Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

...I was under the impression that this was a major selling point.

Not if you're sexist!

Also, Amergin, if you were the Amergin in the Overwatch game I just played and won, thank you for the healing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, that really paints the whole email thing in a much better light, and it almost suggest that not having a private server would actually have been worse due to the low security and ancient technology they had.

The third major thing I keep hearing about Clinton is something about 10k a plate dinner that all the money what funneled into a personal account or something? It's very vague but always referred to as a money laundering scheme, but without any details and will probably turn out to be be something that every single politician does, except Bernie, so they can point to her and say "see, Bernie doesn't do that!".

Man, I must know a lot of lovely Bernie supporters, either that or they just uncritically share stuff.

Was this the Clooney fundraiser? Because yeah that's someone cherry picking the gently caress out of campaign finance law on something that might appear devious at first glance (or with a very basic understanding of campaign finance law) but it's not only 100% above board it's also how both parties coordinate money to down ticket campaigns that need them.

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 10, 2016

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

McAlister posted:

This is primarily a meta-argument about how the email scandal accusations are framed. :science:
Thank you for this post McAlister. And yep, gonna use this to explain this to nutterbutters that moved from "Bengazi!" to "12k Suits!!" to "Emails!1!!1"

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
The White House put out an ad for the upcoming United State of Women conference they're holding and it's pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFyd0H0tpes

I don't know if any conservatives will actually see this, but if they do I expect a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth.

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx

Grognan posted:

That is exactly what she did though? It was all on the same server unless you are drawing the distinction at email address instead of hardware that hosted it.

No.

She used it instead of an unclassified .gov email. The classified system is something else entirely. It's not even connected to the civilian internet.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIPRNet

One of the accusations in the right wing media is that she sneaker-netted a few classified documents from a SIPRNet terminal to the unclassified email system. The quote you'll see for that will have a snippet from her emails with the word "nonpaper" in it ... which is industry jargon for removing the classified bits so that you can release the rest. telling an aid to make it nonpaper and send it is not a problem.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Old James posted:

Why not keep your existing state flag?

That's a decent good point seeing as how it's the only team that can't gently caress off to greener pastures lower tax, higher municipal investment locations. Still doesn't represent all the vikings fans near the border :getin:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

McAlister posted:

This isn't one I've researched in depth. My first glance reaction to it based on the timing of when it started showing up was that it was a counterattack to pointing out that Bernie never fundraisers or stumps for anyone else or helps out other progressives. That was always a criticism but it gained traction when Hillary launched the Hillary victory fund which split donations between her campaign and down ticket candidates. Calling the victory fund a scam fits the general pattern of :

"Look at this cool thing Hillary is doing!"

":mad: thing isn't really cool! Thing is bad!"

So for example if you bring up the foundation people claim it doesn't really do good works and is jus a scam. Point out how nice it is that her daughter works there 35 hours a week for a salary of $0 and they start talking about how being able to volunteer is a privilege of the out of touch wealthy and thus her doing so is not an indication of being raised caring with a spirit of service but is in fact an indication of being a spoiled rich girl we should hate.

As I recall they were latching onto the fact that the funds were split and acting like she was representing the fund as purely for down ticket and nefariously hiding her cut from donors when she was actually being perfectly open about it ( it was explained if you were signed up to her mailing list for example ) and it was her star power selling the fundraising tickets in the first place.

I'm confident of how the fund works, and the timing of a "never helps", "fraud" slap fight. I'm not confident that the fraud allegations you are talking about are those fraud allegation or that those were specifically about the victory fund ( I skimmed at the time ). It's been awhile and there are so many bs allegations clogging up Google.

It still sounds like again, mountain = molehill thinking, and again, people are primed ot hate Hillary because holy poo poo I've never seen someone that is just poo poo upon by half the country for so long. Even Obama has only gotten it for less than a decade. Which actually works in Hillary's favor becuase all we'll hear are the same old chestnuts, and she already has defended against those, plus anyone who's going to buy into it already has, so its not like they're going to change any minds.

They also seem to like to bring up stuff she said in the past. Like how she wasn't for gay marriage until now, well guess what genius so was the majority of the loving country, but now that's changed, it's called changing your mind because you realize that you're wrong and got new information on the subject. But when a politician changes their mind, its bad because they're just doing what will get them votes.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 10, 2016

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx
Thanks all for reading.

