Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Valle posted:

Is there still some sponsoring mission thingy available for people who haven't played in a good long while? I seem to recall something like this existing but I can't find any info. Thought I might come back for the tank soccer, and it'd be a shame to waste any potential rewards.

Alleviatedrisk, all one word? You're active still mate, get in and shoot your hot load at some balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Valle posted:

Is there still some sponsoring mission thingy available for people who haven't played in a good long while? I seem to recall something like this existing but I can't find any info. Thought I might come back for the tank soccer, and it'd be a shame to waste any potential rewards.

Yeah, you can get a re-invite from another tanker and a bonus to platoon xp with them, and they get free poo poo from you playing. It's a good time. Make them throw you some gold, or a tank, or at least a handy jay though if it works out.

Edit: I think you have to have not even logged into the site for a year.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Ah, right, I've logged into the site a couple of times, just not the game. Thought it was logging into the actual game that counted...oh well. Some page I just checked tells me it's been 247 days since I was last in game.

Valle fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 10, 2016

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
Is it worth picking up a Mutz? Seems kind of like a slightly worse CDC with a little armor.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Anyone know if the 62A Sport has an engine HP value assigned? I've been running with speed governor for a few games and haven't noticed any damage yet. Also had a toolbox and extra rammer laying around. 1st game was a loss, but 6 straight wins with 10 goals (the most important part) since.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Alleviatedrisk, all one word? You're active still mate, get in and shoot your hot load at some balls.

AlleviatedRisk, if capitalization matters. Checking Wargaming's support database I found this article which claims that "inactive accounts that have not logged a battle for more than 60 days are able to be recruits." So according to this logging into the site shouldn't matter and I should be recruitable. You/someone try again?

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Prav posted:

uh, it would greatly benefit circling since the enemy turret wouldn't actually keep up for once. and making it harder for one tank to shut down its entire fov sounds like a good thing to me

Brings back memories of circling heavies with an easy 8 back in beta, and having enough time to totally turn around go the opposite direction when the heavy decided to start turning it's turret the other way. It was a good way to punish enemy heavies that thought they were invincible and could do everything by themselves.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Valle posted:

AlleviatedRisk, if capitalization matters. Checking Wargaming's support database I found this article which claims that "inactive accounts that have not logged a battle for more than 60 days are able to be recruits." So according to this logging into the site shouldn't matter and I should be recruitable. You/someone try again?

It says you're active.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

TracerM17 posted:

Brings back memories of circling heavies with an easy 8 back in beta, and having enough time to totally turn around go the opposite direction when the heavy decided to start turning it's turret the other way. It was a good way to punish enemy heavies that thought they were invincible and could do everything by themselves.

Easy Eight wolfpacks were amazing even after launch. making GBS threads out 120 damage every ~2.5 seconds each meant you could kill a lot of heavies before they could even reload.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Valle posted:

I thought so, but after a buddy logged in it claimed he was active because Wargaming. ymmv

Edit: This was on Monday

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Easy Eight wolfpacks were amazing even after launch. making GBS threads out 120 damage every ~2.5 seconds each meant you could kill a lot of heavies before they could even reload.

Does the Crommy B still do this? That thing was stupid on its own and then hilarious when you had 3 good players just eviscerating everything.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Bah. Sent in a ticket, we'll see what happens.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Does the Crommy B still do this? That thing was stupid on its own and then hilarious when you had 3 good players just eviscerating everything.

Yeah, it does. So does the normal Cromell, AFAIK. I'm slowly going up that line just for the Cromwell.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

M.C. McMic posted:

Is it worth picking up a Mutz? Seems kind of like a slightly worse CDC with a little armor.

I'm the minority here, but I would buy 2 Mutz over the CDC. I own both and my experiences (as a solo pubbie who doesn't use gold) in the two are night and day. I have a sub 40% WR in the CDC and a 54% in the Mutz. The Mutz was a lot more forgiving while playing solo and easier to learn. Sure the CDC has better refire rate, but if you spend most of your time relocating after getting one or two shots off then the refire doesn't help. The little bit of armor on the Mutz is underrated, I routinely block a few shots every game, usually off the rounded armor in the front or the turret. I know I must frustrate heat slinging tanks when they think they will get an easy 800 damage kill shot. The CDC has better speed/acceleration I believe, but you need it more in the CDC to move around. The smaller profile of the Mutz allows me to use cover more effectively, combined with the bit of extra armor I can stay in scarier situations a bit longer to pen aggressive tanks a couple times before I need to run away.

Plus, not seeing every T49, Japenese Heavy, KV2 and (I)SU-152 pointing at me as soon as I pop up over a ridge to look around has dramatically lowered my dry cleaning expenses as well.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Fat Jesus posted:

I'm sure I read long ago that there's like 6 (?) maps in rotation at any given time and the 6 or so maps are changed every 2 hours, and that's the way the game seems to me at least, get map X 3 times in 6 battles and later in the day you never see it. And I remember there was some site or the other that wanted people to work with them thru XVM or whatever so you could report what maps you played, which would help somewhat choosing which tanks to play or to play at all. Wish there was a way to tell which maps were in play.

Prav posted:

yeah, they only load a few maps at a time to save on server memory

on the one hand, that's loving stupid just buy more ram. on the other hand, the servers were absolutely pushed to the breaking point with users in the first year or two of the game's life so every little bit of resources was critical.

