Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

ilifinicus posted:

I can understand being annoyed at something that is decidedly RNG and you winning or not is reliant on how lucky you are

You still get the rewards you always used to from the maps. It's literally just a bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn My Dread
Feb 23, 2007

Tear up your fear, the end is coming near, spit it out like a spear, I'll burn your dread

Chyea posted:

Aquapolis is actually terrible and once I get the final achievement for it I hope to never enter it again.

You just need more introspective. All the hard work has already been done.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Elentor posted:

Sure, is there any other spreadsheet people may find interesting? I had one for red scrip/blue scrip collectible efficiency, but that one will probably require a big update.

Something like that would be fairly useful.

I was thinking of also compiling a list of the most common and useful ingredients for each crafter too, because I have eight retainers and still struggle for storage. Depending how your data is organised, though, I wonder if you'd be able to pull something like that together? If it's much work don't worry about it! I'll be looking into that once I've finally done everything in the new patch.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
So, I forsee Mhach getting nerfed before 3.4. Place is a good challenge overall, but first two bosses felt like they had too much HP, and Ozma felt like some of his moves did too much damage (namely the orbs and meteors). Place is great fun, but seems like a bit much for duty finder and pugs.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Willias posted:

So, I forsee Mhach getting nerfed before 3.4. Place is a good challenge overall, but first two bosses felt like they had too much HP, and Ozma felt like some of his moves did too much damage (namely the orbs and meteors). Place is great fun, but seems like a bit much for duty finder and pugs.

They won't nerf it lol

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CrashScreen posted:

Something like that would be fairly useful.

I was thinking of also compiling a list of the most common and useful ingredients for each crafter too, because I have eight retainers and still struggle for storage. Depending how your data is organised, though, I wonder if you'd be able to pull something like that together? If it's much work don't worry about it! I'll be looking into that once I've finally done everything in the new patch.

I do have that but it's 45x800 cells that is interconnected with my gil-making spreadsheet. There's no way I'm cleaning that up.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Pubbies are learning, tried Final Steps again this morning before work and we cleared on the first attempt with several new people. I think finding out the circles are meaningless helps people not be weird about going all out on the adds phase. I found that people would peel off early to try and get in position before the adds would die and that created issues where they would die slightly too late.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

quote:

Fat Chocobo Statue Photo Opportunity
E3 2016 marks the debut of the Fat Chocobo statue that attendees will be able to climb atop for photo opportunities! The statue will be placed front and center in the E3 South Hall lobby, for attendees to take memorable photos with!

After E3, the beloved Fat Chocobo will need to get prepared for his appearance in October...

???

Falcon24
Sep 9, 2004
Weeping City is really fun and honestly the boss mechanics are easy if you have remotely any situational awareness or ability to learn as you go but unfortunately most of the people who play this game are really bad. Tried it for the first time yesterday night with a group of friends and ran out the clock on the final boss. Alliance B in our group was just so egregiously bad and routinely face-down on the ground that it ended up bringing the rest of our raid group down. If nothing else this new raid really makes it clear which group is being awful so no one gets carried.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

They are talking about the North American Fanfest, which is in October.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
So I interrupted someone's teleport and they flipped out on me and said they reported me and I'm getting banned. This is the first time I did it, and I've never been reported before. What are the chances that I'd actually get banned?

And yes, I know, doing that wasn't chill at all but I was looking for trouble.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

MikeyLikesIt posted:

So I interrupted someone's teleport and they flipped out on me and said they reported me and I'm getting banned. This is the first time I did it, and I've never been reported before. What are the chances that I'd actually get banned?

And yes, I know, doing that wasn't chill at all but I was looking for trouble.

It's technically harassment but you won't get banned or punished since it's not really that serious. If anything even really happens from it you'll get transported to the GM sex dungeon (it's a small dark cube) and he'll tell you you were a bad boy.

If you make a habit of getting heavily reported then things might change (probably not).

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I'm maxed out on GC seals, what should I buy to sell on the MB?

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Samba De Amigo posted:

It's technically harassment but you won't get banned or punished since it's not really that serious. If anything even really happens from it you'll get transported to the GM sex dungeon (it's a small dark cube) and he'll tell you you were a bad boy.

If you make a habit of getting heavily reported then things might change (probably not).

Thanks Samba, what they said to me in the aftermath was a lot more harassing than me interrupting their teleport tbh ("gently caress you", "I have a stalker in this game and you're probably working with him", "I hope you die", etc.)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Thanks Samba, what they said to me in the aftermath was a lot more harassing than me interrupting their teleport tbh ("gently caress you", "I have a stalker in this game and you're probably working with him", "I hope you die", etc.)

Well if they do report you and a GM looks at it they'll probably see that too, so there's that.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Good poo poo. Don't worry about it then, they'd be worse off than you since you could just say "oops, it was a mistake".

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Demicol posted:

Check market prices first, but it generally varies between coke and aqueous whetstones.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Samba De Amigo posted:

They won't nerf it lol

sure they wont

just like they didn't nerf a6s

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Willias posted:

sure they wont

just like they didn't nerf a6s

An A6S type nerf wouldn't help pubbies clear Ozma - they're not hitting an enrage.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The first two bosses of weeping city did feel like HP sponges that took forever to beat. If anything, I would see them nerfing the orb phase of Ozma a bit. Better gear will probably fix the first one as time goes on, and people will eventually get comfortable with Ozma mechanics too.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Willias posted:

The orbs are predictable, and the meteors do little or 0 damage if you place them right and understand how triangles work.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Mazed posted:

So where have we seen this emblem before?