Makes me feel like all the research I've done wasn't a complete waste of time.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

McAlister posted:

Thanks all for reading.

:glomp:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
No, thank you. It's going to help when my Bernie supporter friends bring up those subjects and act like the choice between Trump and Hillary is literally like choosing between Hitler and Stalin.

I can't remember which one, but one of the hosts of the Podcast Trends like These says this "Think about the Supreme Court, Hillary's nominee will be inherently more liberal than Trumps, that means Citizens United, LBGQT rights and many other things will turn out better than they otherwise would.".

Which is true. I'd imagine Trump would nominate some scumbag lawyer he has on retainer to help him get away with being a slumlord or some Bork level nutcase. I still dream of Chief Justice Obama though.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

No, thank you. It's going to help when my Bernie supporter friends bring up those subjects and act like the choice between Trump and Hillary is literally like choosing between Hitler and Stalin.

I can't remember which one, but one of the hosts of the Podcast Trends like These says this "Think about the Supreme Court, Hillary's nominee will be inherently more liberal than Trumps, that means Citizens United, LBGQT rights and many other things will turn out better than they otherwise would.".

Which is true. I'd imagine Trump would nominate some scumbag lawyer he has on retainer to help him get away with being a slumlord or some Bork level nutcase. I still dream of Chief Justice Obama though.

This argument is an easy one to dispel:

Trump has already indicated that he will let the Heritage Foundation pick another bunch of Scalias

Clinton was one of the first people to attack Citizens United, and attacked them so hard that she's still enemy #1 to this day They're going to release a 2nd full length movie dedicated entirely to smearing her, even. CU ain't safe under a Clinton presidency, it's going to be her litmus test probably, along with protecting abortion rights.

Show them those links and they will see the light call you a CTR-funded MSM whore shill who hates America and gently caress you and die you corporate whore :sigh:

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

They also seem to like to bring up stuff she said in the past. Like how she wasn't for gay marriage until now, well guess what genius so was the majority of the loving country, but now that's changed, it's called changing your mind because you realize that you're wrong and got new information on the subject. But when a politician changes their mind, its bad because they're just doing what will get them votes.

Honestly a politician changing their position to match popular opinion shouldn't be a bad thing. It demonstrates at least some sensitivity to voter preferences as opposed to being completely influenced by lobbyists and major donors. This leads to some unfortunate results like supporting the Iraq war because 2/3 of the country are war-craving lunatics but that's democracy.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

twistedmentat posted:

some Bork level nutcase.

The obliteration of Bork is quite possibly the finest hour of Supreme Court nomination shenanigans in the last century. He made Scalia and Alito look like raving communists grown in vats beneath the Kremlin.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

McAlister posted:

Thanks all for reading.

It's to bad that you and Joementum will have to fight to the death.

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx

Hollismason posted:

It's to bad that you and Joementum will have to fight to the death.

Eh, our interests will be aligned as things move toward the general.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

McAlister posted:

Thanks all for reading.

I appreciate your perspective.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

twistedmentat posted:

Where does accountability start then? How much of a pass does Clinton get because she really thought black kids were super predators?

Also jesus loving christ, can the Clinton email poo poo be bannable in this thread? IG said she violated policies, the FBI investigation is a whole other issue, enough said. Nobody in USPol is going to change their mind.

BetterToRuleInHell fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 10, 2016

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

McAlister posted:

Thanks all for reading.

I never post in here (except once accidentally when I fell asleep using the app) but just wanted to say you (and Joemomentum) are my favorite posters. I just got into an argument over Hillary's emails and your post is extremely helpful. I'm always happy to see one of your (or Joe's) posts!

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Where does accountability start then? How much of a pass does Clinton get because she really thought black kids were super predators?

Also jesus loving christ, can the Clinton email poo poo be bannable in this thread? IG said she violated policies, the FBI investigation is a whole other issue, enough said. Nobody in USPol is going to change their mind.

I enjoy how you say this like a page after someone made a huge effort post that some people said changed their minds.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

twistedmentat posted:

In addition to the Supreme Court, she's going to be in control of all the executive agencies. Remember all those good things Obama's Labor, EPA, and Justice Departments have done recently? Yeah, none of that poo poo happens under President Trump and large portions of it probably get dropped.

