Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MEDAL OF HONOR

quote:

After the fire extinguishers were exhausted, Smith finally managed to put the fire out, in part by urinating on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maynard_Harrison_Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

There's nothing for him to sign.

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r600_8_22.pdf

Starts bottom of page 21.

As a G-1 I square GO's away all day, e'ryday and crush lower commanders for engaging in stupidity. (actually I just try and help everyone who comes in my office. Even random joes who are walking by.)

The medical full bird that grilled me at DEMOB as to why 3 of my guys didn't have purple hearts mentioned as much. We were able to resubmit them through the garrison.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You guys see the army reserve major that got arrested for threatening to blow up a mosque?

http://www.wral.com/authorities-investigating-incident-at-hoke-county-mosque/15767033/#OHVD6FbA7pmz7YMu.99

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

You guys see the army reserve major that got arrested for threatening to blow up a mosque?

http://www.wral.com/authorities-investigating-incident-at-hoke-county-mosque/15767033/#OHVD6FbA7pmz7YMu.99

I wonder how many MOLON LABE stickers are on his 2007 Wrangler

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah, that dude went off his meds.

On an aside, I'm kinda pissed about the charge of "ethnic intimidation". Like, regular intimidation charges weren't good enough anymore? They had to go and make a special one?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
well you can't make racism illegal but if you can punish it as much as possible i'm ok with that. blah blah slippery slope counter argument incoming I dont care

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

well you can't make racism illegal but if you can punish it as much as possible i'm ok with that. blah blah slippery slope counter argument incoming I dont care

Ooooo you shut me down before I could even make the argument I wasn't making. :salute:

I just don't like having to read a legal code as thick as my thigh when it only needs to be as thick as my arm. (and both are pretty thick because I'm a permanent profile and just go the the gym and lift weights 5 days a week.)

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

spacetoaster posted:

Ooooo you shut me down before I could even make the argument I wasn't making. :salute:

I just don't like having to read a legal code as thick as my thigh when it only needs to be as thick as my arm. (and both are pretty thick because I'm a permanent profile and just go the the gym and lift weights 5 days a week.)

well the trick is don't be an rear end in a top hat and do illegal poo poo like trying to bomb mosques and you never have to encounter the law, its pretty crazy

edit: Ugh I'm not trying to be argumentative, I don't even think you're wrong, I understand your position perfectly, and if theres already a law for something then why make a new one? I just like anything that bones these assholes further is all.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 10, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

well the trick is don't be an rear end in a top hat and do illegal poo poo like trying to bomb mosques and you never have to encounter the law, its pretty crazy

edit: Ugh I'm not trying to be argumentative, I don't even think you're wrong, I understand your position perfectly, and if theres already a law for something then why make a new one? I just like anything that bones these assholes further is all.

for what it's worth hct i agree with you 100%

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I wasn't thinking you were being argumentative.

It's just that having served in a capacity to enforce laws/regulations/policies/etc for so long I have seen the kind of BS that comes from adding little clauses allowing different, or harsher, penalties for special groups or persons. Laws WILL be abused, and I've literally seen law enforcement at all levels sit around and search for just the right legal verbage in existing law to allow them to hammer a person they either do not like/agree with, or have been ordered to.

Heck, Martin Luther King was arrested over 20 times (and they WISH they had the anti-terrorism laws we have today) because the government thought his speeches were inciting violence, racism, and hatred.

It's because of the way that MLK was treated that I'm very leery of supporting laws that have the term racism in them. Because if D&D has taught us anything, it's that we're all racist in somebody's eyes.

Let's laugh at a funny pic or two.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

spacetoaster posted:

I wasn't thinking you were being argumentative.

It's just that having served in a capacity to enforce laws/regulations/policies/etc for so long I have seen the kind of BS that comes from adding little clauses allowing different, or harsher, penalties for special groups or persons. Laws WILL be abused, and I've literally seen law enforcement at all levels sit around and search for just the right legal verbage in existing law to allow them to hammer a person they either do not like/agree with, or have been ordered to.

Heck, Martin Luther King was arrested over 20 times (and they WISH they had the anti-terrorism laws we have today) because the government thought his speeches were inciting violence, racism, and hatred.

It's because of the way that MLK was treated that I'm very leery of supporting laws that have the term racism in them. Because if D&D has taught us anything, it's that we're all racist in somebodies eyes.

these are good points too.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

these are good points too.

Yeah basically the giant boner the government has for eliminating rights should give everyone pause no matter who's in office. The push to have people added to no-fly lists, watchlists, removal of due process all over, asset forfeiture and all sorts of horrendous War on Drugs fallout... it's a huge loving problem.

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
I'm out, DD214 in hand and at the airport hotel. Can't wait to be back in the states. Also holy poo poo I didn't realize you get BAH+BAS while on terminal leave.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ptolemaeus posted:

I didn't realize you get BAH+BAS while on terminal leave.

That's why it's usually better to take the leave rather than just be paid for it.

