Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Neat http://www.webtoons.com/en/promotion/noblesse-ova

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
woah! That ended up being longer than I expected, thought it was just another short one like the ad they had before. I'll have to go back and finish it later but that would be awesome as a full series.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

whoa whoa whoa. thanks for this because i'm still following noblesse. this comes off as a surprise since i never expected this to ever happen.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Huh http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/noblesse-spin-off/list?title_no=608 EXCLUSIVE to the android/ios webtoon app

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
First ep was pretty funny, it has the old Lord and he's great.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

jesus, god of high school has been killing it lately :allears:

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
God of high school really knows how to introduce characters and keep them relevant despite the power creep.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Voted Worst Mom posted:

God of high school really knows how to introduce characters and keep them relevant despite the power creep.

Yeah its pretty good with that. I was trying to think about what I liked about it and this is a good point.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Raising a Bat is killing me argh, I read some spoilers for up to chapter 32 and it's solid drama the whole way.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That Works posted:

Yeah its pretty good with that. I was trying to think about what I liked about it and this is a good point.

I've been reading God of High School and it is so crazy (in an entertaning way). It starts out like a martial arts comic and then the characters start to get what amount to stands, and then the main character is goku.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is anyone reading Cheese in the Trap? Apparently a live action drama started recently. I like the casting of the drama, though it seems to be doing different things with the plot (and the live action actor for Jung comes off as less creepy than the Jung of the webcomic).

As for the webcomic, I really like it so far. I like the whole unreliable narrator thing going on where the reader isn't sure if Jung is actually a sociopath or if Seol is just being paranoid. So far it definitely seems like Jung is at least partially hosed in the head, especially after the recent flashback where it's revealed that his dad also used to be hosed up and is worried about his son being the same way, including the scary social engineering incident with his mother's picture frame. Jung has also done some stuff that is definitely wrong, like blackmailing the TA; while the TA did steal from him, the correct response is to either make him pay you back or sue him/tell the police, not to blackmail him. Most of the comments seem to think Inho would be better with Seol, and I agree, but I seriously doubt it's going to happen; Inho represents less of a "challenge" and is a very typical "second guy", down to the hair color-coding. The only reason I think there's a less than 100% chance of her ending up with Jung is the fact that she started dating him relatively early and never had any sort of clear romantic tension with Inho.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I've been enjoying the poo poo out of Hive but I will be honest the comic makes me uncomfortable as hell because of GIANT BUGS. Especially wasps holy poo poo gently caress wasps so much.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
This arc of S.I.D. is getting really dark :stare:

Knowing that there are 70-odd fan translated chapters and I could be reading ahead makes it really hard to stick with the official release but if I do then I'll be in the same situation as with Magician, waiting for the official chapters to catch up to the fan translations with none of it to read in the meantime.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Hive is still great, Gramps is still The Best :black101:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Gosu is turning out to be surprisingly rad.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

Gosu is turning out to be surprisingly rad.

Gosu is loving awesome.

In other news, this seems to be what the Breaker people are doing now http://bato.to/reader#144e377cbf5cca8d

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Gosu is great because it reads like a Jin Yong novel's aftermath, where the MC tries to live in peace but people keep bothering with his territory/people. Naturally, being a Jin Yong MC, this means he's the baddest dude around, and anyone that bothers him gets their poo poo kicked in. There's some other people who can possibly match the MC, but they generally keep out of each other's way.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Bernardo Orel posted:

Gosu is loving awesome.

In other news, this seems to be what the Breaker people are doing now http://bato.to/reader#144e377cbf5cca8d

Holy poo poo, that is a rough translation. I'm not usually too picky, but the very second speech bubble is mangled and could have a completely opposite meaning depending on which part is the typo/omission. The rest isn't as bad, but it keeps up the Google Translate tone throughout.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Cathair posted:

Holy poo poo, that is a rough translation. I'm not usually too picky, but the very second speech bubble is mangled and could have a completely opposite meaning depending on which part is the typo/omission. The rest isn't as bad, but it keeps up the Google Translate tone throughout.

A better(?) translation http://mngcow.co/Trinity-wonder/01/

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

jwang posted:

Gosu is great because it reads like a Jin Yong novel's aftermath, where the MC tries to live in peace but people keep bothering with his territory/people. Naturally, being a Jin Yong MC, this means he's the baddest dude around, and anyone that bothers him gets their poo poo kicked in. There's some other people who can possibly match the MC, but they generally keep out of each other's way.

