Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid Decisions
Nov 10, 2009
Slippery Tilde
How are Metro Last Light Redux and 2033 Redux considering I have never played either? Worth it for £7.50?

I do like some mutant shootin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Last Light is the better game by a good degree I feel but 2033 is still worth playing.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jun 10, 2016

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I finally snagged all the AD&D Gold Box games on sale because I missed them in the last sale and I'm a cheap gently caress. I'm pretty impressed they got these running so well.

God bless GOG. I honestly don't even look forward to a Steam sale anymore and if I do get anything during one it's super cheap poo poo priced even super cheaper.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Stupid Decisions posted:

How are Metro Last Light Redux and 2033 Redux considering I have never played either? Worth it for £7.50?

I do like some mutant shootin.

Yes, absolutely. LL Redux is kind of pointless if you've played LL, but that's not your case. 2033 Redux is fantastic, since it backports the LL engine and much-improved stealth/combat mechanics to 2033, which fixes a lot of the jank. Get them both!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yes, absolutely. LL Redux is kind of pointless if you've played LL, but that's not your case. 2033 Redux is fantastic, since it backports the LL engine and much-improved stealth/combat mechanics to 2033, which fixes a lot of the jank. Get them both!

Seconding this. I played both games (redux versions) one after the other in a single weekend and felt like a single game since the plot (wich isn't amazing but is still cool), gameplay and style flow perfectly from 2033 to LL.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

moot the hopple posted:

Should I get the full Anno series pack or would improvements in the most modern one (Anno 1404?) make the older games obsolete?

I love collecting games as much as the next guy but I only bought 1404 because people seem to like it the most and Lord knows I'm not gonna play more than one of them.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

nah, it's good. People get mad because the combat is hard and you die easily if you mess up. It's not perfect by any means but it's well worth playing

e: I'm probnably going to buy all 4 X-Wing games but someone tell me if they're all good/which order to play them in. X-Wing v TIE Fighter and Alliance seem to have had more of a polarising reception?

Inst Age of Decadence the game from the guys from ROG Codex? I vaguely remember years ago they were making a game, mostly to show to the industry how a real RPG should be

EDIT: vvvv yeah, that. I used to lurk a bit there years ago, and in my head this guy was basically the personification of everything RPG Codex meant

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 10, 2016

Matthaeus
Aug 1, 2013

Elias_Maluco posted:

Inst Age of Decadence the game from the guys from ROG Codex? I vaguely remember years ago they were making a game, mostly to show to the industry how a real RPG should be

AoD was developed by Vince/Vault Dweller who is a regular there but it wasn't really a collective effort by the forums, no.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

There's one backport that is sort of poo poo for 2033 Redux. Ranger mode, which is the one true 2033/LL mode, only has two weapons since LL's mode only had two weapons. Regular 2033 allows 3.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

EDIT: vvvv yeah, that. I used to lurk a bit there years ago, and in my head this guy was basically the personification of everything RPG Codex meant
yeah, I posted there for an embarrassingly long time until a year or two ago when I finally gave up. VD is an unmitigated arsehole but he's passionate as hell and committed to AoD to the point of lunacy for nearly ten years, and it shines through. It's kind of a shame he took so long in making it, because it was one of those one-man passion projects that you didn't see any more... until a few years ago.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah, I posted there for an embarrassingly long time until a year or two ago when I finally gave up. VD is an unmitigated arsehole but he's passionate as hell and committed to AoD to the point of lunacy for nearly ten years, and it shines through. It's kind of a shame he took so long in making it, because it was one of those one-man passion projects that you didn't see any more... until a few years ago.

I remember reading about AoD in the making back in the day, and not for a second I believed anything real would ever come out of it.

Im actually really impressed. The only reason I didnt bought it yet is because is windows only

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Firstly, if anyone wants a code for Spelunky, PM and I will give it to you. I'm not posting codes in thread anymore because I'm sick of poachers.

Secondly, I was very surprised this morning to see that the expansion pass for Pillars of Eternity was on sale for half price - I gobbled that up immediately. Right now you could get the Hero edition of Pillars of Eternity and both bits of the expansion for thirty dollars and a few pence, which is a lot of game for the price.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Battlezone, Vampires the Masquerade: Bloodlines, and Star Wars Shadows of the Empire are in the catalog now too? drat it GOG :10bux:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Guillermus posted:

Seconding this. I played both games (redux versions) one after the other in a single weekend and felt like a single game since the plot (wich isn't amazing but is still cool), gameplay and style flow perfectly from 2033 to LL.