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

That's why it's usually better to take the leave rather than just be paid for it.

Yeah, and apparently its based on the leave address/home of record. Pretty much makes my next two terminal months of paychecks equivalent to the last four.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ptolemaeus posted:

Yeah, and apparently its based on the leave address/home of record. Pretty much makes my next two terminal months of paychecks equivalent to the last four.

That's awesome. Go to some job fairs.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Fly free, young jay bird, and don't answer no emails, phone calls, or texts.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

not caring here posted:

Fly free, young jay bird, and don't answer no emails, phone calls, or texts.

Yeah. Matter of fact, just throw your phone in the trash and buy tracphone from walmart. Then make a brand new gmail account and just forget about your old one.

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us

Ptolemaeus posted:

I'm out, DD214 in hand and at the airport hotel. Can't wait to be back in the states. Also holy poo poo I didn't realize you get BAH+BAS while on terminal leave.

I picked mine up today as well! Im looking forward to getting harassed by reserve recruiters and hoping that Surge 2.0 doesn't occur before my IRR obligation ends in 2019. Better than being in though. FTA

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Gooble Gobble posted:

Better than being in though. FTA

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

That's awesome. Go to some campus tours.

fixed :smug:

time to cash in all that heartache and pain

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Justin Tyme posted:

fixed :smug:

time to cash in all that heartache and pain

Speaking of that, I retire soon. Is 38 too old to go back to college and join a fraternity?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Speaking of that, I retire soon. Is 38 too old to go back to college and join a fraternity?

I hear Tri Lambda is rushing

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

spacetoaster posted:

depends of how sweet of a bro you are.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I can't imagine that being anything but absolute misery and aneurysm inducing, and I'm only 33!

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Are kids still wearing two polo's popped? I remember that was the thing when I started college after my deployment. I was only 20 but even then my brain couldn't comprehend the fashion that was college frat status or just general "bro" style.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yo i wear 3 polos layered with the collars popped i hope its still cool

edit: and big white plastic frame sunglasses

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MurderBot posted:

I hear Tri Lambda is rushing

That's actually a real thing now.

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

depends of how sweet of a bro you are.

I love to party. I love going out. I freaking go nuts when I get sent off somewhere away from the wet blankets on staff here. Every Friday I'm like: "Hey let's go out and try every club on such and such street!". Then all the losers are like: "Uh, I gotta write a paper for war college." or some dumb stuff.

I can't imagine that being anything but absolute misery and aneurysm inducing, and I'm only 33!

I wonder if I can just party without joining then?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

yo i wear 3 polos layered with the collars popped i hope its still cool

edit: and big white plastic frame sunglasses

thats gotta be miserable in the summer, what deodorant do you use?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

spacetoaster posted:

I wonder if I can just party without joining then?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

thats gotta be miserable in the summer, what deodorant do you use?

yo bro like a can of axe a day its tough being beautiful

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Wet blanket spotted!

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

I love to party. I love going out. I freaking go nuts when I get sent off somewhere away from the wet blankets on staff here. Every Friday I'm like: "Hey let's go out and try every club on such and such street!". Then all the losers are like: "Uh, I gotta write a paper for war college." or some dumb stuff.

are you at ft. leavenworth?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
College kids going out involves going to some lovely college bar and drinking gallons of watered down piss water because everyone is broke

house/apt parties were always fun though but those also usually involved lovely beer

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MurderBot posted:

are you at ft. leavenworth?

...............no.......

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

that's my home town bud you rep it like you love it there.

Also was that your car that was smashed up on the intersection for the entrance to the commissary and PX?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mustang posted:

house/apt parties were always fun though but those also usually involved lovely beer

You're right about house parties being better. My problem is the stupid Army forces me to socialize only with people I don't care for too much.

I've got tons of enlisted buddies who I love to party with, but they're all civilians now and don't live anywhere near me. And I have been mentally destroyed by the military and can't be around civilians because they either think I'm scary, or if they're charitable, just an rear end in a top hat.

*edit* Hey, you young LT's. Do your minimum and get out.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 11, 2016

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
do you like smashing pussy

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Once you retire move to Florida because everyone of all ages there goes out and drinks somewhere, somehow. I always felt like a weirdo when I went to other states in the south east and realized most people don't drink like I'm used to in Florida.

The older you are, the more fun Florida is. Getting drunk on the beach owns.

Also, my active duty commitment lasts until summer 2018. Thanks OCS for not having me end up with a 5 year AD commitment or an ADSO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

do you like smashing pussy

Only my wife's. :shrug:

Mustang posted:

Once you retire move to Florida because everyone of all ages there goes out and drinks somewhere, somehow. I always felt like a weirdo when I went to other states in the south east and realized most people don't drink like I'm used to in Florida.

The older you are, the more fun Florida is. Getting drunk on the beach owns.

Also, my active duty commitment lasts until summer 2018. Thanks OCS for not having me end up with a 5 year AD commitment or an ADSO.

I might retire and do a vacation down there to try it out.

• Locked thread