Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
That's fair, although I thought the later chapters did a good job making their hang-ups not seem contrived at all. Well, for the senpai and her friend anyway. I don't really see how the MC has a problem as such in the first place, and Maki well let's agree he's pretty bad, thankfully also fairly minor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

None of that (besides Maki) bothers me as-is, just makes me worry about the author fumbling by dragging out an issue for a volume or two too long or resolving it poorly.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

There's a new Harada manga w/ a full volume translated and it's ongoing - Color Recipe
Some nice color pages, and it's more psychological than smutty (though it has that too). Definitely still has that Harada touch :stare:

I thought it was a one-shot? Anyways I like the MC and it was sooo close to a healthy relationship well in manga at least. I feel like it'd be a plot twist where everyone is actually stable 2/3 of the time. I've read her other works and I feel like the lower drama is somewhat better vs BF is a control freak/crazy.

Someday...

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alder posted:

I thought it was a one-shot? Anyways I like the MC and it was sooo close to a healthy relationship well in manga at least. I feel like it'd be a plot twist where everyone is actually stable 2/3 of the time. I've read her other works and I feel like the lower drama is somewhat better vs BF is a control freak/crazy.

Someday...

well baka says ongoing and the end was to be continued so maybe it'll have a volume 2? Kinda wondering how it will ramp up from there.

I want more Yatamomo more than anything though

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Last three chapters of Shirogane no Ou - Fenrir Craft came out, it's finally done! Very cool that a long-dead translation finally got completed and that they even redid some of the chapters so they're better quality. Definitely read Bamboo Feathers' version of those old chapters, I don't think all the reader sites have both versions (batoto does at least). Remember to start with the prequel if you haven't read any of it.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

well baka says ongoing and the end was to be continued so maybe it'll have a volume 2? Kinda wondering how it will ramp up from there.

I want more Yatamomo more than anything though

Yes I'm curious too how the story will go esp with the minor characters. I just want MC to be happy :gbsmith:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm really bummed the official release of Graduate/Sotsugyousei is missing pages :( Apparently all the chapter title pages and extras were pulled due to licensing requests. I've read the scans like 3x so I kinda feel obligated to still buy it though lol

I hope the other books eventually get licensed, the scans for Sora to Hara are horrible and I'd love to have a good quality version even if only digital.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
New Tamen De Gushi

Sun Jing's mom is cool.

Also don't drink water, jeez. Milk (or, better, bread) is way better at cooling your mouth after eating something spicy.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
further newlywed adventures with teen bride and goon husband

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I know it's only 2 chapters so far, but those 2 chapters are pretty cute.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
In today's Tomo-chan, Jun continues to be the absolute densest motherfucker.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

In today's Tomo-chan, Jun continues to be the absolute densest motherfucker.

That was actually a pretty funny joke.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
3.99 kindle editions of manga are my bane, I can't resist :shepspends:
just got 1-5 of Awkward Silence, I'd read the scans but they only cover about half of the series and I remember it being pretty cute

e: oh my god I forgot what an amazing character the mom in this is

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 10, 2016

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter of Kaguya Wants To Be Confessed To - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kaguya-s...Eaten?id=276223

In which Fujiwara proves to be a little kinky and Kaguya gets "How cute" turned on her.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

make this the OP

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To never ceases to get a chuckle out of me

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter of Kaguya Wants To Be Confessed To - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kaguya-s...Eaten?id=276223

In which Fujiwara proves to be a little kinky and Kaguya gets "How cute" turned on her.

She should kiss Fujiwara.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Terper posted:

make this the OP

:yeah:

This was a good chapter, I always like it whenever manga devotes a chapter to shoujo tropes. That's also one reason why I love Nozaki so much. :allears:

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Well, the OP does need an update. I'd like to redo the series recommendation list, but does anyone know of a site I can set up a poll where goons can write in entries?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter of Tomo-chan - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tomo-chan-wa-Onnanoko/Ch-350--I-m-glad-I-wore-it?id=276225

In which Tomo gains a new rival for Jun's affections (said rival being Tomo).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Death to Jun

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Baron Snow posted:

Well, the OP does need an update. I'd like to redo the series recommendation list, but does anyone know of a site I can set up a poll where goons can write in entries?

i give a negative 100 votes to tomo

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Davincie posted:

Don't put Tomo in the OP because it will just make people whine about it even more

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I don't care what goes in so long as Kakukaku Shikajika and Ore Monogatari!! are prominent.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

taiyou no ie, yona and what the guy above me said

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

keep bonnouji, add otomen, full dozer, koukou debut, sakura no sono and gokusen

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

also octave and sasameki koto for the yuri bloc

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Davincie posted:

You don't like tomo? Is that even possible???

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Tomo is super reptitive and half the characters are chronically unfunny and dull

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Shuukan Shounen Girl would be good if you wanted to have any shounen romance in the op

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I am sorry you are unable to enjoy Jun.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Tomo is charming and cute, and funny. Your move, scrub.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh and prunus girl for the BL bloc

would prunus girl actually be considered BL? Either way it's good. Someone more familiar can give some good BL recs

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

DoubleDonut posted:

Shuukan Shounen Girl would be good if you wanted to have any shounen romance in the op

yeah that's a really good one too. i forgot about it since its ongoing. another decent shonen romcom is mahoraba

as for tomo, it has like 3 jokes and it repeats those every day. also jun is incredibly annoying. its basically the romcom version of the eternal shonen fightmanga

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Tomo is only like 300 pages long. That's 15 chapters of a weekly manga. It's had a pretty good amount of storytelling and character development for a 4koma in that time. It's got its flaws and slow parts so far, but it's definitely not terrible. Jun is an idiot jock in denial and recently has been annoying but he's still not a bad character. Every other character is fantastic, especially carol.

Kinda surprised at the sudden backlash, seemed like most folks enjoyed it a lot.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
i used to say tomo was like garfield, but now i think it's the 4-koma equivalent of skub

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Are you pro-skub or anti-skub

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tomo is okay as long as Jun isn't around but nowhere near worth going in the op. That no one reads anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I enjoy reading Tomo on my own time but there is nothing about that I feel like discussing either.