Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Amoeba102 posted:

Change ballot papers to circles, with text aligned along the radius such that there is no first position.

Use the vote compass to assign votes to parties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Redcordial posted:

I made a formal report at the local police station earlier, regarding the vehicle that reversed into me and my motorbike yesterday.

I'm happy that the plates matched the description of the vehicle, and given it was a hit and run I'm hopefully, almost certain to be reimbursed for damages.

The plates were registered to an address in Ballarat... Maybe that explains why he was so uncooperative, possible UPF soldier??

On the reals, I'm quite happy that I memorised the plates correctly until I arrived where my exam was about to be underway.. what a loving day. I just hope I can get the money back for my destroyed tire and towing bills...

UPF dickheads managing to wreck quite a few days this week. At least you werent taking the train or trying to use the highway yesterday.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico

SynthOrange posted:

UPF dickheads managing to wreck quite a few days this week. At least you werent taking the train or trying to use the highway yesterday.

I was just joking regarding the UPF reference, but I DID say that because he looked just like the type of people who would call me a bleeding-heart lefty scuml0rd.

Anyway, gently caress that guy and gently caress the guy that abused you, too..

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thanks. Feeling much better today. I was a bit 'Ugh I shouldnt have smashed that phone' but today is 'Hey at least I smashed up that phone' :v:

Anyway, rip jobs and growth

quote:

The great unwinding of the once-in-a-century mining boom is only halfway through and another 50,000 jobs are still likely to be shed, according to the National Australia Bank.

NAB's research found that mining investment is currently more than halfway through the investment cycle, while employment is slightly below the half-way mark largely due to the labour intensity of the big LNG projects in Queensland and Western Australia.

"Our models suggest that mining investment is likely to fall by around 70 per cent from its current level over the next three years - implying that we are currently just over halfway down the mining investment 'cliff'," NAB head of Australian Economics Riki Polygenis said.

"We expect approximately 50,000 more mining jobs to be shed, which is expected to bottom out in the next two-and-half years," Ms Polgenis noted.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Mr Oakeshott, who retired as the member for Lyne in 2013 after backing the Gillard government in the last hung Parliament, will stand against Nationals MP Luke Hartsuyker in the safe NSW seat of Cowper.

Some sort of Independent Coalition that decided to gently caress the Nationals.

EDIT
With a record 151 candidates on the NSW Senate ballot paper, the Health Australia Party won the sought after first position. The party promotes natural medicine over prescription vaccines.

The Liberal Democratic Party won the favourable fourth column position in NSW, ahead of the Coalition in sixth and Labor at 14th.
Hmmm

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
Its sounds like we can get more sillier candidates to the Senate now.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

Thanks. Feeling much better today. I was a bit 'Ugh I shouldnt have smashed that phone' but today is 'Hey at least I smashed up that phone' :v:

Anyway, rip jobs and growth

Urgghh gently caress. Good job for putting all your eggs in the mining boom basket Australia.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Haha. What game is that?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Hearts of Iron 4, apparently reddit is up in arms because a fascist australia would never call itself the empire of the platypus

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

There are mods that change the name to Oceania :v

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

going on my steam wish list

i hope its good cause i couldn't get into Hearts of Iron 3 since it was so ridiculously complicated

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TheIllestVillain posted:

going on my steam wish list

i hope its good cause i couldn't get into Hearts of Iron 3 since it was so ridiculously complicated

game is good - much easier to get into than HOI3.

:lol:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
lol, Labor are preferencing Abbott ahead of that dude who isn't Abbott

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Solemn Sloth posted:

it's the best way to get abbott out

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

of loving course they are.

got a link?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Frogmanv2 posted:

got a link?

Abbott's a walking talking attack line, this is them giving themselves future ammo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Frogmanv2 posted:

got a link?

The guys Twitter account

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

tithin posted:

Abbott's a walking talking attack line, this is them giving themselves future ammo

And its still stupid, because its not like the LNP doesnt have a plethora of other walking talking attack lines. Anyone with half a brain could come up with decent talking points to crush the LNP in the polls.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Frogmanv2 posted:

And its still stupid, because its not like the LNP doesnt have a plethora of other walking talking attack lines. Anyone with half a brain could come up with decent talking points to crush the LNP in the polls.

doesn't work when your policies are the same

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
the lnp's baby murdering policy doesn't go too far enough

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Frogmanv2 posted:

That's why the ALP is trying their best not to defeat any LNP members, they don't want to miss out on their attack lines

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

How busy is that road the houses are on?

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ReachTEL posted:

GhostWhoVotes @GhostWhoVotes
#ReachTEL Poll Federal 2 Party Preferred: L/NP 50 (0) ALP 50 (0) #ausvotes

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

It's interesting seeing how well that well vegetated patch up the top survived by comparison.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wierd how all those trees at the top are untouched huh? :iiam:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hung parliament?

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Another First Dog:

Kitty:

She and several of her kittens came down with some gastrointestinal virus that hit them very hard. In her case her body just crashed out from under her and she spent two days at the ER when the stress of it sent her heart bonkers. She is recovering now, despite coming pretty close to dying.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aw jeez poor kitty.

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011

Anidav posted:

Hung parliament?

Certainly seems that way, especially if things like this are happening:

GhostWhoVotes posted:

#ReachTEL Poll Seat of Grey 2 Party Preferred: LIB 46 (-17.5 from 2013) NXT 54 (+54) #ausvotes

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

#ReachTEL Poll Seat of Grey 2 Party Preferred: LIB 46 (-17.5 from 2013) NXT 54 (+54)

Would an nxt-lib minority be more likely or a NXT green alp govt?

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011

Anidav posted:

Would an nxt-lib minority be more likely or a NXT green alp govt?

All parties band together to form a thousand-year empire under the leadership of Tony Windsor.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Greens majority parliment :unsmigghh:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Labor-Green-Xenophon-Windsor government

Rolls off the tongue

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
$120 of ponytars on the last few pages.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its not even a particularly interesting ponytar. Same one for a whole bunch of people. Low effort. Rating: D-.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/WarringahLabor/status/741186648998707200

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin
It really is a boon that the flip side of libertarianism being really inherently appealing to stupid people is that libertarianism only has stupid people to spruik it. Thanks LibertyCat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico
Yeah, you loving jerk Libertyshat.

<<<This picture is terrible, but what is worse is that you either accessed it within the minute of my post and changed my av, or you already had this stupid loving pony in your device.

You would have to know what you were looking for to search it so quick, or you are equally as sad and have pictures of ponies on your system for when people upset you. This is enlightening to me.

Redcordial fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jun 10, 2016

• Locked thread