Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Deep Dungeon seems like the thing to do if you don't want to have to grind ever patch.

Lets say they continually add to the Deep Dungeon or add more of them, they could just make it so that the gear max from that is always around 15-20 ilvl below the current tier of gear. That way, if you take a year or two off, you can come back and spend some time in the Deep Dungeon without having to grind out gear to be able to do current content.

Sounds like a fantastic catchup mechanic. Especially for someone like my wife. She's never going to grind tomes or anything. She wants to be able to play for a week or two every time a new patch comes out and then not play until the next patch. She hates rerunning content but she enjoys doing the story quests. She just gets frustrated when trying to catch up when she's at a gear deficit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

ffgoons update: I'm basically rebuilding the server, and am copying over all the data and such then I have to Reconfigure and Re Set Up loving Everything using said data which will take god knows how long. Hopefully have the forums and mumble up sometime tomorrow at least.

Good news is it's a brand new server on the somewhat-just-released 16.04 LTS so if this thing doesn't go another almost 10 goddamned years without having to be rebuilt or anything I won't even know what's real anymore. I even have options if ya'll shitpost so hard it fills up the drive with the mysql database.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Anyone want to go do some Aquapolis runs?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Just so you don't feel like you're being ignored about the ffgoons stuff, shoot me a pm if you need any help with the php/html/css side of things; i just didn't say anything earlier since i haven't messed with rackspace's settings and didn't want to get in the way

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

SirPhoebos posted:

My first thought was that it looked like one of the faction symbols from Planescape. After checking I see elements of the Free League, Sign of One, and Xaositects in the emblem.

For comparison:

Oh poo poo. I remember these well.

A complete coincidence. But still cool.

For the record my FFXIV character would totally join the Transcendent Order, because my glazed and distant expression in nigh unto every cutscene is clear evidence that I'm not thinking too hard about anything ever.

Magile
May 20, 2008

Boten Anna posted:

ffgoons update: I'm basically rebuilding the server, and am copying over all the data and such then I have to Reconfigure and Re Set Up loving Everything using said data which will take god knows how long. Hopefully have the forums and mumble up sometime tomorrow at least.

Good news is it's a brand new server on the somewhat-just-released 16.04 LTS so if this thing doesn't go another almost 10 goddamned years without having to be rebuilt or anything I won't even know what's real anymore. I even have options if ya'll shitpost so hard it fills up the drive with the mysql database.

I haven't used FFGoons in a while since I stopped with FFXIV in... October? Either way, I still would use the Mumble from time to time and kept in contact with most folks from the game. I just want to say that the fact that you're putting in effort and actually trying is amazing and I appreciate it, even as someone who doesn't play anymore. That's a lot of bull to deal with just for us folks.

Anyway, I only came by since Dudude linked this -- take it easy folks, hope it works out better Boten!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I used Collectible Synthesis for the first time today, and now I qualify as a crafting/gathering mentor :psyduck: I still don't qualify as a battle mentor, 250 instances short of 1000

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Pierson posted:

Odin was a hilarious clusterfuck at release but it was super-cool when you were doing your leves in Gridania and suddenly the weather changed and the entire server coalesced around him. It's way better as a trial where you can actually see what you're doing though.

You mean like Odin as a fate? That's so weird, like I guess the trailer for Realm Reborn implied that but I can't imagine that happening

What's this now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpSRQBxY1Pc

Jesus

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Palace of the Dead sounds pretty rad, it'll just be brainstorming all the best party combinations.

They've said it'll be fast level ups, so TP/MP issues might be a bit lower. Two Holy-spamming WHMs, an AST for Gravity and Balance/Arrow, and a BRD for Requiem?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Mordiceius posted:

Everything about the Palace of the dead seems loving amazing.

Full interview:

Got a link to this for easy quoting to friends?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Holy gently caress. This Aquapolis haul. Made it to the end (which is worth 100k gold in itself.) Along the way the chests were worth 3k-20k gold each. Got 76 fire clusters. 93 lightning clusters. A bluebird, an owlet, an adamantite bar, astral birch lumber, and poo poo tons more. And that was just my personal haul. Another party member got Twilight over Thanalan.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

Got a link to this for easy quoting to friends?

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/128728-Yoshida-on-3.35-and-Beyond-Translation-of-Interview-Highlights?p=6713298#post6713298

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Somehow got Titan HM for trial DR instead of final steps. With everyone bitching about final steps its still good to know all is right in the world

of course, the spear dropped

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Kuvo posted:

Somehow got Titan HM for trial DR instead of final steps. With everyone bitching about final steps its still good to know all is right in the world

Hahahaha. This is amazing.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Kuvo posted:

i did a lot lot lot of primals back in my day when me and my friends would sign on and not have time / enough people for coil but enough to carry a couple df people through primals. it seemed incredibly obvious to me at the time that the loot table was shifted towards melee/ranged dps and or tanks/healers that you brought in based on ilvls and frequency of classes or something.

i only ever saw ranged dps weapons because we rarely brought melee dps and i only ever saw healer drops when my ilvl was pitifully low and then never saw them again. i had one tank friend who wore a crappy chestpiece because they didnt like the aesthetics of the conjoined pieces and tank gear was always dropping in dungeons ahead of healing or dps gear.

rng not rng i say

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Tonight goons help a newbie who put a sastasha normal in PF

:yaycloud:

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Leal posted:

Tonight goons help a newbie who put a sastasha normal in PF

:yaycloud:

minimum ilvl sync for max authenticity

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

zolthorg posted:

minimum ilvl sync for max authenticity

I believe one of them took off their jobstone cause the person put gladiator as the tank role for PF.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Boten Anna posted:

That sucks. :( Good luck with the setup and thanks for doing all this, though.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So, a funny thing happens when you /poke the Calamari minion.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Kuvo posted:

Wow, literally the same thing happened to me earlier today too. At the end I was also the only DPS still alive.

Didn't have the hilarity of them all being dragoons though. :allears:

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

This is a great thing.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Kuvo posted:

Happiness at the push of a button.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

So, a funny thing happens when you /poke the Calamari minion.

Haha of course

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
anyone got a good rotation for blue gatherer's scrip farming besides perch?

like which nodes to bother going for

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

This was brought up in here a few months ago, so I figured I'd share an update. For those that were following the murder of Sian Blake (Yugiri's voice actor) and her children, her partner admitted to it. It's really sad, but at least that's a step forward to bringing closure for their family.

e: Nevermind. I'm an idiot and the BBC is just reposting month old news.

CrashScreen fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jun 10, 2016

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

sword_man.gif posted:

anyone got a good rotation for blue gatherer's scrip farming besides perch?

like which nodes to bother going for

Days where you can turn in both morel and cuprite are the best since they both pop in Hinterlands and they spawn pretty much back to back with allowance for GP regen. If you're at like 600GP when you collect the morel, you won't need to pop a cordial for the cuprite.

I think if you're super-fast you can also collect from the sea of clouds mining node (Abalathian rock salt/red quartz) that spawns before the morel but you'll need cordials and it's generally extra effort since the timing is so tight (you need to be at the node location as it spawns). The only good thing is that the mining node is pretty much right next to the aetheryte so you don't have to worry about trekking all the way across sea of clouds for that node.

The safe thing to do is probably to harvest the sea of clouds botany node (heaven's lemon, Abalathian mistletoe), then morel, then cuprite, but really, getting to the sea of clouds btn node is kind of a hassle and I just usually skip it and afk in the hinterlands if I have to do that.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

This is a good time for me to post my new Joseph glamour

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I finally got the chance to run WC late last night. The alliance didn't even make it past Forgall.

I can see this is going to be a long weekend.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Looks like the Midgardsormr information is a little outdated. Chairman, when you get the chance can you update it to Plot 35 of The Goblet Ward 1 subdivision? Thanks!

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I've posted about my quest to switch to exclusively use the OS X client for the game and I think I'm going to have to give up. The game actually ran pretty great and I was pulling 60+ FPS on max settings at a resolution between 1080p and 1440p in windowed mode with my GTX970 (I am on a hackintosh) which was fine with me. The problem I am having is that the game crashes the entire computer at random, sometimes I can play for hours with no issues, sometimes it crashes 30 seconds after loading the game, sometimes it's 15 minutes, or 30, or whatever. There's no pattern that I can figure out in order to troubleshoot it. The last ~3 or so weeks I was crash free and I thought I had managed to fix it with some driver updates, but they started back yesterday with a vengeance and have ruined 3 attempts at clearing the Weeping City.

I guess it's back into rebooting to Windows whenever I want to play, my windows system would crash sometimes but it was much less frequent and usually it was a graphics driver crash that didn't take the system with it. I'm actually debating going back to PS4, but I enjoy easily being able to dick around on the internet while I wait for things and I don't like not being able to play when PSN is down.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Ouhei posted:

(I am on a hackintosh)
:stonk:

why would anyone do this to themselves

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

CrashScreen posted:

This was brought up in here a few months ago, so I figured I'd share an update. For those that were following the murder of Sian Blake (Yugiri's voice actor) and her children, her partner admitted to it. It's really sad, but at least that's a step forward to bringing closure for their family.

e: Nevermind. I'm an idiot and the BBC is just reposting month old news.

Good, I'm glad to receive closure on the murder of a voice actor in a video game I like to play a lot

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Is there a place with collected information on the Palace of the Dead anywhere? I've been keeping my eye on the game ever since unsubbing and this sounds exactly like the sort of thing I'd be interested in returning to, assuming that it's as good as it's been made to sound.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
Petition to rename mentor roulette to masochism roulette.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

ArtIsResistance posted:

Good, I'm glad to receive closure on the murder of a voice actor in a video game I like to play a lot

As a member of their family I am sorry for your loss.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ArtIsResistance posted:

you read real good, huh

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Vermain posted:

Is there a place with collected information on the Palace of the Dead anywhere? I've been keeping my eye on the game ever since unsubbing and this sounds exactly like the sort of thing I'd be interested in returning to, assuming that it's as good as it's been made to sound.

The interview posted just a little ways back has the most info that has been released so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
For some who stopped playing for ~2 months and is now grinding to get to ilvl 205 to complete the MSQ, is Void Ark the fastest way? I tried grinding out a5 normal but legit cannot deal with duty finder for that.

I have all eso gear so just need upgrades/some ilvl 230 pieces.

• Locked thread