My first thought was that it looked like one of the faction symbols from Planescape. After checking I see elements of the Free League, Sign of One, and Xaositects in the emblem.

For comparison:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mortal Kombat.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Shokans confirmed for next race in expansion

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
The problem is that they realy are probably going to nerf it...

Why? Because companies these days are listening more to Whinning kids than to actual people, you can take blizzard's decision to change Tracer because people felt "Offended" and big quotes on this one..."Could not stop staring at her rear end because it is too sexualized..."
Companies listen to whinners than to decent people because whinners always find ways to get more people on their side, SJ​W are a good example of this.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Technogeek posted:

The problem is that they realy are probably going to nerf it...

Why? Because companies these days are listening more to Whinning kids than to actual people, you can take blizzard's decision to change Tracer because people felt "Offended" and big quotes on this one..."Could not stop staring at her rear end because it is too sexualized..."
Companies listen to whinners than to decent people because whinners always find ways to get more people on their side, SJ​W are a good example of this.

Blizzard reversed its stance on Tracer (and Mercy for that matter) butt. When will SE finally reverse the terrible changes to cat butts?!

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

hobbesmaster posted:

Blizzard reversed its stance on Tracer (and Mercy for that matter) butt. When will SE finally reverse the terrible changes to cat butts?!

The poster in question was talking about Weeping City of Mhach :ssh:

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
Remember the uproar about the child miqote

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Remember the uproar about the child miqote

m'kitten

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Demicol posted:

Worth mentioning, if you're doing the new relic step, 4k seals = 1 Moonstone = 20% of one Sand. But you can't sell them, so coke/whetstone/maybe peacock ore are the only three to look at if you just want gil.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

lol i fixed one problem on ffgoons in that they changed my ip addresses on me, now to fix the other problem, that I can't get into it to make changes so apache serves up the correct site :v:

doing a backup of your precious catgirl posts now in an attempt to do some system level upgrades (the old-rear end infrastructure it was on was not updating the kernel when I updated the OS apparently) and hope everything doesn't blow up. then hopefully 10 more years of this thing keeping running without this kind of maintenance.

e: oh hey at least the mumble seems to be running in the meantime, though I'm going to have to reboot and reconfigure and a bunch of other crap so it won't stay up probably but at least maybe it isn't as hosed as I thought

Boten Anna fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 9, 2016

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Samba De Amigo posted:

They won't nerf it lol

They nerfed A6S mid-patch and Midas Savage has way less of a participation rate then the 24-man does. And Mhach certainly seems to be breaking pubbies more then previous 24s, which is saying something.

E: It's worth mentioning that I actually really like Mhach at it's current difficulty level and I almost wonder if they tuned it up a little bit compared to previous runs to test the waters for a Savage-level 24-man at some point in the future. I hope they won't nerf it, I'm just saying it's definitely a possibility at this point.

Meiteron fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 9, 2016

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan

Boten Anna posted:

lol i fixed one problem on ffgoons in that they changed my ip addresses on me, now to fix the other problem, that I can't get into it to make changes so apache serves up the correct site :v:

doing a backup of your precious catgirl posts now in an attempt to do some system level upgrades (the old-rear end infrastructure it was on was not updating the kernel when I updated the OS apparently) and hope everything doesn't blow up. then hopefully 10 more years of this thing keeping running without this kind of maintenance.

e: oh hey at least the mumble seems to be running in the meantime

thanks for the update because i don't know what i would do if i could not shitpost

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Garin posted:

thanks for the update because i don't know what i would do if i could not shitpost

for extra irony, I use the server for IRC so I can't even be contacted on synirc as the message indicates!! which was for a completely different site and ffgoons is not shutting down in case there was any confusion (it doesn't run wordpress), I just can't get into it to fix that

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
as a member of the onlymonkweapons dumb posting crew i thank you

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Don't forget that the Gold Saucer event is ending after today, so run through the quest if you haven't already and try to knock out as much of the challenge log as you can be bothered to while it still gives the extra 50%.

I don't know how much MGP I racked up total over the week, but it must have been 400-500k at least. I got the last bit I needed to buy Fenrir, which I'd been saving towards for months, and an Adamantoise and a bunch of other random junk. Racing also got me a bunch of chocobo levels. I'll hit pedigree 9 one day!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

hobbesmaster posted:

Pretty sure they removed a pose from Tracer, because we're missing one that was in beta.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The idea of savage 24-man content scares the crap out of me, in a good way. I suppose a few goon statics could form alliances and take it on.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Meiteron posted:

They nerfed A6S mid-patch and Midas Savage has way less of a participation rate then the 24-man does. And Mhach certainly seems to be breaking pubbies more then previous 24s, which is saying something.

E: It's worth mentioning that I actually really like Mhach at it's current difficulty level and I almost wonder if they tuned it up a little bit compared to previous runs to test the waters for a Savage-level 24-man at some point in the future. I hope they won't nerf it, I'm just saying it's definitely a possibility at this point.

That's why I think nerfs are probably coming, and tbh savage 24 mans sounds cool. I just hope that when nerfs hit, that they're reasonable and don't gut the fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
How many people do you need to do old EX Primals and Coils unsync'd?

• Locked thread