Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I just watched the pilot episode and while there are definitely things I prefer from "current" arrow, I want ruthless Oliver and those fight scenes back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
I am 100% onboard with a musical episode, as long as we get Hinton Battle playing the villain.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hermetic posted:

I am 100% onboard with a musical episode, as long as we get Hinton Battle playing the villain.

That's a funny way to spell Neil Patrick Harris

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
gently caress NPH. Spend the entire CW network budget and get Lin Manuel Miranda.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Scyantific posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xh8duZ1-j0&t=64s

This is a hill I am willing to die on. :colbert:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Scyantific posted:

NPH got the Brave And The Bold musical episode.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

greatn posted:

gently caress NPH. Spend the entire CW network budget and get Lin Manuel Miranda.

this is the correct option

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Wrong thread gents.

Narcissus1916 fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 12, 2016

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Those bastards. They teased us with a Carrie/Nola friendship. bastards.

I think you're looking for the Banshee thread, friend.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Just saw the finale last night and I don't think this thread has emphasized what a shitshow it was. The multiple times dozens of hive guys coming running into scene firing full auto broke the show for me. Them staying in the bat cave after the first zergrush and being surprised by the second. Or just the "I am not left handed either"-ness of the THIRD time. If I wasn't on a flight I'd walked out at that point.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Nobody would have blamed you for walking out of the plane mid-flight.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
In a move which probably would have made a better season 4 or 3, Arrow is going to step back from the meta-human crap and introduce Vigilante

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/16/arrow-season-vigilante

Thanks Arrow. Some of the best subtle things in the early days you strip mined was from the Wolfman/Perez 1980s run of The New Teen Titans but can we get 'Judas Contract'? Noooooooooo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Flash just did Judas Contract twice.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

A vigilante in a show about vigilantes??? NOT ORGANIC ENOUGH

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I like meta humans. Meta humans are cool. They just don't need to be god level ones with stupid convoluted plans. If Arrow is busting criminals, every once in a while it should be someone from the DC Universe and most of those guys have powers. Dahrk was just a stupid character, but don't overcompensate by never having meta humans again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Adrian Chase is probably my third favorite DC character ever so I'm thrilled.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I was really hoping for the Greg Saunders Vigilante, the motorcycle-ridin', guitar-strummin', straight-shootin', Hollywood-actin', singin' cowboy, ideally played by Nathan Fillion, who performed his voice in Justice League Unlimited.

But since we're getting Wild Dog and the Chase Vigilante already, how hard would it be to write Vic Sage into the next season? Ever since Season 1, I've been thinking the Question would be a perfect fit for this show.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Wait...we're getting Wild Dog? Since when?

It's not that I hate metas its just as the need to use them went on they used them poorly. Dahrk was a great character but he spent a season loving around and as the writers escalated their use to God like status, they made even the basic street;evel operative stuff seem even less likely, which is how we ended up knocking nukes out of the sky because they were in a character's line of sight because at that point REASON gently caress REASON THAT'S WHY!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

But since we're getting Wild Dog and the Chase Vigilante already, how hard would it be to write Vic Sage into the next season? Ever since Season 1, I've been thinking the Question would be a perfect fit for this show.

I would love it if Ollie just assembled a new team of non powered guys and got back to his rear end-kicking roots.

But season 5 is absolutely going to be about him doing whatever it takes to win Felicity back.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Oh I see, NOW they have a plot line for a vigilante district attorney.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Rhyno posted:

I would love it if Ollie just assembled a new team of non powered guys and got back to his rear end-kicking roots.

But season 5 is absolutely going to be about him doing whatever it takes to win Felicity back.

"I have failed this Feli-city. *turns, winks at the camera*"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hermetic posted:

"I have failed this Feli-city. *turns, winks at the camera*"

... :suicide:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

I liked Happy Ollie. He was better than Murderer Ollie.

It's just at some point he turned into Felicity Ollie instead and now I don't care either way.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Artemis is coming to Arrow

Kinda wish Sportsmaster was part of the package but what can you do about it :shrug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They cast Chad Coleman (Tyrese on the Walking Dead, Cutty on the Wire) as what sounds like next season's big bad.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Aphrodite posted:

They cast Chad Coleman (Tyrese on the Walking Dead, Cutty on the Wire) as what sounds like next season's big bad.
Geez, that guy's on The Expanse, too. Getting some good work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They originally announced the character as Anton Church, but it looks like he's had his name changed to Tobias.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Aphrodite posted:

Chad Coleman

He's also Z on "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia."

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Scyantific posted:

Artemis is coming to Arrow

Kinda wish Sportsmaster was part of the package but what can you do about it :shrug:

Why can't young justice sportsmaster be on tv?

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I'd love to see the Cheshire/Sportsmaster/Artemis plotline on Arrow. Plus with Olicity, Cheshire can play directly in to the need for relationship drama the CW craves.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They got to come up with a better name though.

Hunt Master?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Sportsman?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Action Tsar?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Just have one line where somebody says, this dude played so many sports in high school, they called him the Sportsmaster! and then never bring it up again

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Casey Jones

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Aphrodite posted:

This and the fact that supposedly they'll have the "meanest and most violent one shot fight scene in network tv history" directed by Bamford really makes me hyped for this season but I absolutely know I shouldn't. Goddamn it Arrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wonder if he'd seen Game of Thrones yet by then.

It's hard to top a guy getting bodychecked by a horse.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Aphrodite posted:

I wonder if he'd seen Game of Thrones yet by then.

It's hard to top a guy getting bodychecked by a horse.

HBO doesn't count, though, right? Cause no matter what it'd be up against Daredevil as well, and it'd obviously lose that. The article basically only brought up SHIELD.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Daredevil hallway scene is relatively tame, as far as violence goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

The Daredevil hallway scene is relatively tame, as far as violence goes.

The season 2 hallway/stairwell scene is pretty drat violent.

• Locked thread