You think President Trump would change the Overtime Rules, or fight pollution with the EPA? Do you think he'd pursue Civil Rights and Voting Rights with the Justice Department? Do you think he'd try and bring the war on terror poo poo show under the oversight of civilian courts instead of military tribunals? Work to let LGB service members serve openly, fight the attempts to get birth control taken out of the ACA, or fight for the ACA in general?

President Clinton gets to fill all the judicial vacancies, keep Obama's executive orders in place, continue his Labor and Civil Rights policies, regulate with the EPA, and (weak though it may be) regulate Wall Street. She's also not going to flip out on the Chinese President, encourage nuclear proliferation, antagonize Mexico, call Merkel fugly, and then have a photo op with Putin and some Russian models.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

FourLeaf posted:

I have to be honest that all the news about Zika is scaring the poo poo out of me, especially since I live in the South and my job is 95% outside.

I mean if 80% of Puerto Ricans getting it is a possibility, then my chances don't seem very good. I suppose the only consolation is that I'm not planning to get pregnant anytime soon.

Please tell me that this is Ebola Freakout 2.0 and my fears are unwarranted.

Older post but it reminded me that the World Health Organization has announced that the best strategy to combat the spread of Zika in largely affected countries is to delay pregnancy. Multiple countries are now at a point where their best course of action isn't medicine or environmental action but to to avoid pregnancies altogether.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Yes, she certainly said that all black kids are super predators. It wasn't at all a reference to the hosed up popular notion of gangs in the early '90s, responding to what would turn out to be the last spluttering gasps of the "crime wave" plaguing the US for then decades. This right on the heals of the national panic over satanic cults.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jeb! is a mess

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Gyges posted:

In addition to the Supreme Court, she's going to be in control of all the executive agencies. Remember all those good things Obama's Labor, EPA, and Justice Departments have done recently? Yeah, none of that poo poo happens under President Trump and large portions of it probably get dropped.

You think President Trump would change the Overtime Rules, or fight pollution with the EPA? Do you think he'd pursue Civil Rights and Voting Rights with the Justice Department? Do you think he'd try and bring the war on terror poo poo show under the oversight of civilian courts instead of military tribunals? Work to let LGB service members serve openly, fight the attempts to get birth control taken out of the ACA, or fight for the ACA in general?

President Clinton gets to fill all the judicial vacancies, keep Obama's executive orders in place, continue his Labor and Civil Rights policies, regulate with the EPA, and (weak though it may be) regulate Wall Street. She's also not going to flip out on the Chinese President, encourage nuclear proliferation, antagonize Mexico, call Merkel fugly, and then have a photo op with Putin and some Russian models.

She would maybe briefly try to break bread with the right, but probably immediately go into war mode the moment they won't stop saying Ben Ghazi whenever she gets to the part where they have to do something for her, right goddamn now in Congress. I know she will likely be just another Obama for two years trying to get something out of a Red Senate and House that will go into a Quadruple Overtime that will make The Islamic Shock's obstruction look tame, and she may go hardcore centrist just to get the likes of Ted Cruz to go as Bipartisan as they could comfortably get, but If I hope for anything, its that she is permanently pissed off and keeps going like she's talking poo poo to Trump.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

There's some semblance of scale between the animals. Like, badgers are bigger than foxes which are about the same size as otters which are bigger than squirrels etc, but it's not as insane as it would be if they were actual-nature-sized. A badger is only like two or three times the size of a mouse. Though in the first book, it seemed a bit more exaggerated, and then the sizes were made a bit less extreme. Also, the first book is the only time the existence of dog is mentioned, as well as other nearby towns that are not Redwall. Ol' Racist Brian clearly made some revisions to the setting once he decided to make the racist animal children's book equivalent of the Wheel of Time.

Also, for those who doubt that the books actually have racial overtones, there's one book, Outcast of Redwall, in which a ferret is abandoned as a baby near Redwall and adopted into the abbey. At least a solid third of the book is about him growing up and struggling against his "verminous nature" and eventually succumbing to his inherent racial evil and trying to poison someone.

help

Don't forget that at the end he dies to save his adoptive mother, and all of the good animals are going "Oh wow maybe Veil had some good in him after all" and the adoptive mother he just saved goes all "Nope, he was a vermin. Evil from birth. He didn't really mean to save me", putting the weak willed and naive animals in their place.

Its not a LotR Orcs situation. It's ridiculously heavy handed in it's message which is: "some races are born evil, and even if you think they might be doing something good, it's them cleverly tricking you. Kill them all or they'll dolchstoss you!"

