Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
I remember trying to do not so secret for like 3 hours, when I did it. In the end I got a port from some kind soul.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jun 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i tried it for a little while when doing jumping puzzles for the achievements and got like 90% of the way on my own (because i was doing all the puzzles legit) but then i kinda randomly took someone's portal made for someone else that took me right to the end which got me the achievement

i said 'gently caress it' and left because that puzzle is a gigantic shitshow

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The gear systems don't work properly if you've got bad latency and will just launch you to all the wrong places

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me
I tried it again recently with a few friends, for completions sake since I remembered it being a ballache, and all 3 of us did it in under half an hour total. It's still pretty technical and difficult, but much easier with decent pc and Internet.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
It is a lot easier doing it once you know where to go, but I was trying to do all the puzzles without spoilers.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

New endgame content spotted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RawTNH6MiCs

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm having an issue on a friends computer where the game is trying to redownload even though it's already been downloaded once. Is it just patching or is this a bug with the client and if so how do I fix it?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Bam bam bam bam boum boum

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

ColoradoCleric posted:

I'm having an issue on a friends computer where the game is trying to redownload even though it's already been downloaded once. Is it just patching or is this a bug with the client and if so how do I fix it?

My GF had this happen when she swapped over to the 64-bit client. She had accidentally put it in a one-step-removed directory. Remember that the relative locations of your executables and the data files is critically important. If the game doesn't find the resource files in the exact correct relative location, it'll start downloading an entirely new copy of everything, cluttering your system and taking hours to complete.

Blasphemeral fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 9, 2016

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

ShadowMoo posted:

It is a lot easier doing it once you know where to go, but I was trying to do all the puzzles without spoilers.

Yeah, this is why most of the recent jumping puzzles irritate me, since they're more about guessing which bit of scenery is the next part of the puzzle and which is just scenery than about figuring out how to get where you're going.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
New fractals planned for this year. Maybe dungeons after?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4n6nzu/internally_the_raid_team_is_lauded_and_praised/d42qdla

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I'd love more PvP maps, but I'll take that.

Is it bad I get the most hyped for balance/system tweaks like the last big patch?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

All lies.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

ceaselessfuture posted:

I'd love more PvP maps, but I'll take that.

Is it bad I get the most hyped for balance/system tweaks like the last big patch?

Nope, I really like them too. You can't really have good content if your fundamental underlying systems are terrible, and seeing them fix systems and make them better is really cool.

Using fractals themselves as an example, if we still had to do fractals in bundles of 3 random fractals then a boss, it wouldn't really matter if they added a new fractal because I still wouldn't want to play them because that system sucked. And if they hadn't changed the daily then adding a new fractal wouldn't matter unless it was faster/easier than Swamp or Molten Duo because the entire world would continue to run Swamp seven times a day and Molten Boss twice a day and never touch any other fractals.

Similarly I wouldn't care if they added new PvP maps if they hadn't made PvP stop sucking with the fairly good Leagues system (it's still a work in progress but it's way better than the old system). Same story with WvW, making the Reward system and server tiering system for WvW not suck has made me actually interested in WvW more than any of the stuff with Alpine and Desert Borderlands or the idea of a new Borderlands map. And adding Dungeon dailies and unfucking the rewards for them has revived them as content that people actually play on a regular basis.

Fixing systems improves the game so much more than new content does.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh also they're adding a 6th pip to the Provisions Master track in WvW that lets you buy HoT stuff from the WvW vendors, from what reddit says

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Alteisen posted:

All lies.

I believe the part where he says there'll be one new fractal for this whole year. Anything else I'll believe it when I see it.

Also

Anet Ben posted:

Once all of the core systems are fixed we will also be able to devote even more time to content.

Boy if that isn't the story of gw2. One of these days they'll have a steady content release schedule, just gotta rein in those core systems.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 10, 2016

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Magres posted:

Oh also they're adding a 6th pip to the Provisions Master track in WvW that lets you buy HoT stuff from the WvW vendors, from what reddit says

that would be really good

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
I made a Chrome extension that pulls your Dive Master achievement data and adds a column to the wiki page.

Basically:

You can check off ones you complete as you go along.

If anyone wants to give it a try, it's in the Chrome web store.

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me
Godspeed you crazy diamond.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Holy poo poo, thank you.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
This after I did the whole list again just to make sure I didn't miss one? :v:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Lmao

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Zet posted:

I made a Chrome extension that pulls your Dive Master achievement data and adds a column to the wiki page.

Basically:

You can check off ones you complete as you go along.

If anyone wants to give it a try, it's in the Chrome web store.

PleSs out this in the (dead) OP

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
A bunch of SFD, PA etc were stream sniping Doc Got Game earlier today, after killing him about 10 times he got a bit insane and transferred to Maguuma so he could stream our EBG commander locations.

Sair
May 11, 2007

It's nice that you've found a way to give back to Anet.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

sometimes one needs to admit that they take a weird pvp mode in a videogame too seriously

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Visidan posted:

A bunch of SFD, PA etc were stream sniping Doc Got Game earlier today, after killing him about 10 times he got a bit insane and transferred to Maguuma so he could stream our EBG commander locations.

That's great, though if I were him I'd just do something else or take a break for a while.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

lucifirius posted:

That's great, though if I were him I'd just do something else or take a break for a while.

If you dye your armor yellow he won't be able to see you with his gamer glasses on. True Story.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Pretty sure if a streamer takes a break longer than a few hours they cease to exist

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXUuI58CCZo

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Mairn
Jan 6, 2011

Warrior elite signet.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Mairn posted:

Warrior elite signet.

Ohh, see despite having two warriors myself, the only thing I know about them is they are garbage and they sicken me deeply.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
After we stream sniped DocGotGame and he went a lil insane his fans gave him $1500 to cheer him up. He hit some kind of begging milestone so he had to dress up as gollum and do a rap

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I've watched Doc for a while now. He's pretty entertaining but yeah, takes GW2 WVW stream sniping real bad for some reason.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm in the wrong business, apparently

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kajeesus posted:

PleSs out this in the (dead) OP

No one will read it but done. Now send me my well-earned rewards.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Doc is that obnoxious vet who beats his wife right? Or am I mixing up my awful Twitch personalities?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

This is goofy as gently caress I am so hype for wing 3 :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nEIYoVmILI

• Locked thread