Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:laffo: He's losing white women. Republicans like never loving lose white women.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/740962578000715776

It's Lit

Dexo fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Trump is currently losing white women by 20 points.

Women vote at a higher rate than men.

Clearly this means good things for the Trump campaign.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Dexo posted:

:laffo: He's losing white women. Republicans like never loving lose white women.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/740962578000715776

It's Lit
:aaa: what's the context of the case? Does it cover permit-holders, too?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
And Obama officially endorsed Hillary

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Mozi posted:

That strikes me as fascist, somehow.
Red, White, and Black color scheme (especially with sharp angles) tends to read as fascist because that was the color scheme of the Nazis, and a bunch of "bad guy" organizations (especially fictional ones) use that same color scheme.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Equal parts Nazi and Cobra Commander, I'm on board
As seen here.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

For anyone locked in a bomb shelter in fear that the dreaded Trump pivot will come any day now, you can come out.

quote:

But anyone thinking that Mr. Trump is going to suddenly adopt a more cautious, strategic approach yearned for by election-conscious congressional Republicans is likely to be disappointed. He wrinkled his nose in disgust at the mere mention of the word “pivot,” though he conceded he wants to get on to broader discussion of the economy.

In his view, it is clear that his way has worked and the establishment’s has failed. After all, he vanquished every senator, governor or former governor who challenged him for the party’s nomination.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dexo posted:

And Obama officially endorsed Hillary

Obama to offer a formal endorsement of Clinton; president also meets with Sanders

Obama to sanders, "Give it up chump."

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

KittenofDoom posted:

:aaa: what's the context of the case? Does it cover permit-holders, too?

This article : http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/appeals-court-no-2nd-amendment-right-concealed-carry

Says Californian state gov didn't want to give someone a concealed carry license as they didn't meet the state requirements, so the person took it to court.

I just checked Fox news and there not calling for the violent overthrowing of the government, so either they haven't heard, or are still in denial.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/740966638678335488

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Meanwhile in Puerto Rico ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/20/health/zika-virus-puerto-rico.html?_r=3&utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

quote:

A quarter of the island’s 3.5 million people will probably get the Zika virus within a year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and eventually 80 percent or more may be infected.

“I’m very concerned,” Dr. Thomas R. Frieden, the C.D.C. director, said in an interview after a recent three-day visit to Puerto Rico. “There could be thousands of infections of pregnant women this year.”

And of Course...

quote:

The C.D.C. has a permanent lab on the island, and is importing staff and equipment to do 100,000 blood tests a year, five times as many as it can do now. The agency has committed $25 million to the fight and has asked Congress for $225 million more as part of President Obama’s $1.8 billion Zika package, now stalled in Congress.

I cannot imagine a situation where 80% of the population is infected with this disease , holy poo poo.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Raerlynn posted:

So remind me again, what specific thing are they investigating?

Whether or not her private email server were in conflict with State Department policy and jeopardized national security, is the gist I got from the wikipedia page somebody linked

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Joementum posted:

This one is way better, in my opinion:

This loving owns

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Forums poster 'boom boom boom' went from asking for an unbiased source on the Hillary email thing to then comparing her to the Bush Administration and then parroting the standard right wing talking point of how she's "under investigation for something."

Somehow I think his original question may not have been asked in good faith.

Some other dude was the one who compared her to the Bush administration, and yeah, she is literally under investigation for something

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

sean10mm posted:

I remember all the big wars involving hundreds if thousands of troops for years on end Clinton got us into such as

She voted for the Iraq War, dude.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Hollismason posted:

Meanwhile in Puerto Rico ...

Of all the evil nefarious poo poo the GOP has done in recent years, saying no to a few billion to research a vaccine/treatment options for Zika is possibly the worst. This is the sort of thing that justifies violence.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Oh Jesus Christ...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

World Famous W posted:

I had to look it up. It is supposed be a badger head looking down on a red background...

They hosed up, that's not what Badgers look like

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

Proposed design for the flag of Wisconsin:

What's wrong with their current... oh.

e: but jeez not that one.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

boom boom boom posted:

STRAP IN, BOYOS

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Joementum posted:

Proposed design for the flag of Wisconsin:

Rabid Badger is what I see.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

Is it november yet?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ReidRansom posted:

What's wrong with their current... oh.

e: but jeez not that one.

Oh my god their current flag is the worst

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Hillary pushed hardest for war actually. It was all her idea.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/740966526644289540

The thousand-year Trumpenreich appears to be failing to get off the ground.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

Hillary pushed hardest for war actually. It was all her idea.

She should have realized that speech at the UN would come back to haunt her.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

ok. NJ, He's wrong, but I can see why you would try(Though Cristie is probably more hated than Trump there). PA, MD, Sure.

:laffo: at CA.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

When was the last time PA went red again? 1984 right?

edit: oh HW won it in 88. Still, lol that ain't ever going red again as long as Philly and Pittsburgh continue to exist.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

If you find flag design at all interesting, this is a good watch. It is a TED talk, I apologize, but it's a good one.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dr Cheeto posted:

Oh my god their current flag is the worst

All flags should have their (County,State,Nation,Whatever) written on it in a bold clear font that takes up an 1/8th of the space.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

When was the last time PA went red again? 1984 right?

edit: oh HW won it in 88. Still, lol that ain't ever going red again as long as Philly and Pittsburgh continue to exist.

Yeah, but I get the idea of trying. CA would he a waste of resources.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
It's almost as if he doesn't realize he's a Republican now.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

World Famous W posted:

All flags should have their (County,State,Nation,Whatever) written on it in a bold clear font that takes up an 1/8th of the space.

This but in any language other than English.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

He's just trying to avoid traveling back to the deep south as much as possible. I understand.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

that looks more like a badger

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Oh god this is the most depressing thing

https://twitter.com/ivancouronne/status/740969143143419905

:smith:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

meanwhile, the least depressing thing?

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/740973710593654784?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Why is Hillary being dumb and giving Trump good ideas for his campaign?

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Grey Fox posted:

He's just trying to avoid traveling back to the deep south as much as possible. I understand.

Does any GOP candidate ever need to actually go to the deep south?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

smg77 posted:

Sure! For fundraising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

smg77 posted:

Depends on how you classify Florida.

• Locked thread