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Crabtree posted:

She would maybe briefly try to break bread with the right, but probably immediately go into war mode the moment they won't stop saying Ben Ghazi whenever she gets to the part where they have to do something for her, right goddamn now in Congress. I know she will likely be just another Obama for two years trying to get something out of a Red Senate and House that will go into a Quadruple Overtime that will make The Islamic Shock's obstruction look tame, and she may go hardcore centrist just to get the likes of Ted Cruz to go as Bipartisan as they could comfortably get, but If I hope for anything, its that she is permanently pissed off and keeps going like she's talking poo poo to Trump.

She's probably going to be in a similar position to Obama in 2012. Slight Dem Senate and a GOP House. They're going to go ahead and ram through all of the appointments they can before 2018 when the Senate goes back to GOP control. Hillary is never going to be like '08 Obama, futilely trying to get the GOP to agree on anything. She's going to start with a bunker mentality and a stack of daggers with sons of bitches' names engraved on them.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Someone should toss a link to McAlister's email post in the thread OP so people can find it again later.

That Clinton controversy wikipedia page has a truckload of information, but sorting out which parts of the narrative are true and which parts are spin is nearly impossible when I'm coming at the topic with near-zero prior knowledge. McAlister's post helps because it breaks things down cleanly between "Here is what we know to be true" and "Here are the angles that conservatives are pushing".

Could use more of that kind of summary on other Clinton controversies.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

"delete your account" is the "nice meltdown" of twitter

Except for the fact that anyone who has ever used the phrase "nice meltdown" is a total moron.

Hillary just demonstrated that "delete your account" has been a witty and appropriate retort at least once in history.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
While it's not a classically well designed flag, I have always had a soft spot for the Virginia flag:

That is Virtus, a figure of peace, standing over a tyrant, wielding a symbol of authority, not combat. Underneath it is the official state motto, 'Sic Semper Tyrannus' or 'Thus Always to Tyrants'.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Gyges posted:

She's going to start with a bunker mentality and a stack of daggers with sons of bitches' names engraved on them.

The Dread Queen's desire to carefully and meticulously disembowel every GOP higher-up until she runs out of places to store the entrails without causing biohazard problems for the water supply is a big part of my support. :3:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Good seal, bad flag.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Schizotek posted:

Don't forget that at the end he dies to save his adoptive mother, and all of the good animals are going "Oh wow maybe Veil had some good in him after all" and the adoptive mother he just saved goes all "Nope, he was a vermin. Evil from birth. He didn't really mean to save me", putting the weak willed and naive animals in their place.

Its not a LotR Orcs situation. It's ridiculously heavy handed in it's message which is: "some races are born evil, and even if you think they might be doing something good, it's them cleverly tricking you. Kill them all or they'll dolchstoss you!"

Wasn't there one that was just the opposite with a mouse or a hare or something getting raised by evil pirate wharf rats, but ending up on the side of heroes because of their inherent goodness?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Grognan posted:

I'm not a republican but I do like the people I am trusting to run the government with my vote actually are accountable with FOIA requests and all. I would hate to wake up and find a Nixon breaking the rules.

Obama already updated the State Dept's rules so this won't happen again, the IG did a full report, the FBI is investigating, what more do you need.

Jail Clinton? Cut off her blackberryin hand? Declare her candidacy retroactively void and nominate O'Malley? Or what.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

GladRagKraken posted:

Judging by the way Cruz got skunked by Trump among evangelicals, I'm gonna suggest that your third group is just a subset of your second group.

It seems that way now. But I remember the 1980's and 1990's I spent time around a much more tamer and functional version of what prestor talks about.

There are "believers" the UN was gonna create the new world order. CIA black helicopters, etc. Playboy and rap music was gonna corrupt our children. I found a link to some youtube video where a preacher goes down the list of 1980's cartoons and points all the satanic messages in them.

Voltron had withes and princess that talks to the dead. Rainbow bright was new edge. He-Man had the big bang mentioned She-Ra had magic. My favorite is that the smurfs are blue, and you turn blue when you die so they are zombies, plus their is no female smurf. HONEST TO GOD A PREACHER BROUGHT UP THE PLOT POINT THAT GARGAMEL CREATED SMURFETTE

The Smurfs are "Zombie Homosexuals"

These groups had a fringe media source you had preachers who shilled for the GOP, PAT ROBERTSON, DR JAMES DOBSON with Focus on the family. producing videos and lecture courses.

