Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

NT Plus posted:

Friendo and I are on Nameless King. I know, optional. But we wanna kill the man. Seems very much a "git gud til you make it" sort of fight. I'm a squishy pyromancer with a Moonlight Greatword though. Any hot tips? Particularly about avoiding that lightning strike. Nailing the dodge on that is tough to learn when it one-shots you. :( And that's with resistances. I guess I just need to pump more vigor?

You mean the one when he's on the dragon? Just double roll when his hand is at the peak. If you're talking about when he's Jason Voorhees walking, just stay the gently caress away from him and lob lava. He telegraphs the hell out of the toss, so yeah, just double roll backward and you should be well out of the range of the strike and the splash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran

Digirat posted:

If you use a password, can you summon a friend across high SL/weapon upgrade ranges using a red sign just like you can with a white sign?

Yes, even if the boss is dead. White sign the boss must be alive. I scammed Shackles yesterday getting summoned by a friend SL69 while I was 120 and he'd just jump off the side before I even got to him to farm the damned things.

Remember to turn it off later, otherwise you'll feel real dumb when you can't find summon signs for other things you want to do.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

NT Plus posted:

Friendo and I are on Nameless King. I know, optional. But we wanna kill the man. Seems very much a "git gud til you make it" sort of fight. I'm a squishy pyromancer with a Moonlight Greatword though. Any hot tips? Particularly about avoiding that lightning strike. Nailing the dodge on that is tough to learn when it one-shots you. :( And that's with resistances. I guess I just need to pump more vigor?

What's your vigor at? A minimum of 26-27 is a good benchmark for endgame.

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Kid just rages for a while.

Nibble posted:

What's your vigor at? A minimum of 26-27 is a good benchmark for endgame.

:negative: 20.

I did employ the art of the backroll for Jason Voorhees mode as the earlier poster mentioned and it yielded better results.

I died right before finishing him. :argh: But I almost had him. Progress is progress! :getin:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

She cradling a grub. She's actually a normal looking, giant lady.

People think the grub is one of the three archdeacons, Klimt, because it's said he attended to Rosaria herself.

Perhaps Klimt is her first born and took Rosarrias tongue with him as revenge for being reborn a pathetic man grub.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Humans Among Us posted:

You kill the swordmaster next to firelink by shooting 300 arrows/firebombs in his face or w/e. Go to Vordt and summon swordguy. Have him murder the knights with you and go to dancer.
Have the dancer smash him to bits and immediately exit game to menu. Load game, summon Sword who now has a tiny hitbox and go back to dancer.

Climb into Lothric Castle and run in to get another 10k souls from the corpse behind the knight.

Rip if they fix this bug today

Alternatively, just stand at the border of last pillar near the chasm and hold your shield up. Most of the time he will hit two or three times, push you to your death, keep comboing and fall along. :shepface:

Then his items will be standing at the spot where he is before dying.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
alternatively

git gud

Rahtas
Oct 22, 2010

RABBIT TROOP FOREVER!
Yep. NPC Summin no hit-box is gone, aka, Sword Master glitch. Just tested it. C'est la vie.

Luckily for me I did it last night on a new guy to get to miracles he'll need.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
lautrec cosplay is quite good for PVP. i made a refined +9 shotel, and just use the parry dagger/2 hand the shotel, as there is no point using double shotels really. the moveset takes a lil while to get used to, as there is no kick(backflip instead), but i've warmed up to it. the running 1h r1 is really good, the running 2h r1 is very fast, and the regular 2h r1 spam is deceptively fast.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

So i've done everything in the cathedral except take on the deacons, Patches is at Firelink (he does not have Seigward's armor in his inventory), and Seigward is nowhere to be found (i.e., he's not in the well). Patches never showed up at the Cathedral, but did lock me in the tower at Firelink. What's wrong?

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

-S- posted:

So i've done everything in the cathedral except take on the deacons, Patches is at Firelink (he does not have Seigward's armor in his inventory), and Seigward is nowhere to be found (i.e., he's not in the well). Patches never showed up at the Cathedral, but did lock me in the tower at Firelink. What's wrong?

did you kill the demon with seigward?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
It sounds like you never killed the Demon, or if you did, maybe you didn't talk to him afterward.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

no_funeral posted:

did you kill the demon with seigward?

Yeah. We had a pint together afterward.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

-S- posted:

If you get Rosaria's bonfire before meeting Patches in the Cathedral, he won't show up there. It shouldn't change anything long-term, since he still shows up in Firelink and you should be able to buy the Catarina armor there. But it sounds like you're missing a trigger for Siegward to be in the well, which I would figure is just having met him in the Settlement and killed the demon with him, but I'm not 100% sure.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Have you opened all the big blue doors in the Cathedral, too? Hearsay is one of them is what triggers Siggy to get stuck in the well.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Instant Grat posted:

Have you opened all the big blue doors in the Cathedral, too? Hearsay is one of them is what triggers Siggy to get stuck in the well.

I think I have? There are like 3 or 4 of them?

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

The important one is the one on the opposite end from Rosarias Chamber, the one that leads back outdoors to the graveyard. Opening that one before getting to Rosarias side is also what triggers Patches appearance in the Cathedral.

e: This isn't relevant though since Patches would have the Armor if you were missing that door. The quest broke before you made it to the Cathedral.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Instant Grat posted:

This is correct. He didn't appear for me until I opened the doors in the Cathedral. I can't remember which one it was specifically, but I believe it was the door that appears in the Graveyard approach.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Vargatron posted:

This is correct. He didn't appear for me until I opened the doors in the Cathedral. I can't remember which one it was specifically, but I believe it was the door that appears in the Graveyard approach.

