Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Uhhhh....it's not off cooldown? It's got a cooldown of like 7 or 8 seconds so you have to be pretty sparing with when you use it.

No I mean...cooldown is up, the icon is lit up and I mash Shift to no avail. I thought maybe I had to take damage first, or stand still, or not be firing. But that's not it. And I tested my Shift key extensively, just, sometimes- seems like right when I need it- I hammer Shift 4 or 5 times and maybe it'll pop and maybe it won't. No similar problem with E, that always pops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Internet Kraken posted:

Playing Symmetra and killing people behind his shield with orb spam is a better one.
when the rein ults and stuns people all in a line, and your orb goes through all of them doing like 500 damage. that's the good poo poo

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Efexeye posted:

No I mean...cooldown is up, the icon is lit up and I mash Shift to no avail. I thought maybe I had to take damage first, or stand still, or not be firing. But that's not it. And I tested my Shift key extensively, just, sometimes- seems like right when I need it- I hammer Shift 4 or 5 times and maybe it'll pop and maybe it won't. No similar problem with E, that always pops.

yeah that's just your keyboard being fucky. The shield should go up as soon as you hit the button, unless you're stunned for whatever reason.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
I think Symmetra's shield skill needs to stop being awful busy-work. Maybe give her a passive that just extends a 25 shield out to allies in an aura, and then pressing E will instantly refill that shield for anyone within range to have it - so she has a "heal" in that she can technically reduce the damage a teammate takes, and her lovely shield stops being a chore, too.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Efexeye posted:

Try this. https://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/KeyboardGhostingDemo.mspx Back when I played wow there was a particular 3 button combination that felt like it never worked and was one of my binds.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

look man if you don't take pleasure in meticulously maintaining shield coverage on all teammates i'm not sure symmetra is really for you :fishmech:

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
maybe her skill requires autism to maintain because she has autism

it's in-character

we're roleplaying as the autism

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i repeat, her Askew potg intro is hilarious

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
im glad that the hero that counters widowmaker is the hero that literally just gets mad for his ultimate, because any time I swap to Winston to deal with her poo poo I feel like I'm primal raging alright

https://gfycat.com/BiodegradableDependentBlackpanther

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i get the middle parts of hollywood and route 66 confused a lot

but then again they're both western towns

the hollywood set should have been more of the sci-fi space movie instead of what feels like a cut n paste of route 66

This broke my brain for a little bit because I was trying to remember which one was which and I was confusing myself.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Being able to manually blow up your teleporter and get your ult recharged even a small amount towards the next one would be awesome, and not a huge buff I think. Maybe have it give you 10% per charge left?

On D I never set up pure kill rooms but I've had good luck with them on O just because they're impossible to predict and can completely gently caress a wave of defending reinforcements which is all you really need.

Also I want a button I can press to reserve the last teleporter charge for me, always. :mad:

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Prav posted:

all i want for symmetra is longer primary range

actually faster secondary orbs would also be nice

Her left click range is really good though? And also aims for you.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Minrad posted:

im glad that the hero that counters widowmaker is the hero that literally just gets mad for his ultimate, because any time I swap to Winston to deal with her poo poo I feel like I'm primal raging alright

That was awesome.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Brosnan posted:

Her left click range is really good though? And also aims for you.

dude it's five meters. rein's hammer reaches as far

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Prav posted:

dude it's five meters. rein's hammer reaches as far

Considering how little aiming it requires and how much damage it deals after a bit of build-up, more range would quickly make it insanely strong if you didn't compensate for it in some other way.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

If they increased Symm's beam latch range they'd also have to reduce the warmup speed. It's really drat good already, especially since you don't have to aim so you can just bounce around like a psychotic rabbit as soon as you hit someone and pretty reasonably expect to get a kill. I burned through a roadhog getting healed by mercy and chugging his potion at the same time the other day after he missed two or three shots. Maybe I also had a sentry up? That's the other thing, when fighting a Symm if you're not getting zorched by at least two lasers at the same time she probably hosed up.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 9, 2016

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Kanfy posted:

Considering how little aiming it requires and how much damage it deals after a bit of build-up, more range would quickly make it insanely strong if you didn't compensate for it in some other way.

yes surely we're teetering on the edge of symmetrocalypse

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Prav posted:

yes surely we're teetering on the edge of symmetrocalypse

We're not, because her weapon's fine and its power is balanced by its short range. I'm not sure what you're acting all snappy for.

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006
Get rid of her shield skill, make it the teleporter skill on a 60 sec cooldown with 1 charge to start. Every 30 sec it gains a new charge and max out at 6 charges. It goes away if you place another one or the enemy team destroys it. Cooldown starts when its destroyed, not placed.

Make each turret she places be able to grant the +25 shields every 30 seconds, automatically to the first ally that walks by. Same mechanics as her, once a players gets a shield they can't get another one so you don't have people running by turrets to auto-refresh it.