The GOP was able to make a few hints here and there do a few dog whistles about the importance of family and our nations christian heritage, and get some bonus votes. But just like the racist block the GOP depends on them too much. What went from a nice little boost kept gaining more and more prominence

Prestor is correct about those peoples mentality they do live with a inner narrative they the hero of their own story, There is an epic battle between good and evil and they are destined to be on the winning side, because of this they have no loving plan other than to show up. They do not understand nuance, and because they have that bad facist habit of believing their enemy is both all powerful and weak at the same time. Goldwater had the best quote about them

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible drat problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them."

And thats the source of one of the worst traits the GOP has they cant even be seen as willing to work with the enemy thats betrayal.

Yes trump has the racist and you might even say the christians with the anti muslims stuff but I still think anti muslim stuff if just another form of racism.

Trump is way too worldly for the "believers" as evangelicals call themselves now.

But I think in the world of identity politics the evangelical label will give way to self described "Christians" who are more concerned with political participation then religious practice.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

max4me posted:

It seems that way now. But I remember the 1980's and 1990's I spent time around a much more tamer and functional version of what prestor talks about.

There are "believers" the UN was gonna create the new world order. CIA black helicopters, etc. Playboy and rap music was gonna corrupt our children. I found a link to some youtube video where a preacher goes down the list of 1980's cartoons and points all the satanic messages in them.

Voltron had withes and princess that talks to the dead. Rainbow bright was new edge. He-Man had the big bang mentioned She-Ra had magic. My favorite is that the smurfs are blue, and you turn blue when you die so they are zombies, plus their is no female smurf. HONEST TO GOD A PREACHER BROUGHT UP THE PLOT POINT THAT GARGAMEL CREATED SMURFETTE

The Smurfs are "Zombie Homosexuals"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSXwWZ2SFw4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKIQ7T-t_V4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4RafjgHJWo

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Prester Jane posted:

Trump is a narcissist

From a few pages ago, but being a narcissist sounds pretty hellish actually. It sounds kind of untreatable. How we have really gained that much insight into narcissists? As described they sound kind of impenetrable.

Oh ok, you're saying you were surrounded by them, PJ. That sounds terrible. :(

vorebane fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jun 10, 2016

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
This piece that compares polls thankfully paints a good picture wrt to Bernie supporters and unification. Using the Trump albatross to take down republicans will be cool :hfive:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Someone should toss a link to McAlister's email post in the thread OP so people can find it again later.

That Clinton controversy wikipedia page has a truckload of information, but sorting out which parts of the narrative are true and which parts are spin is nearly impossible when I'm coming at the topic with near-zero prior knowledge. McAlister's post helps because it breaks things down cleanly between "Here is what we know to be true" and "Here are the angles that conservatives are pushing".

Could use more of that kind of summary on other Clinton controversies.

What we could use is some journalists with integrity and balls to sort through the bullshit and actually report what the facts are. The whole "truth must be in the middle", "every side deserves to be aired" crap, coupled with the necessity of wanting a horse race to report on for ratings, and by god if there's not one we'll create one, is eroding public trust in the news and the government. Trump is as much a creation of modern crap journalism as he is of the GOP.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

FourLeaf posted:

I have to be honest that all the news about Zika is scaring the poo poo out of me, especially since I live in the South and my job is 95% outside.

I mean if 80% of Puerto Ricans getting it is a possibility, then my chances don't seem very good. I suppose the only consolation is that I'm not planning to get pregnant anytime soon.

Please tell me that this is Ebola Freakout 2.0 and my fears are unwarranted.

derail time, I used to do a bunch of OSP work before moving into an office but the stuff that worked like a champ was this:

use permatherin for your clothes, backpack, hat, etc

use picaridin for your skin

i've never had issues with any bugs other than ants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

FourLeaf posted:

I actually recently went down the rabbit hole and read through a bunch of Conservative Christian blogs and found out about The Benedict Option. Basically a call for believers to acknowledge they've lost the culture wars, the Republicans are frauds, and it's time to withdraw from society and live in like-minded religious communities where the government can't force them to deal with LGBT people.

The weird thing is, that's completely consistent with the Bible. Rend onto Ceasar, etc...

• Locked thread