Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
"I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to win."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

"Family can wait, infrastructure can not"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

"Everything is a clusterfuck all the time."

E: VVV That started out pretty inspirational, and then went :stonklol: at the end.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 10, 2016

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

anthonypants posted:

"I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to win."

Yes, add this too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X16G2hsVI9w

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

and here I am sitting on my desk watching this dude do the rocky speech and then I had to shut it off because I was laughing too hard holy gently caress

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
"i like turtles."

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
"Life is though. It's thougher if you're stupid."

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

stubblyhead posted:

"Life is though. It's thougher if you're stupid."

Tough.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Please do not autocorrect shame.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

gooby pls posted:

Uhh, new :yotj: does new hire press releases. I can't imagine coming up with a quote that doesn't make me sound like mayor of bonertown.

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

I dunno, I think it works better with the misspelling.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Power shut down for the entire campus last night. Went on site to turn things back on and whoops the VMs aren't auto starting up. Also whoops the password for the hosts is wrong in the configs we have. This isn't good

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wCGRLAzleHU

Was not gingerbitch or 123whore

George H.W. Cunt fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 11, 2016

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Why pay for ten manual testers when you can hire two SDETs for the same price?

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

Methanar posted:

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."
Is he working for the Clinton campaign? :patriot:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

PCjr sidecar posted:

Why pay for ten manual testers when you can hire two SDETs for the same price?

Once I get a few years of experience I'll basically have the SDET skillset. I'm an out of college hire, seems as if they want to develop talent in house.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Here's some security schadenfreude for y'all:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/4nfxbx/it_happened_the_my_manager_keeps_a_paper_list_of/?compact=true

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

holy poo poo that is amazing.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

:stare:

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

I'm just gonna go ahead and say that anyone who enforces a policy that makes employees write down their passwords does not only deserves to be fired, but should be neutered as well to protect mankind.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
I know plenty of managers who think the same way.

edit: but our security program is really big on employee education on never sharing your password.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

He's right it is though

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

I wish I knew which company this happen to be because it's awesome they don't take poo poo. I'd love to apply.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Jesus :stonk:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Holy poo poo :stare:. I'm surprised they weren't filing charges against that manager or something by the end.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Microsoft bought out LinkedIn which I suppose is a debate purchase but what more interesting is LinkedIn was in the red? How where they not making money hand over fist?

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Tab8715 posted:

Microsoft bought out LinkedIn which I suppose is a debate purchase but what more interesting is LinkedIn was in the red? How where they not making money hand over fist?
probably spent all their money on marketing.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

adorai posted:

probably spent all their money on marketing.

Why are they marketing? The only people who don't have linkedin are unemployed people (who are unemployed because they don't know about LinkedIn yet,) and the don't have any money.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Why are they marketing? The only people who don't have linkedin are unemployed people (who are unemployed because they don't know about LinkedIn yet,) and the don't have any money.

Emerging markets.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Tab8715 posted:

I'm sort of angry with myself because I was actually considering buying shares of Linkedin last week, but opted for Splunk instead.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
I thought that post about the guy starting a new job and having to provide a quote was dumb, so of course my new job also says I should provide a "fun fact" for the new hire announcement. I don't think "fucks bitches and routes packets" can be used

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

NippleFloss posted:

Emerging markets.
This. Basically everyone over college age in the US who's going to ever have a LinkedIn account already does, so they've been focusing on India, China, etc. The markets haven't understood that like any new product, you pay up front for user acquisition and you start to monetize once you hit critical mass. They've been making great inroads in China.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Sepist posted:

I thought that post about the guy starting a new job and having to provide a quote was dumb, so of course my new job also says I should provide a "fun fact" for the new hire announcement. I don't think "fucks bitches and routes packets" can be used

Work sets you free.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
"Exists at layer 9"

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Sepist posted:

Clearly, the correct fact is that you won your 8th grade subnetting bee.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Vulture Culture posted:

Clearly, the correct fact is that you won your 8th grade subnetting bee.

If I am ever in a position to use this, I will.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sepist posted:

Pick a random date, say it in a calm tone and nod threateningly like you know something about it.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Sepist posted:

Does it have to be a fun fact about you? "Fun fact: 1 lb of weed costs more in North Dakota than in any other state."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I loved the use of the movie's soundtrack.