I know how it works in practice, but there's no excuse for this. I'm sure the servers have to handle a lot of data in RAM, but however they're doing it, it's classic Wargaming retarded. You don't have to retain any data from the last match in RAM, and you don't have to store 3 maps in RAM; you pull the relevant files from a disk and be done with it, purging after the match and repeating the process. You could certainly do that with a modest SSD nowadays, and since you're just reading from storage before any action occurs you could even use cheap HDDs. There's no loving excuse for the way Wargaming handles map rotation.

It doesn't even make sense; they spend time and money making (and re-tweaking, over and over again) maps but only queue up 3 of them. :psyduck:

Michaellaneous posted:

Is the VK 45 03 bad or just overpriced? Or both?

It's basically a premium Tiger H (particularly considering a nerfed RoF.) Other than that I guess it's fine. "Do you need a tier 7 German HT crew trainer?" is the question.

M.C. McMic posted:

I think it's more like a premium Indien; it's not nearly as fast as the CDC, and has comparable armor to the former I guess.

M.C. McMic posted:

I don't have any filters for the tanks in my carousel. Is this because I have a two-row carousel enabled via OM modpack?

Eh, well, XVM has tank filters, but the newest WoT version added its own. Either way you should have filters from somewhere.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Goal stealing is the new kill stealing and it owns. Also you can run speed governor 100% of the time with zero repercussion. So if you're too cheap for turbo I would suggest that.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
vk seems ok

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Holy poo poo dude you've been gone a long loving time.

I said 'can', didn't say anything about the probability of that actually occurring. However, this morning I went 3-0 in tank soccer before heading out to work. Once I got two idiot pubbies for teammates, but the opposition was even worse but the two subsequent matches I was paired up with a blue WN6 dude and then a green and we were able to do things. The blue guy and I racked up the necessary three goals to win the match in less than three minutes, it was pretty awesome.

Also I've been back in tanks since March ~20th thank you very much. Pubbies are just as bad as they ever were.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
What an infuriating waste of time the football mode is.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What an infuriating waste of time the football mode is.

I am sorry you do not enjoy a fun thing within a sea of poo poo and piss.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

I am sorry you do not enjoy a fun thing within a sea of poo poo and piss.

football mode reminds us of what fun used to feel like, and it burns us now

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I enjoy fun things, but a fun thing would be the ability to shoot teammates that play goalie, completely nullifying your chance of scoring, and then being too incompetent to keep a ball out of their goal the couple of times it's in their court.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Football finally answers the question of what would happen if WoT players played Rocket League.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Football finally answers the question of what would happen if WoT players played Rocket League.

I was pretty sure that got answered in the chaffee races. Because that was hilarious.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

I was pretty sure that got answered in the chaffee races. Because that was hilarious.

Nah that was pubbies playing Dirt Rally :P

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Chaffee races would be hilarious now with the physics change now that I think about it. I wonder how many people would put their tanks on their side.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
lol they will nerf or remove this thing

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

lol they will nerf or remove this thing

What thing.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The VK45.03.

Except pubbies don't know where to shoot it yet and performance will normalize over a while. I've had tanks where people told me they weren't good and my first 50 matches were amazing. It's just not really representative over time, unfortunately.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Well soccer mode is fun twice, can't see a reason to do that ever again.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So given how enthusiastic some folks are about Tanks Soccer Football on here, what about this:

Feeling like a true soccer hero? Make sure not to miss out on the epic soccer tournament starting on June 20, with finals on June 26. Players on the winning team will each win a Type 59 and a year of Premium time! Smaller prizes include Personal Reserves and unique in-game medals.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So given how enthusiastic some folks are about Tanks Soccer Football on here, what about this:

Feeling like a true soccer hero? Make sure not to miss out on the epic soccer tournament starting on June 20, with finals on June 26. Players on the winning team will each win a Type 59 and a year of Premium time! Smaller prizes include Personal Reserves and unique in-game medals.

They missed a golden trolling opportunity to make the Soccer mode special vehicle a Type 59 Sport. :getin:

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010

Atomizer posted:

They missed a golden trolling opportunity to make the Soccer mode special vehicle a Type 59 Sport. :getin:

This is gold.

I'm having alot of fun playing football. I wish the rewards were a bit better but oh well... gonna train up some sixth sense commanders I guess.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

PS4 WoT in a nutshell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-dnLIRl0Yc

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

looks like a good reason to turn ff on to me

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

and in the PC version I would have just murdered the mother fucker and ate the 1 hour ban, or gotten my platoonmates to help push them in the goddamn lake. Pubbies deserve death.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The VK45.03.

Except pubbies don't know where to shoot it yet and performance will normalize over a while. I've had tanks where people told me they weren't good and my first 50 matches were amazing. It's just not really representative over time, unfortunately.

Same????

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010
I think I only got about 10 matches during rental, but I really enjoyed the 45.03. I'm gonna buy it eventually.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
It really is tempting because I do want a heavy tank trainer on the German line....

In general I've started to find myself enjoying tier 7 more than I should, maybe because trolling the gently caress out of people is easier in tiers 5-7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Blindeye posted:

It really is tempting because I do want a heavy tank trainer on the German line....

I made a video of the VK 45.03 and I still think it's pretty good???????