The only thing I feel is a sort-of problem with 2033 Redux is that unlike Last Light it is absolutely not set-up for a "no kills" run even if though you get the sneak-knock-out that is in LL. At least not without a lot of frustration and retries. The enemy placement, patrol patterns, and level design of 2033 Redux was not changed at all from the original 2033 and the original game expected you to use silenced/pump weapons and throwing knives to stealth through areas, not sneak up on people and punch them.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Is there any fun to be had from the Railroad Tycoon games that I can't get from OpenTTD?

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Eyeing up The Witcher 3 like a rational person. I have the other two but 1 is incredibly janky and the combat in 2 just doesn't click for me, it feels like I'm fighting with the controls. I can't consistently hit the enemy I want. And Geralt takes double damage from behind but the dodge roll exposes his back, what's that all about? Does fighting in The Witcher 3 feel less like something you have to persevere with to get to the good stuff (like in Planescape for example) or is it actually playable?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Combat is pretty easy in 3 compared to the other two. The full roll gets you far away from a guy and you can quick dodge basically every attack.

That being said, the best parts of that game are everything surrounding the combat like the environment and story and whatnot. Everyone should play it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah it's much better. Still not the best part of the game but no longer painful

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
That's all I needed to hear. Time to jump aboard.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kikkoman posted:

Is there any fun to be had from the Railroad Tycoon games that I can't get from OpenTTD?

Railroad Tycoon 2 is pretty fun, though I could never get into OpenTTD so I can't compare the two.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Redeeming a game you already own from the XP quest sends an e-mail to you with a redemption code. Here's a free Spelunky if anyone wants it, but it'd be super-nice of you to post a thank you if you claim it so everyone knows it's gone.

Edit: Claimed

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 11, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It's me, I claimed the cool platformer roguelike. Thanks!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I started playing System Shock 2 for the first time and I'm having a really hard time getting my wrench to actually hit stuff.

double nine posted:

Oh god, someone save me from my impulse-buying. Tell me these are all crap please! My wallet requests mercy...

Superhot's fun but it's like 2 hours long.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

Kikkoman posted:

OpenTTD is much more like playing with toy train sets and setting up elaborate stations and networks, RRT2 and 3 are a bit more focused on the moneymaking aspects and I thought were a little more challenging since infrastructure/maintenance/station placement/etc is so much more involved.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Saoshyant posted:

It's me, I claimed the cool platformer roguelike. Thanks!

Cool, hope you enjoy it.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.
Hey guys, got an extra free Dreamfall Chapters code since I already bought the game ages ago...

PM me if anybody wants it! :v:

EDIT: It's gone!

ivantod fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 11, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Buy the Witcher 3.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Buy The Witcher 3's expansion packs.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

double nine posted:

Oh god, someone save me from my impulse-buying. Tell me these are all crap please! My wallet requests mercy...

satellite reign is also good

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I bought Rogue Galaxy and am having fun with it but don't know why I can't get it to work via Steam Link at all. Has anyone else tried this?

For comparison I have the GOG version of Witcher and it plays perfectly through Steam Link so maybe it is a game by game thing?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Is it possible for someone who owns an entire bundle to buy the individual games in it as a gift for someone else at the lower bundle prices?

I want the King's Quest games at the lower price without buying Quest for Infamy lol

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Why wouldn't you want this crowdfunded classic?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

elf help book posted:

Is it possible for someone who owns an entire bundle to buy the individual games in it as a gift for someone else at the lower bundle prices?

I want the King's Quest games at the lower price without buying Quest for Infamy lol

It's something like $9.99 for 14 individual adventure games, you silly person. Just buy it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

No one will judge you for buying a bundle of games and not playing one of them.

In fact, no one will judge you for buying games and not playing them. We are long, long past that point!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mierenneuker posted:

In fact, no one will judge you for buying games and not playing them. We are long, long past that point!

Pretty sure any of us who tried anymore would burst into flames out of sheer hypocrisy.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Buy just the QFGs.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pretty sure any of us who tried anymore would burst into flames out of sheer hypocrisy.

My retirement plan is based around spending every waking moment for 10+ years playing games I've purchased on GOG and Steam sales.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

he is survived by an estranged ex-wife, children who continue to refuse to acknowledge his existence, and a sizeable collection of unplayed video games with a street value of negative thirteen cents

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Something I just noticed is that World in Conflict is still being sold on GOG despite it being removed for purchase from Steam (it's store page is still up though). If you want the likely only spiritual follow-up to Ground Control we'll ever see, buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]

Kibayasu posted:

Something I just noticed is that World in Conflict is still being sold on GOG despite it being removed for purchase from Steam (it's store page is still up though). If you want the likely only spiritual follow-up to Ground Control we'll ever see, buy it.

Thanks for the heads up! GOG games get pulled pretty suddenly most times.

Also, you reminded me of the VHS style trailers they put out for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnTn1LSG9Zo

The NYC one is also pretty great