Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Don't think of it too much more than what it is, it's smoke because he's going fast.

Mega Man/Sonic/Mario/Any loving thing we played as kids: Don't think of it too much more than what it is.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
The animated opening cutscene for X3 clearly shows that they are jet thrusters.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
It's nice to see comcept completely borrowing the prototype zero design from Unlimited.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

It's nice to see comcept completely borrowing the prototype zero design from Unlimited.

Excuse me this is Mighty No 0 Rei, which is completely different from Zero.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

TaurusOxford posted:

The animated opening cutscene for X3 clearly shows that they are jet thrusters.

there wasn't an actual megaman x anime was there?

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
The feet holes are exhaust tubes from the internal reactor
The dash works by expelling energy through them
Spikes are insta-death because they go straight up and pierce the reactor

Bam, MegaLogic is airtight

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Like an anime fan on prom night.

There wasn't, other than the PSP Megaman X reboot called Maverick Hunter X. Apparently it came with a short movie prequel before the events of sigma going crazy and it was some 20 minute animes.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Here is my personal theory: Mega Man is a robot.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Uncle Wemus posted:

I was referring to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JS4iMSC_i8

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

There's is the The Day of Σ OVA when you beat Mega Man Maverick Hunter.

Also I sure those holes were jets because Hardman is 3 tons and needs a third jet on his butt to even jump and one on his head to help get out of the ground after he does a head bonk.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

Nah, but there's several weird manga (X gets a mermaid gf) and X's appearance in the Ruby-Spears cartoon though.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tell me more about mermaid girlfriend.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

WDIIA posted:

The feet holes are exhaust tubes from the internal reactor
The dash works by expelling energy through them
Spikes are insta-death because they go straight up and pierce the reactor

Bam, MegaLogic is airtight

Works for X, but what about MM? He doesn't dash.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Motto posted:

Nah, but there's several weird manga (X gets a mermaid gf) and X's appearance in the Ruby-Spears cartoon though.

Mandatory mention of the Brazilian comic book goes here.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

gandlethorpe posted:

Works for X, but what about MM? He doesn't dash.

He jumps.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

One gripe I have with MN9 among many, even though I'll never buy the game: That boss fight looks incredibly dull because it's just two small/very far-away characters duking it out in a large, static room. You'd never encounter this in Shovel Knight or Shante because the visuals work on a portable console, hence everything is close-up, legible and expressive. It's why Blackadder 1 was a bit of a misfire with its scope. You can see Rowan Atkinson fall off his horse from 50-feet away and that may as well be anyone, but show him up close and he'll make you laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS12p0Zqlt0

The 2D polygonal MegaMan games seem to fall into this trap a lot, with the exception of the two remakes on PSP that seemed to nail it pretty drat well. Dunno why that is.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Takoluka posted:

"Marty (マーティ Māti?, also known as "Marti" and "Merti") is a tsundere mermaid Reploid created for aquatic rescues, who harbors a crush on X."

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I just saw some comic frames of Top Man criticizing the way Mega Man is getting through his stage. It looked amusing. Is this from the Archie comic? If so, is it an entertaining series?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

I just saw some comic frames of Top Man criticizing the way Mega Man is getting through his stage. It looked amusing. Is this from the Archie comic? If so, is it an entertaining series?

That was Archie.

Edit: also they gave Storm Eagle a girlfriend.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 10, 2016

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Ahaha it's a goddamn sewer level.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Takoluka posted:

she's cute

E: and also a pirate

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'm the BR comic X tries to gently caress Roll but she ain't into it and eventually he starts a thing with Kalinka´s bodyguard robot instead. At least I think she was a robot. I'm not sure if they ever make that clear.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Jarogue posted:

Edit: also they gave Storm Eagle a girlfriend.

