Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Rusty Staub posted:

when i was a 12yo with a fresh new internet connection i researched for HOURS about these guys and printed off a sweet 3-ring-binder's worth of info for when i finally would buy/adopt one

then a friend of mine got there first and ended up killing the poor thing by being a negligent chucklefuck. i think it got crushed behind his couch or something :smith:

thinking about it is making me feel a lot of that adolescent anger all over again

It's super sad when innocent animals suffer from people not putting enough time and effort into researching, learning or maintaining their pets :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe

They eat better than I do as well.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Rusty Staub posted:

when i was a 12yo with a fresh new internet connection i researched for HOURS about these guys and printed off a sweet 3-ring-binder's worth of info for when i finally would buy/adopt one

then a friend of mine got there first and ended up killing the poor thing by being a negligent chucklefuck. i think it got crushed behind his couch or something :smith:

thinking about it is making me feel a lot of that adolescent anger all over again

I'm sorry :(

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

eonwe

FluffieDuckie posted:

they eat better than i do

I love myself a good mealworm

Drythe

You also have to get two or else they get super lonely and can self mutilate and other poo poo that's not good.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Drythe posted:

You also have to get two or else they get super lonely and can self mutilate and other poo poo that's not good.

Stuff like this is super important! People get individual guinea pigs all the time, and they're super sad and lonely :(
It's actually illegal in some countries to get or keep a lone guinea pig, due to it being so harmful to the poor little critters.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
little known fact: in the classic movie the never-ending story the dog/dragon is actually played by a sugar glider

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
one more little known fact: the entire cast of the hit tv show friends would routinely eat a dozen sugar gliders during the filming of each episode

shinmai

CHK Instruction
Friends is such a horrible series I'm not even surprised

3D Megadoodoo

"miss chanandler bong" still makes me laugh but that's about it

eonwe

another fun fact: i routinely order gliders at bars

it makes me popular to drink with, who doesn't like drinking and eating little mini-burgers

Drythe

Luvcow posted:

one more little known fact: the entire cast of the hit tv show friends would routinely eat a dozen sugar gliders during the filming of each episode

:ohdear:

eonwe

Eonwe posted:

another fun fact: i routinely order gliders at bars

it makes me popular to drink with, who doesn't like drinking and eating little mini-burgers

well i guess you wouldn't drink the mini-burgers

you'd drink alcohol

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Sugar gliders aren't ALL fun and cuteness, you know...

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Splatmaster posted:

Sugar gliders aren't ALL fun and cuteness, you know...

:stare: no.... no....

Drythe

They love to jump on my face when they are in the tent with me

3D Megadoodoo

Drythe posted:

They love to jump on my face when they are in the tent with me

"the tent" sounds ominous

Drythe

Its a very spooky tent.

Its because the room is unsafe so a tent allows them to jump and run around a large space supervised without getting into a couch or electrical socket.

FluffieDuckie

you're a good sugar glider parent

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I'd get a tent for our cats but my wife seems to think finishing off the upstairs, cat trees, cat beds scattered throughout the house and a sunroom with bird feeders set up outside for them to bird watch and happy chirp is spoiling them Can you believe her?!?!

FluffieDuckie

she's a monster

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

3D Megadoodoo

I didn't reserve enough time for frying onions so now I'm eating fries with a side of warm and oily onions.

Salmiakki

Eonwe posted:

I love myself a good mealworm

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Anoia

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
a single meal worm is not enough for a meal

alanis morrisette shoulda put THAT in her song

alnilam

Anoia posted:

a single meal worm is not enough for a meal

alanis morrisette shoulda put THAT in her song

I got one worm in my meal
And the other one is eatin an apple core

alnilam

It's not fair
To deny me
Of the one meal worm that you fed to me

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Hey December Octipodes, if you read the chat thread could j have your email? I owe u a prize still. If you don't want to post your email address just hit me up at superstarzooeydeschanel@gmail.com

Sry for the interrupt to chatting, just didn't wanna have to make and then probate myself for a callout thread, carry on!

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

Splatmaster posted:

I'd get a tent for our cats but my wife seems to think finishing off the upstairs, cat trees, cat beds scattered throughout the house and a sunroom with bird feeders set up outside for them to bird watch and happy chirp is spoiling them Can you believe her?!?!

:sever:

sunroom with bird feeders so that cattes can watch birbs sounds awesome

Scaly Haylie

Jerry Cotton posted:

"the tent" sounds ominous

it's a giant sugar glider

eonwe

he likes to take the sugar gliders out on camping trips to get in touch with nature

Drythe

nature sounds gross

Anoia

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Drythe posted:

nature sounds gross

it itches

Drythe

especially if you touch it I bet

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

FluffieDuckie posted:

eonwe sweetie it's hilarious that you reported this post saying you were the lady in the gym but if you could maybe be hilarious in a way that doesn't abuse the something awful reporting system that would be great kthxbye

lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

eonwe

after I reported the post I quoted her and said that I bet she has reported you already

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

after I reported the post I quoted her and said that I bet she has reported you already

haha

also, sugargliders are really cool

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Splatmaster posted:

We're trying to build ours a big, enclosed outside place by winter. Gonna have all sorts of stuff to climb on, shade, a cat grass farm and a little door so they can go in and out whenever. Also gonna build a snake tree so Helena can hang out at face-level.

Spoil your critters, peeps.

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
but also make sure they get adequate exercise and a healthy diet

problematic hug

hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe