Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
what ever happened to prison planet? i that still a thing or is jones just doing infowars now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Kasichs got nothing on trump

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Moral Orel lookin motherfucker

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

the paradigm shift posted:

So Trump is going to sue that TrumpSingles guy for using his name after November right?

Trump is going to sue everyone after the election. This whole thing was a ploy to sue the gently caress out of the country and get rich.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Al! posted:

execute all rent seekers imp

:agreed: if they have money, they're laundering it. Can't say I've seen any executed but they do get taken down a peg when all the banks they use start receiving very pointed 314b inquiries at the same time which leads to them becoming wholly unbanked in the space of a week and a half.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

ive never seen trump eat a green

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

this tweet only has two distinct statements in it instead of trump's normal three. someone has taken over his twitter account behind the scenes

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

Speaking of which, Alex Jones is gonna be on Trumps Reddit page sometime next week.

It's too loving funny that infowars somehow morphed from a libertarian "gubmint coming for guns" bunker to an alt-right fuherbunker in such a short time.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

My favorite part of this is Matty Y. not only posting a Vox article explaining what the tweet means, but he wrote a tweet about the article defending it to Twitter. This is the state of the media and everyone is shocked that most of them are bankrupt.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

recharge ur phone al!

wow my computer is nearly unusable now 5/5

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Internet Webguy posted:

My favorite part of this is Matty Y. not only posting a Vox article explaining what the tweet means, but he wrote a tweet about the article defending it to Twitter. This is the state of the media and everyone is shocked that most of them are bankrupt.

matt yglesias paid $1.2M for a townhouse in dupont circle - he knows how to get rich, and apparently this is it (along with the 'sweatshops are good' thing). supposedly there are Stories about when him and a bunch of those other dc media strivers were all living together years ago but it seemed unspeakably boring so i did not pursue

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Career Success - ADVANTAGE: Hitler
Interpersonal Skills - ADVANTAGE: Hitler
Sense of Style - ADVANTAGE: Hitler
Public Policy - ADVANTAGE: Hitler
Marriage and Family - ADVANTAGE : Hitler

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

not everyone can be as good as the Big H.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao

i cackled for a solid minute at this

R. Guyovich fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jun 10, 2016

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Hmm, what DID Hillary mean when she told Donald Trump to delete his account??

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

CalvinCoolidge posted:

Yes, I'd prefer to have an America that is willing to strong arm contractors who are currently too busy phoning it in on the tax payer dime to do a great job. This is what I want for America because I'm not a milquetoast pushover.

there aren't really any small business contractors for the US government though. trump primarily hosed over smaller ones; what's he gonna do? not pay lockheed martin? :laffo:

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/snowden/status/699711656407003137

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Internet Webguy posted:

That article was a comprehensible explanation of the situation that could be digested by old people.

Unfortunately it was on Vox so the old people never saw it.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Trump was right. Not that the MSM will report it.

A 2010 Snopes report asserts that the first-listed co-founder of Judge Curiel’s group, Obledo, made the statements. They reported:

Mario Obledo was a co-founder of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF) and the La Raza Lawyers of California bar association, and he formerly served as California’s Secretary of Health and Welfare. We don’t know exactly when and where he first made his controversial statement about California’s becoming a “Hispanic state,” but he has confirmed he said it at least twice: during an appearance on Ray Briem’s talk radio show in May or June of 1998, and again on Tom Leykis’ talk radio show:

Obledo: “We’re going to take over all the political institutions of California. In five years the Hispanics are going to be the majority population of this state.”

Caller: “You also made the statement that California is going to become a Hispanic state, and if anyone doesn’t like it, they should leave. Did you say that?”

Obledo: “I did. They ought to go back to Europe.”

The statements were also reported by the New York Times in their 2010 obituary for Obledo. They wrote:

When someone put up a sign at the California border saying, “Illegal Immigration State,” he threatened to burn it down personally.

He ignited an explosive response in 1998 when he said in a radio interview that Hispanics were on the way to taking over all of California’s political institutions. He suggested that people who did not like it go back to Europe.

The Washington Post asserts that Judge Curiel is a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, which is a local affiliate of the La Raza Lawyers Association of California.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

L-Boned posted:

Trump was right. Not that the MSM will report it.

A 2010 Snopes report asserts that the first-listed co-founder of Judge Curiel’s group, Obledo, made the statements. They reported:

Mario Obledo was a co-founder of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF) and the La Raza Lawyers of California bar association, and he formerly served as California’s Secretary of Health and Welfare. We don’t know exactly when and where he first made his controversial statement about California’s becoming a “Hispanic state,” but he has confirmed he said it at least twice: during an appearance on Ray Briem’s talk radio show in May or June of 1998, and again on Tom Leykis’ talk radio show:

Obledo: “We’re going to take over all the political institutions of California. In five years the Hispanics are going to be the majority population of this state.”

Caller: “You also made the statement that California is going to become a Hispanic state, and if anyone doesn’t like it, they should leave. Did you say that?”

