Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
good McCrees make me not want to play Overwatch, especially as the tank my other teammates won't pick

my favorite drink to drink while playing videogames is either apple juice or one of those alcoholic root beers, and my favorite snack to eat is the Oats n' Honey Nature Valley Bars

I have had time to contemplate my favorite food items while playing videogames because I cannot, at the moment, contend with yet another McCree fanrollfan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Slime posted:

With how armour works, that doubles his current survivability against Reaper and Tracer. It's a pretty extreme difference for those characters, while a Widow would still effectively delete him .5 seconds later than she currently does.

i get what you're saying, though zenyatta's survivability is so low that doubling it still doesn't leave him with much. is going from one shot to two shots that much of a difference?

honestly i am totally fine with loving over reaper. reaper has been the bane of my existence this week. gently caress him and his sexy thighs.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Slime posted:

With how armour works, that doubles his current survivability against Reaper and Tracer. It's a pretty extreme difference for those characters, while a Widow would still effectively delete him .5 seconds later than she currently does.

naw it still takes one to two shots for reaper and gives him at best 33% more survival against tracers if she doesn't headshot

don't forget that tracer and reaper headshots put their per-pellet damage over 10, so that damage doesn't get fully halved and that reaper does 140 damage on a full bodyshot

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
After 70 hours of Overwatch I finally realize that Tracer blinks in the direction you're moving, not forward, even though it literally says as much in the tooltip and I've played against hundreds of Tracers. :downs:

Not my proudest moment, but on the other hand my Tracer play has now improved dramatically and I even had one of my best matches to date using her.

Also just put ragers and flamers on mute and go your merry way, it only takes two clicks. It's a complete waste of effort to engage with them or let them get to you, they'll almost certainly grow out of it eventually but it's not going to happen during your Overwatch game so it's not worth it to pay any kind of attention to them.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i had my first instance of a pubbie swearing at me last night

he complained in team chat that he died 4 times to roadhog hooking him into the pit in ilios

i said maybe don't stand next to the pit, he said maybe suck my cock

another pubbie said yes but also maybe don't stand next to the pit

and that's my story of overwatch pubbies. they're almost always just silent(ly bad) in my games.

my team of 3 friends and I always tell pubs to not play hanzo or mei when they instalock them, and have been called faggots not one, not two, but three times by pubs. In text chat so it's reportable! Enjoy the suspension friend.

I don't care if you play widow or reaper 24/7 but hanzo is trash and I don't believe you can play Mei good enough, sorry pub.

e: reaper is good, I'll spoil my not so secret spot to TP on for people who don't play reaper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOP7bz1AvMg
Numbani is fantastic

mbt fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 10, 2016

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Also I can't decide between Posh and Sporty for Tracer, I like the golden arm thingies on Posh but the black outfit of Sporty looks real cool as well.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i get what you're saying, though zenyatta's survivability is so low that doubling it still doesn't leave him with much. is going from one shot to two shots that much of a difference?

honestly i am totally fine with loving over reaper. reaper has been the bane of my existence this week. gently caress him and his sexy thighs.

Well, does it make that much of a difference if Widowmaker kills him in two shots instead of one? I feel like Zen shouldn't get a buff against everyone because he gets hard countered by one character - especially when he hard counters like three other characters himself, and when the character that hard counters him also easily shreds half the characters in the game.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

one thing that's cool is that you can hit p, rightclick awful people and downvote them specifically. You won't get randomly matched with them again :thumbsup:

you can upvote folks too and you'll get matched with them more often. It's neat seeing the same folks you've played with even if you don't friend everyone.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

kaleedity posted:

naw it still takes one to two shots for reaper and gives him at best 33% more survival against tracers if she doesn't headshot

don't forget that tracer and reaper headshots put their per-pellet damage over 10, so that damage doesn't get fully halved and that reaper does 140 damage on a full bodyshot