Her new ult: six floating turrets appear around her and autofire around her. If she laser chainsaws something they switch targets to what she's hitting. Last 10 seconds.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Minrad posted:

This should be hung in a museum.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Minrad posted:

it's fun knocking people off clifs with it but god drat if it doesn't seem like he just slaps people like a wet tilapia as an ultimate

I don't know his ult melee does less damage than regular melee attack.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 9, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Xaris posted:

it's fun knocking people off clifs with it but god drat if it doesn't seem like he just slaps people like a wet tilapia as an ultimate

I don't know his ult melee does less damage than regular melee attack.

It'd be pretty broken if it did significant damage, since he has so much health. It's at sort of the perfect middleground where he can't just ult in and get a hexakill but he does enough damage that you can't just ignore it.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Verranicus posted:

Mei is also the Tumblr favorite since according to them she represents "health at any size" women.

Is padded arctic clothing considered an integral part of one's body now?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I was playing Zen last night and doing well enough that 2 of the enemy team switched to Widowmaker and Winston and basically just hunted me for the rest of the game. One would have been enough guys.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Winston's ult, much like all the tank ults barring Dva's whose is just bad, really requires the team to capitalize on it to get much value. 1000 HP seems like a ton, but you're loving enormous and need to be in melee range to do anything - You'll go down fast if you get stunned and focus fired. If your team hasn't killed a few people by the time your ult has expired then odds are you're just going to die without having accomplished much since other than KotH environmental kills your ult is mostly for stalling objectives.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Also: God bless Overwatch for making environmental kills a legitimate semi-permanent strat instead of just a dumb gimmick thing.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://giant.gfycat.com/LoathsomeExaltedAltiplanochinchillamouse.webm

:eyepop:

I made a g15 macro to do this poo poo and tested it against my friend's widow and it works

alternatively just git gud at spamming a+d and lightly tapping w: if you hold w it doesn't work and you just edge forward and move side to side a bit like any normal character

Minera fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 9, 2016

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006

Minrad posted:

I made a g15 macro to do this poo poo and tested it against my friend's widow and it works

What's the macro? Just you going Hold w and then adadadadadadadadadadada?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

lol

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Sivlan posted:

What's the macro? Just you going Hold w and then adadadadadadadadadadada?

nah he does the weird left/right slide if you spam a+d without holding w, the gimmick is that lucio holds momentum so if you constantly lightly tap w you can move forward at a 'normal' speed while being just about impossible for a widowmaker to properly hit

so basically a macro that spams a/d and then just lightly tapping w to go forward once it's on

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Minrad posted:

alternatively just git gud at spamming a+d and lightly tapping w: if you hold w it doesn't work and you just edge forward and move side to side a bit like any normal character
we've entered a new era

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Winston's ult, much like all the tank ults barring Dva's whose is just bad, really requires the team to capitalize on it to get much value. 1000 HP seems like a ton, but you're loving enormous and need to be in melee range to do anything - You'll go down fast if you get stunned and focus fired. If your team hasn't killed a few people by the time your ult has expired then odds are you're just going to die without having accomplished much since other than KotH environmental kills your ult is mostly for stalling objectives.

I don't think roadhogs ult is all that great either. It does good damage on paper, but the knock back is so ridiculous I find myself just firing it at people across the map after they get launched by a few pellets. Not to mention its like 8 seconds of you not getting to do roadhog things (I.e. hooking things and eating oranges).

Primetime fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 9, 2016

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Primetime posted:

I don't think roadhogs ult is all that great either. It does good damage on paper, but the knock back is so ridiculous I find myself just firing it into at people across the map after they get launched by a few pellets. Not to mention its like 8 seconds of you not getting to do roadhog things (I.e. hooking things and eating oranges).

I always get destroyed by it at a distance, but whenever I use it find it just knocks them back very far and I spend 5 seconds shooting at them from a distance as they're stuck in a wall 10m away and then they still live :(

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Reaper is visibly hollow in his garbage Mariachi skin. He can't even emote without showing holes in the mesh.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Reaper is visibly hollow in his garbage Mariachi skin. He can't even emote without showing holes in the mesh.

There's some big clipping problems with Zarya's coat in her winter uniform skins, too.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Minrad posted:

nah he does the weird left/right slide if you spam a+d without holding w, the gimmick is that lucio holds momentum so if you constantly lightly tap w you can move forward at a 'normal' speed while being just about impossible for a widowmaker to properly hit

so basically a macro that spams a/d and then just lightly tapping w to go forward once it's on

A macro?

I've been training on Taiko no Tatsujin for years just for this. :smuggo:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Minrad posted:

Great, now either you're getting banned or I'm gonna see every Lucio doing this from now on.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
The most important thing to do when you winston ult is to just completely annoy their squishy back line by smacking Mercy into a corner and hopefully killing her. Certain maps make this easier to do but for the most part you can hope to catch somebody in a corner half of the time. It's also really useful to use as not-die-button, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Papercut posted:

Great, now either you're getting banned or I'm gonna see every Lucio doing this from now on.

it's so god drat funny but also I imagine completely infuriating to face

it seems like exactly the sort of thing blizzard would patch out since Lucio is already almost too good lmao