I'm not sure which one this one is, so I bet I did miss it.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Most of the invasions in this game are still pretty terrible, but when you finally win that 1v3 fight, it's a great feeling.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
I'm trying a Deprived, No Leveling Up run and the game is so different and interesting. None of those expendable items are really optional anymore, and now that I'm not ever going to spend my souls on leveling up, I have no reason not to constantly churn through them.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

-S- posted:

I'm not sure which one this one is, so I bet I did miss it.

If you go past the shortcut where the Pursuer's Greatshield was it's just after the graveyard.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Man I downloaded the patch and now it's stuck patching and going nowhere this is bullshit

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Mystic Stylez posted:

I'm playing on PC, can't I just do this one time with one character, make a backup of the save and then replace one of my own saves every time I want to restart with the Dancer dead? Or could you get banned or something?

FROM has claimed that you will not get punished for save backups.

Then again, they also claimed that you wouldn't get punished if a cheater did something to you. Then they wound up having to do an unban wave that also unbanned cheaters.

In other words... do you trust From Software's cheat detection to not make false positives?

There is also a "request unban" form, but I would think the same caveat applies since they've threatened heavier punishment if they think "nah you totally cheated".

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPKITeTT2cw

GET HYPE (for more ds1)

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone doing that? I could (as usual) pretty much always play DS1.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

anyone have an idea what the patch did?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Manatee Cannon posted:

anyone have an idea what the patch did?

Some pretty good changes, nerf to fist weapon parries, some sorceries and most offensive miracles cast faster, estoc R1 speed nerf, and fist / claw weapons AR buffed (they're still incredibly slow with no reach though).

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

though I've seen some complaints from PS4 framerate drops post-patch. I'm on pc so can't confirm.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://m.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4nhgue/app_105_regulation_108_changes_megathread/

quote:

mods will sticky this. I'll compile tested and confirmed changes here, if you have a change that's not documented on the official patch notes please put sopme evidence on your post, I'll test it myself if you can't confirm.

Misc changes:

You can change your covenant as a host even if you're invaded
You can no longer show your naked butt with the squat + Jailer's robe combo.
You can hold 600 of each ammo type in storage (arrows, bolts, greatarrows).
Frame data changes:

Offensive miracles are faster in general. WoG is unchanged.
Soul Greatsword, Dark Edge, Dark Serpent all got significant cast speed buffs.
Chaos Bed Vestiges and Boulder Heave are much faster. Same might be possible for more pyromancies.
Fist and claw weapons parry attempts have more recovery time.
Thrusting swords have been slowed down.
Gotthard's rolling L1 has a lot more recovery time.
Straightsword class rolling R1 has more recovery time.
For some reason the greatlance is slower in general. Chaos blade now has 160 counter.
Offhanding a weapon undoes the frame data changes, video proof.
Here's an useful video with a lot of comparisons of cast speed of various spells (click here).

Balnace:

Warmth works now.
Lifehunt scythe damage increased.
People report sorceries are more damaging across the board, spells are faster as well, can't confirm this myself.
Farron Hail has a lot more spread now, same is being reported for Bursting Fireball.
When you have half the FP needed for a Weapon Art, said WA will come out at full effectiveness.
Fist weapons in general have been buffed.
Issues that have been introduced:

Ultrawide display support has been reported as broken.
Some threads in the sub report bad performance on PS4 and PC, I need more data to confirm this.
FROM forgot to adjust frame data when your weapon is on the offhand.
Two handed weapons do not display AR properly. AR shown only shows either the 2H bonus or the 1.5 STR scaling multiplier, not sure which. Proof.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

quote:

Chaos blade now has 160 counter.

Oh my God this again?

Quick, someone check Dark Chaos Blade for mysteriously high damage!

(Yes, I know.)

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 10, 2016

Harvey Wallbanger
Aug 15, 2009

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

...Boulder Heave is much faster

HAHAHAH YES

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

Oh my God this again?

Quick, someone check Dark Chaos Blade for mysteriously high damage!

(Yes, I know.)
Wait, how's that work? Is there some bugged connection between the counter stat and Dark-infused scaling?

Edit: Oh, it's an in-joke based on DS2's Chaos Blade receiving buffs/getting overlooked for nerfs.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 11, 2016

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Why would you patch out the butt thing?

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!
If I wanted to do a demons fist run, should i level heavily in INT/FAITH and STR for scaling?

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

So I just beat Soul of Cinder. Does the game end when I "link the first flame?" If I want to play the DLC later and not have to play on a NG+ should I stop now?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

RabidWeasel posted:

Some pretty good changes, nerf to fist weapon parries, some sorceries and most offensive miracles cast faster, estoc R1 speed nerf, and fist / claw weapons AR buffed (they're still incredibly slow with no reach though).

Augh, exact same speed/range on the claws? No amount of AR boost will help them if you can never land a hit.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Puntification posted:

Why would you patch out the butt thing?

My quality-build dude is named "Moonie" for this very reason, now From have cruelly voided his raison d'etre

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mercurochrome posted:

So I just beat Soul of Cinder. Does the game end when I "link the first flame?" If I want to play the DLC later and not have to play on a NG+ should I stop now?

ng+ is optional, after the credits it'll ask you about it. if you say no, you can start it from the firelink bonfire like how dark souls 2 worked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Does the "recovery time adjustment" to the fist parry mean you're vulnerable for longer if you whiff a parry? Were there any changes to the timing or the frames of the parry itself?