Had never heard of this but just went through the whole thing. Reminds me a lot of Kenshin, this most recent arc feels like when Saito went a provoked Kenshin to see if he would be able to help fight Shishio.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I really have to plug Lookism again, because seriously it's really well written. It's funny and lighthearted at times, yet at the same time it takes a good look at how superficial people can be at judging things.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

jwang posted:

I really have to plug Lookism again, because seriously it's really well written. It's funny and lighthearted at times, yet at the same time it takes a good look at how superficial people can be at judging things.

Thanks for recommending this one, just sat down and binge read it. Pretty great.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

jwang posted:

I'm kind of concerned lookism is going to inevitably end up with a "you know, my original body was better all along" ending, despite the fact that he was only able to have all these positive experiences due to his new body and was frequently treated poorly with his old body regardless of his behavior/personality. It's kind of a tough situation, because on one hand "being good looking truly is objectively superior" is a kind of depressing conclusion, but "being super ugly won't significantly negatively impact your life" isn't really true.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kind of Confidential looks like it's going to be really cute!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I got distracted and kind of dropped New Waves like 30 chapters a while back, is it worth picking back up?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
depends. they've started on a new series and its not coming back until next year at the earliest

its incredibly slow but being able to binge through it solves that problem. its got an unstoppable old man in it though so worth reading for him

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I got distracted and kind of dropped New Waves like 30 chapters a while back, is it worth picking back up?

If you didn't get to the Old Man goes berserk arcs then you need to pick that poo poo right back up. Even though its still not properly concluded, those arcs were worth a read.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The main plot and the main character of the breaker are mostly uninteresting, but all of the rampaging badass old men are wonderful.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Everything Burrito posted:

Kind of Confidential looks like it's going to be really cute!

Thanks for the rec! It does seem cute, and I also enjoyed the musical accompaniment :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad Noblesse is back to focusing on M-21, he's my favorite outside of when Frankenstein is tearing it up.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
M-21's poo poo talking skills are still in top form I see. That resigned look on his face at the end though :(

I don't know how much longer I can stick with Hive. This latest stuff has been so depressing. It's fun when Gramps is being badass but I'm having the same issue I have with a lot of zombie/post-apoc. storylines in that things get progressively more and more bleak and I eventually have to stop following because all the fun is gone.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 12, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i had to stop reading hive when the hybrids started showing up in force. i am not very good with body horror stuff.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

M-21's poo poo talking skills are still in top form I see. That resigned look on his face at the end though :(

He has off-screen poo poo-talk training with Frankenstein.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shugojin posted:

He has off-screen poo poo-talk training with Frankenstein.

I wish it was on-screen, I can picture it now haha

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
part 1 of cashero was merely okay, but i am really digging this stuff about 70's heroes.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
all right, that's enough of Hive.

I thought maybe when he met back up with the wife & kid it might be better, but it seems like they're just separating again so it can keep on with the "I gotta find my wife!" motive for the MC instead of coming up with *anything else* for him to do. There's still some interesting plot stuff with wtf the military guys are up to but it keeps getting sidetracked for the wife rescue plot and I was really hoping they'd go ahead and reunite the family so the group could join back up because it's really lacking when they aren't together. This latest "your princess is in another castle" thing was just the last straw since I was already kinda fed up with it though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

all right, that's enough of Hive.

I thought maybe when he met back up with the wife & kid it might be better, but it seems like they're just separating again so it can keep on with the "I gotta find my wife!" motive for the MC instead of coming up with *anything else* for him to do. There's still some interesting plot stuff with wtf the military guys are up to but it keeps getting sidetracked for the wife rescue plot and I was really hoping they'd go ahead and reunite the family so the group could join back up because it's really lacking when they aren't together. This latest "your princess is in another castle" thing was just the last straw since I was already kinda fed up with it though.

I'm just sad we're losing Cho Yeong-seon almost immediately after getting him.

Also his poor sidekick died...

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm just sad we're losing Cho Yeong-seon almost immediately after getting him.

Also his poor sidekick died...

such a waste :(

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Everyone should read Bastard. It's a heartwarming story of a boy desperately trying to get out of his successful father's shadow.

His father is also a serial killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Re: Noblesse
I'm wondering if this latest arc means that M-21 is getting bumped up to the heavy hitters' tier. He's beat the f up and still going toe to toe with a Noble and apparently on the same level as a werewolf warrior now. He's always done a good job of punching above his weight, but to have gone from minor scrub villain to mid/high level hero is pretty substantial development and I'd like to see him start to stand on his own instead of getting chumped or just managing to survive until someone stronger comes to the rescue (however his progress up til this point is why IMO he's the best character in the whole thing).