo poo the only kind of bills Congress passes nowadays?

Congress recently passed and Obama signed a massive new toxic chemicals bill with sweeping impacts, but that's boring.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Did the bomb have a penis? :ohdear:

I ask because I'm trying to protect women in the bathroom here.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "Too many of our allies don't fear us." ~ Paul Ryan

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "Too many of our allies don't fear us." ~ Paul Ryan

Consider this part 2 of the Trump endorsement?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Luigi Thirty posted:

SHE'S FAT

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

You're never going to find love with standards that high

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Xanderkish posted:

"Vote for Donald Trump because government will collapse and a bunch of people will die but that's okay because then a SHINING CITY ON A HILL shall be born."

Ugh. How is it that I can't seem to muster as much hate for the crazy right-wing as I can for the crazy left-wing?

The article reads like some mad white boy wishing death on a lot of us racial minorities

Much like accelerationists in general

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Wow, was not expecting that.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Wouldn't we want our allies to respect us not fear us?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Speaking of unskewing the polls, if you want a good laugh, check out this extremely professional statistician.

http://culturintel.tumblr.com/post/145513494088/big-data-reports-latino-support-for-trump-on-the

quote:

Where does the data come from?

The data comes from unbiased and unfiltered digital and social conversations (across platforms that range from Facebook to forums and even review and special interest sites) that are mined and mapped across ethnic groups, generations or key stages of decision making.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

CommieGIR posted:

Its also literally no different than what half of the Bush administration did

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

The Glumslinger posted:

hoo boy, get ready for some "WELL ACTUALLY"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Hey I know I stole your car but the Pope says it's okay.

What the gently caress, you kidnapped someone in a foreign country, admit that it was illegal and then flee then wish to not go to prison?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Probably some tweaker who hosed up a shake & bake.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah, when it comes to issues of national security, a Clinton administration won't be too far off from the Bush administration

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

comes along bort posted:

Probably some tweaker who hosed up a shake & bake.

Very likely. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was a low effort terror bombing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Maybe it was someone trying to make a Bernie glowstick.

• Locked thread