What.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Reading the MM wiki made me remember that X3's Bit/Byte fusion is called Godkarmachine O' Inary and that no other name in all of MM comes close to being that good.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Axle the Red.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

One gripe I have with MN9 among many, even though I'll never buy the game: That boss fight looks incredibly dull because it's just two small/very far-away characters duking it out in a large, static room. You'd never encounter this in Shovel Knight or Shante because the visuals work on a portable console, hence everything is close-up, legible and expressive. It's why Blackadder 1 was a bit of a misfire with its scope. You can see Rowan Atkinson fall off his horse from 50-feet away and that may as well be anyone, but show him up close and he'll make you laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS12p0Zqlt0

On a related note, MN9 would be way more well regarded if they hired Brian Blessed to voice whoever the hell the villain is.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Takoluka posted:

Reading the MM wiki made me remember that X3's Bit/Byte fusion is called Godkarmachine O' Inary and that no other name in all of MM comes close to being that good.

duff mcFUCKINGwhalen

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I think we can all agree that naming video game anthropomorphic robots after members of rock/metal bands is awesome

See also: Guilty Gear

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Missed the discussion from the last page but I would just like to say I had a snap-together MMX4 Ultimate Armor figurine and it was pretty baller.

drunk asian neighbor posted:

I think we can all agree that naming video game anthropomorphic robots after members of rock/metal bands is awesome

See also: Guilty Gear

Also Jojo though with fewer robots.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Duff McWhalen is pretty good, but at least it makes you go "Hell yeah!" instead of "wait, what?"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

My good friend metal shark player

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I looked it up and apparently she's just a lady robot, not a bird lady robot

(on the left)

also apparently she didn't do much and blew up

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

watching_megaman_LPs.jpg

It's not as good as Ariga's manga and it's very evident it's targetting younger folks but it's indeed entertaining nonetheless. The creators are big fans and it shows, there are little winks and references everywhere, pro purchase.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/10/keiji-inafune-expresses-regret-mighty-no-9s-delay-looking-forward-sequel/

So apparently the reason for MN9's delays was because of how many consoles it was coming to. Also they are already planning to make a sequel even if this one doesn't sell. Oh, and he wants to make Japanese games great again.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Black Mage Knight posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/10/keiji-inafune-expresses-regret-mighty-no-9s-delay-looking-forward-sequel/

So apparently the reason for MN9's delays was because of how many consoles it was coming to. Also they are already planning to make a sequel even if this one doesn't sell.

I mean, it makes sense, it's literally impossible for them to lose money on the game at this point.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I really don't get his mentality of "Japanese games bad, Western games good". People loving love games from Japan, at least as much as they do Western games.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Japanese games used to be like 9 out of 10 of everyone's top 10 lists. Now it's like 4/10 or less depending on the genres.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Battle Network is getting an arrange disc. :toot:

Tracks:
1. Running Through the Cyber World (NumberMan.EXE Stage Theme/BN1 Heroic Theme)
2. Hometown (ACDC theme)
3. Fire Field (FireMan.EXE Stage Theme)
4. Virus Busting (BN2 Battle Theme)
5. You Can't Go Back (BN2 Final Stage Theme)
6. Final Transmission (BN3 Final Stage Theme)
7. farewell (BN3 Credits Theme)
8. Main Theme of BN4... is what it says, but the sample is mostly Battle Pressure (BN4 Tournament Battle Theme)
9. Go! BN4.5 Battle Theme Medley
10. A Total War (BN5 Final Stage Theme)
11. Surge of Power (BN6 Boss Theme)

EDIT: Man, a lot of these arranges just make me go :psyduck:.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 11, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Japanese games used to be like 9 out of 10 of everyone's top 10 lists. Now it's like 4/10 or less depending on the genres.

Nah, it's still that. Like in 2015 the Witcher 3 was super high but the rest of the lists were like Bloodborne/Dark Souls, Metal Gear, Mario Maker, Splatoon, ect. Japanese games that are good are as popular as ever. There are fewer coming out than before but that's both due to a changing market and an increase in competition, not because people suddenly hate Japanese games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, it's still that. Like in 2015 the Witcher 3 was super high but the rest of the lists were like Bloodborne/Dark Souls, Metal Gear, Mario Maker, Splatoon, ect. Japanese games that are good are as popular as ever. There are fewer coming out than before but that's both due to a changing market and an increase in competition, not because people suddenly hate Japanese games.

Fair enough. I think Inafune's perspective probably comes from working at Capcom for so long, a company that has definitely lost a lot of luster in the west in the past decade or so.