The statements were also reported by the New York Times in their 2010 obituary for Obledo. They wrote:

When someone put up a sign at the California border saying, “Illegal Immigration State,” he threatened to burn it down personally.

He ignited an explosive response in 1998 when he said in a radio interview that Hispanics were on the way to taking over all of California’s political institutions. He suggested that people who did not like it go back to Europe.

The Washington Post asserts that Judge Curiel is a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, which is a local affiliate of the La Raza Lawyers Association of California.

weird, i didn't know judge curiel had the nickname obledo, obviously he should be removed from the case, his judgeship taken away and maybe even flogged a bit in the lobby of trump tower

also why didn't you link the source? maybe you just forgot, i'll help you out

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/06/09/whites-go-back-europe-california-hispanic-state-said-founder-judge-curiels-group/

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

lol

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Karl Sharks posted:

also why didn't you link the source? maybe you just forgot, i'll help you out

You don't believe he has a right to protect his source. Who're you, the Bush administration?

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

ErIog posted:

You don't believe he has a right to protect his source. Who're you, the Bush administration?

So, the New York Times and Washington Post are bogus sources?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

L-Boned posted:

trump wasn't right, at the absolute best, meaning curiel was saying these things and not the cofounder of a group he's in, he would just be lucky

when pressed on this, trump had plenty of chances to say "oh he's in this group where the cofounder said mexicans will take over california"

no, he said "he is a mexican (he's not). i'm building a wall"

that is the entirety of his defense, he at least got the fact he is indeed building a wall right, so good for him

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

L-Boned posted:

he's not wrong

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Karl Sharks posted:

trump wasn't right, at the absolute best, meaning curiel was saying these things and not the cofounder of a group he's in, he would just be lucky

when pressed on this, trump had plenty of chances to say "oh he's in this group where the cofounder said mexicans will take over california"

that is the entirety of his defense, he at least got the fact he is indeed building a wall right, so good for him

At least you acknowledge the information in the articles is factually correct. Instead of being like these echo-chamber tards that attacked the link even though none of the info came from it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If only poor widdle Trump had some legal recourse to challenge the authority of the judge and open an investigation into possible bias, he could just do that instead of praying that public sentiment shifts to his side because of moderate and respected sites like Breitbart posting puff pieces

Oh well, I guess the 2nd one is the only option

Karl Sharks posted:

The funniest part is that Breitbart is getting mad about Curiel not saying that Mexicans are going to take over California, when their golden boy has been saying the same thing the whole time

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

I guess you better tell Mexicans to go back to Spain.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

L-Boned posted:

Breibart certainly is.

But by all means, keep posting about how Curiel's firey Latino ancestry means that a white billionaire just can't get justice in today's America.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

L-Boned posted:

I guess you better tell Mexicans to go back to Spain.

why should they leave their homeland for the dwellings of their conquerors? do you know the history of aztlan at all?

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Zeroisanumber posted:

Breibart certainly is.

But by all means, keep posting about how Curiel's firey Latino ancestry means that a white billionaire just can't get justice in today's America.

I'm not getting into that argument. Don't hate on Breitbart for reporting news stories that the MSM knowingly neglects because they are doing their best to protect Hillary from herself.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

L-Boned posted:

At least you acknowledge the information in the articles is factually correct. Instead of being like these echo-chamber tards that attacked the link even though none of the info came from it.

yes, your article is correct that obledo said those things, not curiel; if obledo was the judge i would see the point in asking his to recuse himself, but he's not, is he? it's curiel. do you have any sources of curiel saying anything that would even begin to hint that he was biased? oh of course you don't or you would have posted them instead

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

L-Boned posted:

I'm not getting into that argument. Don't hate on Breitbart for reporting news stories that the MSM knowingly neglects because they are doing their best to protect Hillary from herself.

Breibart is a poo poo site where poo poo people go to poo poo.

Poop, really.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

ohrwurm posted:

has trump actually laid out any policies yet
i'm gonna guess no

Build the Wall.
End outsourcing.
No refugees. No Hillaries.

I think it is a solid platform.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Karl Sharks posted:

yes, your article is correct that obledo said those things, not curiel; if obledo was the judge i would see the point in asking his to recuse himself, but he's not, is he? it's curiel. do you have any sources of curiel saying anything that would even begin to hint that he was biased? oh of course you don't or you would have posted them instead

Well, he belongs to La Raza, which advocates immigration reform that gives all illegals citizenship. I find it hard to believe you can't see a big conflict of interests there.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

L-Boned posted:

Well, he belongs to La Raza, which advocates immigration reform that gives all illegals citizenship. I find it hard to believe you can't see a big conflict of interests there.

Even if La Raza were just as sinister as cryptofascists like Breitbart want it to be, you'd still have no leg to stand on here; Trump's argument isn't that Curiel is a La Raza member, it's that he's a Mexican.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

L-Boned posted:

no, he doesn't belong to the nation council of laza and it's disingenuous of you to shorten it to just "la raza"

he belongs to san diego la raza lawyer association, which is basically the lainto/a bar association, so if you're involved in law and latino/latina you are probably a member

• Locked thread