I wouldn't bother taking headshots into account for reaper because realistically only a small amount of his pellets are going to be hitting the head. I have no idea where you're getting 33% for tracers from, each bullet from her does 6 damage at best that gets reduced to 3 by armour. If she headshots it's 12, reduced to 7 by armour. Still more than 33% extra survivability.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

50 armor and 100 shields?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Main Paineframe posted:

Well, does it make that much of a difference if Widowmaker kills him in two shots instead of one? I feel like Zen shouldn't get a buff against everyone because he gets hard countered by one character - especially when he hard counters like three other characters himself, and when the character that hard counters him also easily shreds half the characters in the game.

he's hard countered by anyone noticing he exists

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

zenyatta buff: 150 health changed to 151

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kaleedity posted:

one thing that's cool is that you can hit p, rightclick awful people and downvote them specifically. You won't get randomly matched with them again :thumbsup:

you can upvote folks too and you'll get matched with them more often. It's neat seeing the same folks you've played with even if you don't friend everyone.

This is a revelation.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kanfy posted:

Also I can't decide between Posh and Sporty for Tracer, I like the golden arm thingies on Posh but the black outfit of Sporty looks real cool as well.

She's British, of course Posh is the answer.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

kaleedity posted:

Wait, what? I never knew this, and it makes sense now that I'm starting to see the same people more frequently who have commented on my good plays.

On the topic of Hanzo and Mcree, I find two types of players use them. Bad ones that need the crutch, and super good ones that have a "win more" attitude. The Mcree nerf can't come quick enough, and loving Spamzo needs his ult to charge slower because ulting every 30 secs of a match because you sat out of line of sight and spammed ricochet shouldn't be a thing.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Xaerael posted:

Wait, what? I never knew this, and it makes sense now that I'm starting to see the same people more frequently who have commented on my good plays.

On the topic of Hanzo and Mcree, I find two types of players use them. Bad ones that need the crutch, and super good ones that have a "win more" attitude. The Mcree nerf can't come quick enough, and loving Spamzo needs his ult to charge slower because ulting every 30 secs of a match because you sat out of line of sight and spammed ricochet shouldn't be a thing.

I'm fairly sure that if you rate a match as positive at the end it counts as rating everyone up and vice versa.

When they implemented that system in the beta some dude tried rating every match as negative and it got to the point that he couldn't play with anyone anymore

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I died to a Zenyatta once as Junkrat: I accidently carbomb jumped into the entire enemy team on the cart and the Zen got the last hit and then died to my death grenades.

I've seen Zen be useful thanks to weakening tanks, but Lucio is just better for combat because of AoE heals and speed boost as well as a boon for cliff edges.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

kaleedity posted:

50 armor and 100 shields?

Oh right, yeah. 33% is a lot of extra survivability though, considering that the point of buffing his survivability would be to survive Widowmaker. ESPECIALLY considering that extra 33% of time can give Zen time to get his team to kill or drive off the Tracer, at which point he regenerates the shields and then can just touch a health pack or the cart to get his armour back.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Kanfy posted:

personally i'm waiting to see what the Baby and Scary skins look like

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Mortimer posted:

my team of 3 friends and I always tell pubs to not play hanzo or mei when they instalock them, and have been called faggots not one, not two, but three times by pubs. In text chat so it's reportable! Enjoy the suspension friend.

I don't care if you play widow or reaper 24/7 but hanzo is trash and I don't believe you can play Mei good enough, sorry pub.

e: reaper is good, I'll spoil my not so secret spot to TP on for people who don't play reaper
Numbani is fantastic

You, and your friends, are huge losers

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

kaleedity posted:

When they implemented that system in the beta some dude tried rating every match as negative and it got to the point that he couldn't play with anyone anymore

Seriously? I assumed it was just a "did you enjoy this match" thing, and I've been rating every Temple of Anubis or Hanamura stalemate as negative (even if I won) :v:

I doubt it works like that though, a matchmaking where everyone has a blacklist can't possibly work.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

flashman posted:

You, and your friends, are huge losers

hanzo main spotted

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Mortimer posted:

my team of 3 friends and I always tell pubs to not play hanzo or mei when they instalock them, and have been called faggots not one, not two, but three times by pubs.

How about not being an rear end in a top hat?

Mortimer posted:

hanzo main spotted

Wowza.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
well i was gonna come in here and ask what is up with mcree

might just be salty because i keep getting high noon'd across the map avoiding someone else's bullets and just happen to jump high enough to be in their line of sight but like why does this guy have two abilities that let you smoke people without really requiring you to aim

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Mortimer posted:

hanzo main spotted

I dislike both those characters but if someone told some random dude in quick match to switch from mei the rest of the game would be following him around ice walling him in unfortunate circumstances for sure.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

flashman posted:

if someone told some random dude in quick match to switch from mei the rest of the game would be following him around ice walling him in unfortunate circumstances for sure.
Not an emptyquote.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

nigga crab pollock posted:

well i was gonna come in here and ask what is up with mcree

might just be salty because i keep getting high noon'd across the map avoiding someone else's bullets and just happen to jump high enough to be in their line of sight but like why does this guy have two abilities that let you smoke people without really requiring you to aim

Once you get comfortable reflecting bad McCrees ults back at them it takes the sting out of the flashbang kills.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mortimer posted:

Numbani is fantastic

Congrats on being an rear end in a top hat for no reason, I guess?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"D.va sucks don't pick her"

As I defense matrix High Noon, Got you in my Sights and Justice Rains from Above.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

well i mean he's still right

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
Eh, McCree's role is deleting Genji and Tracer and McCree takes way more aiming that Reaper, so I don't really mind getting flashed and fanned as Genji/Tracer.

The problem is his damage against other characters. There's no solid counter pick so I can't swap or ask for help, generally, in solo queue. It's frustrating, it's like your stuck just getting rolled as Genji whenever McCree shows up because, even if the other solo queue super stars were inclined to help, there's not much they can do without getting rolled too.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If you're not distributing acceptableheroes.pdf to your teammates before every round I'm not sure what to tell you

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Xaerael posted:

Good players that have a "win more" attitude just play Widowmaker, not Hanzo.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

flashman posted:

I dislike both those characters but if someone told some random dude in quick match to switch from mei the rest of the game would be following him around ice walling him in unfortunate circumstances for sure.

wow you sound like a real chore, making everyone lose because someone said a character was bad :qq:

Papercut posted:

Congrats on being an rear end in a top hat for no reason, I guess?

I like to win, sorry
e: sorry sorry...sorry.....sorry

hanzo is a bad character when widowmaker exists
I'd take a reaper or winston over mei any day for close range

mbt fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 10, 2016

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mortimer posted:

wow you sound like a real chore, making everyone lose because someone said a character was bad :qq:
sorry, sorry, I'm sorry, sorry

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Prav posted:

well i mean he's still right

He's in quick play with random people. He should be commending them if they can figure out how to get out of the spawn point. Those people's fun he's making GBS threads on could literally be 11-year-old kids.

Well I guess he could be an 11-year-old kid too. In that case, I'm sorry for calling you an rear end in a top hat, Mort.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

How long until we get a DKP system going to enforce optimal teams?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The game's for Teens so 11 year olds should be banned on sight.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Ularg posted:

As I defense matrix High Noon, Got you in my Sights and Justice Rains from Above.

And then proceed to faff about dealing minimal damage whilst feeding the enemy team's ults until your mech dies and then proceed to sit in pilot mode for 30 seconds plinking away when you could have just respawned and returned to the fight by then.

Great for gimmicks though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Ularg posted:

D.Va does suck. You know what would have been better in all those circumstances? Killing that person. That way they've wasted their ult and they have to respawn.

Hanzo, D.Va and Mei are all characters that if played badly might aswell be 5v6 or, more realistically 5v7 as D.Va feeds the enemy ult and Mei utterly fucks up everything else her team is doing with a wall they don't realize they can drop instantly.